Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24109 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I am posting this video with the hopes that Topix monitors will allow it. It is extremely graphic and if you have a weak stomach don't watch it.
I think it is very important for the American people to see the type of people that the U.S. Government now wants to support in Syria.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GfHSPLW63GgXX
I like Glenn Beck, but whatever anyone's personal opinion of him, this video shows that when he's right, he's right. You cannot deal with people who have that level of barbarity. It just furthers what the video of those seven Syrian govt soldiers being murdered shows about the type of people Obama wants to assist.

Location hidden

#24110 Sep 9, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please contact your union dictator and tell him you need some new material. Thanks.
Excellent advice.

Location hidden

#24111 Sep 9, 2013
Oh, the hypocrisy of the Hollywood Left. Those who were so up in arms about Bush and Iraq are somehow mostly silent about Obama and Syria. They just can't be intellectually honest and criticize decisions that are completely against all they claim to stand for. And why, well according to one outspoken leader of the Hollywood Left, they are worried that any criticism of Obama will be taken as being based in bigotry.
Congratulations Liberals, you've been hoisted on your own petard. You have legitimate grounds to argue with Obama, but you fear you will be labeled a racist regardless of the strength of your argument. The irony would be so sweet, if it weren't such a sterling example of how the Left has managed to stifle the discussion on important issues, with legitimate claims to be made on both sides, due to the Left's knee jerk response that any argument with our President - who happens to be black (sorry, a white African-American )- MUST be based on his skin color. Can't possibly be due to his failed policies - Nah.

"Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.
"A lot of people don't want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama," he said."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syria-w...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24113 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I like Glenn Beck, but whatever anyone's personal opinion of him, this video shows that when he's right, he's right. You cannot deal with people who have that level of barbarity. It just furthers what the video of those seven Syrian govt soldiers being murdered shows about the type of people Obama wants to assist.
Yep, Obama out there all by himself clamoring to assist these folks...

Lawmakers Call for Stronger U.S. Action in Syria
April 28, 2013, 2:03 pm
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/28...

WASHINGTON — Republicans on Capitol Hill took President Obama to task Sunday for what they characterized as dangerous inaction in Syria, while Democrats urged the White House to step up its humanitarian response to the two-year-old civil war that has killed 70,000 people and displaced hundreds of thousands more.

The lawmakers’ comments came after revelations last week that the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, is believed to have used chemical weapons against his own people. On Sunday, several leading Republicans — including Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John McCain of Arizona, both of whom are members of the Armed Services Committee — used appearances on television talk shows to warn that failure to intervene in Syria would embolden nations like Iran and North Korea.

...So far, the United States has taken limited military steps in Syria but has sent supplies like night-vision goggles and body armor to the rebels fighting the Assad government. Now Mr. Graham, Mr. McCain and others would like the United States to do more, possibly by arming the rebels or establishing a no-fly zone to neutralize Syria’s air defense, though they disagreed on the particulars.

Senator Saxby Chambliss, Republican of Georgia, who also serves on the Armed Services Committee, said on “Face the Nation” that he had spoken last week with King Abdullah II of Jordan about a no-fly zone, while Representative Mike Rogers, the Michigan Republican who is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said lawmakers had received classified information that suggests the Assad government has been using chemical weapons for the past two years.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24114 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Oh, the hypocrisy of the Hollywood Left. Those who were so up in arms about Bush and Iraq are somehow mostly silent about Obama and Syria. They just can't be intellectually honest and criticize decisions that are completely against all they claim to stand for. And why, well according to one outspoken leader of the Hollywood Left, they are worried that any criticism of Obama will be taken as being based in bigotry.
Congratulations Liberals, you've been hoisted on your own petard. You have legitimate grounds to argue with Obama, but you fear you will be labeled a racist regardless of the strength of your argument. The irony would be so sweet, if it weren't such a sterling example of how the Left has managed to stifle the discussion on important issues, with legitimate claims to be made on both sides, due to the Left's knee jerk response that any argument with our President - who happens to be black (sorry, a white African-American )- MUST be based on his skin color. Can't possibly be due to his failed policies - Nah.
"Another reason some Hollywood progressives have been reticent to speak out against war in Syria, according to Asner, is fear of being called racist.
"A lot of people don't want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama," he said."
I just love it when you post these straw man arguments.

First it's the Hollywood Left, then they're transformed into Liberals and The Left, see how that works. One person is quoted, then begin painting with the widest brush possible.

Here's a clue for all you folks that hate being called racist, stopped sounding like a racist.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24115 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Obama's out there all by himself just clamoring to get involved....

WASHINGTON — Republicans on Capitol Hill took President Obama to task Sunday for what they characterized as dangerous inaction in Syria, while Democrats urged the White House to step up its humanitarian response to the two-year-old civil war that has killed 70,000 people and displaced hundreds of thousands more.

The lawmakers’ comments came after revelations last week that the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, is believed to have used chemical weapons against his own people. On Sunday, several leading Republicans — including Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John McCain of Arizona, both of whom are members of the Armed Services Committee — used appearances on television talk shows to warn that failure to intervene in Syria would embolden nations like Iran and North Korea.

...So far, the United States has taken limited military steps in Syria but has sent supplies like night-vision goggles and body armor to the rebels fighting the Assad government. Now Mr. Graham, Mr. McCain and others would like the United States to do more, possibly by arming the rebels or establishing a no-fly zone to neutralize Syria’s air defense, though they disagreed on the particulars.

Senator Saxby Chambliss, Republican of Georgia, who also serves on the Armed Services Committee, said on “Face the Nation” that he had spoken last week with King Abdullah II of Jordan about a no-fly zone, while Representative Mike Rogers, the Michigan Republican who is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said lawmakers had received classified information that suggests the Assad government has been using chemical weapons for the past two years.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24116 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
I just love it when you post these straw men....

First it's the Hollywood Left, then they are transformed into all Liberals and The Left. They got a quote from one guy, and the BIG Paint Brush comes out.

All you folks who don't like being called racist, stop sounding like racists.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#24117 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Does anyone really care what the Hollywood pretenders think or do? I don't and you don't.They are highly over paid narcissists that think of the world as a stage and can't tell the difference in fantasy or realism. They are mostly spoiled brats that haven't realized that they are grown up.
Most are afraid of their own shadows and feel so entitled that they are compelled to act as they care about mankind. In reality they are only praising themselves because they really give nothing to mankind but fantasy. Which is actually lies.

Location hidden

#24118 Sep 9, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when you post these straw men....
First it's the Hollywood Left, then they are transformed into all Liberals and The Left. They got a quote from one guy, and the BIG Paint Brush comes out.
All you folks who don't like being called racist, stop sounding like racists.
I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. You completely missed the point. Why is the Hollywood Left afraid of being labeled racist if they criticize Obama - because the Left has made an industry out of accusing any opposition to Obama as being based on his skin color and not on the fact that he is a one of the most far Left presidents it has been this country's misfortune (or stupidity) to elect. But thank you for illustrating my point BEAUTIFULLY.

When the Right opposed Clinton, it was labeled as pure politics, but now that the Democratic president just so happens to be black, it can't possibly be do to politics or principled opposition to his policies - noooo, to the Left it can only be because he is black - that is the shallowness of the Left. Again, thank you for illustrating my point.

Location hidden

#24119 Sep 9, 2013
And to further illustrate the complete absence of any principled stand by many of those on the Left, we have Eleanor Norton Holmes admitting that if she were allowed to vote on Syria, she would vote "yes" not because she believes attacking Syria is the right thing to do - but out of loyalty to Obama.

'Democratic Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton said Tuesday that at the current time, the only reason she would vote in favor of an attack on Syria was out of loyalty to Barack Obama.

Appearing on radio's Bill Press Show, the non-voting delegate from the District of Columbia also said if the President actually gets the votes he needs, "it’ll be because of loyalty of Democrats. They just don’t want to see him shamed and humiliated on the national stage" "

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...

So let's look at that again - it is more important to Democrats to not see Obama "shamed" than it is to make the right decision for this country - got it, just want to make sure we all understand where some Democrats are coming from.

Douglasville, GA

#24120 Sep 9, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Obama's out there all by himself just clamoring to get involved....
You are just another poorly trained Obama excuse maker. Neither you or Obama can seem to get it right. Isn't it hard to try and cover for someone that sets a red line but then didn't set a red line. You see after Obama set the red line, he then decided that he didn't set the red line, that the world set the red line. The guy is a clown and you sound like a clown trying to save your clown hero. Either you will believe anything or you think that the Topix readers will believe anything. Which I am not sure.
Obama is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of The United States of America. You have the nerve to say that he is not the person in charge of all these decisions? That all these other RINO's and Obama henchmen that surround him and people such as yourself, are making him make bad decisions? All of these people are just trying to cover for his incompetence or have agendas of their own which are not good for you, me, or the world.
Wake up and smell the roses before we are all doomed. I swear you are hopeless.

Location hidden

#24121 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone really care what the Hollywood pretenders think or do? I don't and you don't.They are highly over paid narcissists that think of the world as a stage and can't tell the difference in fantasy or realism. They are mostly spoiled brats that haven't realized that they are grown up.
Most are afraid of their own shadows and feel so entitled that they are compelled to act as they care about mankind. In reality they are only praising themselves because they really give nothing to mankind but fantasy. Which is actually lies.
Oh, I absolutely agree, I just find it so amusing that they are being strangled into silence by their own prior idiocy regarding race.
It is the Left that is so obsessed with race. The Right couldn't care less what color you are, it is one's positions on issues that we care about. It is the Left that doesn't allow people of color to have an independent point of view that diverges from the "accepted" opinion - any who dare are attacked, vilified and labeled "race traitors" and worse by the Left. That is true bigotry.

Douglasville, GA

#24122 Sep 9, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when you post these straw man arguments.
First it's the Hollywood Left, then they're transformed into Liberals and The Left, see how that works. One person is quoted, then begin painting with the widest brush possible.
Here's a clue for all you folks that hate being called racist, stopped sounding like a racist.
Sorry Aggie, but I am going to butt in.
Oh My is now playing her last race card. She has emptied the deck and there are no more.
The trick is to try and make you feel guilty that you do not agree with a white-black man. So you should just bend over and let him do whatever he wants or you will be racist. Who cares what people say or the names they call us? Names don't hurt. I am only concerned if they start hitting me.
Oh My is so pathetic that she lashes out at us instead of facing the facts that her hero Obama has made some terrible mistakes. These mistakes could set the world on fire and we could all perish in a big blast. Hopefully it will not come to that.
Face the truth Oh My. This has nothing to do with skin color. It has to do with logic and good decision making. Everything in this world doesn't revolve around race. It might in your life but not in mine.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24123 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
...So let's look at that again - it is more important to Democrats to not see Obama "shamed" than it is to make the right decision for this country - got it, just want to make sure we all understand where some Democrats are coming from.
Yep, same place Republicans come from when they vote the party line.

Nothing new here.

Douglasville, GA

#24124 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I absolutely agree, I just find it so amusing that they are being strangled into silence by their own prior idiocy regarding race.
It is the Left that is so obsessed with race. The Right couldn't care less what color you are, it is one's positions on issues that we care about. It is the Left that doesn't allow people of color to have an independent point of view that diverges from the "accepted" opinion - any who dare are attacked, vilified and labeled "race traitors" and worse by the Left. That is true bigotry.
The left knows that the right only cares about issues. They use the race cad to try to make us sit down and shut up. It is a truly revolting tactic that is used over and over to try and control peoples thoughts and actions. It works on some simple minded people that are afraid what others might think of them, but I think you and I are immune to it. I have always been anti-politically correct and will continue to think for myself.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24125 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just another poorly trained Obama excuse maker. Neither you or Obama can seem to get it right. Isn't it hard to try and cover for someone that sets a red line but then didn't set a red line. You see after Obama set the red line, he then decided that he didn't set the red line, that the world set the red line. The guy is a clown and you sound like a clown trying to save your clown hero. Either you will believe anything or you think that the Topix readers will believe anything. Which I am not sure.
Obama is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of The United States of America. You have the nerve to say that he is not the person in charge of all these decisions? That all these other RINO's and Obama henchmen that surround him and people such as yourself, are making him make bad decisions? All of these people are just trying to cover for his incompetence or have agendas of their own which are not good for you, me, or the world.
Wake up and smell the roses before we are all doomed. I swear you are hopeless.
Hey Big Dufus,

As usual you have a deep seated problem in comprehending what you read. I was responding to a specific comment that implied that Obama was the only political figure wanting to assist the rebels in Syria.

...shows about the type of people Obama wants to assist.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#24126 Sep 9, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Aggie, but I am going to butt in.
Oh My is now playing her last race card. She has emptied the deck and there are no more.
The trick is to try and make you feel guilty that you do not agree with a white-black man. So you should just bend over and let him do whatever he wants or you will be racist. Who cares what people say or the names they call us? Names don't hurt. I am only concerned if they start hitting me.
Oh My is so pathetic that she lashes out at us instead of facing the facts that her hero Obama has made some terrible mistakes. These mistakes could set the world on fire and we could all perish in a big blast. Hopefully it will not come to that.
Face the truth Oh My. This has nothing to do with skin color. It has to do with logic and good decision making. Everything in this world doesn't revolve around race. It might in your life but not in mine.
Hey Big Dufus,

There you go again showing the world that you cannot comprehend what you read.

The article the was quoted by Aggie23 brought race into the conversation, I was simply commenting on it.

Yeah, I'm going to turn to you to school me on "logic and good decision making". Get back to me when you've conquered the comprehension battle.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24127 Sep 9, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
By ignoring every metric of economic and foreign policy available you have created an alternate reality, completely devoid of substantive and objective facts.
Oh, the irony of this post, from this poster.

The post doesn't even merit, "Pot. Kettle. Black."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24128 Sep 9, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Just another 'blast from the past', from the intellectual giant "OMTE"....
Another ironic post...
Now

Phoenix, AZ

#24129 Sep 9, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
And to further illustrate the complete absence of any principled stand by many of those on the Left, we have Eleanor Norton Holmes admitting that if she were allowed to vote on Syria, she would vote "yes" not because she believes attacking Syria is the right thing to do - but out of loyalty to Obama.
'Democratic Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton said Tuesday that at the current time, the only reason she would vote in favor of an attack on Syria was out of loyalty to Barack Obama.
Appearing on radio's Bill Press Show, the non-voting delegate from the District of Columbia also said if the President actually gets the votes he needs, "it’ll be because of loyalty of Democrats. They just don’t want to see him shamed and humiliated on the national stage" "
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
So let's look at that again - it is more important to Democrats to not see Obama "shamed" than it is to make the right decision for this country - got it, just want to make sure we all understand where some Democrats are coming from.

Explains the wonderful run countries in Africa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) May 20 KJay 7
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Apr '16 darienspeedtrap 24
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr '16 David 99
Trump may be doing us a favor Mar '16 JillyJelly 1
megan swantek (Jun '13) Mar '16 yo!! 3
News Report: GOP Leaders Met With Elon Musk, Tim Coo... Mar '16 biten back 1
News Incorporate St. Simons and Sea islands? Yes No (Mar '06) Mar '16 Bii Hilton 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages