Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23513 Aug 28, 2013
No surprises here....

Fox News found to be a major driving force behind global warming denial
American consumers of conservative media like Fox News distrust climate scientists and don't believe the planet is warming
Posted by Dana Nuccitelli
Thursday 8 August 2013
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climat...

A new study published in the journal Public Understanding of Science (PDF available here) surveyed a nationally representative sample of over 1,000 Americans in 2008 and 2011 about their media consumption and beliefs about climate change.

The results suggest that conservative media consumption (specifically Fox News and Rush Limbaugh) decreases viewer trust in scientists, which in turn decreases belief that global warming is happening. In contrast, consumption of non-conservative media (specifically ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NPR, The New York Times, and The Washington Post) increases consumer trust in scientists, and in turn belief that global warming is happening.

The study also examined previous research on this issue and concluded that the conservative media creates distrust in scientists through five main methods:

1) Presenting contrarian scientists as "objective" experts while presenting mainstream scientists as self-interested or biased.

2) Denigrating scientific institutions and peer-reviewed journals.

3) Equating peer-reviewed research with a politically liberal opinion.

4) Accusing climate scientists of manipulating data to fund research projects.

5) Characterizing climate science as a religion.

Media Matters provides examples of Fox News engaging in all five of these tactics. One prime example involves contrarian meteorologist Joe Bastardi, a frequent climate misinformation guest on Fox News who Rolling Stone awarded the #1 dumbest thing ever said about global warming for claiming that CO2 "literally" cannot cause warming because it doesn't "mix well in the atmosphere."

...Moreover, 73 percent of young voters under the age of 35 associate denial of global warming with words like "ignorant," "out-of-touch" or "crazy," including 53 percent of young Republicans. Climate solutions are also growing in popularity due to their real-world success, with British Columbia's revenue-neutral carbon tax enjoying 64 percent support, and California's carbon cap and trade system experiencing 67 percent support.

The question now is how long the Republican Party's global warming denial and obstruction of climate solutions can last in the face of these growing numbers of Americans (including Republicans) demanding climate solutions. Climate misinformation from Fox News and other conservative media outlets may be stemming the tide against climate denial, but the tide is rising, both literally and figuratively.
Where

Jefferson, GA

#23514 Aug 28, 2013
@@
Oh my.

Why have you not addressed my comments below??

You are an Atheist and an Animalist.
You have ism's coming out your ears; all of your prior posts supports this.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23515 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Again, your sorry post is an "eye for an eye."
Which is not Christian teachings.
I do understand it is your teaching, you being a muslim and all.
Perhaps you can point out in the Constitution where it says "an eye for an eye."
This should be interesting.
You continue to lie. You lie about the contents of a post, you lie about my religous affiliation something I've never declared, you lie about the contents of your own post, you post lies on top of lies on top of even more lies.

Here is cited example, it does not mention an eye for an eye, if you were not a sick perverted liar you would know this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
An early example of the Golden Rule that reflects the Ancient Egyptian concept of Maat appears in the story of The Eloquent Peasant, which dates to the Middle Kingdom (c. 2040–1650 BC): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do thus to you."
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#23516 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to lie. You lie about the contents of a post, you lie about my religous affiliation something I've never declared, you lie about the contents of your own post, you post lies on top of lies on top of even more lies.
Here is cited example, it does not mention an eye for an eye, if you were not a sick perverted liar you would know this.
An early example of the Golden Rule that reflects the Ancient Egyptian concept of Maat appears in the story of The Eloquent Peasant, which dates to the Middle Kingdom (c. 2040–1650 BC): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do thus to you."
You're a freakin moron and are nothing but another distraction. Who cares that you're a moron and can't comprehend what you read? Not me and I'm sure the poster you're replying to does't either. The real issue is the needed Impeachment of Obama and the enforcement of our laws on illegal aliens.
Impeach Obama Today and kick out all the illegal aliens TMRW.:)
Informed Opinion

United States

#23517 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't seen anyone explain it. I don't believe anyone understands it, not even the CBO. Especially the 5W dimwit.
They do however understand they will be getting money, and that it will give libroids more money to waste on more useless projects.
It's so entertaining watching Right Wing Wackos squirming so, desperate to conceal they enjoy their deadbeat freeloading.

What do you care how much insurance costs - you won't buy any anyway.

Right Wingers don't pay taxes, don't go to the wars they love to start, and never carry their own weight if they can avoid it.
Informed Opinion

United States

#23519 Aug 28, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing now, following IO's gameplan? SMH. Do you think, if you post the same lies over and over again, that somebody will believe you? Nevermind, that's obvious. Just because YOU are part of the retards, known as muslims, and you morons modeled your fake religion after the Jewish/Christian faith. Doesn't mean they did the same. Your post is as weak and stupid, as your fake religion. Ya dumb muslim.:)
Now, now...

Calm down.

The Thorazine and Xanax are creating a synergistic effect on your already challenged limited intellectual faculties.

You're starting to blubber, and since you generally spew gibberish when attempting to communicate, blubbering complicates an already difficult task.

Relax and walk slowly to the nurses station and tell the nice orderly that you're having problems.

It's alright, on Earth you may not enjoy the ability to interact with intelligent life, but on Right Wing Wacko Planet you are probably a mental giant.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23520 Aug 28, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a freakin moron and are nothing but another distraction. Who cares that you're a moron and can't comprehend what you read? Not me and I'm sure the poster you're replying to does't either. The real issue is the needed Impeachment of Obama and the enforcement of our laws on illegal aliens.
Impeach Obama Today and kick out all the illegal aliens TMRW.:)
You're another liar and moron who posts a link to a fire in Mexico City and declare that it proves illegals are burning down America.

You're so freakin' stoooopid that you post a link to a news story about fires in Idaho and declare that it proves illegals are burning down America.

Who cares what you post, it all the same craploa over and over and over again.

See how much this is.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23522 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your sorry post is an "eye for an eye."
Which is not Christian teachings.
I do understand it is your teaching, you being a muslim and all.
Perhaps you can point out in the Constitution where it says "an eye for an eye."
This should be interesting.
Actually it's in the Old Testament and predates Islam, something you're just too pathetically stooopid to realize.

Exodus 21:
23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Leviticus 24:
19 Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury.

Deuteronomy 19:
18 The judges must make a thorough investigation, and if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against a fellow Israelite, 19 then do to the false witness as that witness intended to do to the other party. You must purge the evil from among you. 20 The rest of the people will hear of this and be afraid, and never again will such an evil thing be done among you. 21 Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#23523 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You're another liar and moron who posts a link to a fire in Mexico City and declare that it proves illegals are burning down America.
You're so freakin' stoooopid that you post a link to a news story about fires in Idaho and declare that it proves illegals are burning down America.
Who cares what you post, it all the same craploa over and over and over again.
See how much this is.
LoL. You are beyond pathetic, ya dumb muslim. Impeach Obama today.:)
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#23524 Aug 28, 2013
Very interesting article.
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/08/27/buyer-bew...
Impeach Obama Today.
Where

Jefferson, GA

#23525 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>

Which one of your lies are we to believe??? I chose none of them….

In your post Post # 23505, above on this page, you add to wiki as you do also with other posts here on topix. Like IO, you tell so many lies, you lose track of which ones you’ve told.

From your post # 23505 above;
“The Code of Hammurabi,(1780 BC),[12] dealt with the reciprocity of the Lex talionis, in ways, such by limiting retribution, as they did concepts of retribution (literally "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.")”

You added the “eye for an eye”, and now claim in this post you never said such.
Where

Jefferson, GA

#23526 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>

Why have you not addressed my comments below??

You are an Atheist and an Animalist.
You have ism's coming out your ears; all of your prior posts supports this.
Where

Jefferson, GA

#23527 Aug 28, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so entertaining watching Right Wing Wackos squirming so, desperate to conceal they enjoy their deadbeat freeloading.
What do you care how much insurance costs - you won't buy any anyway.
Right Wingers don't pay taxes, don't go to the wars they love to start, and never carry their own weight if they can avoid it.

Translation = I love being a 5 watt bulb.
Where

Jefferson, GA

#23528 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's in the Old Testament and predates Islam, something you're just too pathetically stooopid to realize.
Exodus 21:
23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Leviticus 24:
19 Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: 20 fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury.
Deuteronomy 19:
18 The judges must make a thorough investigation, and if the witness proves to be a liar, giving false testimony against a fellow Israelite, 19 then do to the false witness as that witness intended to do to the other party. You must purge the evil from among you. 20 The rest of the people will hear of this and be afraid, and never again will such an evil thing be done among you. 21 Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Predates Islam about 2,000 years. Also is the Jewish religion.

But not part of Christianity.
Where

Jefferson, GA

#23529 Aug 28, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Very interesting article.
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/08/27/buyer-bew...
Impeach Obama Today.

You should have mentioned the headline about Keynesian Economics at that link...

Oh my would have been on it like stink on a skunk, june bug on dung, or dog on a bone.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23530 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>

Your link to my post shows I say NOTHING about your so-called Golden rule or Reciprocity.
The 2 terms are your attempt at subverting what I did say, which is, "The founding Fathers received their knowledge from their Christian forebears and passed that knowledge into the Constitution.“, which is the same as saying “the Constitution contains words and laws that show very strong influence from Christian teachings.”
Your words
The whole of my posts was the Christian teachings of equality that influenced the founding Fathers in the writing of the Constitution.

Your words
The founding Fathers received their knowledge from their Christian forebears and passed that knowledge into the Constitution.
The point that you refuse to acknowledge is that the Founding Fathers were influenced by many sources, some religous, some secular.

I brought the example of the Golden Rule into the conversation to show that the idea of equality is not a strictly Hebrew, or Christian, concept, but a concept that is pervasive across religions. With clear evidence of the concept predating its mention in the Old Testatment.
==========
Your words:
Any knowledge gained from them copy cats known as Psychologist ( maybe you can explain this sorry inclusion as they are not noted for anything), Philosophy, Sociology and Religion, came first from the Bible as all of history shows mankind treat each other as slaves, chattels, and other such ways. And the one thing history teaches us, there was no equality among men, and definitely not among men with women.
If this is true "the one thing history teaches us, there was no equality among men, and definitely not among men with women.", then how did the Founders learn it from Chrisitanity.

And the "sorry inclusion" "from them copy cats" is explained in the very link that you've probably not taken the time to read. But I'll bet that the a good number of the Founding Fathers were aware of these other sources of information.

This concept can be explained from the perspective of psychology, philosophy, sociology and religion. Psychologically, it involves a person empathizing with others. Philosophically, it involves a person perceiving their neighbor as also "an I" or "self."[3][4] Sociologically, this principle is applicable between individuals, between groups, and also between individuals and groups.(For example, a person living by this rule treats all people with consideration, not just members of his or her in-group). Religion is an integral part of the history of this concept.
==========
Please continue to post on this topic as you've shown yourself to a total ignoramous.
Informed Opinion

United States

#23531 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>Translation = I love being a 5 watt bulb.
Wow... Right Wing Wacko World has some confused inhabitants.

It's understandable though.

Travelers who have returned from Right Wing Wacko World report that although generally freeloading deadbeats, the inhabitants there are sometimes,(albeit rarely), required to pay for their own mental health treatment, and,(being freeloading deadbeats), they often skip those sessions with their counselors.

That accounts for their confusion.

Glad I could help.
Informed Opinion

United States

#23532 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>Predates Islam about 2,000 years. Also is the Jewish religion.

But not part of Christianity.
"Predates Islam about 2,000 years. Also is the Jewish religion. But not part of Christianity."

Please.
Is it so damn much to ask that a sentence include a "Subject".
Here on Earth that rule helps makes sentences intelligible.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23533 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of your lies are we to believe??? I chose none of them….
In your post Post # 23505, above on this page, you add to wiki as you do also with other posts here on topix. Like IO, you tell so many lies, you lose track of which ones you’ve told.
From your post # 23505 above;
“The Code of Hammurabi,(1780 BC),[12] dealt with the reciprocity of the Lex talionis, in ways, such by limiting retribution, as they did concepts of retribution (literally "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.")”
You added the “eye for an eye”, and now claim in this post you never said such.
You obviously have a mental impairment that has affected your ability to comprehend the simple concept of reciprocity, and it is now understandable why you are having such difficulties in having a meaningful conversation.

It is obvious that each is the examples I provided are different aspects of the same concept, that of reciprocity.

In the one example, an eye for an eye is an example of do unto others as you have been done to.

In the second example, it is do unto others as you want done to yourself.

Both are examples of reciprocity. This is obviously a concept that is beyond your infeebled capabilities to comprehend.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#23534 Aug 28, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... Right Wing Wacko World has some confused inhabitants.
It's understandable though.
Travelers who have returned from Right Wing Wacko World report that although generally freeloading deadbeats, the inhabitants there are sometimes,(albeit rarely), required to pay for their own mental health treatment, and,(being freeloading deadbeats), they often skip those sessions with their counselors.
That accounts for their confusion.
Glad I could help.
Bless your heart. You must be like this guy. Huh?
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/120...
LoL. Impeach Obama Today. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Oct '17 Joe 56
where in Darien can i use draw net to catch shr... Sep '17 Dvht 3
Jekyll Public Oyster Beds Aug '17 Brief 1
Jennifer aka Snow (Jun '14) Aug '17 Ja nuttz 4
Job Corps info. (Aug '11) Aug '17 Jenforbus 6
Looking Aug '17 Truth 10
are great white sharks in altamahal river ? Aug '17 FLNDN 6

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance