Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24946 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
straw man argument
A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it...
Your post sure looks like a strawman argument since I never said that the voting law changes were disenfranchising, what I said is that they were onerous for some. I then pointed out that the ability of a voter to change various details in their voter registration at the polling place had been available for a number of years for those who could provide a photo ID.
Also, we know why these laws were passed by the FL GOP as revealed by the Palm Beach Post, so it's not really a matter of how I "think" these laws will impact segments of the population since the desired impact has already been revealed.
Also, in my particular experience as a small business owner I did find government rules and regulations easy to comply with, while at the same time knowing that many in the same industry found these rules and regulations burdensome. No surprises there, just as it is not surprising that some may find rules and regulations to be impediments to how they would prefer to carry out their business.
Doing a job the right way will always be more expensive then doing it the fast and easy way.
Oh my, you and Aggie are two of my favorite people on Topix. You two try your best to keep Topix relevant during all of the kidding around and goofing by most of the rest of us. I just felt the need to tell you this. As much as I "mess" with you, and as much as I don't agree with most of your posts, you DO hang in. You and Aggie keep up the great banter.:)))
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24947 Sep 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I just googled this subject. Several links popped up. McCaughey WAS referenced in some, however, not in all. At any rate, you just saying it's not true doesn't make it so. Now where have I read THAT before??????
http://watchdog.org/106044/obamacare-sex-drug...
Then it should be an easy matter for you to show exactly where in the law this is specified.

But you can't,
and McCaughey didn't,
because she couldn't.
She's a known liar
and you support her.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24948 Sep 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on, Oh my. Don't be jealous. Those little judge thingys shouldn't affect your life so much. You libroids try your best to give each other good "marks", but there are too many people on here who have brains. You get outjudged.( BTW, who pays attention to those anyway? If you'll notice, when there are just three or four of us on here(you included), none of the posts get judged one way or the other. I HAVE noticed that. Who CARES?)
Obviously it matters to you.
OMTE

Byron, GA

#24949 Sep 19, 2013

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24950 Sep 19, 2013
just as I suspected wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an editorial opinion numbnuts, not a discussion of fact.
Which became obvious with this quote "Roger A. Pielke Jr., a professor of environmental studies at the University of Colorado, notes that globally, hurricane wind speed - an indicator for the amount of energy in the atmosphere - has remained steady for the past 15 years." Nobody in the scientific community believes that 15 years is long enough to be called a long term cycle, which is what climate change is all about. That is unless they are a lackey for the coal or oil industry the major contributors to the fact of global warming. Keep surfing the web you will find someone who will agree with you on anything the you can come up with. I just found a source claiming they you are an alien form the planet dumberindirt, just as I suspected!
Except that the most interesting part of that last 15 years is that CO2 levels haven't been this high in millions of years and yet the "warming" has plateaued. And also of note is that you are saying the 15 years isn't long enough to be called a long term cycle, but in the last two years or so, the man made global warming adherents have been going on and on about how the "previous decade was warmest on record" or "the previous decade has included the 6 warmest years on record" and other variations of that theme. And we now discover that those claims are bunk. You're absolutely right, you can pretty much find someone to agree you on anything - especially if you wave enough money in front of them. And the global warming adherents have had access to $50 billion in grant money while those who pointed to other facts and were skeptical had access to $19 million. Follow the money.
OMTE

Byron, GA

#24951 Sep 19, 2013
This is how you can stop Obamacare.
http://secure.giveworks.net/foramerica/obamac...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#24952 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Better pull your pants up,
your butt is showin'.
Ummmmm....what are YOU doing looking at MY BUTT???????

Location hidden

#24953 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm, who owns the WSJ...
Reports on leaked IPCC study like a bad game of Chinese whispers
Australian newspapers owned by Rupert Murdoch repeat dubious global warming claims from UK tabloid.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet...
What do you get when cross a game of Chinese whispers, an ideologically-driven section of the press, a failure to check facts and the absence of a time machine?
You get the latest shambles in climate change reporting that has unnecessarily left people confused and misled about the true state of climate change science and the risks of pumping fossil fuels into the atmosphere.
Let's dive in....
OMG! NOW the Wall Street Journal isn't good enough for you libroids??????? lolololololololol
Give it UP, sister!

Location hidden

#24954 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it should be an easy matter for you to show exactly where in the law this is specified.
But you can't,
and McCaughey didn't,
because she couldn't.
She's a known liar
and you support her.
Okay. Give me a minute while I go through THOUSANDS OF PAGES!!!!! How can YOU be so POSITIVE that it's NOT in the law??????? If I'm wrong, it's all good. If YOU'RE wrong........(AND you very well may be WRONG. Apparently, the government is watching every move we make. Why would this seem so foreign to you?)

Location hidden

#24955 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously it matters to you.
Actually, it doesn't. I was just trying to make you feel better because you keep getting slammed in major ways. Nav-er mind.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24956 Sep 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Give me a minute while I go through THOUSANDS OF PAGES!!!!! How can YOU be so POSITIVE that it's NOT in the law??????? If I'm wrong, it's all good. If YOU'RE wrong........(AND you very well may be WRONG. Apparently, the government is watching every move we make. Why would this seem so foreign to you?)
Now you're just being silly.

If McCaughey had been able to then she would have in her article, but she didn't because she couldn't. It was a hatch job and you bought it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24957 Sep 19, 2013
ignorant ass wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an ignorant ass.
And the irony continues...
Now

Baldwin, GA

#24958 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can't,
and McCaughey didn't,
because she couldn't.
She's a known liar
and you support her.

Obama is a liar and you support him.
Pelosi is a liar and you support her.
Reid is a liar and you support him.
IO is a liar and you support him.
Oh my is a liar and you defend yourself.

Where's the Beef?

Location hidden

#24959 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
If McCaughey had been able to then she would have in her article, but she didn't because she couldn't. It was a hatch job and you bought it.
Perhaps. I'm going to try(when I have some time) to find out.
BTW, Obama sold you TWO hatch jobs and you bought BOTH. Your purchase is WORSE. If it weren't for YOUR PURCHASE, I wouldn't have been offered my purchase. Get it?!
I would say that I'm not mad at 'cha, but I kinda am.

Location hidden

#24960 Sep 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going on an assumption. Has she been asked to provide that?(This is a serious question.)
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24961 Sep 19, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a liar and you support him.
Pelosi is a liar and you support her.
Reid is a liar and you support him.
IO is a liar and you support him.
Oh my is a liar and you defend yourself.
Where's the Beef?
How Now Brown Cow,
another known liar.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24962 Sep 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going on an assumption. Has she been asked to provide that?(This is a serious question.)
Dear Dipsy Doodle,

It's called backing up what you say.
She couldn't, so she didn't.
a compliment

Dawsonville, GA

#24964 Sep 19, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot, ya dumb muslim. Everybody knows acorn is communist. Just like everybody knows you are a dumb sandy a$$ muslim. Ya know?
I bet you don't even know what a communist is. Keep up the posting!!! You are making normal Republicans everywhere wonder how the party will survive with morons like you in the mix.

You are one ignorant S.O.B., for what you are that's a compliment!
Informed Opinion

United States

#24965 Sep 19, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot, ya dumb muslim. Everybody knows acorn is communist. Just like everybody knows you are a dumb sandy a$$ muslim. Ya know?
Now that's one persuasive argument.

Please keep posting.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#24966 Sep 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn. Even your seldom short answers are worn out and boring.
Better go so a doctor for that sleep apnea.

No worries we working folks will pay the medical bill - we are used to supporting Right Wing Freeloading Deadbeats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell 15 hr me2youlol 7
Review: Okefenokee EMS (Mar '14) Sat Paige 2
How do you change your IP address location (Mar '10) Fri dolorees 5
Power outage (Mar '07) Dec 21 Teacher 2
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web