OMTE

Tifton, GA

#26835 Oct 10, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
I doo use doo a lot because my trade name is Doo. You are slow to catch on. It is making an impact on your tiny brain. What is (aperson)? You are so smart aren't you? Republicans are like that. Get back on the banana boat friend.
Oh hush dummy, you're not even worth the effort. GB :(

United States

#26836 Oct 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Michele Bachmann is hott.:)
http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/10/the-dem...
Impeach Obama Today!
ROFLMAO - Bachman, the darling of backwoods, knuckle dragging rednecks and other religious fanatics...too damned funny.

"Impeach Obama..." - On what grounds retard? On the grounds that you and a hand full of fanatics hate his guts? Your hatred is all you've got. Too damned funny x2 -
Now

Clarkesville, GA

#26838 Oct 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the rest of us are paying for your doctor, we should get to pick the doctor.
Here's an idea - buy some damn insurance and stop whining.

Here's and idea for you dummy...GFY

Now

Clarkesville, GA

#26839 Oct 10, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you deny that fact that we had two wars that cost trillions and over 6,000 Americans lost their lives. Didn't happen? Oh yes it surly did. Are you blind or just crazy? Obamacare is the law of he land and will be funded like it or not. This is the Republicans last ditch effort to kill it for their rich buddies that got them elected. Everyone should pay in so everyone can have coverage and doo away with the leaches that are too sorry to buy insurance and put their hospital bills on my tab and yours too. Blinc, lame, and dumb sounds like you friend.

Well now, you just wanna drag in road kill to digest. Be my guest but dont expect me to sit down and eat with you...

As far as obamacare goes, it sucks, lags, drags, and needs resuscitation.

It's bad for the economy ANYTIME when gubmint mis-directs billions upon billions into one segment of the marketplace, namely insurance, and puts excess pressure upon another segment, namely medical.

It's also bad for the economy when gubmint mis-directs money from one population group to another population group.

For any gubmint to try and control a free economy is akin to the stupidity shown by the libroids.

If the libroids had any clue about how to run an economy, we would not still be in the financial doldrums we are in presently, and have been since AFTER Obama took office.

You and I have a Turkey running the country. I'm the only who sees the Turkey, you see a decoy...

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#26840 Oct 10, 2013
Scott wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
By Thomas Sewell
When it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
THU OCT 10, 2013 AT 08:45 AM PDT
Republicans finally admit the obvious: It's THEIR shutdown
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/10/1245...

Boehner lets 'em keep shutdown in exchange for 6wk DL ext MT @BenjySarlin Labrador says he backs DL increase to continue fight against Ocare
—@robertcostaNRO

Republicans have been hilariously trying to lay blame for their shutdown on Democrats. It's not a tactic that has worked, given the brutal anti-GOP lean in recent polling. But in today's GOP caucus meeting, it was the teabaggers who fought House Speaker John Boehner for the right to keep the government shuttered. And National Review's Robert Costa, who has reported from inside the GOP caucus better than anyone else, has confirmed it.

It's their shutdown, and they don't want to give it up.

United States

#26842 Oct 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Well Duh!!! Everybody knows you're a fa$$ot, Lucifer. Huh? Of course Bachmann or any woman is not hott to you, you're a fa$$ot. Obama should be Impeached for Treason. Period. GB :)
Like I said - All you've got is your hatred and you prove it every time you post.
oooohhhh he called me a faggot oooohhhhh, I'm soooo insulted. Is that your best? LOL The average kindergardener has more chutzpah than that. But then the average kindergardener has a bigger vocabulary than that too.

Treason? LMFAO you are one pathetic fool. You hate the president so therefore he's treasonous. Your logic is profound....it just gets funnier.

United States

#26843 Oct 10, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
THU OCT 10, 2013 AT 08:45 AM PDT
Republicans finally admit the obvious: It's THEIR shutdown
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/10/1245...
Boehner lets 'em keep shutdown in exchange for 6wk DL ext MT @BenjySarlin Labrador says he backs DL increase to continue fight against Ocare
—@robertcostaNRO
Republicans have been hilariously trying to lay blame for their shutdown on Democrats. It's not a tactic that has worked, given the brutal anti-GOP lean in recent polling. But in today's GOP caucus meeting, it was the teabaggers who fought House Speaker John Boehner for the right to keep the government shuttered. And National Review's Robert Costa, who has reported from inside the GOP caucus better than anyone else, has confirmed it.
It's their shutdown, and they don't want to give it up.
Yep and then there's this - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/us/business...
< "In the two previous battles over the debt limit, many chief executives were reluctant to take sides, banding together in groups like Fix the Debt, which spent millions of dollars on a campaign urging Democrats and Republicans to work toward a “grand bargain” on the budget. But with shutdown a reality, and the clock ticking toward default, some of those same executives now place the blame squarely on conservative Republicans in the House.
“It’s clearly this faction within the Republican Party that’s causing the issue right now,” said David M. Cote, the chief executive of Honeywell and a steering board member of Fix the Debt." >
Now

Clarkesville, GA

#26844 Oct 10, 2013
Obamacare website cost more than FACEBOOKTWITTERLINKEDININSTAGR AM... combined......

"It’s been one full week since the flagship technology portion of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) went live. And since that time, the befuddled beast that is Healthcare.gov has shutdown, crapped out, stalled, and mis-loaded so consistently that its track record for failure is challenged only by Congress.

The site itself, which apparently underwent major code renovations over the weekend, still rejects user logins, fails to load drop-down menus and other crucial components for users that successfully gain entrance, and otherwise prevents uninsured Americans in the 36 states it serves from purchasing healthcare at competitive rates – Healthcare.gov ’s primary purpose. The site is so busted that, as of a couple days ago, the number of people that successfully purchased healthcare through it was in the “single digits,” according to the Washington Post."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacar...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#26845 Oct 10, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear 1 Big Dumby,
Why would the Federal Highway need to be shutdown, please try and explain your reasoning.
Government shutdown impact: Mail, air travel, prisons
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/governm...
Federal air traffic controllers would remain on the job and airport screeners would keep funneling passengers through security checkpoints. Federal inspectors would continue enforcing safety rules.

The Federal highways would be shut down for the same reason the World War Two Memorial and other sites are being shut down by the point of a gun. It is to prove the point what Obama has the power to do to you if he wishes. It is to inconvenience as many people as possible while showing just how vindictive, powerful, and large the government is. Remember Obamas words. "Just sit down and shut up!" That is all our president is doing now. He wants what he wants, and will use any amount of force including armed police to accomplish his goal. I can't believe you haven't figured that out yet. All the rest of America has.

Douglasville, GA

#26846 Oct 10, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
October 9, 2013
Republican Party Favorability Sinks to Record Low
http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-...
With the Republican-controlled House of Representatives engaged in a tense, government-shuttering budgetary standoff against a Democratic president and Senate, the Republican Party is now viewed favorably by 28% of Americans, down from 38% in September. This is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992.
...The Democratic Party also has a public image problem -- although not on the same elephantine scale as that of the Republican Party -- with 43% viewing the Democratic Party favorably, down four percentage points from last month.
...More than six in 10 Americans (62%) now view the GOP unfavorably, a record high. By comparison, nearly half of Americans (49%) view the Democratic Party unfavorably. Roughly one in four Americans see both parties unfavorably.
...As the two major political parties are locked in a high-stakes political imbroglio that has resulted in a government shutdown and may cause the first-ever default on the national debt, Americans are more likely to view both parties negatively than positively. The Republican Party is clearly taking a bigger political hit from Americans thus far in the unfolding saga, with 28% rating the GOP favorably -- a loss of 10 points from only a month ago. This contrasts with previous Gallup findings from just before the government shutdown showing the Republican Party making up ground on a few key issues. Thus, the Republican Party's current strategy in the fiscal debates may not be paying dividends.
Number one I am not a Republican. Both parties suck. The reason they both suck and their ratings have gone down, is that there is really one party disguised as two parties. Therefore the two parties which are really one, continue to sink together.
All they do is try to deceive the general public, taking as much money as they can from donations, and playing good cop, bad cop.
To me they are like a bad soap opera script.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#26847 Oct 10, 2013
Now wrote:
"Contrary to Obama’s promises, it turns out: You can’t keep your doctor, you can’t keep your insurance — you can’t even keep your job. In other words, it’s a typical government program, but this one wrecks your health care."
"Can't even keep your job," is typically what happens when Libroids get their way, along with higher taxes.....
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/09/democrats-t...
Well, Anne Coultier can say anything he would like to say. That doesn't mean that you have to be stupid enough to take it as fact.

Douglasville, GA

#26848 Oct 10, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post and I agree completely. The Tea Party poops will soon be sent home and a lot of Moderates will loos the election in 2014 and the Democrats will again run the Senate, House and Presidency. They don't all this damage to themselves.
Maybe, and I say just maybe, if you are lucky, President Putin will come over here and win the the election for president of the U.S. That would make your day really wonderful, wouldn't it?
Forget about Putin not being an American citizen as our laws and Constitution mean nothing anymore.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#26849 Oct 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Obamas words. "Just sit down and shut up!" That is all our president is doing now. He wants what he wants, and WILL USE ANY AMOUNT OF FORCE INCLUDING ARMED POLICE to accomplish his goal
Yep. Uh-huh. That's exactly what is happening.

Every time you open your mouth your crazy and paranoid shows through.
Try - just TRY - to put aside the hate and rhetoric a paranoia, and just deal with reality and logic for a little while. I'm not asking for much - just give it an honest attempt.

Think you can give it a go?
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#26850 Oct 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, and I say just maybe, if you are lucky, President Putin will come over here and win the the election for president of the U.S. That would make your day really wonderful, wouldn't it?
Forget about Putin not being an American citizen as our laws and Constitution mean nothing anymore.
That's right. America is a land without laws. We have no Constitution.

That's the way it is, really!

Not.

Douglasville, GA

#26852 Oct 10, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Uh-huh. That's exactly what is happening.
Every time you open your mouth your crazy and paranoid shows through.
Try - just TRY - to put aside the hate and rhetoric a paranoia, and just deal with reality and logic for a little while. I'm not asking for much - just give it an honest attempt.
Think you can give it a go?
I didn't make up the news stories. Are all the news media lying? Perhaps you should take the wax out of your ears and the blinders of your eyes.

Douglasville, GA

#26853 Oct 10, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. America is a land without laws. We have no Constitution.
That's the way it is, really!
Not.
You have lost your ability to comprehend what you read. You are getting more and more like IO each day. You actually seem desperate. Pretty hard to defend what has been going on lately huh?
I didn't say we were without laws and the Constitution. I said that they didn't mean anything any more. Quite a difference in meaning, don't you think?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#26854 Oct 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Federal highways would be shut down for the same reason the World War Two Memorial and other sites are being shut down by the point of a gun. It is to prove the point what Obama has the power to do to you if he wishes. It is to inconvenience as many people as possible while showing just how vindictive, powerful, and large the government is. Remember Obamas words. "Just sit down and shut up!" That is all our president is doing now. He wants what he wants, and will use any amount of force including armed police to accomplish his goal. I can't believe you haven't figured that out yet. All the rest of America has.
But the Federal Hwy System has not shutdown has it, and the airports are still open, and what has been shutdown is non-essential operations each of which was, or should have been, a known fact to those Republicans who have sought to shutdown the government. This shutdown is exactly what Republicans wanted, and to moan and groan about this or that non-essential part now being unavailable is really stoooopid.

Course, there's no surprises there.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#26855 Oct 10, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Anne Coultier can say anything he would like to say. That doesn't mean that you have to be stupid enough to take it as fact.
You've forgotten who you are responding, so being stooopid and believing Ann Coultier is a given.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#26856 Oct 10, 2013
Scott wrote:
By Thomas Sewell
When it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
THU OCT 10, 2013 AT 09:44 AM PDT
How House Republicans guaranteed a shutdown: by changing the rules
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/10/1246...

Here's proof positive that Republicans own this shutdown. How badly did House Republican leadership wanted to shut down the government? Here's how much. They used an unprecedented parliamentary procedure to block any chance that the clean continuing resolution sent to them by the Senate would reach the floor. They did so by changing standing House rules.
Under normal procedure, here's how it would have worked the day it all fell down, September 30. The Senate sent over their clean CR. The House amended it with their anti-Obamacare stuff. The Senate rejected that change, and sent their resolution back. At that point, under normal procedure, any member would have been able to make a motion to bring the Senate bill to the floor. The rule that says they can do it is this:

When the stage of disagreement has been reached on a bill or resolution with House or Senate amendments, a motion to dispose of any amendment shall be privileged.
That means the chambers are deadlocked and any member trying to break the deadlock would be able to do so—would have privilege to do so. Except that in this case, for this continuing resolution only, Republicans changed the rule. They did it on the night of September 30, the eve of the shutdown, in a Rules Committee meeting. The rule change said that any motion to take up the Senate bill "may be offered only by the majority Leader or his designee." Meaning only Eric Cantor or with his approval. Which wasn't going to happen.

"I've never seen this rule used. I'm not even sure they were certain we would have found it," a House Democratic aide told TPM. "This was an overabundance of caution on their part.'We've got to find every single crack in the dam that water can get through and plug it.'"

Congressional historians agreed that it was highly unusual for the House to reserve such power solely for the leadership.

"I've never heard of anything like that before," Norm Ornstein, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, told TPM.

There was no way John Boehner and Eric Cantor were going to allow a clean funding bill to reach the floor the night before the shutdown. Because they knew that there were plenty of Republicans who would vote for it and it would pass.
House Democrats knew this was happening from the beginning, but unlike the Senate, the minority party in the House has very little power to do anything about abuses like this. They've been doing what they can do, trying to pass a motion to recommit every mini-funding bill the leadership brings up, to replace them with the Senate's clean resolution. But the procedure is arcane and complex and it's easy for the so-called moderate Republicans to pretend like those efforts don't exist, and to not do what they say they want—reopen government with a clean spending bill.

That makes those "moderate" Republicans as complicit in this as their leadership. The entire Republican Party owns this shutdown, completely.

Douglasville, GA

#26857 Oct 10, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Federal Hwy System has not shutdown has it, and the airports are still open, and what has been shutdown is non-essential operations each of which was, or should have been, a known fact to those Republicans who have sought to shutdown the government. This shutdown is exactly what Republicans wanted, and to moan and groan about this or that non-essential part now being unavailable is really stoooopid.
Course, there's no surprises there.
What are you arguing about anyway? I never implied that the Federal highways or the airports were shut down. I said I wondered if Obama had thought about closing them down next to make his point of how he could hurt us and how powerful he was.
I guess you want the Democrats and Obama to rule without opposition. Yeah, I guess a dictatorship would suit you well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende... Thu LonePalm Sux 8
Trial for (JR) Byron Nail (Aug '09) Nov 25 lynn 35
Jekyll Island Music Thread Nov 12 Musikologist 1
darien Nov 9 please 1
Motion picture studio comes to Brunswick Nov 6 movieguy 1
Bubba Garcias above the law? (Apr '11) Nov 5 Danny Noonan 4
Say goodbye to Senior Week (Feb '08) Nov 2 Josh Roberson 6
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match

Brunswick People Search