Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

All of you liberals who are always acusing Republicans of being interested in what is going on in everyone's bedrooms, perhaps it's you liberals who are actually interested. Seems your hero's healthcare law (We all KNOW you are excited about Obamacare.) will require all of us to answer some personal questons and those answers will be going into a national database. Just more spying. Thanks libroids.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/obamacare-will-q...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Remember when the libroids claimed that the Republicans had declared war on women??? Seems they are the ones who ACTUALLY disrespect women. The most interesing thing is that Breitbart was raised as a liberal. He supported the liberal agenda until he realized that the liberals DIDN'T. I miss Breitbart.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

A couple of the UNINFORMED LIBERALS on Topix has whined about the Republicans trying time and time again to get Obamcare repealed and failing. Seems those efforts have made it very difficult for Obama's signature law to become successful. I guess those efforts have caused people to take notice and come to the realization that Obamacare is going to be expensive.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

....have whined..... ^

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Interesting article about "certain" members of congress wanting congressional members and staff to be exempted from Obamacare. Other "certain" members think congress and staff should have the same insurance as the "little" people. Take a guess which is which BEFORE you read the article.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/358550/...
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama had his chance to overthrow the Iranian regime several years go with the help of Iran's own citizens. He refused to even give them a o.k. nod for confidence to start their revolution.
Now he wants to draw another red line. This time on Iran. If Obama had done his job and given the people of Iran support we would not be facing what we are today. He ignored the problem and look what we have now.
Bush and Clinton both ignored Korea and look what a problem we have now.
The poor mans nuclear bomb is chemical weapons. The more advanced militarized countries have Nuclear weapons. What makes one weapon more accepted than another. O.K. to be nuked but not gassed? Chemical weapons are against the rules but nukes are okay. Does that make ant sense? Dead kids are dead kids.Take all the pictures of them that you want to show the public but they are still dead.
Iran and N.Korea should have already been taken care of years ago when they both threatened the United States with mass destruction. If I were president they would have been quickly asked to withdraw those statements and cease production of weapons of mass destruction or I would have destroyed them.
Both countries will probably attack us as soon as they get the proper technology and capabilities.
We always sit around doing nothing and watching these huge threats move on us and do nothing. Then it becomes to late and we want to go around using up one and a half million dollars for each cruise missile, on a country that can't possibly defend itself from our military power. A country such as Syria that has done nothing to us, has not threatened us, has no national security threats or interest to us, is what the U.S. Military goes after.
You tell me what is wrong with this picture.
Let's see now, Dave. You say that Obama "had the chance to overthrow the Iranian regime several years ago"- pray tell, exactly how and when? And if so, would this be something that would be beneficial to the U.S.? I mean, that seems to be the same sort of dilemma that we now face in Syria. How can we be assured that the 'new gov't will not be just as hostile or more hostile than the one we have to deal with now? Of course, as you say, it would never have came to that if we had just blown there ass off the map when they ,or anyone else, threatened us- regardless of their real potential. Thats' the ticket, Dave. Talk shit to us and die! Like you say, dead kids are just dead kids. You got my vote!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Now there you go again! You must know by now that history has been re-written. Bush2 reminds me of the ole Maytag repairman- the "loneliest guy on the planet". Poor guy, no one claims to have supported him! Hell, he wasn't all bad. Y'know , Hitler was good to his dog and Mussolini did make the trains run on time!
da jubster might be the loneliest goof on the planet, no 1 can understand or cares about what he says.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Read that same article when I was looking into just what the changes were people were saying were so "disenfranchising" - bunk. The first three are all a matter of personal responsibility. Allowing a name or address change on election day both slows up the voting process and leaves open chances of fraud. But the main problem is slowing up the process. If it wasn't important enough to you to take care of these changes prior to election day - tough. If 8 days are not enough to early vote, vote absentee. No hardship here. Already addressed the signature issue. Again, every one of them are issues of personal responsibility.

The only change that wasn't aimed at personal responsibility is the 3rd party registration. That is a logical restriction to keep 3rd party groups from holding on to large numbers of registrations and dumping them massive numbers on the registration offices. Don't see the problem.
Unfortunately not everyone has the well-ordered life that you do, for some there are more important matters that need attention. Not everyone lives in a small town where dealing with a government agency doesn't involve parking hassles, long lines, and hours out of a day. So what if it takes a few extra minutes to verfiy and change information at the polling place, if this activity contributes to longer lines, then simply extend early voting. Besides, local government is setting up and maintaining multiple elections offices in an election year to make it easy for folks.

Heaven forbid that I don't forget exactly how I signed my original voter registration card, my exact frame of mind when I signed, and that some physical impairment hasn't occured in my life that would effect my signature, otherwise I may run afoul of some zealous overly partisan poll watcher.

And the poor election officials, can you imagine having to schedule extra workers before an election to handle an increase in new voter registrations.

Course all of this is really just a smoke screen because we know the real reason these laws are enacted......

Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.

“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.

“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very well what the original poster meant by "mom and pop" - must you be so consistently contrarian?

And regarding the link you referred to - you don't see the problem with the very government agencies in charge of enforcing the regulations are not conforming with THEIR own rules. I guess you don't see the irony there. If you're so concerned about "any Joe" you must not have finished reading the very article you reference:

" The Environmental Protection Agency’s Lead: Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) rule:
EPA failed to convene a small business review panel when it first moved to amend the rule in 2008. The final rule, which went into effect in 2010, constrained small businesses in the home building and remodeling industry. It requires renovation work that disturbs more than six square feet in a home built before 1978 to follow new lead-safe work practices supervised by an EPA-certified renovator and performed by an EPA-certified renovation firm.
This has resulted in excessive compliance costs that ultimately get passed on to consumers. AN UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE OF THIS RULE IS THAT IT ENCOURAGES HOME OWNERS TO HIRE UNCERTIFIED CONTRACTORS TO DO THE WORK, or worse, do the work themselves and actually increase the likelihood of disturbing lead-based paint. POOR DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION by EPA has jeopardized safety, needlessly raised costs for remodelers and consumers, and hindered both job growth and energy efficiency upgrades."
No I don't know what a Mom and Pop business is, not when I see it mentioned as an originating concept that is then transformed into the equally undefined Small Business, which is then transformed into Business in general.

Sure it's a problem that government agency are side stepping the rules making process, but that has nothing to do with the original rant bemoaning all forms of regulation on business.

And while the SBA report tallies up the Cost of Regulation, that report could also be called the Cost of Doing the Job Right. Perhaps you'd like a few examples of why regulations came to be, in most cases it involved a price paid in blood.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Now there you go again! You must know by now that history has been re-written. Bush2 reminds me of the ole Maytag repairman- the "loneliest guy on the planet". Poor guy, no one claims to have supported him! Hell, he wasn't all bad. Y'know , Hitler was good to his dog and Mussolini did make the trains run on time!
And you know, the same folks who so vehemently supported those idiotic Right Wing Policies still haven't learned.

They desperately want to repeat what has failed (for average Americans), every time it's been tried.

Obama's (a/k/a Bush + Brain), Right Wing stances have caused the rich to keep getting richer, killed thousands of innocent civilians and thousands if our Marines; and most Americans to keep getting screwed;
and anyone who doubts we are 1000% better off than under Right Wing Wackos is just intentionally blind, a moron, or ... or ... wacko.

Right Wingers just aren't happy unless we have bombing someone or our troops are killing someone, somewhere, for something or anything, and it's fine to bankrupt America to do it.

They have never learned the difference between "Strength" and "Power."

Like Kris Kristofferson said: "Everybody's got to have somebody to look down on - who they can feel better than at any time they please." Right Wingers just also believe that group they look down on needs killin.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
All of you liberals who are always acusing Republicans of being interested in what is going on in everyone's bedrooms, perhaps it's you liberals who are actually interested. Seems your hero's healthcare law (We all KNOW you are excited about Obamacare.) will require all of us to answer some personal questons and those answers will be going into a national database. Just more spying. Thanks libroids.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/obamacare-will-q...
Damn Synergy - maybe you could just apply for an "exception" to the requirement you provide your own medical insurance - then you can stay a Right Wing Freeloading Deadbeat - and stay a pure Right Winger.

Then we won't have to ensure that constant Right Wing whining whenever asked to carry their own load.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
A couple of the UNINFORMED LIBERALS on Topix has whined about the Republicans trying time and time again to get Obamcare repealed and failing. Seems those efforts have made it very difficult for Obama's signature law to become successful. I guess those efforts have caused people to take notice and come to the realization that Obamacare is going to be expensive.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
Waaaaahhhhh !

Waaaaahhhhh !

Don't make us pay own own medical bills.

Don't make us move our lips off that government teat.

Damn ... Man-up (or Woman-up), and get off that Right Wing freeloading deadbeat welfare train.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see now, Dave. You say that Obama "had the chance to overthrow the Iranian regime several years ago"- pray tell, exactly how and when? And if so, would this be something that would be beneficial to the U.S.? I mean, that seems to be the same sort of dilemma that we now face in Syria. How can we be assured that the 'new gov't will not be just as hostile or more hostile than the one we have to deal with now? Of course, as you say, it would never have came to that if we had just blown there ass off the map when they ,or anyone else, threatened us- regardless of their real potential. Thats' the ticket, Dave. Talk shit to us and die! Like you say, dead kids are just dead kids. You got my vote!
They are always sooooo tough.

Just ask them to raise taxes to pay for their wars - and watch them whine like little girls.

Just ask em to initiate a draft to send their sons to die in the Mideast to help one Arab Muslim dictator get to collect out oil money instead of the other Arab Muslim dictator - and watch them whine like little girls.

Right Wingers love war and bombing and killing - just as long as somebody else pays for it, and they get to stay safe and sound, far away from those messy dead bodies.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately not everyone has the well-ordered life that you do, for some there are more important matters that need attention. Not everyone lives in a small town where dealing with a government agency doesn't involve parking hassles, long lines, and hours out of a day. So what if it takes a few extra minutes to verfiy and change information at the polling place, if this activity contributes to longer lines, then simply extend early voting. Besides, local government is setting up and maintaining multiple elections offices in an election year to make it easy for folks.

Heaven forbid that I don't forget exactly how I signed my original voter registration card, my exact frame of mind when I signed, and that some physical impairment hasn't occured in my life that would effect my signature, otherwise I may run afoul of some zealous overly partisan poll watcher.

And the poor election officials, can you imagine having to schedule extra workers before an election to handle an increase in new voter registrations.

Course all of this is really just a smoke screen because we know the real reason these laws are enacted......

Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.

“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.

“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”
At the same time:
- Right Wing Republican strategists openly brag about manufacturing a "problem" so they can keep poor and minorities from voting;
- Ignorant or deceptive Right Wingers claim to actually believe their is a "problem".

Either:
- the Right Winger are so ignorant they have no idea they are destroying democracy in America,
or
- they are happy to destroy democracy because they are the new minority.

Has to be one or the other.

On the
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
da jubster might be the loneliest goof on the planet, no 1 can understand or cares about what he says.
I swear, if you don't leave me alone, I'm going to get some of my gay friends to beat you up!
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
Great post.

It's always good to see how the Earth appears from Right Wing Wacko Planet.

Imagine - Constitutional Rights, Due Process; Privacy, and Conservation; and Tolerance.

Those damn liberal revolutionary Founding Fathers, screwed it up for Earth ... We won't let that happen on Right Wing Wacko Planet.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

In which I debunk GOP lies re: health ins. rates skyrocketing under Obama with actual facts and math
TUE SEP 17, 2013
by Eclectablog
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/17/1239...

...During President Bush's eight years in office, annual premiums for a family increased from $7,061 to $13,375, an increase of $6,314 or, on average $789.25 per year. Adjusted for inflation, costs went from $9,313.50 to $14,653.21 or $667.46 per year.

When President Obama took office in 2009, annual premiums for a family were $13,375 and four years later have risen to $16,351 for an average of $744 per year. Adjusting for inflation, costs started at $14,653.21 for an average increase of only $424.45 per year.

No matter how you look at it, the rate of health care cost increases has reversed under President Obama.

It's worth noting a couple of other things, as well. First of all, the Affordable Care Act wasn't even passed until 2010, a quarter of the way through his first term. Also, many of the cost-saving elements of the Affordable Care Act, including the health care exchanges, haven't even started yet! The state health care exchanges that have already released costs are showing considerably lower premiums than were anticipated.

But there's actually more to the story of what has happened to health insurance costs since President Obama took office. According to a recently released report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, consumers have already saved $1.7 billion in 2012 alone, thanks to the Affordable Care Act:

...the fact that insurance companies now have to justify double digit percentage increases in their premiums and the HHS is not having it in many cases. Additionally, they must spend no less than 80% of the premiums they receive (85% on for large group insurers) on actual medical care or they must refund the difference to their customers. This has resulted in significant numbers of Americans actually getting checks from their health insurance company...

Just wait until the health insurance exchanges start up next month. Suddenly, insurance companies will have to compete on a much more level playing field. When you can compare rates easily on a Travelocity-style website, the overly expensive companies are going to lose out to those offering their customers a good value.

An anecdote:

Was in line at a local deli last week and the counter person (young female in her 20s) was explaining to another customer that she needs health insurance. I could tell by the conversation that she didn't know anything about the ACA. My turn in line so I asked her if she could wait until 10/1 to purchase insurance. "Yes, why?"

Explained the health exchange to be set up, options available to her, subsidy available to her, no pre-existing condition worry, etc. She was incredulous! Later, I returned with a print out explaining more about the exchanges.

The navigators will be busy.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
At the same time:
- Right Wing Republican strategists openly brag about manufacturing a "problem" so they can keep poor and minorities from voting;
- Ignorant or deceptive Right Wingers claim to actually believe their is a "problem".
Either:
- the Right Winger are so ignorant they have no idea they are destroying democracy in America,
or
- they are happy to destroy democracy because they are the new minority.
Has to be one or the other.
On the
It would appear that FL and NC are "showing the way for conservatives to rise above their post-2012 depression and regain the political initiative".

NORTH CAROLINA EMBRACES HONEST ELECTIONS
Phyllis Schlafly hails new provisions on early voting, voter ID
Published: 08/19/2013 at 7:57 PM
http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/north-carolina-emb...

North Carolina is showing the way for conservatives to rise above their post-2012 depression and regain the political initiative. Gov. Pat McCrory just signed a law requiring voters to show a valid photo ID for voting, prohibiting same-day registration and reducing the number of days for early voting from 17 to 10.

...The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that “early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.”

The Obama technocrats have developed an efficient system of identifying prospective Obama voters and then nagging them (some might say harassing them) until they actually vote. It may take several days to accomplish this, so early voting is an essential component of the Democrats’ get-out-the-vote campaign.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

The Myth of the “Free Market” and How to Make the Economy Work for Us
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2013
http://robertreich.org/post/61406074983

One of the most deceptive ideas continuously sounded by the Right (and its fathomless think tanks and media outlets) is that the “free market” is natural and inevitable, existing outside and beyond government. So whatever inequality or insecurity it generates is beyond our control. And whatever ways we might seek to reduce inequality or insecurity — to make the economy work for us — are unwarranted constraints on the market’s freedom, and will inevitably go wrong.

By this view, if some people aren’t paid enough to live on, the market has determined they aren’t worth enough. If others rake in billions, they must be worth it. If millions of Americans remain unemployed or their paychecks are shrinking or they work two or three part-time jobs with no idea what they’ll earn next month or next week, that’s too bad; it’s just the outcome of the market.

According to this logic, government shouldn’t intrude through minimum wages, high taxes on top earners, public spending to get people back to work, regulations on business, or anything else, because the “free market” knows best.

In reality, the “free market” is a bunch of rules about (1) what can be owned and traded (the genome? slaves? nuclear materials? babies? votes?); (2) on what terms (equal access to the internet? the right to organize unions? corporate monopolies? the length of patent protections?); (3) under what conditions (poisonous drugs? unsafe foods? deceptive Ponzi schemes? uninsured derivatives? dangerous workplaces?)(4) what’s private and what’s public (police? roads? clean air and clean water? healthcare? good schools? parks and playgrounds?); (5) how to pay for what (taxes, user fees, individual pricing?). And so on.

These rules don’t exist in nature; they are human creations. Governments don’t “intrude” on free markets; governments organize and maintain them. Markets aren’t “free” of rules; the rules define them.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Tue PepsiCo 5
Does anyone know Jason Carlin (Aug '13) Aug 16 marcuswade 5
Infowars.com banned from Facebook Aug 15 Jeb 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Aug 13 Get Over It 1,181
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Aug 3 kazoo 3
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Jul 31 magnola 24
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
•••
•••