|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, a tirade coming on ......
You just hit the "pseudo-patriots" where it hurts.
They don't want the best for all Americans, they want the best for them.
Never, ever ask them to sacrifice for their country, that's for others. They have literally convinced themselves that their own democratically elected government cannot legitimately call on them to pay their fair share, since real Americans don't contribute to America, they take.
That's why they love Reagan - while he amassed deficit after deficit, he never called on Americans to sacrifice anything for anyone.
That's why they love Bush, while he destroyed the Constitution, amassed huge deficits and doubled the debt, started three wars, and after allowing the greatest terror success against America in history, he bravely called on all Americans to come to the aid of the country by .... going shopping.
The new tax bill will make me and my family pay higher taxes. So what, I'm doing OK and, as a true patriots should, we'll pay higher taxes to help us get out of the financial debacle Bush the 2nd created. That's what real patriots do.
And every step of the way, the wealthiest and whiniest will try to convince those with the poorest, that making the rich even richer is the priority. Amazingly, to a great extent, it will work.
Hey, at least it's amusing to read rationales as to why people who live off incomes from billion dollar inheritances should only pay 15% and the rest of us "suckers" should pay twice that tax rate.
Specifically whom are you referring to me as a "pseudo-patriot"?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
CONGESS voted to let the 2% "tax holiday" expire on 01/01/13 when they originally passed the bill - NOT the President.
His watch.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is true. You and the rest of the liberals who are delusional about that are contributing to keeping people down. Self fullfilling prophesy. Explains a lot.
Yeah, everyone can afford to go to an Ivy League school, or at least a state institution. Everyone has parents who are connected, to insure a high-paying job on graduation. Everyone has the same talent. Everyone can afford to start a business. Everyone has the cash needed to start a business. Everyone has parents who are attentive to their development. Everyone lives in a nice house. Everyone....

Everyone IS created equal, at birth. After that, all bets are off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

- me in post 2236
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
REGARDLESS of to whom you were born, if you were born in the U.S., once you became old enough to make your own decisions, YOUR FATE was in YOUR hands. Are you SERIOUSLY handing out excuses such as what you posted? Oh, brother. You ARE kidding, right? PLEASE say that you are kidding.
It is actually possible to have read the post and commented without any reference at all to the factors identified in it that effect each and every one of our lives.

Sadly, when the wheels of fate turn against you or yours, you will come to understand that unless you happen to be a god, fate, luck, and chance plays an important, if not dispositive role in your life.

You can prepare to maximize the possibilities life gives to you, but you cannot control to whom you were born, whether they are rich or poor, whether your IQ is 80 or 120, whether you're born handicapped, whether you have physical or mental disease or injuries, whether your family members become ill or injured, whether you daddy can get you into Princeton as a "legacy", or a job at Goldman Sachs where he keeps his millions, and on and on.

Well, mere mortals can't, maybe Gods can.

Just for fun here's another study debunking the myth of equal opportunity and upward mobility:

The downward path of upward mobility
By Fareed Zakaria,November 09, 2011

The most comprehensive comparative study, done last year by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, found that “upward mobility from the bottom”— Daniels’s definition — was significantly lower in the United States than in most major European countries, including Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and Denmark. Another study, by the Institute for the Study of Labor in Germany in 2006, uses other metrics and concludes that “the U.S. appears to be exceptional in having less rather than more upward mobility.”
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
His watch.
And using your rather twisted sense of logic, that trumps truth?
Galactic Nacho

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

The current Supremo Commandante wishes he could tell Congressional Perros what to do.

He can't. You norteamericanas should know this! Poster must be as stupid as the Gadsden purchase. Stinky like el dedo gordo del pie .
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Never, ever ask them to sacrifice for their country, that's for others. They have literally convinced themselves that their own democratically elected government cannot legitimately call on them to pay their fair share, since real Americans don't contribute to America, they take.
That's why they love Reagan - while he amassed deficit after deficit, he never called on Americans to sacrifice anything for anyone.
That's why they love Bush, while he destroyed the Constitution, amassed huge deficits and doubled the debt, started three wars, and after allowing the greatest terror success against America in history, he bravely called on all Americans to come to the aid of the country by .... going shopping.
The new tax bill will make me and my family pay higher taxes. So what, I'm doing OK and, as a true patriots should, we'll pay higher taxes to help us get out of the financial debacle Bush the 2nd created. That's what real patriots do.
And every step of the way, the wealthiest and whiniest will try to convince those with the poorest, that making the rich even richer is the priority. Amazingly, to a great extent, it will work.
Hey, at least it's amusing to read rationales as to why people who live off incomes from billion dollar inheritances should only pay 15% and the rest of us "suckers" should pay twice that tax rate.
you bet i did,and i'm not through with them yet.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
His watch.
who was on watch on 9/11?or maybe i should ask who should have been?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, everyone can afford to go to an Ivy League school, or at least a state institution. Everyone has parents who are connected, to insure a high-paying job on graduation. Everyone has the same talent. Everyone can afford to start a business. Everyone has the cash needed to start a business. Everyone has parents who are attentive to their development. Everyone lives in a nice house. Everyone....
Everyone IS created equal, at birth. After that, all bets are off.
The OPPORTUNITY is there. Whether you take advantage or not is STRICTLY up to you.
I guess you've never heard of scholarships?. The opportunity is THERE.
So, you think everyone who has a high paying job have that job because their parents are connected???? Why don't you approach some of those people with the high paying jobs and tell them your thoughts on that. lol
Everyone can afford to start a business.....if they are willing to make the sacrifices necessary. The opportunity is THERE. I've known SEVERAL people who have gone into business and they most assuredly weren't rich NOR did their parents set them up.
Everyone has parents who are attentive......I know people who have brought themselves out of their childhood situation and became very successful. I'm sure you do, too.
It's truly sad that you can come up with all the excuses that people typically hear from those who are just too lazy, undisciplined or unambitious to make their lives better. It's just EASIER to come up with excuses. You proved it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>who was on watch on 9/11?or maybe i should ask who should have been?
AND Bush got blamed for it. What's your point? You're blaming him, right? You are blaming all of the debt we have NOW on Bush. You are blaming the state of the economy on Bush. Checkmate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It is actually possible to have read the post and commented without any reference at all to the factors identified in it that effect each and every one of our lives.
Sadly, when the wheels of fate turn against you or yours, you will come to understand that unless you happen to be a god, fate, luck, and chance plays an important, if not dispositive role in your life.
You can prepare to maximize the possibilities life gives to you, but you cannot control to whom you were born, whether they are rich or poor, whether your IQ is 80 or 120, whether you're born handicapped, whether you have physical or mental disease or injuries, whether your family members become ill or injured, whether you daddy can get you into Princeton as a "legacy", or a job at Goldman Sachs where he keeps his millions, and on and on.
Well, mere mortals can't, maybe Gods can.
Just for fun here's another study debunking the myth of equal opportunity and upward mobility:
The downward path of upward mobility
By Fareed Zakaria,November 09, 2011
The most comprehensive comparative study, done last year by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, found that “upward mobility from the bottom”— Daniels’s definition — was significantly lower in the United States than in most major European countries, including Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and Denmark. Another study, by the Institute for the Study of Labor in Germany in 2006, uses other metrics and concludes that “the U.S. appears to be exceptional in having less rather than more upward mobility.”
Know why? Because we make it possible for people to live off the government and not have to put forth any effort. It's just too easy to make excuses and take the easy way out. You are smart enough to know that.
I always heard the U.S. is the land of opportunity. Instead I'm reading posts full of excuses. I guess I had it confused with Bangladesh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
And using your rather twisted sense of logic, that trumps truth?
Using your lopsided left wing political indoctrination, it's ALL Bush's fault. Look! Your man won. Relax and enjoy.:)

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for a level playing field. You?
That's very broad. What do you mean by "level playing field"?
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very broad. What do you mean by "level playing field"?
You pay, say, 25% on your total gross income, I pay 25% on my total gross income, no loopholes, no special breaks, no "fancy" accounting. Fair enough? ;o)
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your lopsided left wing political indoctrination, it's ALL Bush's fault. Look! Your man won. Relax and enjoy.:)
Bush hasn't got anything to do with this. It's your insistence that everything, like spending, that happens on a President's "watch" is his "fault."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I rather doubt you're paying "twice that rate". Doubtful you could even figure it out, based upon your previous tax related postings...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>who was on watch on 9/11?or maybe i should ask who should have been?
How many opportunities did the POTUSA prior to W have to get Bin Laden?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
You pay, say, 25% on your total gross income, I pay 25% on my total gross income, no loopholes, no special breaks, no "fancy" accounting. Fair enough? ;o)
OK, I'll play along. What rate do retired folks pay living on SS?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not paying 25% now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun '14 Shining Electron 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••