Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Informed Opinion

United States

#24787 Sep 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Same old crap from the same old traitor. Yawn.
Your doctor called the other day.

She wanted to know if I'd be paying for your Xanax with my credit card, or should she send me a bill just like usual.

We Responsible Americans don't mind paying for your freeloading deadbeats, but could you maybe consider using generic anti-hallucinogens- carrying you Right Wingers on our backs is tough enough.

Thanks.

By the way - my check to pay for your kids medical care and free lunches is also on the way.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24788 Sep 18, 2013
small business wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...The lead thing comes with a bit more than you described. Not only does the contractor, who must personally be present on the job in it's entirety, have to spend time and money getting "certified", said contractor must then register with the government for a fee, and maintain said registration on the outside chance that the contractor might have to cut a hole in a floor or house built before 1978.

The contractor must also know the ages and child bearing potential of the occupants.
That is simply outrageous, and clearly a burden.

It is simply unfathomable that anyone in any profession should be required to be proficient and knowledgeable in their profession, and that they should be subjected to continuing education to maintain, and prove, their proficiency and knowledge.

It's tyranny I tell ya.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24789 Sep 18, 2013
Now wrote:
Here we go again..........

"Washington & Wall Street: Dodd-Frank Will Cause the Next Financial Meltdown"

"A number of financial observers and members of Congress have stated that a new financial crisis is “inevitable,”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Lord - can Right Wing Wackos really be this stupid ?

Let's hope they are just flat out crazy - you can fix crazy - you can't fix stupid.

They de-regulate the banking system and the country nearly goes bankrupt, the economy crashes, unemployment explodes, millions become homeless, and the Banksters make billions in profits.

So after we get the problem caused by de-regulation under some control, and much of the damage repaired .... Right Wing Wackos want to de-regulate the banking system ... again.

Are they really this stupid ?

That's not a rhetorical question.

How many times do they have to experience unregulated Banksters rape and pillage America before that grasp the simple concept that unregulated Banksters will rape and pillage America if permitted to do so ?

Who knows .. Maybe they are really that stupid - but even my Black Lab learned not to eat food from the kitchen counter after he was smacked on the nose a few times with a rolled up newspaper.

But then.. my Black Lab may be smarter than the Right Wing Wackos who love Banksters so much.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24790 Sep 18, 2013
small business wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer the question, what is a mom and pop? That answer changes depending on the mood of the government and the special treatment some will get. It used to mean less than 250 employees. Then it went to less than 50 employees, unless you are in the construction industry, where the obamacare bureaucrats tried to reduce that to 5 employees at the insistence of the unions. Now they want to redefine it again to gross payroll of $250,000.00. I areas where skilled blue collar or white collar folks are employed, it goes well over this in a small company.
So, the use of the terms "mom and pop" and "small business" are not clearly defined, can mean anything, and are used as a rhetorical device to conjure an emotionally charged image.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24791 Sep 18, 2013
Now wrote:
It's really bad when healthcare workers are laid off because of Obamacare.
They work for the hospitals and clinics.

"Over 100 Emory Healthcare Workers Laid Off Over Obamacare"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Breitbart also reports:

Breitbart reluctantly laid off the the hookers Breitbart paid to lie about Democratic politicians - and it's ObamaCare's fault.

Breitbart reluctantly laid off the lying reporters it published after they were forced to pay damages to ACORN employees for lying - and it's ObamaCare's fault.

Ms. Mary Smith of Tuscaloosa, Alabama recently discovered the flour she intended to use to bake cookies for the elderly Mr. James Wilson,(whose arthritis has been acting up), was unusable because those damn little ants had found their way into what she thought had been a sealed container - and it's ObamaCare's fault.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24792 Sep 18, 2013
blood wrote:
<quoted text>You may have a point. Most of the countries you mention either have been invaded by the U.S. or have the threat of being invaded. We force our will on legitimate countries when we think its a matter of national defense, ie oil for our cars. They make threats everyone knows they can't carry out, they don't have the capability to do any of the star wars type tactics you mention.

While we drop bombs on every living thing to secure the oil. Then we don't have the spine to take what we have fought for, giving them back the country and the oil, damn stupid policy. But one we repeat. Bough a new shirt or taken a trip to beautiful Vietnam lately? In Korea, both north and south have a huge joint manufacturing complex on the border, shipping goods to the U.S. While we are still having a pissing match with the North.

Your quote says "would you just allow someone to tell you that they were going to murder you and your family, or would you take action to stop that individual or individuals from committing that horrible act? I think you would take appropriate action to stop them. If you didn't you would be an irresponsible fool."
How many countries have said the same thing about the U.S.!?? Only difference is we have the ability to actually carry out the threats and we do. We are far from being some lily white savior of the oppressed, we intervene when its good business for US and don't give a damn who or how many die on either side in the process.

Obama did this Obama did that, he started none of the wars you mention.

Iran didn't gas thousands of its citizens like Syria has. The new man in charge in Iran is much more moderate than the last. The same can be said for the U. S. leadership after Bush. We are a bully state,that being said we also never win. We kill a lot of people then try to make peace. But to the people who have lived fighting for their homeland we are and always will be the enemy. Roll over have another beer and wake up.

A bigger issue is that Social Security has OVERPAID by 1.2 billion dollars. Had that gone to poor people the conservatives would be looking for blood!
Great post.

Always a pleasure to experience an intelligent and articulate post drafted by an obviously knowledgeable author.

Thanks.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24793 Sep 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand you defeat your own argument ?
You start out explaining how wrong those of us are who point out that generalized, vague, imprecise terms are an anathema to logical discourse;
then you devote 90% of your post to describing how difficult is is to assure all parties share a common definition.
Thanks for the humor.
I am a "Pop", if my business grosses over $3 Million a year in revenue is my business is a "Mom and Pop" business?
I'm surprised you able to achieve such success, the regulatory burden must be crushing. How can you continue?

If you become much more successful you will be taken over by a government agency.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24794 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>But young adults don't want health insurance, they'll stay away in droves, Obamacare will sink under it's own weight and bring the rest of the country down with it. It must be delayed, it must be defunded, it must be stopped. Our mission is holy, it's for the good of the country, anything and everything we do or say is justified.

An anecdote:

Was in line at a local deli last week and the counter person (young female in her 20s) was explaining to another customer that she needs health insurance. I could tell by the conversation that she didn't know anything about the ACA. My turn in line so I asked her if she could wait until 10/1 to purchase insurance. "Yes, why?"

Explained the health exchange to be set up, options available to her, subsidy available to her, no pre-existing condition worry, etc. She was incredulous! Later, I returned with a print out explaining more about the exchanges.
It is truly "1984" in America.

- People claiming to be "Conservative" are fighting tooth and nail to allow freeloading deadbeats to continue to slurp up medical care at other people's expense.

- People claiming to be "Conservative" gleefully spent $6Trillion Dollars, got 5,000 American troops and got tens of thousands more wounded; all because Bush and Cheney wanted to get re-elected and to make their Saudi masters happy.

- People claiming to be "Conservative" fight every attempt to raise tax on those able to pay to balance the budget and pay down our debt.

- People claiming to be "Conservative" support spending Trillions and Trillions of Dollars on a War Department when not a single country on the planet has the means or desire to attack our country.

- People claiming to be "Conservative" support the government eavesdropping, wiretapping, kidnapping, torturing, and occasionally assassinating other Americans.

- People claiming to be "Conservative" support the government telling people which adults other adults can sleep with, who they can marry, and whether or not they can grow a bush and smoke it.

True "Conservatives" are astonished at these fascists calling themselves conservative.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24795 Sep 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you have already registered to vote in Florida, but need to change your name, address or party affiliation, update your signature, or apply for a replacement card:
Fill in the Voter Registration Application online. If you wish, you can print the application and write your information in with a black ballpoint pen.
You may make the change in person, by phone or other electronic means or by other signed, written notice (e.g., Florida Voter Registration Application). "
====
So just how "disordered" a life must one lead to not be able to either go on-line, go to the public library and use their computer, use the phone, use a neighbor's phone or even go in person to make the changes?
Your response is so illustrative of the Left, no one is responsible for even the least little bit of effort. The government is expected to spoon feed everything - pathetic.
You just love those straw men,
never said anything about spoon feeding.

I can think of many instances where people would still be burdened to comply, besides where's the harm in making these changes at the polling place, and such chamge required a photo id before. If this contributes to long lines and delays, hire more poll workers, extend the time available to vote. If you want people to participant make it easier for everyone, but that's not really the goal is it...

– Forces Provisional Ballots: The bill eliminates a long-standing provision that allows people to change their address or name at the polls. For four decades, Florida allowed those with proper photo ID whose name or address had changed due to marriage, or divorce, or a move by a military family to update that information on Election Day. Under HB 1355, those changes would only be allowed for voters moving within the same county. Otherwise, a voter will not have to cast a provisional ballot and later provide identification to the supervisor of elections. As one Florida supervisor of elections told the Florida Independent, the provision is “disturbing” as provisional ballots are often reserved for close races and thus “go uncounted.”

– Invalidates Absentee Ballots: The bill severely undercuts the absentee ballot. Under this bill, absentee ballots are determined illegal if the voter’s signature on the certificate does not match the signature on record.” As the Herald-Tribune notes, this will affect “voters who suffer from arthritis, strokes and other ailments that affect their handwriting. Those who fail to update their signatures in time would be out of luck.” The bill states that, if elections results are contested, a court cannot “consider any evidence other than the signatures on the voter’s certificate and the signature of the elector in the registration records” in determining the ballots validity.

Palm Beach Post:
Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.

“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.

“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”
Informed Opinion

United States

#24796 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>So, the use of the terms "mom and pop" and "small business" are not clearly defined, can mean anything, and are used as a rhetorical device to conjure an emotionally charged image.

Thanks for clearing that up.
What's amatter with you - don't you love those fuzzy commercials about saving America's farmers, where Mom and Pop look out over the wind blown wheat or corn fields, wondering how they are going to make it financially after 40 years of hard, backbreaking work.

Brought to you by Archer Daniels Midland a $42,000,000,000.00 company with $90,000,000,000.00 in annual revenue, and 30,000 employees, that receives $10,000,000,00.00 annually is taxpayers welfare payments.

and

Monsanto, a $20,000,000,000.00 company with annual revenue of $12,000,000,000.00, that receives much of the $3,000,000,000,000.00 taxpayer welfare paid for farm price supports and direct subsidies - all to helps make creating obese diabetic kids even more profitable.

Wait... I'm sorry ... I forgot ... Americans love welfare programs ... as long as they benefit the top 1%.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24797 Sep 18, 2013
small business wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're an unpleasant and ill informed person. You pretend to know something about which you have no clue. It is the uncertainty, the changing of the rules continually and without any reason other than to justify the existence of another government employee or program that creates problems for those who actually do something productive.
Or, it's an evolving process of refinement in response to real world feedback.

Keep posting, people see thru you.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24798 Sep 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal response. YOUR LIBERAL source is correct and all other sources aren't. rotfl You'll learn. You'll take the rest of us down with you and I hate that, but there is no stopping your innate ignorance. Why are you so dense that you refuse to accept that the government is intrusive? Why don't YOU tell us how YOU think Obamacare is going to play out? Enlighten us, will you? I'm sure you think YOU know how it's REALLY going to be.
Dear Dipsy Doodle,

All you gotta do is point
to make the point,
you get my point.

...We know that this will happen, because … well, she can’t actually identify where the ACA says that, but it’s scary, isn’t it? Are you scared yet? Obama is going to probe your sex life, and it sure is a relief to know that Republicans don’t want to intrude on your privates.
know

Dawsonville, GA

#24799 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you able to achieve such success, the regulatory burden must be crushing. How can you continue?
If you become much more successful you will be taken over by a government agency.
Its obvious you have never made a "living" on your own. I also make a living with my own very small business. But thanks to tax laws on the books written to help much a larger business's than mine still apply to me. I pay little income tax and live very well thank you. I also get social security, and again thanks to the wealthy with influence I can make any amount of money I can, with no affect on the amount of social security I receive. Just curious what government agency takes over business. Don't use the auto industry as an example, it won't fly. If not for government "interference" the American auto industry would be dead. Instead is flourishing making profits and has paid back the government loans. Being a nut is easy, if you don't mind working so is small business. What you are good at is complaining, mainly about things you don't know.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24800 Sep 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>seriously Ag, I need some advice. You may have seen my post to "how" earlier, I have someone stalking and harassing me on this forum, it doesn't matter if I don't post anything for 2 wks.- just as soon as I do, "bored monitor" is waiting like old buzzard or something- zap! What am I to do? I don't really know if he/she is some kind of psycho or it just has some kind of harmless crush on me. I have tried insults, kindness, nothing seems to work! I was even willing to join up with you wackos to make it stop! You seem to carry a little weight around here- maybe you could put in a good word for me, huh. I shore would appreciate any help or advice- I know none of y'all want me to leave but if this doesn't stop I may have to. Then who would you wackos have to kick around?
Jeb, there are posters on here whose opinions I respect, I would like to think that, on balance, they have the same regard for my opinions. But I have no idea who "bored monitor" is and frankly, you have kind of deserved it recently - IMO.
You have really confused me of late. We don't agree on much, but I think we have had some civil discussions on some things in the past, but - again, in my opinion - you have gotten really out of bounds in your personal attacks on some posters. Disagree all you like with someone's opinion, but leave it at that. You REALLY crossed the line when you started in on D'ville Bill's wife - no excuse for that. I am not denying that posters on my side of the aisle (and I include myself) have gone further than we should, but it just seems that you really "went to the Dark Side."
I suspect if you limit the content of your posts to issue information and even "mild" slams, you will lose your "stalker", but I have no inside information to back that up. And you may very well tell me to put my advice where the sun doesn't shine, but it is meant well. As infuriating as I find some posters to be, this forum is not intended to be an echo chamber for one side of the spectrum.

Location hidden

#24801 Sep 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You just love those straw men,
never said anything about spoon feeding.
I can think of many instances where people would still be burdened to comply, besides where's the harm in making these changes at the polling place, and such chamge required a photo id before. If this contributes to long lines and delays, hire more poll workers, extend the time available to vote. If you want people to participant make it easier for everyone, but that's not really the goal is it...
– Forces Provisional Ballots: The bill eliminates a long-standing provision that allows people to change their address or name at the polls. For four decades, Florida allowed those with proper photo ID whose name or address had changed due to marriage, or divorce, or a move by a military family to update that information on Election Day. Under HB 1355, those changes would only be allowed for voters moving within the same county. Otherwise, a voter will not have to cast a provisional ballot and later provide identification to the supervisor of elections. As one Florida supervisor of elections told the Florida Independent, the provision is “disturbing” as provisional ballots are often reserved for close races and thus “go uncounted.”
– Invalidates Absentee Ballots: The bill severely undercuts the absentee ballot. Under this bill, absentee ballots are determined illegal if the voter’s signature on the certificate does not match the signature on record.” As the Herald-Tribune notes, this will affect “voters who suffer from arthritis, strokes and other ailments that affect their handwriting. Those who fail to update their signatures in time would be out of luck.” The bill states that, if elections results are contested, a court cannot “consider any evidence other than the signatures on the voter’s certificate and the signature of the elector in the registration records” in determining the ballots validity.
Palm Beach Post:
Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.
“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.
“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”
You can keep reposting the same article all you want, it does not alter the fact that the changes made were not onerous. It takes a minimum of responsibility and planning to make sure any changes one may have experienced are taken care of prior to election day. It is not a "straw man" to state that based on your previous posts you are maintaining that individuals should not be expected to be held to such minimum standards in order to be able to participate in something so important as the election of our nation's leaders. Don't you think personal responsibility should go hand in hand with the maturity to make such important decisions?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24802 Sep 18, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found a solution to your problem jeb....
There is a doctor in Florida that can grow you a new brain. He uses the bladder tissue of a pig. "Dr. Rodriguez made a template of Halpern’s finger and attached it to what was left."
Of course this is dependent on you having a little brain tissue to work with........
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/09/16/s-fl-doc...
Thanks for the info but I don't need it. I have decided to go with a brain transplant. I hope that you don't mind but I specifically asked for yours because it is the only one I know of that has never been used!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24803 Sep 18, 2013
know wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious you have never made a "living" on your own. I also make a living with my own very small business. But thanks to tax laws on the books written to help much a larger business's than mine still apply to me. I pay little income tax and live very well thank you. I also get social security, and again thanks to the wealthy with influence I can make any amount of money I can, with no affect on the amount of social security I receive. Just curious what government agency takes over business. Don't use the auto industry as an example, it won't fly. If not for government "interference" the American auto industry would be dead. Instead is flourishing making profits and has paid back the government loans. Being a nut is easy, if you don't mind working so is small business. What you are good at is complaining, mainly about things you don't know.
As a matter of fact I have been a successful small business owner, understood how to do my job correctly which meant that I found it easy to comply with government regulations. I also understood that these regulations forced my competition to work on the same level playing field as myself, if they cut corners to gain an unfair advantage it would eventually come back and bite them in the butt.

My response to IO was sarcastic, and I was mocking the poster Small Business who was the source of "government agency takes over business".

Does it mean that the mom and pop entrepreneurs who take chances, work long hours and are guaranteed nothing should step aside once they have become successful and turn their little companies over to some government entity?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24804 Sep 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep reposting the same article all you want, it does not alter the fact that the changes made were not onerous. It takes a minimum of responsibility and planning to make sure any changes one may have experienced are taken care of prior to election day. It is not a "straw man" to state that based on your previous posts you are maintaining that individuals should not be expected to be held to such minimum standards in order to be able to participate in something so important as the election of our nation's leaders. Don't you think personal responsibility should go hand in hand with the maturity to make such important decisions?
What you consider to be facts, are in fact just your opinion:

"changes made were not onerous"

"minimum of responsibility and planning"

"such minimum standards"

If participation in the election process is as important as you seem to think, then that participation should be made as easy and effortless as possible.

Course we can continue to go around and around, in the end this fact still remains:

Location hidden

#24805 Sep 18, 2013
@oh my
Interesting that you find the government regulations that most businesses -big and small -describe as both frustrating and stifling as "easy to comply with", but you think that requiring voters to actually contact their voter registration offices by phone, on-line or in person prior to election day "disenfranchising."
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24806 Sep 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
@oh my
Interesting that you find the government regulations that most businesses -big and small -describe as both frustrating and stifling as "easy to comply with", but you think that requiring voters to actually contact their voter registration offices by phone, on-line or in person prior to election day "disenfranchising."
You just love those starw me.

What I said was that those requirements could still be onerous for some so that making those changes at the polling place should continue to be an option.

Oh what was that phase, continue to be an option, that would imply that it had been an option prior to the change in the law, as in fact it was. That option had been available for a number of years so long as the voter could provide a photo id.

But heck, we know the real reason that the FL Legislature changed the law. the GOP just can't compete:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Aug 22 Carlo c 11
pillpoppers (Nov '10) Aug 16 sick 11
Local cop rides with 1%MC club (Sep '13) Aug 15 Anonymous 15
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Aug 12 Justice for Jerrod 102
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 10 Guilty 1,203
Family doctor recommendation in or around Bruns... Aug 8 NewToGA 1
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jul '16 Nteri 26

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages