Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2738 Jan 29, 2013
The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now you're physic, are you?
I assure you, I have NEVER been easy on anyone who I know is "gaming" the system when it comes to welfare, food stamps, etc. And yes, I have asked at least one person how they think it's moral or ethical to get welfare when they're able to work. Other than that one person, I don't personally know anyone else who is milking the welfare system. However, I do know a number of people who cheat on their taxes, set up businesses to lose money for tax write offs, etc.
Well, then I guess you need to appoint yourself their moral compass and take them to task. While you are at it, look a little HARDER for those gaming the system. Your response to that part of the equation was just a little too convenient. pfft
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

#2739 Jan 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then I guess you need to appoint yourself their moral compass and take them to task. While you are at it, look a little HARDER for those gaming the system. Your response to that part of the equation was just a little too convenient. pfft
Wow, is that as good as you can come back with? Pathetic.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2740 Jan 29, 2013
The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
An ironic comment coming from one such as yourself...

Location hidden

#2741 Jan 29, 2013
The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I got the best of YOU. That's good enough for me.(BTW, you and your pitiful double standard are the very definition of pathetic.)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2742 Jan 29, 2013
C Dundee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Straw Man" Sure, whatever man. You have got to be the most arrogant person i've ever read on here. Just full of yourself or something else.
It's people like you who get away with paying less taxes than the average man because of capital gains tax rates and other bullsh-t.
Another clueless and uneducated comment...

Oh, we've met?

"It's people like you who get away with paying less taxes than the average man because of capital gains tax rates and other bullsh-t."

How do you know what taxes I pay? Omnipotent? Nah, probably just impotent...

We all pay the same tax rates, don't we? Or is that beyond your comprehension?

BTW, even with capital gains, I pay a higher OVERALL tax rate than the average person. But that's probably beyond your ability to understand...
ladybug63l

Cartersville, GA

#2743 Jan 30, 2013
Bbcćgf
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's really just another Right Wing/Teabagger fantasy.

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All Stars
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_ y yx u
Teacher

Blairsville, GA

#2744 Jan 30, 2013
The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
...set up businesses to lose money for tax write offs, etc.
For example:

The CG rate is nothing compared to some other tax loopholes that are out there - IF you're invited to sit down at the table and that happens only if you net worth is....

There are at least three areas of business that enjoy special loopholes, and all three are high-profile - professional sports, car racing (NASCAR and F1) and the motion picture industry. In pro sports, the team is incorporated as a Limited Partnership (they all are), and an LP share runs from between $100 million to $300 million, depending on which table you're at.

What do you NOT get for your investment? A ROI (profit)!

But that's the game. First, you'll get guaranteed operating LOSSES on the investment (share) that run into the millions. You also get to write off a 187% accelerated declining balance depreciation (over 5 years) plus a 3% investment tax credit. After the five years? You "trade" with one of the other LPs and start the process all over again.

The other two areas operate a little differently but the results are the same. LOL! One that's amusing: The original "Rocky" has grossed well over a billion dollars, but has yet to show a taxable profit! "Top Gun" and "Days of Thunder" are both big losers as are others.

All that is really great if you're having a good year. If it's not such a good one, you "sell" your interest to one of the other LPs who is having a good one, for a handsome amount, who pays you using off-shore shell corporate accounts.

Sure, all of us could do the same thing, it's all legal, but we need to have a net, before tax, off-setting income that is in the hundreds of millions before you get to play.

And some of you bitch about some poor bastard gaming the system.
peacock

Madison, GA

#2745 Jan 30, 2013
The one arrogant engineer is about as dull & arrogant as human can possibly be. The remaining few only impress themselves, calling any other posts/comments uneducated. Gag. You lost me at "Synergy", "D-ville" & "Jeb". Now meet at the club, poke that ole cigar in yo mouth, have a bourban and dream of 67. Yeah, all things important.
peacock

Madison, GA

#2746 Jan 30, 2013
Did I mention the arrogance?
DAN

Dalton, GA

#2747 Jan 30, 2013
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
For example:
The CG rate is nothing compared to some other tax loopholes that are out there - IF you're invited to sit down at the table and that happens only if you net worth is....
There are at least three areas of business that enjoy special loopholes, and all three are high-profile - professional sports, car racing (NASCAR and F1) and the motion picture industry. In pro sports, the team is incorporated as a Limited Partnership (they all are), and an LP share runs from between $100 million to $300 million, depending on which table you're at.
But that's the game. First, you'll get guaranteed operating LOSSES on the investment (share) that run into the millions. You also get to write off a 187% accelerated declining balance depreciation (over 5 years) plus a 3% investment tax credit. After the five years? You "trade" with one of the other LPs and start the process all over again.
The other two areas operate a little differently but the results are the same. LOL! One that's amusing: The original "Rocky" has grossed well over a billion dollars, but has yet to show a taxable profit! "Top Gun" and "Days of Thunder" are both big losers as are others.
All that is really great if you're having a good year. If it's not such a good one, you "sell" your interest to one of the other LPs who is having a good one, for a handsome amount, who pays you using off-shore shell corporate accounts.
Sure, all of us could do the same thing, it's all legal, but we need to have a net, before tax, off-setting income that is in the hundreds of millions before you get to play.
This is exactly what every business in america has done in the past and is doing today the only people that actually pays taxes the the little working person ,that is why the country suffers so much when all of them are not working .
peacock

Madison, GA

#2748 Jan 30, 2013
I'd guess you're best at slices, hooks, and short putts. Am I close?
Teacher

Blairsville, GA

#2749 Jan 30, 2013
DAN wrote:
<quoted text>This is exactly what every business in america has done in the past and is doing today the only people that actually pays taxes the the little working person ,that is why the country suffers so much when all of them are not working .
To varying degrees, yes, that's exactly what's happening! There are two prime, although small time examples going on right here in Towns County where losses are generating profits for the owners, who aren't from here and in fact may not have even visited the town.

Big money buys "protection" and exemptions and special tax breaks from Congress, who profit as well yet those who "support" this person or that for office fail to take that into consideration. They play like it's a game - our team vs yours, good vs evil - but for big business and politicians, it's a serious business and making and keeping fortunes using the power of government is the name.

As long as politicians keep us at each other's throats, they know we'll keep away from their's.
peacock

Madison, GA

#2750 Jan 30, 2013
Did I mention they all have ugly wives? Since you can dish it, just wondering if you can take it? Education won't buy a Victoria Secret model trophy wife, but I hear you can rent one? How's that for an ego boost?... 3 points from 1/2 court...Bam!!!!!
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#2751 Jan 30, 2013
Teacher wrote:
For example:

I'm bribing my politician to pass a law creating a "Green Colored Metal Roof Tax Rate,(GCRTR).

The GCRTR allows me to pay only 3% my income which I receive from rental residences with green colored metal roofs - the world needs more green colored metal roofs - and it's an incentive to me to invest in houses with green colored metal roofs.

No more ALT for me !

Nobody better complain.

All they have to do is come up with about $30K, have a good secure longstanding job, have additional disposable income that supports another $100K loan, good credit, and no personal problems like sick kids or parents, that use that disposable income.

Yep, that's fair. Anyone can use the GCRTR.

Who can complain about that ? Only those bitter because their incomes don't come from buildings with green colored metal roofs.

Whiners.
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

#2752 Jan 30, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I got the best of YOU. That's good enough for me.(BTW, you and your pitiful double standard are the very definition of pathetic.)
You sound like a kindergarten kid. Grow up. Or is this you so-called "educated" people act?(Ooops, I have a college degree myself)
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2753 Jan 30, 2013
peacock wrote:
The one arrogant engineer is about as dull & arrogant as human can possibly be. The remaining few only impress themselves, calling any other posts/comments uneducated. Gag. You lost me at "Synergy", "D-ville" & "Jeb". Now meet at the club, poke that ole cigar in yo mouth, have a bourban and dream of 67. Yeah, all things important.
thanks!i think.
GA Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2754 Jan 30, 2013
I just see ya'll everywhere, don't I. Go figure.
GA Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#2755 Jan 30, 2013
I just met Jeb in the Americus forum. Guess someone just dumped this on all the Ga sites. LOL!!

Location hidden

#2756 Jan 30, 2013
The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a kindergarten kid. Grow up. Or is this you so-called "educated" people act?(Ooops, I have a college degree myself)
All you are doing is trolling for a fight. YOUR immaturity is astounding. You won't get a fight from me. It's a waste of time to try to educate a liberal who has guzzled the Obama-aid. I gave up on that a long time ago. Look! Why are you in such a twist? Your guy won. You are going to get what you so desperately want. Congratulations. I am thrilled for you. You, the other libs and Obama are going to teach the producers a lesson they won't soon forget. Be happy. One day, everyone will be equal. No one will be allowed to distinguish themselves as more successful. No one will get their feelings hurt. No one will have to work harder. No one will be concerned with getting ahead. It will be all good. Again, congratulations on your victory. I just don't understand why you are spending your time trolling for arguments. YOUR GUY WON.

Location hidden

#2757 Jan 30, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks!i think.
No, Jeb. You didn't receive a compliment.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Clubs in the Darien,Brunswick area (Jan '11) 18 hr a little curius 2
might be moving to Brunswick Oct 18 I used to live there 2
*Missing Person* Amber Whited (Jul '13) Oct 17 your wrong 8
Are you a Southern Democrat? Oct 16 voter 2
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Oct 15 Cold War Warrior 5
The Red Carpet (Jul '13) Oct 15 HGN 3
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Oct 15 Political Traveler 8
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match

Brunswick Jobs