Caring

Albany, GA

#1012 Oct 24, 2013
Sheldonator wrote:
Dead locked 9 to 3. Sent back to deliberate further. Hmmmmmm...... Interesting......
I am not shocked. The kooky male juror who has broken every oath in the book made me think this case was going to end in a hung jury. I refused to believe the 9 to 3 includes 9 for NG and 3 for G. Imo, it is going to be 3 that have the mentality of the Anthony jurors in Pinellas Co. Florida.

I am so disappointed. I don't think any of them will move from their position. God bless the families that will have to go through this all over again.

BUT I would much rather they hang the case than let that damn man walk free when he wiped out his entire family for drugs, money, and Rusty Jr.s car.

If they are hung in favor of guilt by 9 to 3 then the DA will try the case again and he needs to ask for a COV and get this case out of that small tiny town of 18-20K into a more sophisticated mainstream town with more worldly jurors to pick from.

Just like when the trial was moved to Marietta Georgia from Brunswick when Elkins' murdered toddler, Antonio Santiago.

I hate to see the families have to endure another trial but I know they want justice for their family members more than anything... who were heinously murdered by this POS.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1013 Oct 24, 2013
narcissistic wrote:
<quoted text> they ate very interested in revenge. They WILL kill your whole family if you cross them. Not because the family is involved but because your suffering is far greater than taking you out. Taking away what is dear to you is exactly how they work. I know because I've seen it. Been in the middle of it.
While that certainly is true what is not common is for drug dealers to come into a home and bludgeon everyone. Drug dealers usually come in and shoot everyone inside execution style. Or they simply never set foot in the residence and will set fire to the home and burn everyone up inside.

That old 40+ trailer would have been a tinderbox and would have gone up in flames within minutes. And drug dealers wouldn't know the sleeping arrangements in the home either. This was a small trailer filled with people in every room whether it was on the floor on pallets....mattresses on floors or beds. And why would they come in the home unarmed and find the two shotguns and use the barrel of one to beat everyone's brains out? And why would GHJ have a bloody shotgun hidden in the vehicle he was driving that had blood on it of one of the victim's if he wasn't involved?

Sometimes the answer can be found by using good old common sense. This wasn't a drug cartel........this was a crackhead living in the home with these people......the same person who knew the sleeping arrangements like the back of his hand......the same man who said when he left everyone was 'sleeping.' Yeah right,they were sleeping alright.......and 8 of them would never regain consciousness again.
blah

Atlanta, GA

#1014 Oct 24, 2013
I seriously doubt the Prosecution would ask for a change of venue. A jury from any other jurisdiction would have acquitted him a long time ago. A more "worldly" jury? They actually know what reasonable doubt is. They also don't like when cops botch cases.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1015 Oct 24, 2013
blah wrote:
I seriously doubt the Prosecution would ask for a change of venue. A jury from any other jurisdiction would have acquitted him a long time ago. A more "worldly" jury? They actually know what reasonable doubt is. They also don't like when cops botch cases.
Yeah right. The defense said the very same thing in the Elkins case. LE botched the case. Rushed to judgment...'the mom did it ''got the wrong guy' blah...blah...blah.. and more blah, blah, blah.

The jury believed that so much that they found Elkins guilty of murder and he has been sent away for life.

This LE didn't botch the case. They collected 400 pieces of evidence. Evidence btw that the defense could have tested at any time using their own experts. They tested nothing even though they pretend that someone else did this.

This case will be retried if hung and it is a well known fact that the state has the advantage the second time around since the DT has already showed their cards.

No way are sane 12 people going to let this POS walk. If the first trial winds up hung then he can just rot in jail some more like he has been willing to do for over four years now rather than exercising his constitutional right to a speedy trial.
bleeding heart not

Essex, MO

#1016 Oct 25, 2013
I wish someone could explain the bloody cell phone in jrs car. Only a mad man would think he could steal a just murdered girls phone and expect to use it. Guilty
Caring

Albany, GA

#1017 Oct 25, 2013
bleeding heart not wrote:
I wish someone could explain the bloody cell phone in jrs car. Only a mad man would think he could steal a just murdered girls phone and expect to use it. Guilty
Now......now......'bleeding heart not'...don't confuse them with the FACTS in the case. lol

I would love to see that explained away by the GHJ supporters too and countless other evidence as well.

If it walks like a duck.....quacks like a duck.....waddles like a duck....drops feathers like a duck.....its a duck. He is guilty as the sins he perpetrated against his entire family when he murdered 8 of them and tried to murder a little boy as well.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1018 Oct 25, 2013
OK there is still hope in this case.

A juror has been tossed off the case. Probably for refusing to deliberate. The news stations are reporting it is an elderly man which leads me to believe it is the one that shouldn't have ever been on the jury to begin with. The one who has run his mouth constantly and had a predisposed opinion before hearing all the evidence.

Only an older man would dare to call the mass murder, GHJ, a 'gentleman.' A gentleman he is NOT.

So the jury has to start all over even in the two charges they have already unanimously voted upon.
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#1019 Oct 25, 2013
Caring wrote:
OK there is still hope in this case.
A juror has been tossed off the case. Probably for refusing to deliberate. The news stations are reporting it is an elderly man which leads me to believe it is the one that shouldn't have ever been on the jury to begin with. The one who has run his mouth constantly and had a predisposed opinion before hearing all the evidence.
Only an older man would dare to call the mass murder, GHJ, a 'gentleman.' A gentleman he is NOT.
So the jury has to start all over even in the two charges they have already unanimously voted upon.
Interesting. Wonder how common it is to have a juror dismissed after such a long period of deliberation? If it is indeed the same juror that said he could not find Guy Heinze Jr. guilty he should have been tossed days ago, not after the jurycomes back and says it is deadlocked 9-3. Just looks suspicous whether there is anything to it or not.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1020 Oct 25, 2013
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Wonder how common it is to have a juror dismissed after such a long period of deliberation? If it is indeed the same juror that said he could not find Guy Heinze Jr. guilty he should have been tossed days ago, not after the jurycomes back and says it is deadlocked 9-3. Just looks suspicous whether there is anything to it or not.
I don't think it looks suspicious since this particular juror has been called out publicly in court before, not only by the DA, but by the bailiffs as well, and even the jurors have complained.

I imagine what happened is the jury foreman informed the Judge that everyone else was willing to keep deliberating but this juror refused. Which is certain solid grounds for removal.

Imo, if he is the one..... he brought this all on himself. He was certainly given many chances by the Judge and instructed to abide by his oath. Evidently his oath he swore to uphold meant nothing to him.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1021 Oct 25, 2013
Oh, I have seen jurors dismissed even after deliberating for 9 or 10 days. It isn't the amount of time that has evolved. It is all about the juror violating his/her oath. Of course there have been other reasons that jurors have been dismissed. But refusal to deliberate when everyone else is willing ........is a violation and the juror is, and should be, removed.
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#1022 Oct 25, 2013
Guy Heinze Jr. convicted on all eight counts - will be sentenced to live in prison since prosecution agreed to take death penalty off the table.
stonewall

Brunswick, GA

#1023 Oct 25, 2013
verdict in...guilty.
Local Neighbor

Washington, DC

#1024 Oct 25, 2013
Guilty on all counts. Now we get to feed, clothe, educate, and support medically this murdering contaminant of the human gene pool for the rest of his natural life.

God bless and keep his victims.
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#1025 Oct 25, 2013
Local Neighbor wrote:
Guilty on all counts. Now we get to feed, clothe, educate, and support medically this murdering contaminant of the human gene pool for the rest of his natural life.
God bless and keep his victims.
If the judge had removed the troublesome juror at the beginning when he should have the prosecution might not have had to take the death penalty off the table. But then again, being sent to death row doesn't mean you are any where near actual death. Look no further than Carl Issacs.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1026 Oct 25, 2013
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
If the judge had removed the troublesome juror at the beginning when he should have the prosecution might not have had to take the death penalty off the table. But then again, being sent to death row doesn't mean you are any where near actual death. Look no further than Carl Issacs.
I agree. The DA wouldn't have been willing to plead if the Judge had taken this juror off when he was first guilty of misconduct starting almost a week ago. They may have thought the dismissed juror issue could make the case come back on appeal to be tried all over again. It is so expensive to try a death penalty case all over again. This way the state gets the defendant put away and the families get justice.

I also agree about being on death row.....although GHJ certainly deserved nothing less, but it took Georgia 30 years to finally execute Issacs which was a slap in the face to all of his victims and their family.

The Toler family told the media today they want him to be put in general population. There is where he has more to fear than being locked down 23 hours out of 24.
bleeding heart not

Essex, MO

#1027 Oct 25, 2013
He would have been better off on death row. Now he has to mingle with the inmates that hate his kind. He won't live to be an old man. I see him having to lock up in protective custody and that is worse than dying.
nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#1028 Oct 25, 2013
Now he has the rest of his life..living in a tiny cell to think and meditate over things...like 8 murdered victims one his father...does this guy have any conscience? doesn't seem like he does...
Local

Savannah, GA

#1029 Oct 25, 2013
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it reprehensible that Guy Jr will be cared for better in prison, clean place to sleep, plenty of food, etc. than his poor victims lived.
who knows

Savannah, GA

#1030 Oct 25, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it reprehensible that Guy Jr will be cared for better in prison, clean place to sleep, plenty of food, etc. than his poor victims lived.
Maybe it's just me, but this case has smelt from the beginning. Whether he did it or not. We are living in DNA age. Unless it was wiped, there was evidence left someone.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1031 Oct 25, 2013
Will someone please explain to me why the defense agreed to this. Wouldn't a mistrial be somewhat a good thing for Heinze. Surely they knew that the juror was in favor and replacing him could be bad. Do you think there will be an appeal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 17 me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Teacher at MCA Dec 2 just wondering 1
Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende... Nov 27 LonePalm Sux 8
Trial for (JR) Byron Nail (Aug '09) Nov 25 lynn 35
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:00AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons
CBS Sports 4:35 AM
Falcons expected to fire Mike Smith; could be eyeing Broncos' Adam Gase
NFL 6:10 AM
Injury roundup: Falcons optimistic Julio Jones will play