Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24605 Sep 15, 2013
My goodness, we certainly do have some "judgmental" little Lefties playing tonight. Let's see what else I can come up with so they can vent their frustrations.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24606 Sep 15, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>Cynthia, Cynthia. People know that you are no more than one crazy lady. Is it necessary for you to keep confirming this fact over and over?
OK, you found me out.

I didn't want to admit I was this Cindy person, but your refusal to stop pursuing me forced me out into the open again.

Scott, we have been through this before, you just have to accept that although you are obsessed with me, I don't love you,(in fact I don't even like you. Maybe it's that your short, have those ears so low the lobes hang beneath your jaws, and your idea of an exciting date was to watch watch "Toddlers and Tiaras", wearing your favorite shiny dress, and screaming at the TV when the "wrong" 4 year-old won. All because you never won when you were a child.

Like the deputy and the judge explained to you the last time you refused to leave me alone - you need to move on, somewhere there is a girl for you, it might be a crack smoking, hepatitis +, welfare queen, with 6 kids, on house arrest for her last prostitution charge,(like your last girlfriend), but have faith, there is "someone" for you.

Remember last time you lost control of your obsession, after your trial, the federal agents moved me from Union County. Just to hide from you, I had a sex-change operation, fathered 4 children, retired from law enforcement, competed by J.D., and mastered a new career.

For the love of God,(and so you avoid another "Anger Management" class), please don't make me enter witness protection again.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24607 Sep 15, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>ROFL @ painting Obama as the one who came up with the idea for Syria to give their chem weapons to the UN. Obama was willing to let it drop, but Putin and Syria saved him from himself. Now Putin looks like the World's best Diplomat, and Syria will be the PEST that keeps eating away at the insides of Obama and America.

And while you applaud Obama for the saving of American troops, you think this also will save American dollars.

Youse aint no right winger, youse a flake.
Now now.

We know how disappointed some Right Wingers are that Obama accomplished the goal,
all without spending Trillions of Dollars and sending thousands of our boys to fight and die for those Arab Muslims.

We "True" Conservatives are damn happy though.

Thank you President Obama for demonstrating once again that Right Wing Wackos are almost always wrong.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24608 Sep 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>While disagreeing with some of Bush's policies, I respected Bush for his stance on moral issues: his Faith Based Initiatives, his support of adult stem cell research while opposing embryonic stem cell research and his support of traditional marriage. While I understand the stated goals of "No Child Left Behind", I disagree strongly with virtually all federal government micromanaging of the educational system - we have seen nothing but a decline in our educational system since the establishment of the Dept of Education. He cut taxes - positive, but he increased spending dramatically - negative. His cabinet was far more "diverse" than Obama's.
All of the above are reasons I respected Bush, with the exception of increased spending, do you see anything in that list that Obama would agree with? Therefore, your statement that Obama's policies are almost a mirror image of Bush's is completely false.
So, what have I said that supports your contention that I sound racist? It would appear that it is the simple matter that I oppose Obama's policies. Thank you for proving my point brilliantly. And I will repeat, I just as strongly opposed Hillarycare - does that make me sexist?
Yea ... It shows lots of integrity to:
- use daddy's money and political power to dodge the draft during the Vietnam War while happily sending other to die in your dirty little war;
- to accept billions in contracts for you and your buddies from the bin Laden dictators who murdered thousands of Americans, to keep bin Laden and his family safe from justice;
- to lie us into a war that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and thousands of American troops.

If that's Right Winger's idea of integrity- they must experience orgasms watching reruns of Stalin's speeches.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#24609 Sep 15, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL @ painting Obama as the one who came up with the idea for Syria to give their chem weapons to the UN. Obama was willing to let it drop, but Putin and Syria saved him from himself. Now Putin looks like the World's best Diplomat, and Syria will be the PEST that keeps eating away at the insides of Obama and America.
And while you applaud Obama for the saving of American troops, you think this also will save American dollars.
Youse aint no right winger, youse a flake.
Oh, yeah. Kerry (one more Leftist who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room) shows his inexperience by making an off the cuff remark. The Obama administration jumps in to try for some damage control stating Kerry's comment was "rhetorical." Putin sees an opportunity to buy his buddy Assad some time and says he'll make Kerry's offer work. Obama calls it a "significant breakthrough."
And then Jay Carney (can't believe he is willing to destroy any smidgeon of credibility he might have left) comes out and now tries to claim a "victory" for Obama.

"It is the credible threat of military force that has resulted in these rather remarkable changes in position that we've seen this week."

Amazing, just amazing.
==
"a flake" - would Head and Shoulders get rid of it?(if only)
Informed Opinion

United States

#24610 Sep 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, yeah. Kerry (one more Leftist who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room) shows his inexperience by making an off the cuff remark. The Obama administration jumps in to try for some damage control stating Kerry's comment was "rhetorical." Putin sees an opportunity to buy his buddy Assad some time and says he'll make Kerry's offer work. Obama calls it a "significant breakthrough."
And then Jay Carney (can't believe he is willing to destroy any smidgeon of credibility he might have left) comes out and now tries to claim a "victory" for Obama.

"It is the credible threat of military force that has resulted in these rather remarkable changes in position that we've seen this week."

Amazing, just amazing.
==
Right Wingers everywhere are saying :

Wow! Thanks President Obama for showing us how to solve an international problem without killing thousands of our sons in pathetically stupid wars, and bankrupting us spending Trillions of Dollars.

God bless you President Obama - we sure are happy you didn't repeat the idiocy we foisted on the Country called the Iraq War.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#24611 Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24612 Sep 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Let's look at the changes made in 2011 to Florida voting regulations, since that is what all the hubbub is about:
Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.

“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told The Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only.…‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” Greer said he was told by those staffers and consultants.

“They never came in to see me and tell me we had a (voter) fraud issue,” Greer said.“It’s all a marketing ploy.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/05/09/...
– Forces Provisional Ballots: The bill eliminates a long-standing provision that allows people to change their address or name at the polls. For four decades, Florida allowed those with proper photo ID whose name or address had changed due to marriage, or divorce, or a move by a military family to update that information on Election Day. Under HB 1355, those changes would only be allowed for voters moving within the same county. Otherwise, a voter will not have to cast a provisional ballot and later provide identification to the supervisor of elections. As one Florida supervisor of elections told the Florida Independent, the provision is “disturbing” as provisional ballots are often reserved for close races and thus “go uncounted.”

– Cuts Early Voting: HB 1355 also cuts the time for early voting from 14 days to eight. The early voting reform was among former Gov. Charlie Crist’s (R-FL) election reforms to “prevent embarrassments like the 2000 election.” As the Miami Herald’s Joy-Ann Reid notes,“It was a hard-won victory for working people who sometimes can’t get to the polls if they work odd hours, or run out of time to resolve a problem at the polls.” According to Reid, in 2008, black churches and college students “took full advantage of the extra time”— two groups that overwhelmingly voted for President Obama.

– Invalidates Absentee Ballots: The bill severely undercuts the absentee ballot. Under this bill, absentee ballots are determined illegal if the voter’s signature on the certificate does not match the signature on record.” As the Herald-Tribune notes, this will affect “voters who suffer from arthritis, strokes and other ailments that affect their handwriting. Those who fail to update their signatures in time would be out of luck.” The bill states that, if elections results are contested, a court cannot “consider any evidence other than the signatures on the voter’s certificate and the signature of the elector in the registration records” in determining the ballots validity.

– Fines Third Party Voting Groups: Third-party voter registration groups, such as the non-partisan League of Women voters, the NAACP, and the Boy Scouts are also targeted by HB 1355 by requiring these groups to turn in registration cards within 48 hours of signature or face fines. Voter groups note that “the requirement would be difficult to meet if they are registering thousands of voters at a time.” Because of the “undue burden” this provision places on “thousands of volunteers,” the League of Women Voters — an organization with a “91-year history of registering and educating voters”— announced today that it will “cease [its] voter registration efforts in this state” should HB 1355 become law
Anon

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#24613 Sep 16, 2013
Republicans!!!
danger zone

Ocilla, GA

#24614 Sep 16, 2013
Putin trumps Obama. End of story.
Obama should hand over that peace prize.
IO, who you foolin, fool?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/politics/syria-...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24615 Sep 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And here are the first four hits on a google search of "regulation impact on small business"
Take your pick:
None of these examples define a mom and pop business by gross sale amount, so, what constitutes a small business, gross sales of 250k, 500k, 1mil, 5mil, 10mil.

Uhmm, let's see do I want a licsenced building contractor building my home, or just any joe who knows which end of the hammer hits the nail.

This link
http://www.nahb.org/news_details.aspx...
doesn't discuss eliminating regulations, instead it's main thrust is lack of governmental complience with the review process.

But hey, we all know that doin' a job the right way is always going to cost more than the fast and easy way.
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24616 Sep 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah. Kerry (one more Leftist who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room) shows his inexperience by making an off the cuff remark. The Obama administration jumps in to try for some damage control stating Kerry's comment was "rhetorical." Putin sees an opportunity to buy his buddy Assad some time and says he'll make Kerry's offer work. Obama calls it a "significant breakthrough."
Amazing, just amazing.
==

And now we have Obama playing with a new Red Line........Iran..

The man is dumber than a box of rocks. He speaks for the numbskulls libroids who support him, not the other 60% who oppose his actions.

"President Obama drew another “red line” Sunday, now on Iranian nukes — and insisted that this time, he really means it, despite infamously wavering on his red-line pledge about Syria using chemical weapons."

http://nypost.com/2013/09/16/obamas-new-red-l...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24617 Sep 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah. Kerry (one more Leftist who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room) shows his inexperience by making an off the cuff remark.
Taking Occam's Razor to the Syria diplomacy debacle
THU SEP 12, 2013
by yelloweye
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/12/1238...

1) Was Kerry’s now-famous statement a gaffe, or a strategic maneuver?
The Razor says: Strategic maneuver.

Rationale: I mean, come on – there’s no razor necessary here; you could use a butter knife to cut this one. For starters, listen to the detail in Kerry’s statement – the precise timeline, the lack of pauses. He’s not making it up on the spot. More importantly, though, consider for a moment the virtually impossible odds against one individual, no matter how knowledgeable they may be, dreaming up a win-win-win scenario to prevent a major military conflict in the span of a few seconds, with no pauses or missteps, all in front of the media. To use Bill Bryson’s term, the chances are ‘vanishingly small’....

2) Then why the hell did Kerry phrase it as he did?
The Razor says: Because The Plan had to come from Russia.

Rationale: Assad can acquiesce to allies; he cannot acquiesce to the U.S. Kerry wanted The Plan to work, but he could not be the one to present it to the world....

3) So if The Plan had to come from Russia, why did Kerry even bring it up?
The Razor says: Because Russia (and Syria) were dragging their feet, and every minute that passed was weakening the U.S.’s leverage.

Rationale: The American public’s opinion was trending heavily against intervention. More importantly, the Congressional vote to authorize the use of military intervention was approximately 48 hours away when Kerry made his statement – and as the vote was almost certainly going to be a strong rejection of military intervention, it was shaping up to be a severe blow to U.S. leverage. By bringing up The Plan in a roundabout but public manner, Kerry put Russia and Syria on the spot – either they get moving, or the possibility would be lost.

4) So if Russia and Syria both knew that President Obama was in a tough spot, why did they latch onto The Plan? Why didn’t they let Kerry’s remark pass, watch the President’s leverage erode along with public support and the Congressional vote, and dare him to act in such a weakened state?

The Razor says: Because President Obama’s team had privately assured Russia and Syria that they would launch a military intervention regardless of the Congressional vote.

Rationale: President Obama was truly boxed in on this one....

5) So why would Russia care? Why would they hop so quickly after Kerry’s statement?

The Razor says: Because, in the end, Russia wasn’t going to do anything about the U.S.’s military intervention, and this was going to diminish their standing as a useful ally.

Russia was going to sit on the sidelines and watch the U.S. attacks unfold, and this was going to send a terrible message to Russia’s other allies. The message would have been: when push comes to shove, Russia is powerless to stop the U.S. from doing whatever it wants, even to close allies.

----------

In the end, none of the three primary nations involved wanted U.S. military intervention, but all were somewhat boxed in: Assad couldn’t be seen as giving in to U.S. demands, President Obama couldn’t be seen as going back on his ‘red line’ statement, and Russia was essentially powerless to stop the U.S. from doing whatever it wanted - but it couldn't be seen as such.

