Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr.

Since: Oct 10

Edinburgh, UK

#1033 Oct 26, 2013
lol review, oops
bleeding heart not

Blue Mountain, MS

#1034 Oct 26, 2013
The defense agreed to this because the only thing they were trying to do was keep him off death row. They were given the offer, which was a plea deal, and he jumped at it. In reality, he pled guilty. There will be no appeal because the state can put death back on. He is now dreaming of a cell mate with love in his eyes.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1035 Oct 26, 2013
who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's just me, but this case has smelt from the beginning. Whether he did it or not. We are living in DNA age. Unless it was wiped, there was evidence left someone.
I actually think shows like CSI have hurt real world criminal cases. Of course there was DNA evidence in this case along with other circumstantial evidence. Imo, the CSI affect has dumbed down some jurors who think everything should be like it is on an hour tv show.

If DNA was all that then every murder case would be solved.. rather than 35%+ of them remaining unsolved due to lack of evidence.

But here is the DNA evidence that got him convicted.

1. He was in possession of a murdered 15 year old teen's cell phone. On the phone belonging to the murdered girl there was blood spatter of another murder victim, Joe West.
2. At 5:45 am he is seen wearing only the black gym shorts with the black side showing. However; at 8ish am he was in tan shorts with the black and gray reversible shorts underneath.
The gray side showed spots belonging to multiple murdered victims. Which means the blood had seeped through from the black side to the inside gray color.
3. His bloody palm print was found on the weapon inside of the vehicle he was driving along with the victim's blood.
4. He had victims blood on the top of his sandals.
5. Another bloody palm print and little finger print belonging to the murderer was found on a document which was located INSIDE a drawer in the bedroom of Michael and Rusty Toler. The document had no blood spatter from the victims on it. Only the bloody prints of the killer who was rummaging through the drawer after he had murdered his victims.

I could go on and on with evidence that proved beyond a reasonable doubt he did these horrific crimes. And then one must also add all of his bald faces lies to LE and LE proved he lied on just about everything he told them.

So I don't know what more you would need to convict but the jury made the right call.

GHJ knew he was most likely going to be convicted but he jumped at the chance to save his own pathetic life....which shows what a damn coward he really is. And throughout the trial the reporters said he showed no emotion or remorse. Jurors notice things like that as well.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1036 Oct 26, 2013
Ihaveatheory wrote:
I've missed everything here on this thread so far and will revue later. I'm interested in this case because I can't figure out any possible way that one person beat EIGHT people to death, one by one, without any of them fleeing, escaping, overpowering him or anything else. Is Guy Heinze Jr. some sort of supervillain with super powers??
Because they had box fans all throughout the trailer going full blast and he murdered them as they lay sleeping.

Only one had any kind of defensive wounds. Michelle Toler had two bones broken in one of her hands. They were all murdered in the same room in which they slept.

In another Georgia criminal case ONE man was able to kill NINE of his family members inside their home by bludgeoning them all to death.

Perhaps he was having super strength at the time since he was a drugged out crackhead filled with cocaine, a victim's painkiller med, and pot but he didn't need superhuman strength. They were sleeping ducks' and he knew exactly where everyone slept and took full advantage of it. They were use to people coming and going at all hours. He knew that too.
who knows

Battle Creek, MI

#1037 Oct 26, 2013
For this to have been a crack head murder spree for money and drugs it was very well organized. The bloody kitchen knife used to stab 3 victims had no DNA on except the victims, whoever did the stabbing was wearing gloves. The prosecution attributed those lacerations to cockroach bites. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that no one on that jury had much of a medical background. All of the evidence against him could have been acquired just as Jr said when he found them all dead. It doesn't make sense for him to be cognitive enough to use multiple weapons wearing gloves, dispose of bloody cloths evidence, murder weapons, get out of the area with all this stuff still bloody. He didn't shower at the trailer and he apparently didn't get in that car he was driving, there was no blood found in it at all. Maybe he did do it, I don't feel that the state has proved it beyond a doubt.
bleeding heart not

Blue Mountain, MS

#1038 Oct 26, 2013
Hey who knows, he took a plea, he admitted it, would you take a plea if you were innocent? No, you would fight it, he did it, let it go. he is now headed to life as a punk.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1039 Oct 26, 2013
who knows wrote:
For this to have been a crack head murder spree for money and drugs it was very well organized. The bloody kitchen knife used to stab 3 victims had no DNA on except the victims, whoever did the stabbing was wearing gloves. The prosecution attributed those lacerations to cockroach bites. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that no one on that jury had much of a medical background. All of the evidence against him could have been acquired just as Jr said when he found them all dead. It doesn't make sense for him to be cognitive enough to use multiple weapons wearing gloves, dispose of bloody cloths evidence, murder weapons, get out of the area with all this stuff still bloody. He didn't shower at the trailer and he apparently didn't get in that car he was driving, there was no blood found in it at all. Maybe he did do it, I don't feel that the state has proved it beyond a doubt.
The defense and defendant knew the state had proven their case. That is why he agreed to plead guilty in order to spare his life. He knew what was coming next in the sentencing phase. At first he got lucky by having a predisposed opinioned runaway juror on the case but the juror violated his oath and couldn't keep his mouth shut. When he was finally removed then the defendant knew it was downhill all the way for him. There was going to be a verdict. He knew it ........his attorney knew it and they both knew it would be guilty. That is why they were in the Judges chambers immediately after the alternate replaced the loony juror.

This is the same man who was willing to sit in jail for over four long years when he could have opted for a speedy trial. The same man in the end who thought more about his own life than the 8 people he murdered.

He is guilty alright.........he made a plea deal with the DA when finally faced with the reality that the jury did not buy his lies and inconsistent stories that did not line up the evidence.

He never once mentions going in any drawers. He never once mentions he took anyone's phone. He says he went to the closet to retrieve the 'stolen' gun yet he had no blood on the soles of his sandals and he would have to step over Rusty Sr's body lying in the doorway with blood pools on the floor to get to it. He called 911 from inside the home on a land line. It is obvious that he changed clothes afterward and he could never explain his whereabouts from 12:30 until 5:30 when he was seen wearing the black gym shorts only.

Imo, there is absolutely nothing reasonable that would dismiss ALL the evidence against him. He did it......and made a deal with the DA to spare his worthless life. A plea means he admits that he did it and there will be no appeals.
who knows

Battle Creek, MI

#1040 Oct 26, 2013
I think if the defense really thought a guilty verdict was coming they would have declared a mistrial. That deal was prompted by the state realizing that not everyone is so easily lead and they best not take their chances with another jury. There will definitely be an appeal. To many mess up's by the police not to. Not having the bloody nun chucks is probably the most cardinal. Maybe he did it, sure doesn't seem like it. Time will tell. There is bloody fingerprint waiting for the owner to be identified.
Local

Savannah, GA

#1041 Oct 26, 2013
who knows wrote:
I think if the defense really thought a guilty verdict was coming they would have declared a mistrial. That deal was prompted by the state realizing that not everyone is so easily lead and they best not take their chances with another jury. There will definitely be an appeal. To many mess up's by the police not to. Not having the bloody nun chucks is probably the most cardinal. Maybe he did it, sure doesn't seem like it. Time will tell. There is bloody fingerprint waiting for the owner to be identified.
He did it. He got caught. He got convicted. Give it up already.
Thank goodness you weren't on the jury. Glad there were people on the jury that understood basic evidence 101 and were not fooled by the "Keystone cops" defense. I think they did an outstanding job processing such a vast crime scene.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1042 Oct 26, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
He did it. He got caught. He got convicted. Give it up already.
Thank goodness you weren't on the jury. Glad there were people on the jury that understood basic evidence 101 and were not fooled by the "Keystone cops" defense. I think they did an outstanding job processing such a vast crime scene.
Its not over.many of us have been following this from day one...for 4 YEARS. there is too many holes, too many [email protected] ups for many of us to believe its over without an appeal. On sentencing day then perhaps it will be over. Untill then we will still be talking it up.

I think he was railroaded. I would like to hear interviews from jurors. And from Tyler....hadn't he logged in this forum once before?
Local

Savannah, GA

#1043 Oct 26, 2013
I have been following this since the police cars screamed past my house that morning. I was the first post - and started this thread all those years ago. So yes, I would say I have reviewed every document availible, and talked to many people about this case.

The evidence - though poorly presented - points to one person. And that person is in jail.

Talk it up amongst whatever supporters are out there. The only [email protected] I see is that "Jr" made a piss poor attempt to hide his crime.

One of the most damning statements he made in my opinion was "it looks like they were beat to death". If you followed the case, then you know that those poor people were injured to the point that they resembled gunshot victims. That was what the first officers on the scene reported. How would Jr - seeing them for the first time in his version of the truth- form that opinion?

Another thing he said that wasn't brought up in the trial was about the dog tied to the front steps. He said that dog would bark and bite anyone he didn't know. How did the "cartel" or people the dog didn't know, gain access to the house? The neighbors interviewed said tha dog would bark and wake them if strangers went to that trailer.

Some supporters insist that he may have been there, but there were others involved too. If Jr waived his right to a speedy trial to delay the inevitable, then gave a plea to keep the death penalty off the table, don't you think he would have given up another murderer in a heartbeat?

Again, I truly belive the right person is cooling his heels in the jail. My sympathy is reserved for his victims.

I just wish ol Sunshine was still around to debate with.
who knows

Battle Creek, MI

#1044 Oct 26, 2013
The evidence does not really point to one person. It points to a few. It reeks of drug related gang violence.
who knows

Battle Creek, MI

#1045 Oct 26, 2013
I think Jr was low hanging fruit. He came home all cracked up and yeah I can see him grabbing the gun and the pain pills. He'd been out all night smoking crack. Came home, and found his family beat to death. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that, those little girls had black eyes from the beatings they sustained. Gun shot wounds are usually singles, maybe doubles these victims shared 220 wounds.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1046 Oct 27, 2013
who knows wrote:
When the Judge removed the stealth juror, finally, the defense not only thought there would be a guilty verdict......they "knew" there would be...hence the peal deal to save his life. The DA told them that he would try this case again in 6 months if GHJ did not plea. It was up to him to take the deal or go to retrial in 6 months. The defense knew they were never ever going to get 12 sane jurors to agree to acquit. The DT also knew the second time around gives the state the advantage since they have already seen what the defense is. The same old defense used btw in the Elkins case that didn't work either.

Most jurors know the difference between chicken shit and chicken salad. The defense tried to spoon feed them chicken shit yet the evidence just didn't line up with their spiel. No appeal in the world can erase all the forensic evidence against this murderer nor can they erase his bald face lies and huge inconsistencies.

When one agrees to plea they give up the right to any appeals. He knew this was the only chance he had to save his worthless life and he jumped on the plea deal. That is the way the justice system works. Look it up.

Local, was 100% right from day one on his/her first post.'The murderer is in jail.'
Caring

Albany, GA

#1047 Oct 27, 2013
who knows wrote:
The evidence does not really point to one person. It points to a few. It reeks of drug related gang violence.
Really? Then why didn't the forensic evidence point to others in the case? The DT had over 400 pieces of evidence to choose from to see if there were others involved and they had three and a half years to test anything they wanted. They didn't touch the 400 pieces evidence with a 10 foot pole because they knew if they found anything it would be more evidence against their own client.

So it is a drug gang case? OK. Can you link me to one case where a drug cartel came in the home and beat everyone inside with bludgeoning objects that were from inside the home?

You mean drug cartels nowadays are unarmed these days? LOL! I have never read about such drug cartels.... who are usually armed to the max.... so I would really like to see a link supporting your speculation this was done by an invisible drug cartel who used shotguns found inside the home as a bludgeoning weapon to murder all the people inside.

Imo, if a drug cartel had really been involved it wouldn't be such a bloody crime scene. These were murders that were way too up close and personal. The cartel would have come in and shot them execution style using silencers and walked out in the middle of the night.

Caring

Albany, GA

#1048 Oct 27, 2013
who knows wrote:
I think Jr was low hanging fruit. He came home all cracked up and yeah I can see him grabbing the gun and the pain pills. He'd been out all night smoking crack. Came home, and found his family beat to death. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that, those little girls had black eyes from the beatings they sustained. Gun shot wounds are usually singles, maybe doubles these victims shared 220 wounds.
It would take someone that had more brain cells than a gnat though to concoct a lie that would be believed when a bloody shotgun was in his car when the gun had been in that family since 1985. But GHJ showed how stupid he really is.

He was so stupid that he didn't even think LE would research the ownership of the bloody gun he had inside the vehicle he was driving that night with his bloody palm print found on it.

When shotguns are used as murder weapons they leave massive damage. Ripping and tear flesh away.......shattering bones. Thw worst firearm that can be used when fired close up to the victims is a shotgun. That is why LE thought they had all been shot. BUT they should have listened to the defendant......he KNEW they had been beaten to death because he did it.
So What

Fredericksburg, VA

#1049 Oct 27, 2013
Whoever posted he pled guilty ,learn to read.

Caring,
you seem to be the type of person who sticks to whatever your half butted opinion is until the very end. Refusing to consider any thing that other then what you FEEL.

400 pieces of evidence the defense could have tested ,that LE had collected (and I am sure you know this) didn't want to turn over for testing .The most important part about this 400 pieces of evidence is that out of all it they ended up with such a weak case of which the jury wasn't able to convict him ,until they realized the judge was going to hold them hostage and remove the death penalty(which some people thought was a plea but it wasn't)

The thing that has me the most upset is knowing his lawyer wanted off the case and would have rather had the case resolved other then a hung jury. I would have liked to have seen the state have another chance to prove him guilty beyond a REASONABLE doubt then to wonder if this particular place in GA is as corrupt as it seems.

This case wasn't justice. LE failed to investigate it and wondering if GA got the right guy instead of knowing is the biggest injustice of all.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1050 Oct 28, 2013
So What wrote:
Whoever posted he pled guilty ,learn to read.
Caring,
you seem to be the type of person who sticks to whatever your half butted opinion is until the very end. Refusing to consider any thing that other then what you FEEL.
400 pieces of evidence the defense could have tested ,that LE had collected (and I am sure you know this) didn't want to turn over for testing .The most important part about this 400 pieces of evidence is that out of all it they ended up with such a weak case of which the jury wasn't able to convict him ,until they realized the judge was going to hold them hostage and remove the death penalty(which some people thought was a plea but it wasn't)
The thing that has me the most upset is knowing his lawyer wanted off the case and would have rather had the case resolved other then a hung jury. I would have liked to have seen the state have another chance to prove him guilty beyond a REASONABLE doubt then to wonder if this particular place in GA is as corrupt as it seems.
This case wasn't justice. LE failed to investigate it and wondering if GA got the right guy instead of knowing is the biggest injustice of all.
Honestly, it is hard to take someone seriously when the first sentence after addressing them, they write is a childish... immature putdown. Imo, it weakens the debate. I have a differing opinion than you.so be it, but that certainly doesn't make my opinion half butted, whatever in the hell that means.

I have followed this case since the very day it happened. I base my opinion on the evidence entered (both state and defense) and everything I have read for four years. I also draw on my own experiences as a juror in multiple criminal cases including capital murder...... over the years.

It is absurd to imply that all the 400 pieces of evidence were given to the defense late. By law all discovery has to be submitted before trial with ample time for each side to test. It had been turned over continuously throughout the four year period. It started coming in within days when the lab sent the results back on the bloody palm print found on the hidden shotgun and went from there. But not ONE PIECE was ever tested by the DT, and, everyone knows or should know, the DT has a right to test anything as long as they notify the Judge. They didn't test one thing, even though they pretended some other dudes did it.

The jury was not advised that the death penalty had been removed when they were deliberating his guilt-innocence. That would be a violation of the law The Judge told them afterward when he told them he would no longer need their services and why. The guilt-innocence phase has absolutely nothing to do with the sentencing phase and are two separate matters to decide altogether.

His lawyer only asked to get off the case because he had been transferred to Atlanta and it had nothing to do with GHJ personally. That reqeust happened long before the trial began.

GHJ agreed for the death penalty to be taken off the table. He could have taken his chances that the alternate would also hang the jury. Should he be stupid enough to appeal then the death penalty goes right back on the table again. It would null and void any plea. The DA made it clear if he did not accept this plea he would retry this case again in six months from now.

But personally, I would like nothing better than for him to win an appeal, and have death put back on.... because no one is more deserving of the death penalty than this mass murderer of his own people. Other than the other man decades ago who bludgeoned 9 of his family members to death this is one of the worst in Georgia history when it came to multiple murder victims committed by one sole killer.

Imo, he was proven to be guilty BARD and the 12 jurors who sat in judgment also agreed.

The Judge will sentence him to LWOP, imo. Good riddance.

Caring

Albany, GA

#1051 Oct 31, 2013
Guy Heinz Jr. will be sentenced today.
Yeahright

United States

#1052 Oct 31, 2013
He got consecutive life sentences without parole

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Sat Driver T 19
White Boy Rap (Jun '11) Nov 12 Danny Noonan 5
Farrell Landon Ho Slayer (Oct '12) Nov 11 Farrell Landon 6
Cracker Gangsta Rap (Mar '12) Nov 10 Farrell Landon 12
$200,000.00 Christmas Tree? (Dec '11) Nov 9 dandrade 7
Mcintosh/Darien CROOKED RACIST COPS (May '13) Nov 8 everylifematters 59
Review: Hooper Endodontics - Jason T Hooper DDS (Jun '11) Nov '16 Farrell Landon 5

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages