Who knows

Ellabell, GA

#992 Oct 22, 2013
Caring wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it is you that exhibits ignorant behavior based on your thuggish reply. I will not stoop to your level of ignorance or stupidity.
Perhaps you should have paid more attention to the testimony. Items that are dry to not transfer blood and the items were all taken many many hours after the murders had happened.
Of course the bloody cell phone was found in the car this suspect was driving. The blood found on the cell phone found in the vehicle belonged to one of the deceased victims. I thought you said you have kept up with this case?
Try another lame putdown..... because that one isn't going to work, I have never done drugs of any kind. Your childish cyber bullying doesn't bother me in the least.
Perhaps you should have paid more attention to the testimony by actually ATTENDING the trial.
chris

Fayetteville, NC

#993 Oct 23, 2013
ssilocal wrote:
I will tell you I have heard from local people that were friends with the victims and guy that he was involved in some sort of way but it was drug related. apparently there is a huge drug cartel here out of darien and they said the reason he was sitting in jail all this time is because he either knew why it happened or was made to watch it happen. either way if he came clean on who did it he would be dead the minute he walked out just like his family for ratting out the cartel. i also heard that is why his brother moved soon after the murders when he graduated to n. Carolina for his safety. there has been many major drug dealers caught here in Brunswick from over the boarder. snipers showed up next door to friends of mine that live in a higher income neighborhood (houses that cost in Brunswick, not the island, low price $400k) and the guy next door with his bmw and louis Vuitton luggage was arrested. his house was equipped with a very advanced security and camera system like you see on movies. he was a major king pen from mexico for drug dealing. he never had drugs on him or ever dealt but he was the "godfather" of the local drug pushers. so it is here and it is a major problem.
thank you....this has been my theory from the beginning. You are the first in four years to agree. To me the whole thing has cartel written all over it
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#994 Oct 23, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text> thank you....this has been my theory from the beginning. You are the first in four years to agree. To me the whole thing has cartel written all over it
I don't discount this as a possible motive, but what would 10 people living in a single wide trailer have on a huge drug cartel that would neccessitate them all being wiped out? And if multiple people were involved who were not familiar with the trailer, how would they have come to use a shotgun kept inside the trailer as a primary weapon? If this was a pre-meditated attack they would have a) likely brought their own weapons and b) those weapons would have been guns. As hard as it is to believe that a single person could have killed eight people in a single wide trailer, the apparent weapon(s) used seemed to be done so as much out of convenience as pre-planned.
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#995 Oct 23, 2013
The jury has now been given the option of convicting Guy Heinze Jr. of being a party to a crime for which no one else has been tried or convicted. I don't know if this was decided upon by the judge or if the prosecution asked this to be added but either way it sounds like the DA's case is weak at best.
ssi local

Saint Simons Island, GA

#996 Oct 23, 2013
The brother even led to this being drug related at the funerals.

"I know my brother didn't do this. My brother has a conscience," 16-year-old Tyler Heinze said outside the rural cemetery where seven caskets topped with roses were resting atop freshly dug graves.

"I can say there was drug involvement in the house and I think somebody ripped somebody off and somebody needed to get their money back," said Tyler Heinze, who once lived at the mobile home but had moved in with his stepfather before the killings.

"Maybe somebody in the house double-crossed someone. It could've been my brother who double-crossed somebody, and it could be part of his fault that somebody came in there and did this."
Caring

Albany, GA

#997 Oct 23, 2013
Who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should have paid more attention to the testimony by actually ATTENDING the trial.
Really? So if you have been in attendance everyday then why did you keep this evidence from us? Why not share? That is what this forum is about.

Closing Argument by ADA Johnson:

"He held up a photo of a document with Heinz’s bloody palm print and a print of his little finger.

Mr. Knox talked about blood spatter, but he didn’t want to talk about the document that had no blood on it but the palm and finger print.

“It’s that man’s palm print,’’ he said pointing to Heinz,‘’ and that man’s little finger in a victim’s blood.”

How does Heinz’s (bloody) palm print show up on a document that was INSIDE a drawer of a bedside table “if he wasn’t there,’’ Johnson said.“How does that happen?"

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-10-23...

Not one person in that trailer that was murdered had illegal drugs in their system. They weren't drug dealers or crackheads. The crackhead is the POS who wiped his entire family out.
Caring

Albany, GA

#998 Oct 23, 2013
Correction:

Two victims had pot in their system but not Joe West Heinz said had smoke pot with him and once again he lied.

The others died with no illegal substances in their system.

This wasn't done by drug dealers. This was done by a crackhead that lived there that wanted the drugs, money, and a vehicle he would have never been given permission to drive.
bleeding heart not

Essex, MO

#999 Oct 23, 2013
Drug Cartel? Wow, they usually are worried about bribing politicians, building drug submarines, taking over 3rd world countries, not killing a bunch of people down on their luck in a roach infested mobile home. Now I have heard everything. If jr is found not guilty I hope he decides to live by you dogooders. Bet you will find out what the phrase means, sleeping with one eye opened!
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#1000 Oct 23, 2013
I've only followed this trial online and may have missed something, but can anyone tell me if the prosecution brought up any expert testimony related to the affects of crack cocaine on a person? That would seem to be pretty important information given that IF Guy Jr. did this it was most likely because of a drug-induced rage. For example:

The symptoms include agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, violence, as well as suicidal and homicidal thinking.Paranoia occurs in 68% to 84% of patients using cocaine. Cocaine-related violent behaviors occur in as many as 55% of patients with cocaine-induced psychiatric symptoms. Homicide has also been associated with cocaine use in as many as 31% of homicide victims.

As circumstantial as this case is, you would think the DA would look for any angle possible. And maybe it was brought up during the trial. If so, I just missed it.
Caring

Albany, GA

#1001 Oct 23, 2013
Scoop wrote:
I've only followed this trial online and may have missed something, but can anyone tell me if the prosecution brought up any expert testimony related to the affects of crack cocaine on a person? That would seem to be pretty important information given that IF Guy Jr. did this it was most likely because of a drug-induced rage. For example:
The symptoms include agitation, paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, violence, as well as suicidal and homicidal thinking.Paranoia occurs in 68% to 84% of patients using cocaine. Cocaine-related violent behaviors occur in as many as 55% of patients with cocaine-induced psychiatric symptoms. Homicide has also been associated with cocaine use in as many as 31% of homicide victims.
As circumstantial as this case is, you would think the DA would look for any angle possible. And maybe it was brought up during the trial. If so, I just missed it.
Since I did not attend the trial, I can only tell you what I have read, and heard from others, who did attend the entire trial.

The ADA did as a detective about those who use cocaine since he has dealt with many over the course of his career. He said while pot makes someone want to sit down, chill and watch tv...cocaine can have a profound affect depending on the amount and the individual. He cited that they may become hostile, aggressive, and have been known to do violent acts. He only generalized and never specifically talked about GHJ.
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#1002 Oct 23, 2013
Were they able to trace any of the blood found on the shotgun in the truck of Toler Jr.'s car as belonging to any of the victims?
nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#1003 Oct 23, 2013
By the way southerners are not stupid or ignorant..Soon the verdict will be in..I hope justice will prevail.6512
ssilocal

Savannah, GA

#1004 Oct 23, 2013
I only posted what I heard about the cartel from what others in the community had expressed. I have always thought guy was involved. like I said earlier I evicted him from a condo on the island 6 to 8 weeks prior to the murders. so here is my latest after hearing the testimonies. he was seen on the parker's store video around 4 am. the condo I evicted him from was less than 4 blocks away. the hotel his brother was in was almost 3 miles away. also the way you come onto the island the hotel is right there with at least 3 stores within a mile. the one he was seen at was out of the way and he knew the complex he rented from me which had 2 community dumpsters. so he could have discarded his bloody clothes and the gun there, gone to the store then circled his way back to the hotel where his brother was. because the police didn't release any information they would have not had any tips like I could have given them to search areas for the murder weapon or the clothes. if the police would have at least given the public the video evidence being at that location I could have told them about the dumpsters. he could have possibly dumped them that early Saturday but the trash doesn't get picked up till Wednesday. just another thought on my end that could have nailed this coffin completely!
Caring

Albany, GA

#1005 Oct 24, 2013
Scoop wrote:
Were they able to trace any of the blood found on the shotgun in the truck of Toler Jr.'s car as belonging to any of the victims?
Morning Scoop!

Yes, they were able to get results on the intact shotgun and the one where only the stock butt was left.

Kristen O'Malley-Fripp, a forensic biologist and DNA analyst, said she has been on the Heinze case since the Labor Day weekend of 2009 when the first evidence arrived from the slayings of eight Glynn County residents.

A shotgun came into the GBI's Savannah crime lab Aug. 31, two days after the slayings, which she swabbed for DNA samples, O'Malley-Fripp testified.

She collected samples from stains on the stock, barrel, the trigger and near the hammer, O'Malley-Fripp testified.

The test on one blood sample from the shotgun was unsuccessful, but the successful tests showed the blood was that of Russell Toler Sr., O'Malley-Fripp testified.

O'Malley-Fripp also tested the stock of a shotgun that police said was found in the mobile home near the head of Russell Toler Sr.

Both the right and left side of the gunstock were spattered with blood, O'Malley-Fripp said, and she swabbed and analyzed them.

The DNA from the three samples matched the blood of Russell Toler Sr., she testified. Under questioning by Assistant District Attorney John B. Johnson, O'Malley-Fripp testified the blook on the gunstock was spattered and was not a smear.
sigsky

Hilton Head Island, SC

#1006 Oct 24, 2013
Of course it was Russell Toler Sr.'s shotgun. Better question is why Guy claimed he bought it for $25 and thought it was stolen. You can't unring that bell.
Scoop

Cordele, GA

#1007 Oct 24, 2013
sigsky wrote:
Of course it was Russell Toler Sr.'s shotgun. Better question is why Guy claimed he bought it for $25 and thought it was stolen. You can't unring that bell.
For someone so obviously "geeked up" - as Guy himself admitted - he did a pretty darn good job of covering his tracks given the amount of blood that must have been flying everywhere during such a gruesome attack. I think with the blood evidence on the shorts, cell phone and shotgun he put in the trunk there is probably enough to tie him to the murders, but for someone in his condition it seems he otherwise did a good job of discarding evidence, cleaning up and making sure there was no "smoking gun." So it is a little odd that he grabbed that shotgun the next morning and put it in the trunk rather than taking it along with whatever other items he got rid of the night before. Maybe he just forgot about it and saw it when he went back inside? Or is it possible he tried to "finish off" someone still alive when he returned the next morning and had to stash the shotgun somewhere?
Caring

Albany, GA

#1008 Oct 24, 2013
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone so obviously "geeked up" - as Guy himself admitted - he did a pretty darn good job of covering his tracks given the amount of blood that must have been flying everywhere during such a gruesome attack. I think with the blood evidence on the shorts, cell phone and shotgun he put in the trunk there is probably enough to tie him to the murders, but for someone in his condition it seems he otherwise did a good job of discarding evidence, cleaning up and making sure there was no "smoking gun." So it is a little odd that he grabbed that shotgun the next morning and put it in the trunk rather than taking it along with whatever other items he got rid of the night before. Maybe he just forgot about it and saw it when he went back inside? Or is it possible he tried to "finish off" someone still alive when he returned the next morning and had to stash the shotgun somewhere?
No one saw him put the shotgun in the trunk nor did they see him go behind Rusty Jr's car and smoke a joint before calling 911. I think he removed the gun when he first left to establish belated alibis and after he had murdered them. The same time he took Michael's pain prescription with him and the same time he took Michelle's cell phone with blood on it. He may have gotten 'geeked up' later on after he had murdered his family, stole the meds, money, and vehicle.

He has no alibi for where he was earlier in the night. Imo, he was in the middle of murdering his family, washing himself off, stealing property from the deceased victims and going on to set up belated alibis.

As far as a 'smoking gun' I do believe there is one and it was found in the car the suspect was driving and the shatter shotgun butt along with his own bloody prints found on a document that was found INSIDE a drawer. "Smoking guns' are really for tv shows like CSI and real life cases are far different. Most all of them are circumstantial cases just like this one. He is tied to these crimes.... link by link ...brick by brick.

I hope there are plenty of critical thinkers on this jury and not ones that believe it has to be like a tv show and they will only believe it if they see it on a video as it is happening.
Sheldonator

Brunswick, GA

#1009 Oct 24, 2013
They have a verdict. Waiting now for it to be published by the Clerk.
Sheldonator

Brunswick, GA

#1010 Oct 24, 2013
Dead locked 9 to 3. Sent back to deliberate further. Hmmmmmm...... Interesting......

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1011 Oct 24, 2013
bleeding heart not wrote:
Drug Cartel? Wow, they usually are worried about bribing politicians, building drug submarines, taking over 3rd world countries, not killing a bunch of people down on their luck in a roach infested mobile home. Now I have heard everything. If jr is found not guilty I hope he decides to live by you dogooders. Bet you will find out what the phrase means, sleeping with one eye opened!
they ate very interested in revenge. They WILL kill your whole family if you cross them. Not because the family is involved but because your suffering is far greater than taking you out. Taking away what is dear to you is exactly how they work. I know because I've seen it. Been in the middle of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr silverfox 56,803
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr tammy101 2,072
Video Spotlight - A Whites-Only Bathroom on the... (Nov '07) Sep 20 WC St Marys 893
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Sep 16 JMO 18
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Sep 11 magnola 25
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Mater Construction Aug 31 rodeogirl31520 3

Brunswick Jobs

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]