The three nations had to come up with a solution, and that’s what happened.
Dr Common Sense

Dahlonega, GA

#24618 Sep 16, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
While disagreeing with some of Bush's policies, I respected Bush for his stance on moral issues: his Faith Based Initiatives, his support of adult stem cell research while opposing embryonic stem cell research and his support of traditional marriage. While I understand the stated goals of "No Child Left Behind", I disagree strongly with virtually all federal government micromanaging of the educational system - we have seen nothing but a decline in our educational system since the establishment of the Dept of Education. He cut taxes - positive, but he increased spending dramatically - negative. His cabinet was far more "diverse" than Obama's.
All of the above are reasons I respected Bush, with the exception of increased spending, do you see anything in that list that Obama would agree with? Therefore, your statement that Obama's policies are almost a mirror image of Bush's is completely false.
So, what have I said that supports your contention that I sound racist? It would appear that it is the simple matter that I oppose Obama's policies. Thank you for proving my point brilliantly. And I will repeat, I just as strongly opposed Hillarycare - does that make me sexist?
Mr. Bush's "support" of stem cell research put this countries program behind the rest of the world by 20 years. His blocking of embryonic stem cells research funding sent scientists from this country abroad to do their research. The idea that the embryonic stem cells were being collected by killing babies was a pure lie. More than likely started by the pharmaceutical industry to protect their money making markets. Even today stem cell research money is hard to get because pharmaceutical companies don't want a one time fix for disease. They want to sell you pills for the rest of your life! In the beginning researchers were using what amounts to hospital waste for their studies, not from babies!! Stem cells from living people are now at the forefront of research and they are doing amazing things with them, I know, I have them. I also know that if research in this country had not been stifled by misinformation for years stem cells would be mainstream saving lives today.
As for the rest of your Bush accomplishments, I just look at our economy, our home values, our debt the graves and make my judgments. He was not my pastor, he was my President and a world leader. What he did was destroy the economy of U. S., the world and killed thousands of people along the way.
Now

Dahlonega, GA

#24619 Sep 16, 2013
Vermin infest the White House, Obama being top Bug....

http://www.nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/bug...

Now

Dahlonega, GA

#24620 Sep 16, 2013
dailykos----where dreams and fantasy become reality...

And fools believe....

Now

Dahlonega, GA

#24621 Sep 16, 2013
Obama and his pet bug....on his forehead...

http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/01/Obama-fly_24...

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24622 Sep 16, 2013
What's in a Name? Global Warming vs. Climate Change
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/cli...

To a scientist, global warming describes the average global surface temperature increase from human emissions of greenhouse gases. Its first use was in a 1975 Science article by geochemist Wallace Broecker of Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory: "Climatic Change: Are We on the Brink of a Pronounced Global Warming?"1

Broecker's term was a break with tradition. Earlier studies of human impact on climate had called it "inadvertent climate modification."2 This was because while many scientists accepted that human activities could cause climate change, they did not know what the direction of change might be. Industrial emissions of tiny airborne particles called aerosols might cause cooling, while greenhouse gas emissions would cause warming. Which effect would dominate?

For most of the 1970s, nobody knew. So "inadvertent climate modification," while clunky and dull, was an accurate reflection of the state of knowledge.

The first decisive National Academy of Science study of carbon dioxide's impact on climate, published in 1979, abandoned "inadvertent climate modification." Often called the Charney Report for its chairman, Jule Charney of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, declared: "if carbon dioxide continues to increase,[we find] no reason to doubt that climate changes will result and no reason to believe that these changes will be negligible."3

In place of inadvertent climate modification, Charney adopted Broecker's usage. When referring to surface temperature change, Charney used "global warming." When discussing the many other changes that would be induced by increasing carbon dioxide, Charney used "climate change."

Within scientific journals, this is still how the two terms are used. Global warming refers to surface temperature increases, while climate change includes global warming and everything else that increasing greenhouse gas amounts will affect....

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...
Global warming is turning 35! Not only has the current spate of global warming been going on for about 35 years now, but also the term “global warming” will have its 35th anniversary next week. On 8 August 1975, Wally Broecker published his paper “Are we on the brink of a pronounced global warming?” in the journal Science. That appears to be the first use of the term “global warming” in the scientific literature (at least it’s the first of over 10,000 papers for this search term according to the ISI database of journal articles).

In this paper, Broecker correctly predicted “that the present cooling trend will, within a decade or so, give way to a pronounced warming induced by carbon dioxide”, and that “by early in the next century [carbon dioxide] will have driven the mean planetary temperature beyond the limits experienced during the last 1000 years”. He predicted an overall 20th Century global warming of 0.8ºC due to CO2 and worried about the consequences for agriculture and sea level.

...It is very instructive to see how Broecker arrived at his predictions back in 1975 – not least because even today, many lay people incorrectly assume that we attribute global warming to CO2 basically because temperature and CO2 levels have both gone up and thus correlate. Broecker came to his prediction at a time when CO2 had been going up but temperatures had been going down for decades – but Broecker (like most other climate scientists at the time, and today) understood the basic physics of the issue.

Basically his prediction involved just three simple steps that in essence are still used today....

Location hidden

#24623 Sep 16, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer says he attended various meetings, beginning in 2009, at which party staffers and consultants pushed for reductions in early voting days and hours.
....(deleted for space)
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/05/09/...
– Forces Provisional Ballots: The bill eliminates a long-standing provision that allows people to change their address or name at the polls. For four decades, Florida allowed those with proper photo ID whose name or address had changed due to marriage, or divorce, or a move by a military family to update that information on Election Day. Under HB 1355, those changes would only be allowed for voters moving within the same county. Otherwise, a voter will not have to cast a provisional ballot and later provide identification to the supervisor of elections. As one Florida supervisor of elections told the Florida Independent, the provision is “disturbing” as provisional ballots are often reserved for close races and thus “go uncounted.”
– Cuts Early Voting: HB 1355 also cuts the time for early voting from 14 days to eight. The early voting reform was among former Gov. Charlie Crist’s (R-FL) election reforms to “prevent embarrassments like the 2000 election.” As the Miami Herald’s Joy-Ann Reid notes,“It was a hard-won victory for working people who sometimes can’t get to the polls if they work odd hours, or run out of time to resolve a problem at the polls.” According to Reid, in 2008, black churches and college students “took full advantage of the extra time”— two groups that overwhelmingly voted for President Obama.
– Invalidates Absentee Ballots: The bill severely undercuts the absentee ballot. Under this bill, absentee ballots are determined illegal if the voter’s signature on the certificate does not match the signature on record.” As the Herald-Tribune notes, this will affect “voters who suffer from arthritis, strokes and other ailments that affect their handwriting. Those who fail to update their signatures in time would be out of luck.” The bill states that, if elections results are contested, a court cannot “consider any evidence other than the signatures on the voter’s certificate and the signature of the elector in the registration records” in determining the ballots validity.
– Fines Third Party Voting Groups: Third-party voter registration groups, such as the non-partisan League of Women voters, the NAACP, and the Boy Scouts are also targeted by HB 1355 by requiring these groups to turn in registration cards within 48 hours of signature or face fines. Voter groups note that “the requirement would be difficult to meet if they are registering thousands of voters at a time.” Because of the “undue burden” this provision places on “thousands of volunteers,” the League of Women Voters — an organization with a “91-year history of registering and educating voters”— announced today that it will “cease [its] voter registration efforts in this state” should HB 1355 become law
Read that same article when I was looking into just what the changes were people were saying were so "disenfranchising" - bunk. The first three are all a matter of personal responsibility. Allowing a name or address change on election day both slows up the voting process and leaves open chances of fraud. But the main problem is slowing up the process. If it wasn't important enough to you to take care of these changes prior to election day - tough. If 8 days are not enough to early vote, vote absentee. No hardship here. Already addressed the signature issue. Again, every one of them are issues of personal responsibility.
The only change that wasn't aimed at personal responsibility is the 3rd party registration. That is a logical restriction to keep 3rd party groups from holding on to large numbers of registrations and dumping them massive numbers on the registration offices. Don't see the problem.
Slim Pickins

Ellijay, GA

#24624 Sep 16, 2013
I would vote now for whomever won in 2010.

Call me Bandwagon Slim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
considering moving to the Brunswick area Fri I used to live there 6
Anyone know? Apr 21 Snuffy 1
News Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Apr 15 UKk 19
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Apr 14 me2youlol 8
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Apr 12 Get_a_Clue 1,197
Miles Crews Apr 12 SumYungGuy 2
US DEPARTMENT Of Labor are worst scum We have i... Apr 1 SAY NOTHING 1
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE