Informed Opinion

United States

#24095 Sep 9, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>You left these out......

•Antonio Díaz-Miguel (1933–2000), coach, enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1997.
•Pau Gasol (born 1980), FC Barcelona and Los Angeles Lakers player, 2001-02 NBA Rookie of the Year Award winner; 2006 FIBA W.C. MVP.
•Fernando Martín (1962–1989), Estudiantes, Real Madrid and Portland Trail Blazers player.
•Juan Carlos Navarro (born 1980), FC Barcelona and Memphis Grizzlies player.
Like Jimmy Buffet says - its a shame - but those guys were "born 400 years too late."

Gotta confess, professional basketball just ain't my thing. I'm glad others enjoy it, but the size and skills of the players seem to have overwhelmed the game.
Lately, I've been enjoying watching Div. III college sports. The kids actually attend classes; can recognize their professors,(two out of three times); and a 6' guard still occasionally shoots and misses.

But hey... Buenos Suerte to Juan Carlos Navarro.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24096 Sep 9, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up, traitor. You've been bested at every single turn. Your drivel only occurs in your alternate universe. We're ALL laughing at you.
No doubt that is true - on Right Wing Wacko Planet.

Too bad you can't rebut a single one of those facts that demonstrate conclusively that Right Wingers are astoundingly fiscally irresponsible; completely disregard the lives and safety of our troops; and always try to destroy democracy when they find it "inconvenient", all to redistribute wealth upward to the 1%.

Thankfully, you didn't embarrass yourself further by even trying.

Of course, the Democrats are only slightly better, pretending they are powerless to stop the Right Wing Disaster Machine, while also cashing in their corporate bribes.

Only slightly better, but right now, that's the only alternative permitted by the Right Wing Corporate Media.

Really consider that Cognitive Dissonance problem.

You exist because of government programs. Willard Romney says you, you are part of the useless 47% of Americans who, because you are government dependent, should be shunted aside and disregarded.

Doesn't that let you finally understand that your corporate Gods find you a meaningless pawn, to be wound up and sent forward as a sacrifice for the 1% that does "count" ?

Just wondering.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24097 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Just what is wrong with you? Why waste your and everyone else time trying to read all that junk that you wrote that has absolutely nothing to do with my post. Where do you find all that crap?
Why don't you just try and change the subject? You might as well copied and pasted the story of the moon walk. Nobody cares.
Now concentrate really hard. We were discussing the NSA spying Scandal with Obama at the helm. Got it?
The point - and your missing it - is that Obama isn't the problem - the NSA is the problem.

Where was all the outrage when Right Wing Republicans were abusing our rights ?

Oh wait ...

When Right Wing Wackos bankrupt the country, lie us into war, and get our troops killed - that's fine.

But when Obama (Bush + Brain), does the same thing Right Wing Wacko Bush did - we're outraged.

As long as you Right Wingers make Obama the target - and not the conduct.- you have no credibility.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24098 Sep 9, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Your senility is getting the best of you. You simply MUST quit making stuff up just to make yourself feel better and relevant. I'm going to tell you something that you obviously aren't aware of: It's 2013 and Barrack Obama is the president and has been president for FIVE YEARS!!!!! Remember him? You voted for him TWICE and he is taking this country down the tubes. It's time for old traitors like you to own your mistakes. The truth will set you free.
That blood must be really sticking to your hands. Well, 5,000 dead Americans is a lot of guilt,( if you had a "guilt" gene."

Destroying a balanced budget and creating a $1,400,000,000,000.00 annual deficit must be hard to explain, for a Right Winger who claims to be "fiscally conservative."

Doubling the national debt and leaving a $6,000.000,000,000.00 additional debt to pay for your wars must be exceedingly difficult to internalize - after all you're "fiscally conservative."

Hey.. I know - let's just pretend Right Wing Wacko Policies aren't always the disasters they are.

Pretense matches so well with Right Wing lack of guilt.
Informed Opinion

United States

#24099 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, sir.

I think a lot of people who voted for Obama are realizing they bought an empty suit. They were so caught up in the "romance" and "symbolism" that they never stopped and thought about just who the individual was they were voting for. The man was completely unqualified for his position. Being a
lecturer and a community organizer are hardly positions to prepare you for being president of a superpower. Nor does being a state senator. Nor does being a Senator for LESS THAN 2 YEARS before declaring you are going to run for president. To think someone who has never ever held any position of any real responsibility thinks they can be president - what hubris. What an ego to think that with a resume that thin he would even consider himself remotely justified in running for his party's nomination. And to think that he actually WON the nomination - I'm frankly surprised Hillary's head didn't blow up when she lost what was considered "hers."
Congratulations -

By ignoring every metric of economic and foreign policy available you have created an alternate reality, completely devoid of substantive and objective facts.

No wonder on Right Wing Wacko Planet facts and history are unwelcome.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#24100 Sep 9, 2013
I am posting this video with the hopes that Topix monitors will allow it. It is extremely graphic and if you have a weak stomach don't watch it.
I think it is very important for the American people to see the type of people that the U.S. Government now wants to support in Syria.

Douglasville, GA

#24101 Sep 9, 2013
Secretary Kerry says that "we are not going to war". Maybe he doesn't call bombing a country an act of war but everyone else in the world does.
He thinks it is so important to bomb Syria with an "unbelievably small, limited strike".
Why bother to go to war with another country if you don't want to hurt them? Such a strike will only prove the U.S. is a candy ass and start retaliations by other countries and groups against the U.S.
It is as if The current administration wants a war so the American people will forget about the poor economy, and all the government scandals.
Wars are easy to start but very difficult to end.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/wer...
OMTE

Lakeland, GA

#24102 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I am posting this video with the hopes that Topix monitors will allow it. It is extremely graphic and if you have a weak stomach don't watch it.
I think it is very important for the American people to see the type of people that the U.S. Government now wants to support in Syria.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GfHSPLW63GgXX
You may find this interesting, Dave.
http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/09/syria-i...

Douglasville, GA

#24103 Sep 9, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The point - and your missing it - is that Obama isn't the problem - the NSA is the problem.
Where was all the outrage when Right Wing Republicans were abusing our rights ?
Oh wait ...
When Right Wing Wackos bankrupt the country, lie us into war, and get our troops killed - that's fine.
But when Obama (Bush + Brain), does the same thing Right Wing Wacko Bush did - we're outraged.
As long as you Right Wingers make Obama the target - and not the conduct.- you have no credibility.
Just more doubletalk.
OMTE

Lakeland, GA

#24104 Sep 9, 2013

Douglasville, GA

#24105 Sep 9, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You may find this interesting, Dave.
http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/09/syria-i...
I was aware of this. George H. Bush used to mention the New World Order in almost every speech that he gave. I only heard George W. mention it one time. I think George W. Bush wanted it kept more hush,hush.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24106 Sep 9, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt that is true - on Right Wing Wacko Planet.
Too bad you can't rebut a single one of those facts that demonstrate conclusively that Right Wingers are astoundingly fiscally irresponsible; completely disregard the lives and safety of our troops; and always try to destroy democracy when they find it "inconvenient", all to redistribute wealth upward to the 1%.
Thankfully, you didn't embarrass yourself further by even trying.
Of course, the Democrats are only slightly better, pretending they are powerless to stop the Right Wing Disaster Machine, while also cashing in their corporate bribes.
Only slightly better, but right now, that's the only alternative permitted by the Right Wing Corporate Media.
Really consider that Cognitive Dissonance problem.
You exist because of government programs. Willard Romney says you, you are part of the useless 47% of Americans who, because you are government dependent, should be shunted aside and disregarded.
Doesn't that let you finally understand that your corporate Gods find you a meaningless pawn, to be wound up and sent forward as a sacrifice for the 1% that does "count" ?
Just wondering.
You have an ASTOUNDING disconnect with reality. Perhaps that is the reason you are such a traitor to this country......you simply don't understand what is going on. At least I hope that is the reason. I certainly hope you don't REALLY hate my country as much as you claim.
I just glanced up and saw the name Romney. Are you kidding me???????? First I had to tell you that Bush has been out of office for FIVE YEARS and NOW you are posting about Romney??????? Okay. Here is something else I guess you haven't determined, yet. ROMNEY is NOT the president. Remember: Obama is the president and you voted for that fool TWICE. Remember now? It's getting more difficult to hide your shame, huh?.

Location hidden

#24107 Sep 9, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That blood must be really sticking to your hands. Well, 5,000 dead Americans is a lot of guilt,( if you had a "guilt" gene."
Destroying a balanced budget and creating a $1,400,000,000,000.00 annual deficit must be hard to explain, for a Right Winger who claims to be "fiscally conservative."
Doubling the national debt and leaving a $6,000.000,000,000.00 additional debt to pay for your wars must be exceedingly difficult to internalize - after all you're "fiscally conservative."
Hey.. I know - let's just pretend Right Wing Wacko Policies aren't always the disasters they are.
As I've stated, you wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you. You must stop listening to all the voices in your head.

Location hidden

#24108 Sep 9, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please contact your union dictator and tell him you need some new material. Thanks.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24109 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GfHSPLW63GgXX
I like Glenn Beck, but whatever anyone's personal opinion of him, this video shows that when he's right, he's right. You cannot deal with people who have that level of barbarity. It just furthers what the video of those seven Syrian govt soldiers being murdered shows about the type of people Obama wants to assist.

Location hidden

#24110 Sep 9, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please contact your union dictator and tell him you need some new material. Thanks.
Excellent advice.

Location hidden

#24111 Sep 9, 2013
Oh, the hypocrisy of the Hollywood Left. Those who were so up in arms about Bush and Iraq are somehow mostly silent about Obama and Syria. They just can't be intellectually honest and criticize decisions that are completely against all they claim to stand for. And why, well according to one outspoken leader of the Hollywood Left, they are worried that any criticism of Obama will be taken as being based in bigotry.
Congratulations Liberals, you've been hoisted on your own petard. You have legitimate grounds to argue with Obama, but you fear you will be labeled a racist regardless of the strength of your argument. The irony would be so sweet, if it weren't such a sterling example of how the Left has managed to stifle the discussion on important issues, with legitimate claims to be made on both sides, due to the Left's knee jerk response that any argument with our President - who happens to be black (sorry, a white African-American )- MUST be based on his skin color. Can't possibly be due to his failed policies - Nah.

"Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.
"A lot of people don't want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama," he said."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syria-w...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24113 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I like Glenn Beck, but whatever anyone's personal opinion of him, this video shows that when he's right, he's right. You cannot deal with people who have that level of barbarity. It just furthers what the video of those seven Syrian govt soldiers being murdered shows about the type of people Obama wants to assist.
Yep, Obama out there all by himself clamoring to assist these folks...

Lawmakers Call for Stronger U.S. Action in Syria
April 28, 2013, 2:03 pm
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/28...

WASHINGTON Republicans on Capitol Hill took President Obama to task Sunday for what they characterized as dangerous inaction in Syria, while Democrats urged the White House to step up its humanitarian response to the two-year-old civil war that has killed 70,000 people and displaced hundreds of thousands more.

The lawmakers comments came after revelations last week that the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, is believed to have used chemical weapons against his own people. On Sunday, several leading Republicans including Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John McCain of Arizona, both of whom are members of the Armed Services Committee used appearances on television talk shows to warn that failure to intervene in Syria would embolden nations like Iran and North Korea.

...So far, the United States has taken limited military steps in Syria but has sent supplies like night-vision goggles and body armor to the rebels fighting the Assad government. Now Mr. Graham, Mr. McCain and others would like the United States to do more, possibly by arming the rebels or establishing a no-fly zone to neutralize Syrias air defense, though they disagreed on the particulars.

Senator Saxby Chambliss, Republican of Georgia, who also serves on the Armed Services Committee, said on Face the Nation that he had spoken last week with King Abdullah II of Jordan about a no-fly zone, while Representative Mike Rogers, the Michigan Republican who is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said lawmakers had received classified information that suggests the Assad government has been using chemical weapons for the past two years.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24114 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Oh, the hypocrisy of the Hollywood Left. Those who were so up in arms about Bush and Iraq are somehow mostly silent about Obama and Syria. They just can't be intellectually honest and criticize decisions that are completely against all they claim to stand for. And why, well according to one outspoken leader of the Hollywood Left, they are worried that any criticism of Obama will be taken as being based in bigotry.
Congratulations Liberals, you've been hoisted on your own petard. You have legitimate grounds to argue with Obama, but you fear you will be labeled a racist regardless of the strength of your argument. The irony would be so sweet, if it weren't such a sterling example of how the Left has managed to stifle the discussion on important issues, with legitimate claims to be made on both sides, due to the Left's knee jerk response that any argument with our President - who happens to be black (sorry, a white African-American )- MUST be based on his skin color. Can't possibly be due to his failed policies - Nah.
"Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.
"A lot of people don't want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama," he said."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syria-w...
I just love it when you post these straw man arguments.

First it's the Hollywood Left, then they're transformed into Liberals and The Left, see how that works. One person is quoted, then begin painting with the widest brush possible.

Here's a clue for all you folks that hate being called racist, stopped sounding like a racist.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24115 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Obama's out there all by himself just clamoring to get involved....

Lawmakers Call for Stronger U.S. Action in Syria
April 28, 2013, 2:03 pm
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/28...

WASHINGTON Republicans on Capitol Hill took President Obama to task Sunday for what they characterized as dangerous inaction in Syria, while Democrats urged the White House to step up its humanitarian response to the two-year-old civil war that has killed 70,000 people and displaced hundreds of thousands more.

The lawmakers comments came after revelations last week that the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, is believed to have used chemical weapons against his own people. On Sunday, several leading Republicans including Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John McCain of Arizona, both of whom are members of the Armed Services Committee used appearances on television talk shows to warn that failure to intervene in Syria would embolden nations like Iran and North Korea.

...So far, the United States has taken limited military steps in Syria but has sent supplies like night-vision goggles and body armor to the rebels fighting the Assad government. Now Mr. Graham, Mr. McCain and others would like the United States to do more, possibly by arming the rebels or establishing a no-fly zone to neutralize Syrias air defense, though they disagreed on the particulars.

Senator Saxby Chambliss, Republican of Georgia, who also serves on the Armed Services Committee, said on Face the Nation that he had spoken last week with King Abdullah II of Jordan about a no-fly zone, while Representative Mike Rogers, the Michigan Republican who is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said lawmakers had received classified information that suggests the Assad government has been using chemical weapons for the past two years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking For Hoo5ier 65 Reason, Season, Mar 26 Luv _ly Minded 1
delphina sumner??? (Jul '10) Mar 25 Just a Local 5
Stop offshore drilling from coming to Georgia Mar 21 nick 2
Booms (Jan '14) Mar 20 Elmer 6
Ghost of Surrency (Jan '11) Mar 17 ashley 15
My family wants to relocate to a section 8 rent... (Jan '11) Mar 16 merry m m 10
Thiokol Mar 4 berry 1
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]