no it didn't
Caring

Albany, GA

#828 Sep 14, 2012
Lori wrote:
I think it's time to get this over with
We all no it took more than one person
You think????
No, I dont think anyone else was involved other than the charged defendant.

If there was evidence left behind by him then there would be evidence left by someone else if they had been there with him.

One sole perpretrator has been capable of murdering multiple victims before.

Imo, the evidence points to one suspect. Guy Heinz Jr.

If there were more suspects involved the police wouldnt have any qualms about arresting them too.
william

Jacksonville, AR

#829 Sep 15, 2012
we need a plead deal in this case
Caring

Albany, GA

#830 Sep 15, 2012
william wrote:
we need a plead deal in this case
Imo, the DA will never plea this case out William.
They dont do plea deals with those who have murdered 7 people and attempted to murder a small child.
The only way a plea deal may happen is if Jr. agrees to be locked away in prison for the rest of his life and save himself from the death penalty but I still doubt the DA would accept it even if Jr. offered.
There are way too many murdered victims in this case for a DA to plea.
Even when the six Alday family members were murdered in Georgia and Carl Issac confessed to the killings the DA would not plea the case. He received the death penalty when he was convicted and was executed.
Lori

Brunswick, GA

#831 Sep 17, 2012
Just don't see how one person can do all that
Caring

Albany, GA

#832 Sep 17, 2012
Lori wrote:
Just don't see how one person can do all that
Thats what trials are for Lori. The evidence will be brought forth to the jury how he did it.
Out of State Reader

Saint Peters, MO

#833 Sep 18, 2012
I never heard did they ever ask Jr. to take a Lie D. Test? I really don't have much faith in them either way but I was just wondering that.
william

Olive Branch, MS

#834 Sep 18, 2012
Out of State Reader wrote:
I never heard did they ever ask Jr. to take a Lie D. Test? I really don't have much faith in them either way but I was just wondering that.
he will never TAKE ONE . THAT JUST NOT VERY SMART . lose lose . he diddent do it . there no way that was his family .but thats only my opinion
Lori

Brunswick, GA

#835 Sep 19, 2012
People kill there family al the time
Some people care only about them self
Caring

Albany, GA

#836 Sep 19, 2012
Lori wrote:
People kill there family all the time
Some people care only about them self
I totally agree Lori. Unfortunately we see/hear about it in the news all the time. There is much more raw emotions between family members. Also there is a thin line between love and hate.
Imo, something was going on with Jr's relationship with the family he murdered that we arent aware of at this moment. I think it either had to do with the lawsuit that his father had just won days before he murdered them or they were going to move at the first of the month and for some reason they didnt want him to move with them. The family members who have spoken out said none of the ones that died did drugs and we know Jr. did. I think they were sick and tired of it. This is just my theories on motve and nothing more based on what I have read since it happened in 2009.
I do believe that LE/DA has uncovered the motive and it will be laid out at trial.
A pre-trial hearing should be happening pretty soon. Maybe a trial date will be set then.
Lori

United States

#837 Sep 20, 2012
I live in Brunswick if it's a open court I will try to go and report to all of y'all
Out of State Reader

O Fallon, MO

#838 Sep 20, 2012
Thanks Lori....

Being from another State I don't see all the up-dates, so today I thought I had better do some catch up. I found this comment below a news article which I found very interesting.

Copied & posted:
http://jax-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagec...
Out of State Reader

O Fallon, MO

#839 Sep 20, 2012
Sorry better do it this way:
The story says: "The defense

The story says:

"The defense team also pressed prosecutor John B. Johnson to let the court know whether he plans to introduce the blood-spattered pictures and writings at trial.

So far, Johnson has declined to say, but he told the court Tuesday it depended on whether there was some forensic evidence to be gained from their use once the drawings and writings are analyzed."

My question is, it's been three years now. When does the State plan to analyze the alleged evedince. I recall stories where the Police and the State blamed the GBI, about two years after, for not examining alleged evidence. The GBI responded by saying they tested everything the Police sent them. three years later and still alleged evidence has not been tested or looked into. Why are the Police and the State dragging their feet if this was such an open and shut case that the Police Chief had led us all to believe in the beginning?

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-08-08...
lookee

Jacksonville, FL

#840 Sep 26, 2012
Judge says DA can't use some statements Guy Heinze Jr. made to police
Posted: September 25, 2012 - 8:13pm | Updated: September 26, 2012 - 6:41am

By Terry Dickson
BRUNSWICK - A Superior Court judge has thrown out some of the statements that accused mass murderer Guy Heinze Jr. made to police in the hours after they found six people dead and two critically wounded in the mobile home where he lived.
In a 42-page order in which he excluded that evidence, Judge Stephen G. Scarlett ruled, however, that the blood-stained shorts that Heinze was wearing may still be used as evidence in his still unscheduled death penalty trial.
It was Heinze who made the frantic 911 call early Aug. 29, 2009, in which he said his whole family had been killed at their home at New Hope Mobile Home Park on U.S. 17 north of Brunswick. Heinze’s lawyers asked Scarlett to forbid prosecutors from using four statements at trial that Heinze had made at the crime scene and later at Glynn County Police headquarters.
In a weeklong hearing in early August, they had argued that police waited far too long to advise Heinze of his Miranda rights to not talk to police and for access to a lawyer. Although no one told him he was in custody at the crime scene, Heinze was not free to leave and should have been read his rights, they argued.
Scarlett said that statements Heinze made to officer Roderic Nohilly and Sgt. Keith Stalvey at the crime scene can be used because he agreed to speak with them and he was not in custody. Also, Stalvey and Nohilly were not concentrated on Heinze as a suspect at the time, Scarlett wrote in his ruling.
Scarlett did rule out much of what Heinze said to investigator Michael Owens. Forty minutes into the interview, Heinze asked how much longer he would be there. Owens’ response,“until we get done,’’ was an implied restraint on Heinze’s freedom of movement to the point he should be considered under arrest. At that point, Heinze should have been advised of his Miranda rights, Scarlett wrote.
Bloody shorts
It was 100 minutes into the interview that Owens asked Heinze about blood on his khaki shorts. Heinze responded that “it must have been from his lying next to one of his victims.’’

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-09-25...
GoE

Danville, PA

#841 Sep 27, 2012
“it must have been from his lying next to one of his victims."

Let's see the prosecution prove otherwise?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#842 Sep 27, 2012
After coming into the murder scene and checking on his family, I can see him "lying" next to one of them. All that carnage would exhaust the energy from anyone.

That was a tight family who loved each other very much. I know personally because I knew everyone one of them. Rusty, Guy, Gail and I went to school together and we stayed in touch. We used to go camping, fishing and hunting together. I watched the kids grow up.

When I learned of the murders, it hit me hard. It drained me of any energy I had. This is an emotionally draining event.

The police say they have all this evidence, yet fail to expose anything and all these people on this board are saying what the evidence points to, yet they have not seen anything.

I believe in Jr's innocence. Until and unless he says otherwise, Jr is innocent to the highest degree and unless anyone on this board was a first account, personal witness to the murders, they should believe in innocence until proven otherwise.
nomore

Jacksonville, FL

#843 Oct 3, 2012
Guy Heinze Jr.'s death penalty murder trial mired again in evidence testing issues
Judge Stephen Scarlett tells lawyers to resolve the problems and "move on."
Posted: October 3, 2012 - 7:58pm

By Terry Dickson

BRUNSWICK | Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett gave Guy Heinze Jr.’s defense lawyers permission to appeal some of his rulings in Heinze’s death penalty murder case to the Georgia Supreme Court.

Scarlett had given the defense part of what it wanted earlier in excluding some statements Heinze made to police following his arrest Aug. 29, 2009, after his father and six others were found beaten to death in a mobile home north of Brunswick.

But the defense asserted Glynn County police officers should have advised Heinze of his Miranda right earlier and his lawyers wanted all Heinze’s statement’s thrown out. They also wanted his second indictment dismissed because of the makeup of the grand jury, and challenged the use of some physical evidence seized upon his arrest. Police took a pair of khaki shorts that Heinze was wearing that had blood on them, lawyers said in earlier hearings.

Because of those possible appeals, it is still unknown when Heinze will be tried.

Heinze is accused of beating his father and six others to death in the mobile home. One other beating victim died the next day at a Savannah hospital while an eighth victim has recovered from his severe injuries and is living with his paternal grandmother.

As they have before, Heinze’s defense lawyers complained they haven’t received all the results they need from tests done on evidence.

Judge Stephen Scarlett was incredulous and clearly irritated that the case was still mired over discovery issues.

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2012-10-...
Caring

Norman Park, GA

#844 Oct 3, 2012
misplaced wrote:
After coming into the murder scene and checking on his family, I can see him "lying" next to one of them. All that carnage would exhaust the energy from anyone.
That was a tight family who loved each other very much. I know personally because I knew everyone one of them. Rusty, Guy, Gail and I went to school together and we stayed in touch. We used to go camping, fishing and hunting together. I watched the kids grow up.
When I learned of the murders, it hit me hard. It drained me of any energy I had. This is an emotionally draining event.
The police say they have all this evidence, yet fail to expose anything and all these people on this board are saying what the evidence points to, yet they have not seen anything.
I believe in Jr's innocence. Until and unless he says otherwise, Jr is innocent to the highest degree and unless anyone on this board was a first account, personal witness to the murders, they should believe in innocence until proven otherwise.
But that is not the case. Listen how long he is able to remain on the 911 call even when he is inside with his entire family dead in pools of blood. The only emotional thing he said is my whole family is dead yet he is able to stay inside talking to the operator after then and to the man standing outside of the mobile home.

The police nor the DA reveals any of their evidence. That is not just in this case but in every case. They dont have to try this case in the public. They must prove it in a court of law to jurors......not in the court of public opinion.

There is nothing that has been revealed that he laid down by anyone. He didnt even check on them all or he would have found Byron still alive.

And if the blood found on his shorts is blood SPATTER the only way that can happen is if he was there when the murders were happening and the blood was airborne landing on his clothing as he bludgeoned them to death.
Caring

Norman Park, GA

#845 Oct 3, 2012
GoE wrote:
“it must have been from his lying next to one of his victims."
Let's see the prosecution prove otherwise?
I beleive they will. That is why they have experts who analyze blood pattern evidence.

A lot can be learned by the type of blood found on clothing.

IMO
Lori

Columbus, GA

#846 Oct 4, 2012
Ok I told y'all it took two and now it's coming out who is Wayne ?
They say he was there and days beford said he was going to kill on guy that was killed
I new he didn't do it all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Divorce Attorney Tue Jail The Ho 2
Judge Jean Bolin (May '12) Jun 27 Meth-intosh Busted 12
Speed Trap along the I-95 corridor in Mcintosh ... (Nov '15) Jun 27 Mcintrash Finest 8
What McIntosh/Darien does not want you to know (May '13) Jun 15 squeen82 25
companies Jun 15 the local hog hun... 1
The Villas at Golden Isles May '16 LoriAnne 2
What Y'all think of District Attorney Jackie Jo... (Nov '11) Apr '16 David 99

Brunswick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages