Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24806 Sep 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
@oh my
Interesting that you find the government regulations that most businesses -big and small -describe as both frustrating and stifling as "easy to comply with", but you think that requiring voters to actually contact their voter registration offices by phone, on-line or in person prior to election day "disenfranchising."
You just love those starw me.

What I said was that those requirements could still be onerous for some so that making those changes at the polling place should continue to be an option.

Oh what was that phase, continue to be an option, that would imply that it had been an option prior to the change in the law, as in fact it was. That option had been available for a number of years so long as the voter could provide a photo id.

But heck, we know the real reason that the FL Legislature changed the law. the GOP just can't compete:

Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.

“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.

“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”
OMTE

Adel, GA

#24807 Sep 18, 2013
It ain't lookin good for ya'll chicos.:)
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/8447/20130...
Go home beaners and don't come back.
Now

Homer, GA

#24808 Sep 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info but I don't need it. I have decided to go with a brain transplant. I hope that you don't mind but I specifically asked for yours because it is the only one I know of that has never been used!
Sorry jebby, your body is not capable of supporting my brain, there must be a good blood supply; and since you only run stupid in your veins, you would just turn my brain to mush, as you have the present itty bitty one you've got.
Also the cranium must be very large, and since you are a pinhead, my brain wont fit in your cranium. folks would be saying "look, his brain is draining out his ears."
And you would look funny and be mocked by your friends with your baggy sagger pants and my brains draining out of your ears..
I think too highly of my brain. I'm thinking about leaving it to IO, he needs one badly also, and his cranium is huge compared to others, mainly from hot air expansion.
Now

Homer, GA

#24809 Sep 18, 2013
"Baseball Announcer Attributes Increase In Home Runs To Global Warming"

And all the bad hitters keep praying for more heat..........and it aint coming....

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/baseball-ann...

Now

Homer, GA

#24811 Sep 18, 2013
" Abrupt climate-change reversal"

First it was a criminal activity by humans, but now we can thank the U.N. for absolution by us humans.

It aint what it was a year ago.........

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/...

jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24812 Sep 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeb, there are posters on here whose opinions I respect, I would like to think that, on balance, they have the same regard for my opinions. But I have no idea who "bored monitor" is and frankly, you have kind of deserved it recently - IMO.
You have really confused me of late. We don't agree on much, but I think we have had some civil discussions on some things in the past, but - again, in my opinion - you have gotten really out of bounds in your personal attacks on some posters. Disagree all you like with someone's opinion, but leave it at that. You REALLY crossed the line when you started in on D'ville Bill's wife - no excuse for that. I am not denying that posters on my side of the aisle (and I include myself) have gone further than we should, but it just seems that you really "went to the Dark Side."
I suspect if you limit the content of your posts to issue information and even "mild" slams, you will lose your "stalker", but I have no inside information to back that up. And you may very well tell me to put my advice where the sun doesn't shine, but it is meant well. As infuriating as I find some posters to be, this forum is not intended to be an echo chamber for one side of the spectrum.
Thanks for the advice Ag, but my post to you really was more 'tongue in cheek'. As far as some of my remarks being "out of bounds", it is probably true but if you notice, it is only directed at those who do likewise. And my comment to Mr. Bill came only after he made a similar remark about a loved one of mine. Was it the right or Christian thing to do? Of course not, and I hope none of it ever happens again. You may not recall, but someone made similar remarks about you a few months ago(something about you having slept with every man in Barrow, or Bartow Co.) I was the FIRST person to come to your defense. I do admit that I have seen you caution others 'generally'- but your 'red line' seems to me to be a little left of center. As to exactly how "dark" something is depends largely on the view. The way I see it, if someone is in for a penny- then they should be in for a pound.
Now

Homer, GA

#24813 Sep 18, 2013
"Paul Krugman Blames Egypt Crisis On Global Warming"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24814 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You just love those starw me.
What I said was that those requirements could still be onerous for some so that making those changes at the polling place should continue to be an option.
Oh what was that phase, continue to be an option, that would imply that it had been an option prior to the change in the law, as in fact it was. That option had been available for a number of years so long as the voter could provide a photo id.
But heck, we know the real reason that the FL Legislature changed the law. the GOP just can't compete:
Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.
“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.
“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”
Great post, what's really funny to me is how these wackos claim that Mccain, Romney & Co. are just RINOS and that is only reason that they lost the last two presidential elections! Maybe they can dig up Ronnie Reagan and run him again. Hell, the old fart probably looks better today than he did back in the eighties!
small business

Chagrin Falls, OH

#24815 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply outrageous, and clearly a burden.
It is simply unfathomable that anyone in any profession should be required to be proficient and knowledgeable in their profession, and that they should be subjected to continuing education to maintain, and prove, their proficiency and knowledge.
It's tyranny I tell ya.
You obviously have no idea of which you offer your stupid sarcasm. If the occupants are old folks, no harm no foul. Get the picture smart alec? By the way know-it-all, how much domestic paint, stain, varnish, etc. was produced in the sixties and seventies? Lead stopped being used in paints long before this pseudo-benchmark date.
This is not reasonable precaution, but an invention created by government bureaucrats that actually have no knowledge either directly or indirectly of the science behind the regulations they decide are for the common good.
Those who can, do, those who can't, teach and those too stupid to teach get government jobs.
small business

Chagrin Falls, OH

#24816 Sep 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Great post, what's really funny to me is how these wackos claim that Mccain, Romney & Co. are just RINOS and that is only reason that they lost the last two presidential elections! Maybe they can dig up Ronnie Reagan and run him again. Hell, the old fart probably looks better today than he did back in the eighties!
Talking to yourself again?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24817 Sep 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>seriously Ag, I need some advice. You may have seen my post to "how" earlier, I have someone stalking and harassing me on this forum, it doesn't matter if I don't post anything for 2 wks.- just as soon as I do, "bored monitor" is waiting like old buzzard or something- zap! What am I to do? I don't really know if he/she is some kind of psycho or it just has some kind of harmless crush on me. I have tried insults, kindness, nothing seems to work! I was even willing to join up with you wackos to make it stop! You seem to carry a little weight around here- maybe you could put in a good word for me, huh. I shore would appreciate any help or advice- I know none of y'all want me to leave but if this doesn't stop I may have to. Then who would you wackos have to kick around?
Jeb, why do you let this stuff bother you? Take it from me, just laugh it off. All of this junk is hysterical to me. NOTHING in this forum helps me form opinions nor make decisions. That comes from my OWN research. Just jump in and have fun. If I took it seriously every time I was slammed, I would be in critical condition. Most everyone else would be, too. Come on. Hang around. Just have fun.
Informed Opinion

Chagrin Falls, OH

#24818 Sep 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly "1984" in America.
- People claiming to be "progressive" are fighting tooth and nail to allow freeloading deadbeats to continue to slurp up medical care at other people's expense.
- People claiming to be "progressives" gleefully spent $6Trillion Dollars, got 5,000 American troops and got tens of thousands more wounded; all because Obama wanted to get re-elected and to make his moslem brotherhood masters happy.
- People claiming to be "progressives" fight every attempt to raise tax on those able to pay to balance the budget and pay down our debt.
- People claiming to be "progressives" support spending Trillions and Trillions of Dollars on a War with Syria when not a single fact is known about who used chemical weapons there. But Obama did want to make sure that the weapons reportedly moved from Iraq into Syria would be destroyed before the truth came out.
- People claiming to be "progressives" support the government eavesdropping, wiretapping, kidnapping, torturing, and occasionally assassinating other Americans with drones.
- People claiming to be "progressives" support the government telling people that there is no God except the government and will not rest until all mention of God is removed from the public awareness. Progressives are big Eugenicists and hold human life in no regard.
Progressives are all for lots of sex, plentiful drugs, the destruction of the family, no personal responsibility and fundamentally transforming America to Mao's China.
True "Conservatives" are astonished at these fascists calling themselves progressive,when the only road they progress down is the road to perdition.
I've had an awakening.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#24819 Sep 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Great post, what's really funny to me is how these wackos claim that Mccain, Romney & Co. are just RINOS and that is only reason that they lost the last two presidential elections! Maybe they can dig up Ronnie Reagan and run him again. Hell, the old fart probably looks better today than he did back in the eighties!
They'd have to pretend to forget that Ronnie's Administration holds the record for the most indicted, convicted, and pardoned convicts ... er .... members of the administration in American History; that he exploded the deficit; that he tripled the national debt; and his administration violated the Constitution so much it became a source of jokes on late might TV.

No way any rational human being would call him a "Conservative"- but then again- who says Right Wingers are rational.

Location hidden

#24820 Sep 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your doctor called the other day.
She wanted to know if I'd be paying for your Xanax with my credit card, or should she send me a bill just like usual.
We Responsible Americans don't mind paying for your freeloading deadbeats, but could you maybe consider using generic anti-hallucinogens- carrying you Right Wingers on our backs is tough enough.
Thanks.
By the way - my check to pay for your kids medical care and free lunches is also on the way.
I see you've escaped from the state hospital AGAIN. We all know how you do things AGAIN.
Someone reported seeing you walking around wearing one of those short gowns plus a jacket with lots of straps. They said you had a baggie full of (magic?) mushrooms and that you were twirling around with your arms raised toward the heavens chanting something about Allah. Better run. The guys in the white coats are coming for you. You'll recognize them. They'll have "Crazy Traitor Catcher" stamped on the back of their jacket. They have the BIG net.(You have GOT to get off the mushrooms! Obviously they make you do, think and say crazy things.)

Location hidden

#24821 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply outrageous, and clearly a burden.
It is simply unfathomable that anyone in any profession should be required to be proficient and knowledgeable in their profession, and that they should be subjected to continuing education to maintain, and prove, their proficiency and knowledge.
It's tyranny I tell ya.
It's simply as outrageous as requiring someone to have an ID to vote. It's as outrageous as requiring someone to follow the rules in regard to the polling times. It's tyranny, I tell ya.
small business

Chagrin Falls, OH

#24822 Sep 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd have to pretend to forget that Ronnie's Administration holds the record for the most indicted, convicted, and pardoned convicts ... er .... members of the administration in American History; that he exploded the deficit; that he tripled the national debt; and his administration violated the Constitution so much it became a source of jokes on late might TV.
No way any rational human being would call him a "Conservative"- but then again- who says Right Wingers are rational.
Name 'em.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#24823 Sep 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Jeb, why do you let this stuff bother you? Take it from me, just laugh it off. All of this junk is hysterical to me. NOTHING in this forum helps me form opinions nor make decisions. That comes from my OWN research. Just jump in and have fun. If I took it seriously every time I was slammed, I would be in critical condition. Most everyone else would be, too. Come on. Hang around. Just have fun.
We agree that many posts aren't worth getting excited about.

I find those posts by radical reactionaries who consider themselves "Conservatives" to be the least worthwhile of serious consideration - but ironically, they are often the most entertaining.

But, contrary to your experience, I find the well-researched posts of rational authors very informative and educational, and frequently modify my viewpoints based on the information posted.

Please keep posting - although we seldom agree - your posts always entertaining - and after all the years I've owned property in Union County, I have never met anyone who wasn't friendly and kind- in person.

Location hidden

#24824 Sep 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord - can Right Wing Wackos really be this stupid ?
Let's hope they are just flat out crazy - you can fix crazy - you can't fix stupid.
They de-regulate the banking system and the country nearly goes bankrupt, the economy crashes, unemployment explodes, millions become homeless, and the Banksters make billions in profits.
So after we get the problem caused by de-regulation under some control, and much of the damage repaired .... Right Wing Wackos want to de-regulate the banking system ... again.
Are they really this stupid ?
That's not a rhetorical question.
How many times do they have to experience unregulated Banksters rape and pillage America before that grasp the simple concept that unregulated Banksters will rape and pillage America if permitted to do so ?
Who knows .. Maybe they are really that stupid - but even my Black Lab learned not to eat food from the kitchen counter after he was smacked on the nose a few times with a rolled up newspaper.
But then.. my Black Lab may be smarter than the Right Wing Wackos who love Banksters so much.
"Perhaps it should come as no surprise that Sen. Christopher Dodd and Rep. Barney Frank, the bill’s primary authors, would fail to end the numerous government distortions of our financial and mortgage markets that led to the crisis. Both have been either architects or supporters of those distortions. One might as well ask the fox to build the henhouse.”
Do people actually give these two clowns any credibility whatsoever?????? Last time I checked, they are Left Wing Lunatics. Makes sense that the clueless left wingers STILL grovel at those two lunatic's feet. It's amusing that the uninformed left wing lunatics blame only the Republicans for this country's ills. That's why left wing lunatics have absolutely NO cred.

BTW, your black lab is most likely smarter than YOU, but then a pine cone is probably smarter than YOU.

Location hidden

#24825 Sep 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Breitbart also reports:
Breitbart reluctantly laid off the the hookers Breitbart paid to lie about Democratic politicians - and it's ObamaCare's fault.
Breitbart reluctantly laid off the lying reporters it published after they were forced to pay damages to ACORN employees for lying - and it's ObamaCare's fault.
Ms. Mary Smith of Tuscaloosa, Alabama recently discovered the flour she intended to use to bake cookies for the elderly Mr. James Wilson,(whose arthritis has been acting up), was unusable because those damn little ants had found their way into what she thought had been a sealed container - and it's ObamaCare's fault.
Yeeeah....ACORN was ALL KINDS of reputable. Stands to reason that YOU would defend ACORN.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/10/acorn....
small business

Chagrin Falls, OH

#24826 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, it's an evolving process of refinement in response to real world feedback.
Keep posting, people see thru you.
Really? So retroactive changes for which no one can prepare is an example of this? Try as you do to justify the all knowing government, those of us who deal with the powers that be and actually produce something, will disagree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jul 9 Nteri 26
Mcintosh/Darien CROOKED RACIST COPS (May '13) Jul 8 LELEDAWN 58
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Jul 6 Udhruc 1,202
Divorce Attorney Jun 28 Jail The Ho 2
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Jun 27 Meth-intosh Busted 12
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jun 27 Mcintrash Finest 8
companies Jun '16 the local hog hun... 1

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages