Comments
761 - 780 of 1,174 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#785
Apr 26, 2012
 
narcissistic wrote:
oh, yeah, and the hair findings....guy was shaven bald at the time....its not his hair
He was not bald as in shaven with all stubble gone. His head wasnt glistening in the photo I saw of him taken the day he was arrested for the other charges but it did look like it had been buzzed recently.

And if I recall they found freshly clipped hairs. It will be interesting to know whos hairs they belong to and for witnesses to testify if Jr. had a fresh haircut before he said he went home that morning and found them dead.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#786
Apr 26, 2012
 
Phillygirl wrote:
Guy may have done it, but he's still innocent until proven guilty. On the other hand, how do we know he didn't cross some drug dealers who did this and he hasn't said so because they've threatened his younger brother and the rest of this family? We just don't know. I, too,find it hard to believe one person did this. But nothing's impossible, I guess.
I would think if that was true then the evidence found would not point to Jr as the murderer and LE would have no evidence to arrest Heinz, Jr..

IIRC, the police said early on that they sent a piece of evidence to the crime lab and when they got the results back is when they arrested Heinz, Jr some 8 days after the victims were killed.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#787
Apr 26, 2012
 
Out of State Reader wrote:
Very well stated Caring....
Misplaced, so glad to see another poster....
The one thing that puzzles me the most is the blood
this Mobil must have been like a pond of blood, how could they figure anything out with DNA?
Also did they ever say about the hair in one of the
hands that was killed? I kept waiting to hear must of missed it,
Top of the day to you, OoSR!

Actually the bloodier the crime scene happens to be the more the forensic experts can figure out what happened. Even possibly what sequence each victim was attacked. The blood found leaves a roadmap as to what happened in that home. Even void spots on the wall without blood can tell them what was blocking the blood from landing on a certain area and then landing in other areas very close by.

Remember LE were there while the victims were still inside of the mobile home. The blood pooling and blood spatter will tell them a lot. If LE/GBI used a forensic blue light or luminol it will light up all the blood in the home... even blood that cant be seen with by naked eye. It can also detect bloody shoeprints including sole pattern designs... even if they cant be seen with the naked eye. They will be able to determine if it was one sole murderer or more.

So I think they have collected an tremendous amount of forensic evidence in this case. IMO, the shotgun is going to be one of the murder weapons and maybe the kitchen knife too.

I sure hope this case goes to trial this year. No matter which death penalty case it is or what state it is held in.. it is very common that the trial doesnt happen for 3-4 years.Both the DA and the defense attorneys have other cases on the docket and death penalty cases usually takes much longer than most trials.

So I am hoping around the third anniversary of the murders the trial will get started.
Out of State Reader

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788
Apr 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hi Everyone!
As far back as two years ago when the threads first started I have always been in question about the gun.
Was supposed to be stolen! Could there have been other items stolen a debt not paid?

As I have stated before the subject of Drugs. I am not a user, but where I live a few pills and small amount of weed would be a pat on the back and don't do it again.
Drugs has been such a big issue in this case.

Last but lease I cannot believe that one of the folks did not awake and fight. Or a neighbor did not hear.
I do not believe if Jr. did this he was alone.
also my thoughts have been Jr. would not come back to trailer he would have stayed away and let someone else find them.
Again time will tell.
unname

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789
Apr 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i know for sure guy sr, did not use drugs . he only smoke cig. he had a love for all kids . that anyone who new him would know that .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#790
Apr 27, 2012
 
Do you know if Guy jr ever lived in waycross?
Caring

Sylvester, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#791
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Out of State Reader wrote:
Hi Everyone!
As far back as two years ago when the threads first started I have always been in question about the gun.
Was supposed to be stolen! Could there have been other items stolen a debt not paid?
As I have stated before the subject of Drugs. I am not a user, but where I live a few pills and small amount of weed would be a pat on the back and don't do it again.
Drugs has been such a big issue in this case.
Last but lease I cannot believe that one of the folks did not awake and fight. Or a neighbor did not hear.
I do not believe if Jr. did this he was alone.
also my thoughts have been Jr. would not come back to trailer he would have stayed away and let someone else find them.
Again time will tell.
If you have kept up with as many crime cases as I have done for decades you would know, often the suspect will return to the home, and 'pretend' they are the ones that just happen to stumble upon the bodies of their family members. Also calling 911 is common for a suspect to do. It is to try and divert the suspicion away from them. It rarely works and it didnt work in this case either.

There has never been anything said about the shotgun being stolen. I did read a post by a local, either here or on another site, that the gun belonged to one of the adult men that were murdered.

But stolen or not... there is no way to rationize Jr. taking the shotgun from the home in the first place, when he had just seen 'supposed;y' his whole family horribly disfigured, and murdered. Who thinks about taking a shotgun, and hiding it.. at such a traumatic time? Only the murderer would make sure they hid the weapon before LE arrived.

I dont think there is any evidence of a drug motive, except Tyler did say Jr. had brought drugs into the home. I have never seen one druggie use a weapon found in the home to murder someone. They simply come in with a high caliber weapon, and shoot everyone in the head execution style, and walk out. Or they will burn the house down with everyone inside. Everyone that has known the older male members of this family has said they did not do drugs.

LE told the family that these poor people were attacked as they slept. Why would they wake up? Bludgeoning someone to death makes no sound, and the box fans were on high. Thats why he didn't shoot them with the shotgun but used the butt of the gun to unmercifally crush their skulls. It was said that teeth of the victims were found in their home. This was brutal and unrelenting.

If I recall correctly a neighbor did hear a loud argument coming from the trailer about midnight. I think that is when it began, and he snuck back in when he knew they would all be sleeping.

If he did not do it alone there would be evidence of someone else being in the home at the time of the murders, and they also would have been arrested.

But even if he had help (which, imo, he didnt, it would not save him from the death penalty. His guilt would remain the same.

There are two events I remember, that I think could have sparked this. 1) All of the family was planning to move to a new place with in days of when they were killed and Jr. was not asked to move with them.*I think we are going to learn why he wasnt asked to go with them, imo. 2) His father had won a 25K settlement from a trailer manufacturing company. I believe Jr. thought his father was to get the money right away and with him dead he would be in line to get the money. 25K to a poor man is a hellavu lot of money. People have murdered for far less. He shot the others to to keep them silent.

I do think most likely Jr. was cracked out on drugs when he did this, but that is no viable defense. There is simply nothing to justify what he did, imo, and what the state is going to show, based on the evidence collected.. that points to him, and only him.
coincidence

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#792
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Excellent post

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#793
Apr 28, 2012
 
unname

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#794
May 9, 2012
 
any new trial dates , will the trial be on court tv . thank you for any dates if anyone knows
Lori

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#795
May 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Hope it will we all no it was more then one person

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#796
May 15, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

1

@ Caring:

Several times the gun was mentioned as being stolen. Obviously, you are not following the case close enough.

I will say this again: I was raised with Guy Sr and Rusty. These were fun loving guys back then and as they grew older and had kids, they became family oriented, fun loving, family loving men. Not perfect, but all around good guys.

Live for them has never been easy or financially secure. But, they made do the best way they could. Notice that the kids all lived with their fathers. That is rare. But, they kept it together and made sure their kids had a bed to sleep in and never had to go there hungry.

What does this say about the family? They were strong and loving. Guy Jr, too. He and his dad had family spats, but they were close. Jr would not kill his dad like this, nor would he kill anyone else. He was having a tough go at life and he did the same things many of us have done.

As for the DA not turning over evidence collected, they are in violation of law. The defense has a right to articles of discovery and the prosecution MUST fulfill their requests within a time frame. Clearly, they have not chosen to do this. They say they don't have it all back from the labs yet, but why not disclose what you do have? Because their game plan is to leave the defense hanging until the last minute and leave out some things that could exonerate Jr. They'll file motions to be able to use this stuff and the defense team will not have the time required to review and counter the DA's claims.

The defense has been trying to get this stuff for two years and not one single item has been turned over. Most items, they say, only had enough DNA evidence for one testing. In a slaughter house like this one must have been, I would think there would be enough DNA for a million tests. Doesn't anyone else think it is odd that only a few items were submitted and those don't have enough DNA???

And, they will show that there was some of Jr's blood in the house. What they won't say is that anytime anyone lives in a home, the odds of your blood or any DNA being present is nearly 100%. It could be from shaving, cutting a finger while cutting meat, fixing a broken toy or window, breaking a glass while washing dishes, or even rushing through a house of murdered people and maybe getting a splinter or stepping on something sharp on the floor. Jr's DNA and blood samples are in the house, for sure. But, does it mean anything at all??

Look, cops screw things up all the time. An arresst does not equal a conviction nor does it mean they have the right guy. It just means they think they do. That is why we have trials and appeals.

How many of you home jurists are going to apologize to Jr when the evidence shows he is not guilty? I bet many of you self-appointed arm chair experts are still going to think Jr did-- even if someone steps up and admits to it. You'll say Jr had a hand in it all along and he got off.

If I am wrong, I will admit it. But, I doubt I am. I knew these people very well. And, unlike most of you, I am NOT going to convict someone simply because of an arrest and what the media says.

To be a jurist, you must be able to qualify. The key to qualifying is to have an open mind and not convict based on reports. It is clear that few people in this thread will ever qualify-- you are convinced of guilt and have NO EVIDENCE to even look at.

I stand behind Jr on this. Unless he flat out says he did it, I still think he is innocent until evidence shows otherwise. You people should, too. Conviction by newspapers and rumors only shows narrow minds.

As for the police, I could tell you things that even the cheif has done that irrefutably shows he is incapable of important actions and bad reactions. Do I trust his judgement based on what I have personally seen him do/not do?? Not a snowball's chance in hell.
billy

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#797
May 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

the court date are at end of may .there will be a lot of fileing. and can anyone donote to guy jr . he needs your help to buy books and you can put money on his book thank you . just think if he did not do this. how would you feel ?
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#798
May 16, 2012
 
Misplaced. I do understand you standing by Jr. However; a jurist is a Judge not a juror and since I am from Georgia but not from that county. I wouldnt be eligible to sit on this jury anyway nor would I even try if I did live there. I would be open and honest and tell the Judge that I could not weigh this case fairly.

Since I have been a juror 5 times. I am very well aware of what is expected of jurors who sit on criminal cases, but as I have said, I will not be a potential juror on this case.

However: this is not a court of law. Topix is simply an opinion board and everyone has a right to voice their opinions... before, during, and after a trial is held. No where in our constitution does it say the public has to adhere to the rules given to jurors in trials. IUPG is a judicial requirement for jurors who are going to sit on the case, and has nothing to do with the public at large who is not sitting on a particular case.

I dont think it is going to be as simple as you say to dismiss the blood found in the home. A Prosecutor does not enter evidence of benign blood found willy nilly at a murder scene.If it were that simple defendants would be going free in droves instead of going to prison based on the forensic blood evidence found at the scene.

If the Prosecutor is in violation then the Judge would find them to be, and I havent heard one word suggesting they are in violation. In the Cesar Lauren trial the DA was still turnng over evidence seventeen days before the trial started. The Judge rules his/her courtroom.... not the attorneys.

If exculpatory evidence is entered that exhonerates Jr. I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong. That remains to be seen though. Although a vote of Not Guilty is in no way declaring anyone innocent. All it means is the DA did not have enough evidence to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

By you saying that Rusty and Sr, were good loving family men then all that does is convince me even more that an outsider would have no motive to murder them. Families can still be close yet they murder their own. It happens way too often.There is a thin line between love and hate and passions can rise high among family members.

The local police wasnt the only agency involved in this case. I do trust the GBI and feel they are them very competent and they have no reason to conspire with anyone to put an 'innocent' man on death row for murders he supposedly did not commit.

I will trust my instincts like I have done for years. I have been keeping up with criminal trials for decades. There is no rational reason why Jr would be more worried about hiding a shotgun(stolen or not) than he would his slaughtered family.

And, btw, do you have a link that the gun was stolen? Because you are flat out wrong, and I have kept up with this case from the day it happened, and have never seen verification the gun was stolen. Is this coming from Jr?

But.. I will say this as I have said since 2009 when it happened...I do expect the state to prove this case BARD. I have no reason at the this time to believe they will not do so since it is a death penalty case.

So we shall see.
billy

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#799
May 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

from what i been reading i dont belive guy.jr, had anything to do with this . i dont think no one will ever be. real sad . feel very sad for the family . it must have at least 2-or more .
unname

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#801
May 19, 2012
 
billy wrote:
from what i been reading i dont belive guy.jr, had anything to do with this . i dont think no one will ever be. real sad . feel very sad for the family . it must have at least 2-or more .
i guss you dont know what your talking about . pleASE stick with you know . william was a good guy and jr. guy apso have a good weekin {unname??????}
local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#802
May 24, 2012
 
Just heard that Jr. has found the Lord. That is great news, anyone can be forgiven by asking Jesus to be forgiven. I doubt if the State is going to be that forgiving.
unname

Ward, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#803
May 24, 2012
 
local wrote:
Just heard that Jr. has found the Lord. That is great news, anyone can be forgiven by asking Jesus to be forgiven. I doubt if the State is going to be that forgiving.
were did you heard that . i know what you say is true
Phillygirl

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#804
May 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

misplaced wrote:
@ Caring:
Several times the gun was mentioned as being stolen. Obviously, you are not following the case close enough.
I will say this again: I was raised with Guy Sr and Rusty. These were fun loving guys back then and as they grew older and had kids, they became family oriented, fun loving, family loving men. Not perfect, but all around good guys.
Live for them has never been easy or financially secure. But, they made do the best way they could. Notice that the kids all lived with their fathers. That is rare. But, they kept it together and made sure their kids had a bed to sleep in and never had to go there hungry.
What does this say about the family? They were strong and loving. Guy Jr, too. He and his dad had family spats, but they were close. Jr would not kill his dad like this, nor would he kill anyone else. He was having a tough go at life and he did the same things many of us have done.
As for the DA not turning over evidence collected, they are in violation of law. The defense has a right to articles of discovery and the prosecution MUST fulfill their requests within a time frame. Clearly, they have not chosen to do this. They say they don't have it all back from the labs yet, but why not disclose what you do have? Because their game plan is to leave the defense hanging until the last minute and leave out some things that could exonerate Jr. They'll file motions to be able to use this stuff and the defense team will not have the time required to review and counter the DA's claims.
The defense has been trying to get this stuff for two years and not one single item has been turned over. Most items, they say, only had enough DNA evidence for one testing. In a slaughter house like this one must have been, I would think there would be enough DNA for a million tests. Doesn't anyone else think it is odd that only a few items were submitted and those don't have enough DNA???
And, they will show that there was some of Jr's blood in the house. What they won't say is that anytime anyone lives in a home, the odds of your blood or any DNA being present is nearly 100%. It could be from shaving, cutting a finger while cutting meat, fixing a broken toy or window, breaking a glass while washing dishes, or even rushing through a house of murdered people and maybe getting a splinter or stepping on something sharp on the floor. Jr's DNA and blood samples are in the house, for sure. But, does it mean anything at all??
Look, cops screw things up all the time. An arresst does not equal a conviction nor does it mean they have the right guy. It just means they think they do. That is why we have trials and appeals.
How many of you home jurists are going to apologize to Jr when the evidence shows he is not guilty? I bet many of you self-appointed arm chair experts are still going to think Jr did-- even if someone steps up and admits to it. You'll say Jr had a hand in it all along and he got off.
If I am wrong, I will admit it. But, I doubt I am. I knew these people very well. And, unlike most of you, I am NOT going to convict someone simply because of an arrest and what the media says.
To be a jurist, you must be able to qualify. The key to qualifying is to have an open mind and not convict based on reports. It is clear that few people in this thread will ever qualify-- you are convinced of guilt and have NO EVIDENCE to even look at.
I stand behind Jr on this. Unless he flat out says he did it, I still think he is innocent until evidence shows otherwise. You people should, too. Conviction by newspapers and rumors only shows narrow minds.
As for the police, I could tell you things that even the cheif has done that irrefutably shows he is incapable of important actions and bad reactions. Do I trust his judgement based on what I have personally seen him do/not do?? Not a snowball's chance in hell.
You are so right.
Phillygirl

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#805
May 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

misplaced wrote:
@ Caring:
Several times the gun was mentioned as being stolen. Obviously, you are not following the case close enough.
I will say this again: I was raised with Guy Sr and Rusty. These were fun loving guys back then and as they grew older and had kids, they became family oriented, fun loving, family loving men. Not perfect, but all around good guys.
Live for them has never been easy or financially secure. But, they made do the best way they could. Notice that the kids all lived with their fathers. That is rare. But, they kept it together and made sure their kids had a bed to sleep in and never had to go there hungry.
What does this say about the family? They were strong and loving. Guy Jr, too. He and his dad had family spats, but they were close. Jr would not kill his dad like this, nor would he kill anyone else. He was having a tough go at life and he did the same things many of us have done.
As for the DA not turning over evidence collected, they are in violation of law. The defense has a right to articles of discovery and the prosecution MUST fulfill their requests within a time frame. Clearly, they have not chosen to do this. They say they don't have it all back from the labs yet, but why not disclose what you do have? Because their game plan is to leave the defense hanging until the last minute and leave out some things that could exonerate Jr. They'll file motions to be able to use this stuff and the defense team will not have the time required to review and counter the DA's claims.
The defense has been trying to get this stuff for two years and not one single item has been turned over. Most items, they say, only had enough DNA evidence for one testing. In a slaughter house like this one must have been, I would think there would be enough DNA for a million tests. Doesn't anyone else think it is odd that only a few items were submitted and those don't have enough DNA???
And, they will show that there was some of Jr's blood in the house. What they won't say is that anytime anyone lives in a home, the odds of your blood or any DNA being present is nearly 100%. It could be from shaving, cutting a finger while cutting meat, fixing a broken toy or window, breaking a glass while washing dishes, or even rushing through a house of murdered people and maybe getting a splinter or stepping on something sharp on the floor. Jr's DNA and blood samples are in the house, for sure. But, does it mean anything at all??
Look, cops screw things up all the time. An arresst does not equal a conviction nor does it mean they have the right guy. It just means they think they do. That is why we have trials and appeals.
How many of you home jurists are going to apologize to Jr when the evidence shows he is not guilty? I bet many of you self-appointed arm chair experts are still going to think Jr did-- even if someone steps up and admits to it. You'll say Jr had a hand in it all along and he got off.
If I am wrong, I will admit it. But, I doubt I am. I knew these people very well. And, unlike most of you, I am NOT going to convict someone simply because of an arrest and what the media says.
To be a jurist, you must be able to qualify. The key to qualifying is to have an open mind and not convict based on reports. It is clear that few people in this thread will ever qualify-- you are convinced of guilt and have NO EVIDENCE to even look at.
I stand behind Jr on this. Unless he flat out says he did it, I still think he is innocent until evidence shows otherwise. You people should, too. Conviction by newspapers and rumors only shows narrow minds.
As for the police, I could tell you things that even the cheif has done that irrefutably shows he is incapable of important actions and bad reactions. Do I trust his judgement based on what I have personally seen him do/not do?? Not a snowball's chance in hell.
I so agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr jeb stuart 49,602
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••