Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25005 Sep 20, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Dear Clueless Wonder,
You didn't answer my question. Has she been asked specifically WHERE in the law it's stated that in having medical coverage, people will be required to submit personal information( of sexual content) during medical appointments that normally wouldn't require that information? Again, YOU are going on an assumption. It seems that by now, she would have been asked to PROVE her allegations. Her allegations are so damning, SURELY some libroid has asked for proof. Have you read anything that refutes her claims? If so, would you please post a link that possibly contains a question and answer session with that woman? Otherwise, you are spitting in the wind.
Here's a clue,
the woman is a known liar....

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/17/docto...
Fox News and serial health care misinformer Betsy McCaughey are baselessly stoking fears that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will force doctors to ask "intrusive" sexual history questions that are already standard medical practice.

In a New York Post op-ed, McCaughey claimed that the health care law will "turn doctors into government agents" by requiring them to ask supposedly "intrusive" questions about their patients' sexual history. McCaughey's op-ed, which cited no evidence to support her claims, was parroted by Fox & Friends First co-host Ainsley Earhardt who said, "Thanks to Obamacare, doctors will be forced to ask patients about their sex life, even if it has nothing to do with the medical treatment that they are seeking at the time":

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/09/17/26...
In a New York Post op-ed, the inventor of the death panels lie, Betsy McCaughey, now claims that the Affordable Care Act is turning “doctors into government agents” by having them ask patients about their sex history.“Obamacare will question your sex life,” the headline says, and the issue has gained traction among conservatives. For example, Media Matters notes how Fox and Friends has amplified McCaughey’s argument, claiming that “doctors will be forced to ask patients about their sex life, even if it has nothing to do with the medical treatment that they are seeking at the time.”

But the questions McCaughey finds so outrageous are already routine physician practice. In fact, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations for doctors refer to questions about sexual history as “an important part of a regular medical exam or physical history.” Aaron Carroll at The Incidental Economist further debunks McCaughey. She cites a cardiologist upset over “insensitive” sex questions, and yet Carroll points out there is good reason why doctors in any variety of fields, including cardiology, should be aware of patients’ sex lives.
Instead, what Obamacare accomplishes on sexual health is requiring insurers to reimburse preventative care at no additional cost to patients, That includes STI counseling, birth control, and Pap smears.

McCaughey’s advice is that patients “defend their own privacy by refusing to answer the intrusive social-history questions.” This is, easily, bad advice. While Obamacare doesn’t grant the government access to patients’ sexual history, withholding important information from a doctor directly impacts a person’s health care. Patients are able to refuse to answer, of course, but an adult and frank conversation with doctors helps lead to better customized diagnosis and treatment.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25006 Sep 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
You keep claiming the only reasons the Right cares about the integrity of the voting process is to disenfranchise minority voters, a simple review of your posts on this subject proves the truth of that statement. So no straw man on my part.
But it's not just a claim of mine is it, since we know why these laws were passed by the FL GOP as revealed by the Palm Beach Post; so it's not really a matter of how "I think or what I claim" will be the impact of these laws on segments of the population since the desired impact has already been revealed by the GOP and its supporters.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/north-carolina-emb...
...The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that “early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.”

The Obama technocrats have developed an efficient system of identifying prospective Obama voters and then nagging them (some might say harassing them) until they actually vote. It may take several days to accomplish this, so early voting is an essential component of the Democrats’ get-out-the-vote campaign.
Informed Opinion

United States

#25007 Sep 20, 2013
Waaaahhhh !

Waaaahhhh !

First they want us to pay for our own medical care - just like we were grown-ups;

Now they want us to survive on a mere $172,000.00 a year, plus benefits, plus pensions, plus reimbursements.

Waaaahhhh !

We're Right Wingers - we never pay out way - let the little people pay for us - that's all those 47% scum are good for.

Waaaahhhhh !

NYTimes: No Comment Necessary: Congressman Complains About Salary

Rep. Phil Gingrey of Georgia complained at a conference meeting that he was “stuck” making $172,000 a year.
Informed Opinion

United States

#25008 Sep 20, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a clue,
the woman is a known liar....

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/17/docto...
Fox News and serial health care misinformer Betsy McCaughey are baselessly stoking fears that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will force doctors to ask "intrusive" sexual history questions that are already standard medical practice.

In a New York Post op-ed, McCaughey claimed that the health care law will "turn doctors into government agents" by requiring them to ask supposedly "intrusive" questions about their patients' sexual history. McCaughey's op-ed, which cited no evidence to support her claims, was parroted by Fox & Friends First co-host Ainsley Earhardt who said, "Thanks to Obamacare, doctors will be forced to ask patients about their sex life, even if it has nothing to do with the medical treatment that they are seeking at the time":

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/09/17/26...
In a New York Post op-ed, the inventor of the death panels lie, Betsy McCaughey, now claims that the Affordable Care Act is turning “doctors into government agents” by having them ask patients about their sex history.“Obamacare will question your sex life,” the headline says, and the issue has gained traction among conservatives. For example, Media Matters notes how Fox and Friends has amplified McCaughey’s argument, claiming that “doctors will be forced to ask patients about their sex life, even if it has nothing to do with the medical treatment that they are seeking at the time.”

But the questions McCaughey finds so outrageous are already routine physician practice. In fact, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations for doctors refer to questions about sexual history as “an important part of a regular medical exam or physical history.” Aaron Carroll at The Incidental Economist further debunks McCaughey. She cites a cardiologist upset over “insensitive” sex questions, and yet Carroll points out there is good reason why doctors in any variety of fields, including cardiology, should be aware of patients’ sex lives.
Instead, what Obamacare accomplishes on sexual health is requiring insurers to reimburse preventative care at no additional cost to patients, That includes STI counseling, birth control, and Pap smears.

McCaughey’s advice is that patients “defend their own privacy by refusing to answer the intrusive social-history questions.” This is, easily, bad advice. While Obamacare doesn’t grant the government access to patients’ sexual history, withholding important information from a doctor directly impacts a person’s health care. Patients are able to refuse to answer, of course, but an adult and frank conversation with doctors helps lead to better customized diagnosis and treatment.
Death Panels !

Dogs and Cats living together !

Armageddon !

Oh my God (no pun intended) ObamaCare means the end of freeloading deadbeats everywhere sucking on the government teat !

Paying for our own medical care - we are Right Wingers - we never pull out own weight and we ain't starting now !

Wars and Rumors of Wars !

Speaking of wars ...

Did anyone ever pick up the check for the Iraq War - hey-it'll cost $6 Trillion on it - but we had such fun and - as You know- we Right Wingers are like your Uncle Bon- we never pick up the check after dinner at Fatz.
Informed Opinion

United States

#25009 Sep 20, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>But it's not just a claim of mine is it, since we know why these laws were passed by the FL GOP as revealed by the Palm Beach Post; so it's not really a matter of how "I think or what I claim" will be the impact of these laws on segments of the population since the desired impact has already been revealed by the GOP and its supporters.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/north-carolina-emb...
...The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that “early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.”

The Obama technocrats have developed an efficient system of identifying prospective Obama voters and then nagging them (some might say harassing them) until they actually vote. It may take several days to accomplish this, so early voting is an essential component of the DemocratsÂ’ get-out-the-vote campaign.
We Right Wingers love democracy, in Angola or Panama, in America ... Not so much...

Too many of "Those People" could vote - and then where would we be.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25010 Sep 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
"Doing a job the right way will always be more expensive then doing it the fast and easy way." is simplistic at best and an insult to those business owners who simply want to operate their business honestly and well without a bunch of bureaucrats making it harder with their forms and regulations that have nothing to do with running their business. I notice you ignored the information from the Small Business Administration itself saying that the cost of compliance with the myriad of federal regulations is 36% higher for small businesses than large businesses. Those same small business which are considered the backbone of the American economy and that employ over half of the Americans currently working in this country.
Doing a job the right way will always be more expensive then doing it the fast and easy way.

Sure it's a simplistic statement, but it's also a true statement that was first taught to me by my grandfather, and relearned on many occasions throughout my life.

Sure there's going to be folks who find any rules and regulations a burden, just as there will be folks who understand the reasons for rules and regulations.

And as far as the SBA report, filling out tax forms and recording payroll information is part of those dreaded regulations, as is obtaining and maintaining professional standards and licenses, so what.
Informed Opinion

United States

#25011 Sep 20, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Doing a job the right way will always be more expensive then doing it the fast and easy way.

Sure it's a simplistic statement, but it's also a true statement that was first taught to me by my grandfather, and relearned on many occasions throughout my life.

Sure there's going to be folks who find any rules and regulations a burden, just as there will be folks who understand the reasons for rules and regulations.

And as far as the SBA report, filling out tax forms and recording payroll information is part of those dreaded regulations, as is obtaining and maintaining professional standards and licenses, so what.
You don't get it.

If the government asks me to fill out a form to get my welfare in the form of an SBA loan - that's oppression.

If the government asks a single mother to take drug tests to get her welfare in the form of medical care for the children - the skank shouldn't complain.

Here, let's simplify it even more - welfare for me by allowing me to deficit the interest costs on at least two residences, allowing me to deficit local real estate taxes from my federally taxed income, allowing me to deduct my 401K payments from my federal income; and allowing me to deduct my "charitable" contributions to me friendly organizations; and those government subsidized SBA loans I enjoy; that ain't welfare.

And so don't ask me to fill out any damn forms because I ain't getting welfare.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25012 Sep 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
You don't get it.
If the government asks me to fill out a form to get my welfare in the form of an SBA loan - that's oppression.
If the government asks a single mother to take drug tests to get her welfare in the form of medical care for the children - the skank shouldn't complain.
Here, let's simplify it even more - welfare for me by allowing me to deficit the interest costs on at least two residences, allowing me to deficit local real estate taxes from my federally taxed income, allowing me to deduct my 401K payments from my federal income; and allowing me to deduct my "charitable" contributions to me friendly organizations; and those government subsidized SBA loans I enjoy; that ain't welfare.
And so don't ask me to fill out any damn forms because I ain't getting welfare.
As a movie theatre owner I got a good deal on exit doors that only open inward, I'm not a bad person but I can't be bothered with burdensome rules and regulations when filling my theatre is my real business.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#25013 Sep 20, 2013
Here's a link, that parents should show their young adult children.(IMO)
http://www.redstate.com/2013/09/19/the-left-f...

Judged:

28

20

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Informed Opinion

United States

#25014 Sep 20, 2013
The Crazy Party

A must read for anyone interested in current events.

http://nyti.ms/16K6eb8

NYTimes: The Crazy Party

At the moment, it seems highly likely that the Republican Party will force a shutdown of the U.S. government next month. How did we get here?

Who poses the greatest danger to our Constitution, some knuckleheads in the MidEast who want our troops and bombs the hell out of their country;
or
The Right Wingers Wackos controlling the Republican Party.

I say: Answer that Right Wing Wacko prayer.

Shut down the government.

It's sad, but after the bodies of a thousands of old, sick, or poor people are lying in ditches...(which ironically are mostly Right Wingers), even Americans will have learned their lesson.

Only the government can control the rich and powerful, provide the services that keep society intact, and prevent America from becoming Haiti or Somalia (the lands of unregulated capitalism).

How sad .. But shut it down.
Informed Opinion

United States

#25015 Sep 20, 2013
OMTE wrote:
youth/
Oh those Right Wing Lies.

How hard the serfs work to avoid personal responsibility, to continue making responsible Americans pay for the Right Wing deadbeats' medical care.

How ironic that the party that call itself "conservative" is so dedicated to communistic principles.

Here is some truth :

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19983680
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#25016 Sep 20, 2013
If you want to do your part, to add Jobs to the economy, and help reduce our dependency on foriegn oil(which means less involvement with wars in the middle-east). Then sign this petition today. God Bless America.
http://www.energyxxi.org/keystone-petition...

Judged:

30

19

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Informed Opinion

United States

#25017 Sep 20, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>As a movie theatre owner I got a good deal on exit doors that only open inward, I'm not a bad person but I can't be bothered with burdensome rules and regulations when filling my theatre is my real business.
Maybe you should start a textile factory in Singapore, a chemical factory in Texas, operate a tanker in Alaska, or operate a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico, those pesky regulations won't bother you there.

And after you kill and maim dozens or hundreds of employees, kill and maim a few "First Responders", destroy the ecosystem for decades to come;

you make a claim on your insurance;

you hire a P.R. Firm to make fuzzy heartwarming advertisements about how much you care; and

donate more millions to Right Wing politicians to make sure nobody forces you to actually care.

Oh... make sure anyone who calls you out as a welfare subsidized hypocrite is attacked as a Leeeeeeeeberal !

Don't worry. Serfs love their masters and will come to defend your profits for you.
Clay Moore

Cornelia, GA

#25018 Sep 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should start a textile factory in Singapore, a chemical factory in Texas, operate a tanker in Alaska, or operate a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico, those pesky regulations won't bother you there.
And after you kill and maim dozens or hundreds of employees, kill and maim a few "First Responders", destroy the ecosystem for decades to come;
you make a claim on your insurance;
you hire a P.R. Firm to make fuzzy heartwarming advertisements about how much you care; and
donate more millions to Right Wing politicians to make sure nobody forces you to actually care.
Oh... make sure anyone who calls you out as a welfare subsidized hypocrite is attacked as a Leeeeeeeeberal !
Don't worry. Serfs love their masters and will come to defend your profits for you.
Man, you are one very sick dude!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25019 Sep 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
First the guy brings home the troops from that lunatic Right Wing Wacko Iraq War;
Then the guy solves the problem of the Syrians using chemical weapons without starting a war with Syria, or arming the crazy Syrian Rebels;
Now those damn Iranians want to solve the problem of their nuclear ambitions and improve relations with the West;
Damn that Obama - he won't let us Right Wingers bomb and invade sovereign countries just for the pure fun of it - He has got to go !
Why didn't he save Chicago?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25020 Sep 20, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a clue,
the woman is a known liar....
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09/17/docto...
Fox News and serial health care misinformer Betsy McCaughey are baselessly stoking fears that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will force doctors to ask "intrusive" sexual history questions that are already standard medical practice.
In a New York Post op-ed, McCaughey claimed that the health care law will "turn doctors into government agents" by requiring them to ask supposedly "intrusive" questions about their patients' sexual history. McCaughey's op-ed, which cited no evidence to support her claims, was parroted by Fox & Friends First co-host Ainsley Earhardt who said, "Thanks to Obamacare, doctors will be forced to ask patients about their sex life, even if it has nothing to do with the medical treatment that they are seeking at the time":
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/09/17/26...
In a New York Post op-ed, the inventor of the death panels lie, Betsy McCaughey, now claims that the Affordable Care Act is turning “doctors into government agents” by having them ask patients about their sex history.“Obamacare will question your sex life,” the headline says, and the issue has gained traction among conservatives. For example, Media Matters notes how Fox and Friends has amplified McCaughey’s argument, claiming that “doctors will be forced to ask patients about their sex life, even if it has nothing to do with the medical treatment that they are seeking at the time.”
But the questions McCaughey finds so outrageous are already routine physician practice. In fact, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations for doctors refer to questions about sexual history as “an important part of a regular medical exam or physical history.” Aaron Carroll at The Incidental Economist further debunks McCaughey. She cites a cardiologist upset over “insensitive” sex questions, and yet Carroll points out there is good reason why doctors in any variety of fields, including cardiology, should be aware of patients’ sex lives.
Instead, what Obamacare accomplishes on sexual health is requiring insurers to reimburse preventative care at no additional cost to patients, That includes STI counseling, birth control, and Pap smears.
McCaughey’s advice is that patients “defend their own privacy by refusing to answer the intrusive social-history questions.” This is, easily, bad advice. While Obamacare doesn’t grant the government access to patients’ sexual history, withholding important information from a doctor directly impacts a person’s health care. Patients are able to refuse to answer, of course, but an adult and frank conversation with doctors helps lead to better customized diagnosis and treatment.
Interesting article. It still didn't answer my specific question, but I guess there is no such interview. What if a dentist were to start asking such questions? Or...maybe a podiatrist? An opthalmologist? When you think about it, that article is one person's interpretation of the law in comparison to another's. You refer to her as a "known" liar. Does that make her a liar about everything? If that's the case, you might want to contemplate whom you voted for....twice.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25021 Sep 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Death Panels !
Dogs and Cats living together !
Armageddon !
Oh my God (no pun intended) ObamaCare means the end of freeloading deadbeats everywhere sucking on the government teat !
Paying for our own medical care - we are Right Wingers - we never pull out own weight and we ain't starting now !
Wars and Rumors of Wars !
Speaking of wars ...
Did anyone ever pick up the check for the Iraq War - hey-it'll cost $6 Trillion on it - but we had such fun and - as You know- we Right Wingers are like your Uncle Bon- we never pick up the check after dinner at Fatz.
YOU, of all people, might want to be concerned about the Death Panels.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25022 Sep 20, 2013
Clay Moore wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you are one very sick dude!
His wife hid his Viagra.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25023 Sep 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Maybe you should start a textile factory in Singapore, a chemical factory in Texas, operate a tanker in Alaska, or operate a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico, those pesky regulations won't bother you there.
There's lots more where this came from...

How Regulation came to be: The Iroquois Theater Fire
by dsteffen
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/02/22/7005...

...The brand-new Iroquois Theater on the north side of Randolph between State and Dearborn, fashioned after the Opera Cominque in Paris, advertised itself as the latest in state-of-the-art "fireproof" construction. Designed with the latest in fire-safety technology, it had 27 exits and bragged its 1,700-seat audience could empty the theater in less than five minutes. But as with so many things in those days (like, say, ocean liners), when the chips were down the Iroquois had trouble living up to its press.

I work in a construction-related industry, and if there's one given in the construction business, it's that schedules never go as planned. The Iroquois' owners anticipated opening the new theater in time to cash in on the holiday season in 1903, but the work, already scheduled at a break-neck pace, was behind and the theater still under construction as Thanksgiving approached. Impatient owners opened the unfinished theater anyway on November 23, 1903 and continued finishing work as the theater operated through the holiday season. On-going painting and varnishing gave off volatile fumes and many of the theater's advertised fire-protection features had yet to be installed.

...Some of the exits were hidden behind drapes and not marked. Others were locked to foil gate crashers. Some were latched with Bascule locks, common in European theaters but virtually unknown in America, which required the operation of a small, inconspicuous lever to open. And, as was the practice at the time, all of the exit doors opened inwards.

...Masses of bodies were piled at the exits. Hundreds of people had clawed and clambered over each other trying to reach the doors, jammed shut by the weight of the crowds of people pressed against them. People were trampled and crushed. In the tangles of bodies at the exits firemen found those on the outside burned, while those in the middle were untouched by the flames, suffocated by the crush or dead of smoke inhalation. Some theater-goers made their way to fire escape doors on the upper floors only to discover the exterior fire escape ladders had not yet been installed.

...In the aftermath of the fire, Chicago enacted new regulations to protect patrons from being trapped in public buildings during a fire. As has so often happened over the years, the regulations adopted by the City of Chicago became a model for the rest of the nation, and their impact, revolutionary at the time, is now taken for granted. Those ubiquitous "EXIT" signs that mark the path to safety and doors you push, not pull, are just two of the safety features that share a direct line of descent from the charred interior of the Iroquois Theater.

...And that, dear Kossacks, is where regulation comes from -- not from some bored bureaucrat sitting in an office in Washington trying to think up ways to make life miserable and expensive for some innocent and unsuspecting businessman, but from real human suffering and tragedy brought about, all too often, by people who shirk what should be obvious responsibilities, who neglect basic diligence, who sacrifice safety for profit. They bring suffering on those who trust them and their products, and society adopts measures to make sure it never happens again. We have to force them, through regulation, to behave as they should have been behaving all along. That's how Regulations come to be.
movie aficionado

Alpharetta, GA

#25024 Sep 20, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
As a movie theatre owner I got a good deal on exit doors that only open inward, I'm not a bad person but I can't be bothered with burdensome rules and regulations when filling my theatre is my real business.
You must own the porn theater in Atlanta. Clean up on aisle 7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Nov 25 Timbob1961 57
feds everywhere (Oct '14) Nov 22 StayThirsty 3
where in Darien can i use draw net to catch shr... (Jun '17) Sep '17 Dvht 3
Jekyll Public Oyster Beds Aug '17 Brief 1
Jennifer aka Snow (Jun '14) Aug '17 Ja nuttz 4
Job Corps info. (Aug '11) Aug '17 Jenforbus 6
Looking (May '17) Aug '17 Truth 10

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages