Caring

Albany, GA

#1094 Mar 30, 2014
BritBoy wrote:
caring wrote
'Sometimes justice is not about the cost it takes to bring it but is more about bringing true justice to the victims who deserve nothing less..........no matter the cost'.
You have just highlighted my point that the death penalty is purely used for revenge. You label it as justice but anyone with a brain cn see that your definition of justice is revenge.
You don't have to resort in trying to insult my intelligence level in order to get your point across. My intelligence is just fine and very much intact.

One's argument is lost when all they have left is to insult someone who doesn't have the same like opinion.

I tell you what. You worry about your own justice system, and we will continue to uphold , honor, and respect the laws that govern our own criminal justice system. We don't give a damn about your system or for that matter what the Brits 'think' about our justice system.
BritBoy

Croydon, UK

#1095 Mar 30, 2014
Caring wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to resort in trying to insult my intelligence level in order to get your point across. My intelligence is just fine and very much intact.
One's argument is lost when all they have left is to insult someone who doesn't have the same like opinion.
I tell you what. You worry about your own justice system, and we will continue to uphold , honor, and respect the laws that govern our own criminal justice system. We don't give a damn about your system or for that matter what the Brits 'think' about our justice system.
American Judicial system = everyone we believe that murder is wrong so to show everyone that murder is wrong we are going to murder people who commit murder.
Brit girl

Milton Keynes, UK

#1096 Mar 30, 2014
I watched 'life on death row' & am torn on what to think. One thing I do believe that if this happened in England he would never of been found guilty on that poor evidence! It probably wouldn't of even got to court. I wouldn't like to be tried in America!!!!
Jel

Glenrothes, UK

#1097 Mar 31, 2014
Misplaced..........
Have you spoken to guy at all? Has he stated his innocence and any likely suspects? It's too brutal surely for him to have no idea who did it if he didn't.
Jel

Glenrothes, UK

#1098 Mar 31, 2014
Ok I have just finished a marathon of reading brought on by the documentary and asked the previous question before finishing the thread.i have never read one before. I had to laugh though when caring resorted to what a lot of Americans do and threw her toys out the pram when she wasn't winning a despute. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and the right to voice it. Just because it is not the same as yours does not mean its wrong and perhaps if people could just accept that, the world would be a better place.
normal person

London, UK

#1099 Mar 31, 2014
There is no way he did it, the grounds for his arrest let alone his conviction were ludicrous.
Local Ga Gal

Townsend, GA

#1100 Mar 31, 2014
normal person wrote:
There is no way he did it, the grounds for his arrest let alone his conviction were ludicrous.

The evidence (or the lack of) points out that they just had no body else to point the finger at. I feel for his family and the others though I am not exactly family nor have I met him, but just the same I know his defense lawyers and all involved in trying to help and we all were with heavy hearts when we heard. I still don't believe he had anything to do with any of this.
Kelly

Yeovil, UK

#1101 Apr 1, 2014
Guilty wrote:
You continue to be a font of ignorance and arrogance. Haynes execution was stayed for a lower court to review a procedural issue.
Haynes committed a string of armed robberies that night before he murdered Off. Kincaid. He confessed that he shot him because he was a police officer and bragged to his friends that he shot a cop. He also told people that he should have killed Kincaid's wife so there would have been no witnesses. After the murder, he partied. But to fools like you that was just a "mistake."
He did not come from a "good" home but a a home where the parents just kept giving him shit even though he was threatening everyone at school, attacked his baby sister, pulled a gun on his father, tried to kill the family dog, etc. He's a sociopath and he's the same sociopath today as he was before they locked his murdering ass up.
**psychopath**.....
Kelly

Yeovil, UK

#1102 Apr 1, 2014
Defence claimed no shred of DNA other than Guys and that of the residence was discovered....true. Because they didn't search. It's hard to 'find' evidence without searching for or collecting it. The investigation was deeply floored. It was mishandled and nothing can be done about that. But that is the fault of the police and without evidence the conviction lays on suspicion alone. It is not justice if the very core principle 'innocent until proven guilty' is disregarded. It seems the law itself is above the law. I cannot say that he is innocent, but neither can you prove that he is guilty. People are weak and corruptible. I feel the jury was filled with weak people led by the extreme. I'm thinking though, if Guy could manage all that single headedly over a series of hours then he must have super powers and will therefore free himself from Jail.
Kelly

Yeovil, UK

#1103 Apr 1, 2014
Also, to those who have said they know more about the trial as they followed it and that we are being ignorantly swayed by the BBC I will say that
1) A lot of the media/news channels that fed you your details over there were on a witch hunt and were 'biased' as you say the BBC were.
2) The press who sat in the courtroom and REALLY saw what went on were incredulous! They were there. They thought it was a shocking result. What do you say to that?
Melissa

Bromsgrove, UK

#1104 Apr 1, 2014
I think when even the press showed how disgusted they were it proved what absolute miscarriage of justice it was! Absolute disgrace! An the the police department who were meant of collected evidence should all be sacked as they didn't do what they should of, I'm just glad our law isn't as corrupt as this. What a mess!. So glad it has been brought to light and people can c what mess they've made! It's quite clear 1 man couldn't if done this! Bless guy Tyler and there grandma! Ur all in our thoughts!
Caring

Albany, GA

#1105 Apr 1, 2014
normal person wrote:
LOL! O sure he didn't do it. LOL! He was just willing to plea to 8 consecutive life sentences without parole because he wanted to be locked up for the rest of his life. lol

Oh and he was soooooooooo innocent that he was also willing to spend FOUR YEARS locked up in jail before the trial even began... when he could have had his trial in 6 months after being charged.

Innocent my arse. Even he knows he is not innocent.

Since: May 08

Philadelphia, PA

#1106 Apr 1, 2014
Caring wrote:
I respect anyone's rights to believe as they wish to believe. However; through the many years of debate with the anti-death penalty advocates some puzzling things remain consistent. Things I do not understand nor will never understand the logic behind them.
1. Anti-death penalty advocates seem to have little or absolutely no sympathy/empathy for the victims themselves.
2. I also notice that the excuses for the murderer are unlimited and flow like water. All of a sudden having a 'bad childhood' becomes an excuse somehow.
3. Another thing I do not understand is the ADP will rise up in protest to an execution of a man or woman who has done the most horrendous things to human beings imaginable. One who has only brought pain and misery on others. But they NEVER rise up in great protests that these kind of murderers take so many innocent lives, senselessly, and needlessly and a lot of times just for the hell of it.
4. The ADP groups say ... they think the DP is done out of revenge. In truth it has nothing to do with revenge, and everything to do with what society believes is just punishment for the individual that rises above the level of what society is willing to accept.
6. And just let the DR inmate get religion AFTER they are sent to death row. For example: Clara Faye Tucker found God while in prison ...[but] she hacked people to death with an axe....
That is my one regret about the Heinz case. He so richly deserved death, and nothing less, but I am not surprised he took the cowardly way out instead.
Hey, evidently I missed the party! Didn't even know he was on trial, for gosh sakes! I just want to put my 2-cents in about the death penalty. Yes, some people are just irrevocably evil and many would say they deserve to die for their crimes. And, yes, most people who've had a relative murdered, especially a child, want to see that murderer dead.

However, in the past few years, DNA has proven so many people on death row innocent. My problem with the death penalty is that if even ONE innocent person is executed, it's too many. I get really ticked off when I see crime stories about murderers in the UK who, as Britgirl says, are only sentenced to 20 or so years in jail. There doesn't seem to be a life sentence there.

Now, the problem with OUR justice system is that life doesn't always mean life, unless it's stated "without parole." So where do we go with this?

I also don't agree that a person's poor or abusive upbringing should be a defense to horrible crimes. Plenty of people have poor and abuse upbringings and don't murder people.

We ARE the only "civilized" nation that still has the death penalty, which gives me pause.
I am also one of those those not so sure Heinz is guilty, but neither am I sure he's innocent. So, there it is. As the King of Siam said, "'Tis a puzzlement."

Philadelphia, PA

#1107 Apr 1, 2014
And, oh, yeah, remember I come from the city where people have made a martyr out of a cop killer. France even named a street after the wretch who shall be nameless, found bending over the body with the murder weapon.

Do I want to see him dead? Yesirree! But not at the expense of an innocent person being executed. Let him rot in jail.

Philadelphia, PA

#1108 Apr 1, 2014
Also, could someone fill me in on the antics of this "stealth" juror who was dismissed? Why, if he misbehaved during the trial, wasn't he chastised or removed earlier?
daisy

Herne Bay, UK

#1109 Apr 1, 2014
How can people say he is guilty.

You will never know if he or isn't due to the poor evidence the corruption and the fact that police just wanted someone to blame to make people feel safe

One thing is for sure it is physically impossible for him to have made these murders alone
talleigh

Leeds, UK

#1110 Apr 1, 2014
I dont believe for one second that he's guilty, personally. However that's far from the point, the point is is that he did not receive a fair trial and there was not sufficient evidence against him. The case as it stood should never have made it to court. Had the case not been as horrific as it was people would not stand for such vague evidence to be used to incarcerate someone. People should be outraged and scared that charges and convictions can be dealt out so readily and easily meaning anyone one of you could get imprisoned for a crime you didn't commit!
Guy, if not for the replacement of a jury member could now be on death row based on the facts of this case. And that absolutely appals me! The death penalty is a barbaric, archaic, un-evolved, hypocritical, out of date retribution focused form of punishment which has no place in a civilised society. It disgusts me that this is still in place in a so called developed country and even more so that the level of evidence needed to assign such a punishment to an individual is so minuscule.
#FREEGUYHIENZE!!!!
Caring

Albany, GA

#1111 Apr 1, 2014
daisy wrote:
How can people say he is guilty.
You will never know if he or isn't due to the poor evidence the corruption and the fact that police just wanted someone to blame to make people feel safe
One thing is for sure it is physically impossible for him to have made these murders alone
Oh baloney. That simply isn't true and is nothing but biased propaganda.

It is not only possible but he isn't even the first one to ever do this ALONE.

The only difference in the two bludgeoning mass murder cases is Woolfork murdered nine of his family members and Heinz murdered seven and attempted to murder a three year old boy.

The most infamous crime in nineteenth-century Georgia occurred in Bibb County, about twelve miles west of Macon, in the early morning hours of August 6, 1887, when Tom Woolfolk (pronounced WUHL-fork) murdered NINE members of his family with an ax.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/h...

Where is the proof that there was corruption? Were are the charges to support your unfounded allegations? Where is your proof that he was arrested only because the local police need to arrest someone? You do realize that the GBI was also an investigating agency.

When was that investigation done and by whom? Did the Georgia State Attorney General for the Department of Justice do an investigation? They are now doing one in Valdosta Georgia concerning Kendrick Johnson's suspicious death and how the local LE handle it. So don't tell me the state wouldn't come in and do a DOJ investigation in Brunswick because they would. They aren't loyal to any local jurisdiction.

Talk is cheap. Show me the proof of corruption and that they just wanted to blame poor little Guy for the crime?

They didn't even arrested him for the murders/attempted murder until 8 days later when they got one piece of the evidence back from the GBI forensic lab that had expedited. And none of the testing was done by the local LE. It all was sent to Atlanta, 300 miles away... to the State GBI lab.
talleigh

Leeds, UK

#1112 Apr 2, 2014
Caring wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh baloney. That simply isn't true and is nothing but biased propaganda.
It is not only possible but he isn't even the first one to ever do this ALONE.
The only difference in the two bludgeoning mass murder cases is Woolfork murdered nine of his family members and Heinz murdered seven and attempted to murder a three year old boy.
The most infamous crime in nineteenth-century Georgia occurred in Bibb County, about twelve miles west of Macon, in the early morning hours of August 6, 1887, when Tom Woolfolk (pronounced WUHL-fork) murdered NINE members of his family with an ax.
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/h...
Where is the proof that there was corruption? Were are the charges to support your unfounded allegations? Where is your proof that he was arrested only because the local police need to arrest someone? You do realize that the GBI was also an investigating agency.
When was that investigation done and by whom? Did the Georgia State Attorney General for the Department of Justice do an investigation? They are now doing one in Valdosta Georgia concerning Kendrick Johnson's suspicious death and how the local LE handle it. So don't tell me the state wouldn't come in and do a DOJ investigation in Brunswick because they would. They aren't loyal to any local jurisdiction.
Talk is cheap. Show me the proof of corruption and that they just wanted to blame poor little Guy for the crime?
They didn't even arrested him for the murders/attempted murder until 8 days later when they got one piece of the evidence back from the GBI forensic lab that had expedited. And none of the testing was done by the local LE. It all was sent to Atlanta, 300 miles away... to the State GBI lab.
Are you really comparing these two murders?!... Its not about how many people were killed but the way in which they were killed...
Woolfolk.... Tom's father, fifty-four; Tom's stepmother, forty-one; their six children, Richard Jr., twenty; Pearl, seventeen; Annie, ten; Rosebud, seven; Charlie, five; and baby Mattie, eighteen months; and Mrs. Temperance West, eighty-four
3 adults 1 teen 3 children and an old lady... with an ax!!
Heinze family.... 1 child, 1 teen and 7 adults of which 5 were men... who suffered in total more that 220 wounds!!!... Thats not a quick, quiet or easy thing to do especially when evidence of people fighting back was observed..
Two compare the two cases and all they entail just because of the number of victims is quite frankly ridiculous.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1113 Apr 2, 2014
talleigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really comparing these two murders?!... Its not about how many people were killed but the way in which they were killed...
Woolfolk.... Tom's father, fifty-four; Tom's stepmother, forty-one; their six children, Richard Jr., twenty; Pearl, seventeen; Annie, ten; Rosebud, seven; Charlie, five; and baby Mattie, eighteen months; and Mrs. Temperance West, eighty-four
3 adults 1 teen 3 children and an old lady... with an ax!!
Heinze family.... 1 child, 1 teen and 7 adults of which 5 were men... who suffered in total more that 220 wounds!!!... Thats not a quick, quiet or easy thing to do especially when evidence of people fighting back was observed..
Two compare the two cases and all they entail just because of the number of victims is quite frankly ridiculous.
Of course it is comparable. You just want to ignore the fact that both mass murders took place during the middle of the night while everyone was sleeping, and totally unaware of the monster inside of their home. And no one knew the sleeping habits and locations better than Woolfuk or Heinz Jr.

So what? Pam Vitale, like so many others was also bludgeoned to death in the same manner, and she was stuck almost 40 times. She was still dead as could be though, and long before the other blows were needed to cause severe brain injury. Which btw can be rendered with one horrific forceful blow to the head which all of the Heinz' victims received. Nothing was stopping Heinz in his murderous rage from hitting them over, and over again, even though it wasn't necessary, because they were already died or dying when struck the first time.

I have never read about any bludgeoning case where there wasn't multiple upon multiple blows to the victim(s).

And no it wasn't 5 men. And he killed 7 and attempted to murder Byron. Ms. Flanigan was the sister of Rusty Tolar and she was wheelchair bound due to a recent stroke. Michael was a mentally challenged teen. All the adult men murdered where no match for GHJ. They were all skinny, lightweight men, except Joe who was way overweight, and was found laying face down on the pallet he always slept on in their bedroom. Mr. Heinz Sr. never moved. His horrific injuries were to the side of his skull like he would be if he was sleeping on his side when attacked and died right there.

And I don't know where you get that they ALL had defensive ones. That must come from Heinz' attorney and more misinformation. lol The GBI-ME who actually testified said only ONE may have possibly had defensive wound and that was Ms. Flanigan who had a bone broken in her hand.. Even Rusty Tolar had no defensive wounds and dropped before he could get out of the room. The ME testified that all but one (Michael) was found in their own bedrooms where they all slept on either pallets or beds. That is where they found Bryon alive. In his own bedroom with his mother and her boyfriend.

You do realize that the defense team NEVER called another ME/expert to the stand to refute anything the state ME said, don't you? The reasons are obvious. He knew no reputable expert would go along with his dog and pony show and he knew it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
considering moving to the Brunswick area 14 hr I used to live there 6
Anyone know? Apr 21 Snuffy 1
News Student faces weapons charge Tyler Heinze, 17, ... (Mar '11) Apr 15 UKk 19
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Apr 14 me2youlol 8
Miles Crews Apr 12 SumYungGuy 2
US DEPARTMENT Of Labor are worst scum We have i... Apr 1 SAY NOTHING 1
Looking For Hoo5ier 65 Reason, Season, Mar 26 Luv _ly Minded 1
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE