Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
How

Clarkesville, GA

#23091 Aug 23, 2013
find em wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post from a wonderful and reliable news source!! How do you find such great sites that match your beliefs. It kinda reminds me of the pied piper from the children's story, blindly following to their death.
Well ugly eve, your news sources are suspect also. Follow your leader!!
How

Clarkesville, GA

#23092 Aug 23, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Ya dumb queer muslim. I don't want to kill the police. My link, showed officers assaulting peaceful protestors, by the police, in America, on camera. These people were doing nothing, but exercising their first amendment right, as I am.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/big-brother-cops-c...
I only want Obama impeached and the lobbyists removed from Washington. You just try and twist the truth, or suggest someone is out to get somebody, so you can try and report them. You worship Obama. You have to, to ignore how he's destoying this country.
But, I will say this. If.... Congress moves to impeach Obama and it incites a revolution. I will volunteer to fight against Obama and his muslims. You can tell him I said that personally, if you'd like. IMPEACH OBAMA TODAY

His post is just the typical libroid twisting of reality. They cant help it, it's an imprint from birth.

former resident

Decatur, GA

#23093 Aug 23, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>
While I understand your sentiments, I disagree.
Employers, whether large or small, offer health insurance in what is known as a "compensation package" that includes salary, health insurance, vacations, life insurance, sick days, etc.
Employers base their compensation packages according to their ability to pay such in order to attract desired dedicated employees. Naturally small employers offer less than larger employers due to cost.
Starting in the 90's, employers offered higher salaries with less healthcare cost to offset the companies expense of rising healthcare costs.
As for Obamacare, insurance costs will go up. There have been many posts by other posters with links to back up this statement. Also Obamacare is causing many employers to reduce man hours worked because the companies cannot afford to pay for Obamacare, including many local government entities.
In essence, many will be forced into Obamacare and will need to pay for their own healthcare individually, "without" employers assistance. And more, not less, who cannot afford Obamacare will continue to use hospital emergency care as their primary source of healthcare.
If you have been reading this thread, you will have noticed there are many who were in favor of Obamacare, who are now screaming to get out of it, and some have within the D.C. gubmint workers.
Insurance costs are already skyrocketing. Over the past 25 years, my own have quadrupled, and that is with a big company. If big companies are facing increasing costs, what is happening to the costs for the self employed, or those with small companies? What is wrong with paying for our own healthcare individually if we need to? I have been doing that for 25 years, because of my own unique situation. I make it a priority to pay it, regardless of other bills. I need access to it. I just believe all need to get ACCESS to healthcare at an affordable price. There are self employed folks who are paying double what I pay. That does nothing to helping to start a business, and in this economy we need to be encouraging more to start businesses. Requiring healthcare will help reduce our welfare rolls, and encourage self employment. That should be a "conservative's dream".
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#23094 Aug 23, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
What's most amazing is:
-anything that's good for them and most Americans - they're against.
- anything that's good for their corporate masters and the überrich - they're for.
good points...and shame on me. I guess conservatives really are a little more complex than the one cell amebae that I painted them to be.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#23095 Aug 23, 2013
New pic of Oh my, IO, Jeb, and Dehlonega.:(
http://www.reformation.org/en-4-apocalypse-ho...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#23096 Aug 23, 2013
find em wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post from a wonderful and reliable news source!! How do you find such great sites that match your beliefs. It kinda reminds me of the pied piper from the children's story, blindly following to their death.
Guess he doesn't want to talk about it. Whatever "it" is. Oh, well, whatever. Maybe I read his/intent wrong. Just going with a gut feeling.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#23097 Aug 23, 2013
former resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance costs are already skyrocketing. Over the past 25 years, my own have quadrupled, and that is with a big company. If big companies are facing increasing costs, what is happening to the costs for the self employed, or those with small companies? What is wrong with paying for our own healthcare individually if we need to? I have been doing that for 25 years, because of my own unique situation. I make it a priority to pay it, regardless of other bills. I need access to it. I just believe all need to get ACCESS to healthcare at an affordable price. There are self employed folks who are paying double what I pay. That does nothing to helping to start a business, and in this economy we need to be encouraging more to start businesses. Requiring healthcare will help reduce our welfare rolls, and encourage self employment. That should be a "conservative's dream".
Somebody's living in Lala Land!!!
How

Clarkesville, GA

#23098 Aug 23, 2013
former resident wrote:
<quoted text>

I understand everyones need to have healthcare, the question is not who needs it, the question is who can afford it. Obamacare price numbers are not what was promised not does it do what was promised. By companies and groups opting out by reductions in work hours, the numbers will increase who CANNOT afford Obamacare. Why should young health people pay for Obamacare when it is not needed?? and not be penalized for not taking it if they do their tax returns where they owe no federal taxes??

Again I'm having trouble following your logic. How will Obamacare reduce the welfare rolls, if anything it will increase the welfare rolls. Most welfare folks have medicaid, and dont pay for it. Any and all folks without healt insurance are expected to help pay for Obamacare, no matter their share cost. While everyone, including the low wage earners, are expected to pay for their obamacare healthcare cost each month, they dont get the tax credit until the following year when filing their tax returns, and even then they dont get back all they pay in, excluding their cost share and their deductibles.

The only ones who make out with obamacare are the insurance companies, and many healthcare providers will not be accepting the Bronze plans at all, only hospitals receiving federal funds for operations.

How

Clarkesville, GA

#23099 Aug 23, 2013
OMTE wrote:

Yep!

LOL :)
How

Clarkesville, GA

#23100 Aug 23, 2013
Topsy turvey world of home sales....

"Stock market waffles after big drop in home sales"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WAL...

Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#23101 Aug 23, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Oh Nooooooooooooooo!!!! lol
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#23102 Aug 23, 2013
How wrote:
Topsy turvey world of home sales....
"Stock market waffles after big drop in home sales"
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WAL...
The guy in the picture looks like "What the Hell". It was just the opposite yesterday." Lol!!!!
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#23103 Aug 23, 2013
OMTE wrote:
who or where in the hell is "Dehlonega"? just sayin', LMAO

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#23104 Aug 23, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>
That should read "you doth protest too much says Queen Gertrude."
*laughing* Yes! I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

Location hidden

#23105 Aug 23, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
He wanted the taxpayers to pay for his surgery. He got shut down in regard to that. The taxpayers will have to pay for his hormones. What a sorry individual.
Just heard a different report. Supposedly, taxpayers aren't going to pay for any of it as we shouldn't. The timing of that whole thing is purely weird.

Location hidden

#23106 Aug 23, 2013
How wrote:
"Obama: Syria attack a 'big event of grave concern'"
""This is something that is going to require America's attention," Obama said during an interview broadcast Friday."
Wow!! something that grabs his attention instead of golf, vacations, and traveling around the country spreading his BS.
Seems like I've heard this before from the president; many, many times.
Sehttp://hosted.ap.org/dynamic /stories/U/US_OBAMA_SYRIA?SITE =AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-08- 23-08-03-08
His handlers corralled him and told him he had to at least ACT interested. I can hear the libroids now....."Wow! What a great leader!" L&SH
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#23107 Aug 23, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>who or where in the hell is "Dehlonega"? just sayin', LMAO
LMAO. I gotta go for a few minutes. I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

Location hidden

#23109 Aug 23, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks you hath no sense of humor.
Me thinks you don't KNOW humor. Me thinks you are too mad.

Location hidden

#23110 Aug 23, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmmm,
this is a really tough one,
who has more credence...
The findings of bunches of really smart scientists tackling a complex problem with hundreds of variables,
OR
a couple of discredited posters on Topix.
OBVIOUSLY, your last sentence is in reference to you and IO.(You went out for that one, Oh My.)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#23111 Aug 23, 2013
former resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The better answer, IMO, is based on much of what you said. Employers should not be in the business of offering healthcare at all. Prior to WWII, people were responsible for their own healthcare. When FDR put price freezes on wages, employers started offering healthcare as a way to attract employees while not breaking the wage cap - another unintended consequence of govt inference. As a result, now that most healthcare is offered by employers it is difficult for individuals and the self employed to find affordable insurance. They don't have the negotiating power of the big employers and the rates that are set by the insurance company are set high as a negotiating tool with the big employers. There is a place for limited government regulation - and this would be one of them, again IMO. Take employers out of the healthcare business, put it back in the hands of the individuals, make insurance companies compete for the business. AND have individuals get back in the mindset of paying for their own office visits, prescriptions, etc. and let health insurance go back to covering what they were originally intended for - catastrophic illness and accident. And watch healthcare costs plummet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nasty woman. you've been warned. Feb 18 Farrell Landon 2
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Feb 16 Well now 32
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Feb 15 Blue 1,221
i-95 accident (Mar '09) Feb 10 GodsPrincess2939 6
immigration issues Jan 30 Heywood 1
Brunswick for a family (Feb '16) Jan '17 Anonymous 3
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jan '17 Anonymous 29

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages