Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#25952 Oct 1, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Whine, whine, whine.
Congress passed it.
The President signed it.
The Supreme Court approved it.
It's the law.
Now buy insurance or pay the fine.
And stop Right Wing Freeloading Deadbeats making us responsible Americans carrying their useless welfare-loving butts.
The
You nailed it: there's some serious whining going on. The truth is most of the people in here REFUSE to sit back and take an objective look at things - they simply won't do it. Use logic and reasoning? Not a chance...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25953 Oct 2, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's your analysis - it just goes to show you're stark-raving mad.
Henchmen? Really?
Remember: "We have to pass it to know what's in it?" NO ONE knew what was in it before it was signed into law. How careless. How reckless. AND you defend it and call me, one who considers that "strategy" deceitful, stark raving mad?????? I suppose if a Republican had used that same MO, you would have heartily approved. Right? Why don't you just stop for a minute and REALLY consider what has been heaved upon this country since that renegade has been in office? Are you capable of doing that? Can you honestly tell me that if the shoe were on the other foot, YOU would be delighted and approving if a Republican had done WHAT Obama has done AND in the way he did it? Careful. This will speak of your integrity.

Location hidden

#25954 Oct 2, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
They're against it because it's called ObamaCare - when you take that name out of it - they're all for it... logic says.....
THAT'S your analysis??? If so, YOU are stark raving mad. See how that works?

Location hidden

#25955 Oct 2, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it: there's some serious whining going on. The truth is most of the people in here REFUSE to sit back and take an objective look at things - they simply won't do it. Use logic and reasoning? Not a chance...
In one of my last posts to you, I have challenged you to look at this whole situation OBJECTIVELY. Let's see how you do.
just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#25956 Oct 2, 2013
good_news wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, not my message at all. I did not vote for Obama, did not vote for Bush, I don't vote period. I am for a theocracy. That is my point. True Christians are neutral. Really, think about it, do you see Jesus Christ tossing a hand grenade for the USA or any other country when he said "love your neighbor as yourself". When you support a government, you support nationalism, which supports superiority of one group over another. That is not Christian. Acts 10:34
So you're saying that Cornelius wasn't a Godly man?
Now

Demorest, GA

#25957 Oct 2, 2013
Lawsuits against obamacare's HHS....

"Today there are 73 cases and over 200 plaintiffs representing hospitals, universities, businesses, schools, and people all speaking with one voice to affirm the freedom of religion guaranteed in the Constitution."

http://www.becketfund.org/hhsinformationcentr...

Now

Demorest, GA

#25958 Oct 2, 2013
This is one of those lawsuits........

“Like all of the Little Sisters, I have vowed to God and the Roman Catholic Church that I will treat all life as valuable, and I have dedicated my life to that work,” said Sister Loraine Marie, Superior for one of the three U.S. provinces in the Congregation.“We cannot violate our vows by participating in the government’s program to provide access to abortion-inducing drugs.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Now

Demorest, GA

#25959 Oct 2, 2013
"Ten states where Obamacare wipes out existing health care plans"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/28/ten-states-...

Now

Demorest, GA

#25960 Oct 2, 2013
"The nation’s largest federal workers union will rally in Washington Wednesday outside the Department of Labor headquarters as part of the group’s National Day of Protest against the sequester."

Well DUH..........

800,000 federal workers have forgotten they dont compare to the 22.6 million out of work or under employed.....

I have no big concern for those federal workers, let them get in line at the unemployment office as the rest of americans do....

"The number of unemployed persons, at 11.8 million, and the unemployment rate, at 7.6 percent, were unchanged in June. Both measures have shown little change since February."

In addition there are this many
"The number of persons employed
part time for economic reasons(sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) increased by 322,000 to 8.2 million in June. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job."

And another number not counted as unemployed but yet are under employed....

In June, 2.6 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially unchanged from a year earlier.(The data are not seasonally adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey."

just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#25961 Oct 2, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the right to believe what you want. One thing for sure this country is not being ruled by God. Far from it. Christians are being persecuted worldwide. They are being called terrorist by this current U.S. administration. I see no reason to support an anti-God government and it's deceitful lying officials.
Perhaps you should keep up with what is going on in this country and help God and yourself by hopefully voting for the right people in the next election. Otherwise this country along with God will soon be dead in America.
I support good honest God fearing people over the evil ones that are trying to destroy them and this country. You call that not Christian?
I believe that is what a Christian does with God's help.
Now

Demorest, GA

#25962 Oct 2, 2013
The idol boy for the libroids.......

"On Sunday, former Vermont Governor Howard Dean said it would be a "good thing" that small businesses will ultimately decide to dump their employees into the Obamacare healthcare exchanges."

Now

Demorest, GA

#25963 Oct 2, 2013
Yesterday the House demos voted down the repubs attempt to keep the the world war 2 Memorial open, thereby voting against veterans....

Now

Demorest, GA

#25964 Oct 2, 2013
"What the Obama administration is portraying as a "shutdown" of the federal government -- complete with signs posted at the entrances to government buildings, parks and monuments -- is turning out to be more of a "slimdown," as all but non-essential workers reported to their jobs Tuesday."

A "slimdown" sounds about right, there are a lot of fat folks running around in washington, mostly demos....
Now

Demorest, GA

#25965 Oct 2, 2013
"Just got urgent news from the Washington Post. I have this urgent news right here my formerly nicotine-stained fingers ’cause I just printed it out. Urgent breaking news from the Washington Post:“You Will No Longer Be Able to Watch This Baby Panda Online if the Government Shuts Down.” Right there it is. That’s the headline right there with a picture of the panda. I’m showing it there. Urgent news, Washington Post!

Next thing you know, we’re gonna hear that they’re gonna close the sleigh ride concession, Jellystone National Park. I know there’s no snow yet, but there will be soon, and there won’t be any sleigh rides. It’s gonna be a repeat. Now you can’t watch the panda video. So what do we conclude? Republicans hate animals, and Republicans hate the zoo, and they don’t want young kids to be able to watch nature."

Now

Demorest, GA

#25966 Oct 2, 2013
" We haven't had a budget in four years because the Democrat Party has sought to hide from people their true policy intentions. We have been doing continuing resolution after continuing resolution. The only way to cut spending therefore is via the continuing resolution. There has not been a budget. This is in violation of the constitutional law and other statutory law. Four years. No budget."

silver foxx

Fitzgerald, GA

#25967 Oct 2, 2013
Now wrote:
"Ten states where Obamacare wipes out existing health care plans"
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/28/ten-states-...
I posted this link yesterday, certainly worth a double post.
It's only going to get worse.
silver foxx

Fitzgerald, GA

#25968 Oct 2, 2013
We know it, the world knows it, & Obama doesn't care.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/concoughlin...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25969 Oct 2, 2013
A minority within a minority...

WHERE THE G.O.P.'S SUICIDE CAUCUS LIVES
SEPTEMBER 26, 2013
POSTED BY RYAN LIZZA
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment...

...Meadows wanted Boehner to use the threat of a government shutdown to defund Obamacare, a course Boehner had publicly ruled out.

Back home in Meadows’s congressional district, the idea was quite popular. North Carolina’s Eleventh District had been gerrymandered after the 2010 census to become the most Republican district in his state. Meadows won his election last November by fifteen points. The Presidential contest there was an even bigger blowout. Romney won the district by twenty-three points, sixty-one per cent to thirty-eight per cent. While the big story of the 2012 election was about demographics and a growing non-white population that is increasingly Democratic, that was not the story in the Meadows race. His district is eighty-seven per cent white, five per cent Latino, and three per cent black.

Before Meadows sent off his letter to Boehner, he circulated it among his colleagues, and with the help of the conservative group FreedomWorks, as well as some heavy campaigning by Senators Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Mike Lee, seventy-nine like-minded House Republicans from districts very similar to Meadows’s added their signatures.

..The ability of eighty members of the House of Representatives to push the Republican Party into a strategic course that is condemned by the party’s top strategists is a historical oddity. It’s especially strange when you consider some of the numbers behind the suicide caucus.

...These eighty members represent just eighteen per cent of the House and just a third of the two hundred and thirty-three House Republicans. They were elected with fourteen and a half million of the hundred and eighteen million votes cast in House elections last November, or twelve per cent of the total. In all, they represent fifty-eight million constituents. That may sound like a lot, but it’s just eighteen per cent of the population.

Most of the members of the suicide caucus have districts very similar to Meadows’s. While the most salient demographic fact about America is that it is becoming more diverse, Republican districts actually became less diverse in 2012.

...In short, these eighty members represent an America where the population is getting whiter, where there are few major cities, where Obama lost the last election in a landslide, and where the Republican Party is becoming more dominant and more popular. Meanwhile, in national politics, each of these trends is actually reversed.
the truth

Blairsville, GA

#25970 Oct 2, 2013
Jewell, a Republican who says he is embracing Obamacare reluctantly because there’s nothing better being offered, is confident the health exchanges will eventually work.“As a patient, I assume they will get the program up and running,” he said.

And he knows it can be difficult to launch a new program. Jewell was a spokesman at the Health and Human Services Department under former President George W. Bush.

"I am a Republican who is sympathetic to the program. It would be helpful if it worked for me. I assume it will,” he said. He and his wife have pre-existing health conditions that make it difficult to buy private insurance, but the ACA forces insurers offering new policies to take all comers, regardless of previous health issues.

Jewell was among thousands of Americans who were ready to try the new online marketplace.\
“I was trying during the 7 am hour on the East Coast. I can’t believe people were setting their alarms to get up for Obamacare,” Jewell said.

“We logged 10,000 visitors in the last 3 hours,” Connecticut’s exchange administrators tweeted at @AccessHealthCT.“22 enrollments so far. Make sure your browser is updated if you are having problems!”

Some saw the website crashes as a sign of success. "This plan that the Radical GOP says is so bad is on the verge of crashing due to such high volume," said Mark Nelson of Kingman, Ariz., in a Facebook posting
year

Blairsville, GA

#25971 Oct 2, 2013
Oh my wrote:
A minority within a minority...
WHERE THE G.O.P.'S SUICIDE CAUCUS LIVES
SEPTEMBER 26, 2013
POSTED BY RYAN LIZZA
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment...
...Meadows wanted Boehner to use the threat of a government shutdown to defund Obamacare, a course Boehner had publicly ruled out.
Back home in Meadows’s congressional district, the idea was quite popular. North Carolina’s Eleventh District had been gerrymandered after the 2010 census to become the most Republican district in his state. Meadows won his election last November by fifteen points. The Presidential contest there was an even bigger blowout. Romney won the district by twenty-three points, sixty-one per cent to thirty-eight per cent. While the big story of the 2012 election was about demographics and a growing non-white population that is increasingly Democratic, that was not the story in the Meadows race. His district is eighty-seven per cent white, five per cent Latino, and three per cent black.
Before Meadows sent off his letter to Boehner, he circulated it among his colleagues, and with the help of the conservative group FreedomWorks, as well as some heavy campaigning by Senators Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Mike Lee, seventy-nine like-minded House Republicans from districts very similar to Meadows’s added their signatures.
..The ability of eighty members of the House of Representatives to push the Republican Party into a strategic course that is condemned by the party’s top strategists is a historical oddity. It’s especially strange when you consider some of the numbers behind the suicide caucus.
...These eighty members represent just eighteen per cent of the House and just a third of the two hundred and thirty-three House Republicans. They were elected with fourteen and a half million of the hundred and eighteen million votes cast in House elections last November, or twelve per cent of the total. In all, they represent fifty-eight million constituents. That may sound like a lot, but it’s just eighteen per cent of the population.
Most of the members of the suicide caucus have districts very similar to Meadows’s. While the most salient demographic fact about America is that it is becoming more diverse, Republican districts actually became less diverse in 2012.
...In short, these eighty members represent an America where the population is getting whiter, where there are few major cities, where Obama lost the last election in a landslide, and where the Republican Party is becoming more dominant and more popular. Meanwhile, in national politics, each of these trends is actually reversed.
A VERY good post, you nailed it. This is just a part of the process of the majority in this country becoming a minority. Its not going to be pretty or get any better for many years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ready for whatever! Mon Candy_Lady4845 2
head (Mar '14) Jul 29 wicked 10
male sex (Mar '12) Jul 29 wicked 3
darien (Nov '14) Jul 29 wicked 2
News Coast Guard Sent to Georgia Coast for Teens Mis... Jul 28 Scotty fish 1
News Remembering slain Rolonda Roberts (Sep '07) Jul 25 annomous 62
Jeannie Stamey Jul 19 Danny Noonan 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages