Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

#2578 Jan 24, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>was just thinking,maybe it was'nt such a good idea to have brought up that war.
I understand.

Every male in my family but one enlisted in the Marines when we were 17. We had a family member who served in Vietnam and was in Cambodia while we were claiming we weren't even there, and another who was Force Recon who spent weeks at a time in the North searching for POW camps.

Both left home for MCRD San Diego fine. One and came back with lots of emotional and substance abuse problems, the other came back so physically messed up he was never healthy again.

V.A. did nothing to help either but put then on drugs. One was gone before he reached 60, the other is still messed up.

I choose not to be bitter, just cynical, and to enjoy the vast majority of Americans who are good people and who do actually care.

Gotta see the bright side of life.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2579 Jan 24, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
Every male in my family but one enlisted in the Marines when we were 17. We had a family member who served in Vietnam and was in Cambodia while we were claiming we weren't even there, and another who was Force Recon who spent weeks at a time in the North searching for POW camps.
Both left home for MCRD San Diego fine. One and came back with lots of emotional and substance abuse problems, the other came back so physically messed up he was never healthy again.
V.A. did nothing to help either but put then on drugs. One was gone before he reached 60, the other is still messed up.
I choose not to be bitter, just cynical, and to enjoy the vast majority of Americans who are good people and who do actually care.
Gotta see the bright side of life.
i agree and accept full responsibility,my loss nowhere compares to yours and many others.this is so much different than the world wars or others.you and the others who chose are were drafted were not greeted back home as heros as those who fought in previous wars,and were not even appreciated as patriotic americans- even though your effort may have been even greater.i do hope i live to see the day when this is finally recognized.as you were,trooper.
Curious

Blairsville, GA

#2580 Jan 25, 2013
Donald E Putnam Jr wrote:
My full name look it up on Facebook, most of my military records are there for all to view.
I looked. Not so, Rambo.
Searching

Blairsville, GA

#2581 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
While his GBI partner displayed his lack of prep and knowledge by being surprised I knew how make a field-expedient explosive device.
Bragging about that to GBI agents (and probably making an implied threat to use it) wasn't exactly a bright idea.
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

#2582 Jan 25, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and accept full responsibility,my loss nowhere compares to yours and many others.this is so much different than the world wars or others.you and the others who chose are were drafted were not greeted back home as heros as those who fought in previous wars,and were not even appreciated as patriotic americans- even though your effort may have been even greater.i do hope i live to see the day when this is finally recognized.as you were,trooper.
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Gotta say, my time in service was actually a great time and I have no complaints.

I agree though it is devastating to see our Soldiers and Marines come home injured, bankrupt, unemployed, and divorced - and insufficient funds and assurance available to help them.

We paid $1,000,000.00 to families of people whose family member was killed while sitting at their desk in the World Trade Center, making $800,000 per year, obviously without any intent to place themselves in danger.

How much do we pay the families of our troops who volunteer to place themselves in danger, for low wages, and in unpleasant conditions, because we want to send them to wars 1/2 across the world ?

Hey, someday we'll get past the yellow ribbons and spend the money needed for these folks - even if we have to raise taxes.
uninformed opinion

Gadsden, AL

#2583 Jan 25, 2013
ya those 3,000 killed all made $800,000.00 per year. Even the secretary and guards.
its us

Winter Haven, FL

#2584 Jan 25, 2013
uninformed opinion wrote:
ya those 3,000 killed all made $800,000.00 per year. Even the secretary and guards.
The President, military and Congress were only trying to buy forgiveness for allowing the attack that killed all those folks in the first place. Looking at how Washington continues to operate it worked!! It always does, so who really is the bad guy, its us.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2585 Jan 25, 2013
uninformed opinion wrote:
Let it go.

Some people have an issue with people that make a lot of $$...
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

#2586 Jan 25, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Let it go.

Some people have an issue with people that make a lot of $$...
Some people like to pretend they support our troops, but only if it doesn't cost them a dime.

It's a great day to shine up that pretty magnetic yellow ribbon on your car,
so that when you vote next time to avoid taxes to support our wounded troops,
you can display that ribbon proudly.

Location hidden

#2587 Jan 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people like to pretend they support our troops, but only if it doesn't cost them a dime.
It's a great day to shine up that pretty magnetic yellow ribbon on your car,
so that when you vote next time to avoid taxes to support our wounded troops,
you can display that ribbon proudly.
Not surprised...Another straw man argument.

Location hidden

#2588 Jan 25, 2013
BTW, I wasn't aware our tax dollars went for any specific items.

Maybe in your "informed" mind, but income taxes are not a SPLOST for specific items.

It would be great to pick what government programs you support, kind of like which charities and non-profits we choose to support.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#2591 Jan 25, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
BTW, I wasn't aware our tax dollars went for any specific items.
Maybe in your "informed" mind, but income taxes are not a SPLOST for specific items.
It would be great to pick what government programs you support, kind of like which charities and non-profits we choose to support.
It would be very interesting to see just would, and wouldn't pass muster if the people set the budget.

Location hidden

#2592 Jan 25, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be very interesting to see just would, and wouldn't pass muster if the people set the budget.
Yep. Some things that some people are for (e.g., defense, planned parenthood), some people would be against. I don't think it's always along party lines (or leanings), though.
I think if people knew what was in federal government (lack of?) budget (all the waste, useless programs, etc.), it would wake some of them up...
Searching

Blairsville, GA

#2593 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...
I don't make threats. The GBI agent asked a question that lead to him asking me how to make one. Things I was taught were not to be discussed with civilians. The boom part isn't hard it's making it go boom that is, was my answer.
They played you! Asking how something is done or could be done is a common tactic used by lawyers, reporters and law enforcement - to find out if you really do know what you're talking about and also to give you a case of diarrhea of the mouth while trying to impress them. Also, my "educated" guess is that you were also recorded and didn't know it. Later, the recording would have been run through a VSA. There are a couple of other "tricks of the trade" they probably used on you as well. They're trained to do that, and most of them are pretty good. And, you mentioned there were two agents. Care to guess why that was?

Finally, your military "record" is NOT on your Facebook page, just a reference to a 81-82 stint with Special Forces.
Mercy

Cartersville, GA

#2594 Jan 25, 2013
Well now that Suxby Chambliss is not going to run for reelection this will be a real dog and pony show.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#2595 Jan 25, 2013
Hmm, wonder why he decided to retire....

Can't you see, we the people, need economic recovery
In America, land of liberty, we get privacy.

Here are some songs from our day,

Sing along folks, ready, 1,23

It is time, can't get the lines to rhyme

1. They paved paradise, called it a parking lot
2. I can't get no satisfaction and I try and I try and I try
3. When the walls come tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

That is the order, now you know
That is why we don't grow.

At the end of the day, no matter what they say, the truth be told
I may move, but aint going away.
Voters

Dawsonville, GA

#2596 Jan 25, 2013
formerresident wrote:

He could not educate the voters; no one can.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#2597 Jan 25, 2013
So sad, so sad, and to think one day we shall be no mo

"nobody can", and I tried, and tried, and tried....

when the walls come tumbling down....

repeat....

13 dead end drive. just a game...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2598 Jan 25, 2013
Searching wrote:
<quoted text>

Finally, your military "record" is NOT on your Facebook page, just a reference to a 81-82 stint with Special Forces.
At this point in time, does it really matter?

Mrs. Clinton
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2599 Jan 25, 2013
formerresident wrote:
second was the by the rolling stones,third was by john(cougar)mellencamp.i can't think of who sang and recorded the first right now.nor do i get the point,but i am trying on both:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jekyll Island Music Thread Nov 12 Musikologist 1
darien Nov 9 please 1
Motion picture studio comes to Brunswick Nov 6 movieguy 1
Bubba Garcias above the law? (Apr '11) Nov 5 Danny Noonan 4
Say goodbye to Senior Week (Feb '08) Nov 2 Josh Roberson 6
Red Carpet Lounge Nov 2 Josh Roberson 3
might be moving to Brunswick Nov 2 Josh Roberson 4

Rip Current Statement for Glynn County was issued at November 23 at 3:13AM EST

Brunswick Dating
Find my Match