Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
News Flash

Homer, GA

#25504 Sep 25, 2013
Another story on government workers' perks.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1245781521920...
LMBFAO

Blairsville, GA

#25505 Sep 25, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
For the clueless and uneducated among us...
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/09/81510-10-sign...
What a DUMB*SS!!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25506 Sep 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, since you've just admitted that this is nothing more than a word game to fuel Right Wing Whacko Outrage, let's go one more round.
Neither members of Congress, nor their Staff, are exempt from participating in the Exchange. Both members of Congress and their staff will receive subsidies for their costs.
Thanks for playing.
Who said they were exempted from the EXCHANGES? I purposely stated that they WOULD be included in the exchanges. YOU are EXACLY what I've said you are. YOU are going to be RIGHT no matter what. YOU would argue with a fencepost. It's simply crazy. Congress and their staff are going to get help with the costs of their healthcare AND they don't have to have the SAME qualifications as everyone else. THOSE ARE THE FACTS and your keeping on with this just PROVES that you are INSANE.
LET IT GO, Dipsy Doodle!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#25507 Sep 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So, before ACA, Congress and their staff were participating in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and receiving a tax payer subsidy over and above the poor under Obamacare.
And after ACA Congress and their staff will be participating in the Exchange and receiving a tax payer subsidy over and above the poor under Obamacare.
Which for some means that even though Congress and their staff will be participating in the Exchange, they are really exempt from the Exchange.
Stayed tuned, tomorrow there will be new fuel for the Right Wing Whacko Outrage de Jour which is sure to be another nitpickers delight. Course it all depends on who's picking the nit, then we'll know if it's a good thing to pick nits or not.
You are as thick headed as anyone who has EVER posted on Topix. YOU LOSE THIS ONE. ACCEPT IT.
just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#25508 Sep 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they were exempted from the EXCHANGES? I purposely stated that they WOULD be included in the exchanges. YOU are EXACLY what I've said you are. YOU are going to be RIGHT no matter what. YOU would argue with a fencepost. It's simply crazy. Congress and their staff are going to get help with the costs of their healthcare AND they don't have to have the SAME qualifications as everyone else. THOSE ARE THE FACTS and your keeping on with this just PROVES that you are INSANE.
LET IT GO, Dipsy Doodle!!!!!!!
I'll bet those employees that get "assistance" similar to federal employee student loan "assistance" pay no taxes on this income.
Oh my, io, et al are masters at newspeak. Must be what they were taught when studying for those advanced degrees in revisionist history with a concentration in aromatherapy.
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25509 Sep 25, 2013

“” So, before ACA, Congress and their staff were participating in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and receiving a tax payer subsidy over and above the poor under Obamacare.””

Yes dummy; in most circumstances.

“”And after ACA Congress and their staff will be participating in the Exchange and receiving a tax payer subsidy over and above the poor under Obamacare.””

Yes dummy; in most circumstances.

“”Which for some means that even though Congress and their staff will be participating in the Exchange, they are really exempt from the Exchange.””

No dummy. Not for some, not for you, and not for congress and the staffers.

Only the enlightened ones understand the nuances of “everyone under obamacare will receive a tax credit subsidy, except for congress and staffers.”

The rest of this post is NOT for you because you are not one of the ENLIGHTENED ones, you are just a plain dummy.

Congress and staffers under obamacare will receive a subsidy of appox 75% of healthcare costs under all salary ranges, on a monthly basis, during the year under obamacare, whereas the poor and low wage earners, and all others, only receive a tax credit subsidy one year later when filing taxes based on their salary ranges. High salary, no tax credit subsidy; except for congress and staff which get a 75% subsidy for all salary ranges because they have been declared special.

Companies are dumping employees onto obamacare, those employees get NO company subsidy. Companies are cutting back work hours to less than 30 hours a week to dump employees onto obamacare, those employees get no company subsidy. Congress and staff dumped onto obamacare and they get a subsidy, even if they only work 25 hours a week.

just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#25510 Sep 25, 2013
Too funny not to share:
"By the way, here's @MSNBC's schedule:

7pm Sneering
8pm Looking down the nose at people
9pm Condescension
10pm Challenging people to fights"

Pretty much sums it up.
just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#25511 Sep 25, 2013
LMBFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
What a DUMB*SS!!
Truth hurt?

Location hidden

#25512 Sep 25, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet those employees that get "assistance" similar to federal employee student loan "assistance" pay no taxes on this income.
Oh my, io, et al are masters at newspeak. Must be what they were taught when studying for those advanced degrees in revisionist history with a concentration in aromatherapy.
I really didn't think she is as insane as IO, but I've changed my mind. They are BOTH certifiable.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#25513 Sep 25, 2013
Here is another article on global warming. This should stir the blood of the true Gore believers. Maybe it will stir enough of their blood to get some of it to their brains. I doubt it, but there is always hope.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdeling...
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25515 Sep 25, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Here is another article on global warming. This should stir the blood of the true Gore believers. Maybe it will stir enough of their blood to get some of it to their brains. I doubt it, but there is always hope.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdeling...

And from you link this::::

I especially like this sentence.
"Al Gore’s “consensus” is about to be holed below the water-line"

So Al is gonna be holed and gored. ROFL.

Oh my is as quiet as a church mouse lately about climate change, guess he's tired of getting kicked around the globe in the ever disastrous changing climate.

And Connie steams on, only because it's probably the best paying job she's ever had.

"Al Gore’s “consensus” is about to be holed below the water-line – and those still aboard the SS Global Warming are adjusting their positions. Some, such as scientist Judith Curry of Georgia Tech, have abandoned ship. She describes the IPCC’s stance as “incomprehensible”. Others, such as the EU’s Climate Commissioner, Connie Hedegaard, steam on oblivious. Interviewed last week by the Telegraph’s Bruno Waterfield, she said:“Let’s say that science, some decades from now, said:'We were wrong, it was not about climate’, would it not in any case have been good to do many of the things you have to do in order to combat climate change?” If she means needlessly driving up energy prices, carpeting the countryside with wind turbines and terrifying children about a problem that turns out to have been imaginary, then most of us would probably answer “No”."

LMBFAO

Blairsville, GA

#25516 Sep 25, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth hurt?
I wouldn't know. You and Bill are the DUMB*SSES.
Bear

Dallas, GA

#25517 Sep 25, 2013
LMBFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know. You and Bill are the DUMB*SSES.
Grow up!
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#25518 Sep 25, 2013
Check out what the wicked witch of the west is up to.
http://www.hngn.com/articles/13165/20130924/i...
With all the confusion in the Senate caused by the RINOs... This devil woman is going to try and slip amnesty past the American people, through the House. Don't let her.
Go to:https://www.numbersusa.com/ content/
They will send faxes here at no cost to you on your behalf, to your Rep. Telling them that you oppose amnesty and you support more jobs for American CITIZENS. The Democrats are sneaky, don't let them sneak amnesty by you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#25519 Sep 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>You are as thick headed as anyone who has EVER posted on Topix. YOU LOSE THIS ONE. ACCEPT IT.
On Right Wing Wacko Planet I am sure your arguments are well-received;

Here on Earth... Not so much

Location hidden

#25520 Sep 25, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Check out what the wicked witch of the west is up to.
http://www.hngn.com/articles/13165/20130924/i...
With all the confusion in the Senate caused by the RINOs... This devil woman is going to try and slip amnesty past the American people, through the House. Don't let her.
Go to:https://www.numbersusa.com/ content/
They will send faxes here at no cost to you on your behalf, to your Rep. Telling them that you oppose amnesty and you support more jobs for American CITIZENS. The Democrats are sneaky, don't let them sneak amnesty by you.
I can't believe the libroids let her out of her cage. They'll never learn.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#25521 Sep 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe the libroids let her out of her cage. They'll never learn.
I check the news everyday hoping to read her and Schumer's obituary.:) It seems like them old basterds are goin to live forever. Huh? ;( I think he's the devil and she's his bride.*grinnin*

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#25522 Sep 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So, before ACA, Congress and their staff were participating in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program and receiving a tax payer subsidy over and above the poor under Obamacare.
And after ACA Congress and their staff will be participating in the Exchange and receiving a tax payer subsidy over and above the poor under Obamacare.
Which for some means that even though Congress and their staff will be participating in the Exchange, they are really exempt from the Exchange.
Stayed tuned, tomorrow there will be new fuel for the Right Wing Whacko Outrage de Jour which is sure to be another nitpickers delight. Course it all depends on who's picking the nit, then we'll know if it's a good thing to pick nits or not.
I just couldn't resist reposting this for its comedic value - please just keep making the same arguments. It's a great illustration of how the liberal mind works (or more precisely, doesn't.)

Oh, and by the way:

"ACA has guidelines for all Americans on the exchanges that determine IF and HOW MUCH of a subsidy one can receive. Congress and their staffers have been EXEMPTED from those guidelines and will receive their subsidies regardless of their income....."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
True Fact

Douglas, GA

#25523 Sep 25, 2013
The fact that this is even a question shows how stupid and cruel the GOP has become.

The Feds pay for almost all of the expanded coverage. The expanded coverage increases eligibility for Medicaid to the working poor (who by definition already have jobs, as the non-working poor are already generally covered by Medicaid).

States that don't expand Medicaid are saying they don't want the working poor to have federally funded health insurance. They want those people to go uninsured, transfering costs instead to the rest of the insured pool and state and local payers in the form of uncompensated care.

Basically, the GOP is telling us they'd rather shoot their own states' in the foot than let the Feds pay for the working poor to get a bare bones health insurance plan. That's the principle they are fighting for. How anyone finds this behavior defensible in any way is beyond me.
Youarefullofit

Suwanee, GA

#25524 Sep 25, 2013
True Fact wrote:
The fact that this is even a question shows how stupid and cruel the GOP has become.
The Feds pay for almost all of the expanded coverage. The expanded coverage increases eligibility for Medicaid to the working poor (who by definition already have jobs, as the non-working poor are already generally covered by Medicaid).
States that don't expand Medicaid are saying they don't want the working poor to have federally funded health insurance. They want those people to go uninsured, transfering costs instead to the rest of the insured pool and state and local payers in the form of uncompensated care.
Basically, the GOP is telling us they'd rather shoot their own states' in the foot than let the Feds pay for the working poor to get a bare bones health insurance plan. That's the principle they are fighting for. How anyone finds this behavior defensible in any way is beyond me.
What a liar. Where do you get your information? National Enquirer. MSNBC. Post your source.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The heartwarming reason a 91-year-old veteran i... Aug 18 Debra Davis 1
Shooting in Woodbine and no arrests?????? Aug 14 Bubba D 2
information Aug 8 sweetbaby 5
ready for whatever! Aug 3 Candy_Lady4845 2
head (Mar '14) Jul '15 wicked 10
male sex (Mar '12) Jul '15 wicked 3
darien (Nov '14) Jul '15 wicked 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages