|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

GHoward wrote:
Interesting article Sunshine. I hadn't noticed that before. I suppose it could have been any one's birthday. They were quoting Kimberly Hutchenson a cousin of the Toler family.
A large and extended family with friends.
I can't see any of the family wanting to go to New Hope for a party even if the friend lived there. Just way too soon (The story is dated 9-01-09 ? and the murders were August 29, 2009?) Maybe I misunderstood the dates?
Hi GHoward, my take on the article is that the birthday celebration was Friday Aug.28,2009, that's the reason I'm wondering whose birthday it was. I'm also curious as to whom attended that birthday celebration & was there an arguement or some kind of altercation at the party? Previous articles stated that there was an altercation, involving Heinze, that night in one county that spilled over into the next county. Did the altercation or disagreement start at the trailor? With someone in the household? What is with the hold-up of this trial?
johnny

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

sunshine , please just leave it alone. the trial will be soon . it will all come out in the trial , now how is the weather down in ga ? hope you have a good weekin hpoe , lbguyjrlikyt
Sunshine

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

johnny wrote:
sunshine , please just leave it alone. the trial will be soon . it will all come out in the trial , now how is the weather down in ga ? hope you have a good weekin hpoe , lbguyjrlikyt
What language are you speaking toward the end of your statement? What do you mean? I'm not "in" Georgia.
life is tuff

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

any new news?
Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Yea, the murdering bastard is still in jail!
life is tuff

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

local . please turn to god . this life will soon be gone . have a good night.just a vapor in the wind God bless America

Since: Sep 09

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

No news at all that I have seen.

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Judged:

I share your frustration "life is tuff"

A month or more ago I wrote a kind of pissy note (No - I was polite but as usual a little overly opinionated) to Jacksonville.com about their featuring Guy's little brother so prominently and using his photo in their (not a little local paper) exploitative and very low life story. I'm sure I said it more delicately. It's late and my mind is fuzzy. I just thought they were picking on a kid who is having a hard enough time already.

Interesting response from the writer at Jacksonville.com (Teresa Stepzinski )who responded to my sentence about my thinking that the trial probably being later this year with - she did not think the trial would be as early as this year. Not a "fact" but I would trust her opinion or guess a)s the main crime writer for the region) much more than mine. Didn't the judge say she really wanted to bring this to trial as soon as possible? Given that she knows how complicated it may be.

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

GHoward wrote:
I share your frustration "life is tuff"
A month or more ago I wrote a kind of pissy note (No - I was polite but as usual a little overly opinionated) to Jacksonville.com about their featuring Guy's little brother so prominently and using his photo in their (not a little local paper) exploitative and very low life story. I'm sure I said it more delicately. It's late and my mind is fuzzy. I just thought they were picking on a kid who is having a hard enough time already.
Interesting response from the writer at Jacksonville.com (Teresa Stepzinski )who responded to my sentence about my thinking that the trial probably being later this year with - she did not think the trial would be as early as this year. Not a "fact" but I would trust her opinion or guess a)s the main crime writer for the region) much more than mine. Didn't the judge say she really wanted to bring this to trial as soon as possible? Given that she knows how complicated it may be.
Yes, I do think the Judge did mention she wanted to get this case to trial this year but if we judge other death penalty cases it may take three years or more instead of two years. Plus this is a much more complex case since it entails so many victims....increasing the forensic evidence tested.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Has there been any recent hearings lately? Once they start having regular pretrial hearings that will be a good indicator its getting closer.

Nice to see you posting, Greg.

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Judged:

Thanks Caring ! Good to hear from you. No hearings at all since the last one where Judge Amanda Lewis ordered that the defense team be provided with an additional investigator for them.
huh

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

DNA expert to observe state testing of 'critical' evidence in Brunswick mass murder
Defense: Death penalty trial likely will be in 2012.
Posted: June 29, 2011 - 11:14am

By Teresa Stepzinski
BRUNSWICK A defense expert will observe state DNA testing of blood stains on potential evidence deemed "critical" in the case of Guy Heinze Jr. who is charged with murdering his father and seven others nearly two years ago.
Heinze, 23, faces the death penalty if convicted of even one of the slayings at the home the victims' shared in New Hope Plantation Mobile Home Park north of Brunswick.
Newell Hamilton Jr., leading Heinze's defense team, told the Times-Union that Heinze won't go on trial until 2012 at the earliest.
District Attorney Jackie Johnson told the court that swabs of blood from 11 pieces of potential evidence will be consumed in the DNA analysis.
The tests will be done on blood stains found on the broken stock of a shotgun, a cell phone, a knife found in the kitchen, three spots on underwear, kahaki shorts, hair, a palm print on a document and on ceiling of the home, Johnson said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-06-29...
lori

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

dont unstan why it takes so long

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Thank you "huh" I just saw this post at "Web sleuths.com "
Posted by "Sigski

I appreciate your continued interest - We all do

DNA expert to observe state testing of 'critical' evidence in Brunswick mass murder

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...ck-mas...

It now appears that the trial will not be until next year.
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

Judged:

huh wrote:
Defense: Death penalty trial likely will be in 2012.
Posted: June 29, 2011 - 11:14am
By Teresa Stepzinski
BRUNSWICK A defense expert will observe state DNA testing of blood stains on potential evidence deemed "critical" in the case of Guy Heinze Jr. who is charged with murdering his father and seven others nearly two years ago.
Heinze, 23, faces the death penalty if convicted of even one of the slayings at the home the victims' shared in New Hope Plantation Mobile Home Park north of Brunswick.
Newell Hamilton Jr., leading Heinze's defense team, told the Times-Union that Heinze won't go on trial until 2012 at the earliest.
District Attorney Jackie Johnson told the court that swabs of blood from 11 pieces of potential evidence will be consumed in the DNA analysis.
The tests will be done on blood stains found on the broken stock of a shotgun, a cell phone, a knife found in the kitchen, three spots on underwear, kahaki shorts, hair, a palm print on a document and on ceiling of the home, Johnson said.
Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-06-29...
Thank you for the update. Been so wrapped up the Anthony murder trial I haven't checked in on this one lately.

From the sound of the article it seems they have found blood on his outer shorts, hair and underwear. He may have left behind his palm print from the blood of one of the victims too.

So it also sounds like the broken gun stock found in the driveway may have actually been the bludgeoning weapon used after all. I know we had heard about it being found by LE.

I am not surprised it is going to take three years in a death penalty case. Caylee Marie Anthony was killed on 6-15-08 and Casey Anthony's death penalty trial is being held right now.

Happy July 4th Everyone! Let freedom ring! Don't ever forget those who fight and have fought to keep us all free.
Sunshine

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Strange...no mention of testing being done on the finger nails of the victim found in the kitchen...nor none of the other victims in the trailer.
saywhat

Saint Simons Island, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

already been done
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Sunshine wrote:
Strange...no mention of testing being done on the finger nails of the victim found in the kitchen...nor none of the other victims in the trailer.
Morning Sunshine!

The finger nail clippings would been taken at time of autopsy. They may have already been tested. I think these items in the article were delayed because the testing may use up all of the evidence sample so the defense has to be there when they are doing the testing when that is the case.

However with it being such a bloody scene any DNA under the finger nails may be degraded if there was a lot of blood underneath them. Bacteria begins to grow immediately upon death and can destroy DNA under the finger nails. Also the scene and bodies may not show any interaction with the suspect. If these people were sleeping when murdered then most likely they never had a chance to try and grasp or scratch the suspect.

I remember in a case out of New York where a bartender murdered a young woman. She had scratched him across the neck with her nails but they were unable to ID the DNA under her nails because it had degraded. They still had enough other evidence to convict him though.
huh

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

because the bodies were found so quickly and the blood samples collected immediately, there wasn't enough time for the DNA to degrade beyond analysis
Sunshine

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Caring wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Sunshine!
The finger nail clippings would been taken at time of autopsy. They may have already been tested. I think these items in the article were delayed because the testing may use up all of the evidence sample so the defense has to be there when they are doing the testing when that is the case.
However with it being such a bloody scene any DNA under the finger nails may be degraded if there was a lot of blood underneath them. Bacteria begins to grow immediately upon death and can destroy DNA under the finger nails. Also the scene and bodies may not show any interaction with the suspect. If these people were sleeping when murdered then most likely they never had a chance to try and grasp or scratch the suspect.
I remember in a case out of New York where a bartender murdered a young woman. She had scratched him across the neck with her nails but they were unable to ID the DNA under her nails because it had degraded. They still had enough other evidence to convict him though.
Hello Caring. Interesting...I can't believe that who ever killed these people did not leave behind massive amounts of DNA on the victims & crime scene. Why were some of the victim's beaten beyond recognition & or face "smashed in" if not due to fighting back? The victim's either fought back or this crime was fueled by HATE...my two scents only...When were the finger nails tested?
Caring

Albany, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Caring. Interesting...I can't believe that who ever killed these people did not leave behind massive amounts of DNA on the victims & crime scene. Why were some of the victim's beaten beyond recognition & or face "smashed in" if not due to fighting back? The victim's either fought back or this crime was fueled by HATE...my two scents only...When were the finger nails tested?
I would think the nails were tested pretty early on in the case.

The victims could have been beaten unmercifully due to the rage of the suspect. Overkills are quite frequent in crimes especially crimes that involve family members where rage and hatred can be higher.

Its no different in a suspect shooting someone several times over and over again when one shot would have been enough to killed them. Overkills are quite common and honestly a shotgun stock is a foreboding bludgeoning weapon anyway. Lots of destruction can happen with one blow...much less repeated blows.

Personally I think he beat them to death excessively because he wanted each victim dead quickly so he could go on to the next victim..eliminating them one by one.

I really didn't expect him to have scratches or scrapes since no one in their right mind is going to rush into someone up close when they are swinging a lethal weapon that can knock their brains out with one blow if he makes contact. If any of them were awake (which I pray not) then I think they were trying to reason with him to come to his senses begging him to stop. Imo, they would be backing up trying to look for someway to escape. I don't think any of them stood a chance though. He knew their habits and he had them trapped. I want very much to believe that they all were sleeping. To know they may have all known death was coming is to horrifying to even imagine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 641 - 660 of1,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Brunswick Forum right now

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min Synergy 39,647
Ghost of Surrency (Jan '11) 2 hr JesseJamesDalton 12
Jessie to make Disney history with TV engagement Apr 19 Debby Ryan 1
beverly hill billy speed trap court of Darien Ga. (Jun '09) Apr 17 A passerby 132
Peggy Edenfield gets 60 years for Christopher B... (Sep '11) Apr 15 andrea perez 21
Murder suspect caught after 6 hour search throu... Apr 14 anon2 3
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
•••

Flood Warning for Glynn County was issued at April 22 at 9:10PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
•••