Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Seemingly everything he does seems to end up in the newspaper and Jacksonville.com so I don't think there is anything else to know.
He is not a public figure and the victim of a horrible horrible crime. I'm glad he didn't actually see it.
I think he's entitled to privacy and to be treated with dignity.
johnny

Stuttgart, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

GHoward yes you are 100 percent right , he is a good man as far as i know thats why the ? i was wanted to know . realy what has he done thats wrong . beside trying to stay out of truble. next time leave the spray at home tyler and the very little knifes

Since: Sep 09

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Thanks Johnny
Out of State Reader

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

I must agree with G.Howard everything about this kid ends up in the newspaper.
I also think he's entitled to privacy.
BrunswickNative

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Judged:

You mean everything he does WRONG or ILLEGAL ends up in the paper don't you?

Really? He deserves privacy?!?!? ANY kid bringing weapons, even though you people don't think it is serious, onto a school campus will have his or her name in the local paper.

And anyone foolish enough to report to the police that " a large sum of money was taken from them in a crack selling neighborhood" deserves all the publicity they can get!

Y'all should subscribe to the Brunswick News, we even tell who taught Sunday school last week down to the Methodist Church!

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Judged:

Y'all should subscribe to the Brunswick News, we even tell who taught Sunday school last week down to the Methodist Church!
That is the most valid point I have heard. It isn't New York City.
Caring

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Out of State Reader wrote:
I must agree with G.Howard everything about this kid ends up in the newspaper.
I also think he's entitled to privacy.
LTNS OoSR!

I don't know a kid in this country who brings weapons to school that doesn't gets his/her name in the paper..especially if they are 17 years old like Tyler who will be tried as an adult.

Why should he be given privacy when he has been arrested for an illegal act? Sorry, I don't understand why that should remain private when it isn't for any other person.

Heck, we are seeing the names of 11 and 12 year olds in the news when they commit crimes. Tyler doesn't have some special privileges.

Maybe it would just be better for Tyler to not commit illegal acts in the first place and that way the police wont be involved and neither will the media.

The media has a right to look at the arrest docket daily and report on it in their community.

No one put Tyler in the news but Tyler.
Caring

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

GHoward wrote:
That is the most valid point I have heard. It isn't New York City.
LOL! No it isn't NYC.........thank God.

Brunswick is a beautiful quaint town. Tourists love to come there. Probably some from NYC. lol

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks Caring. I hate NYC too. What I do like is that beautiful Georgia country,old old oak trees and Spanish moss.
I would like to visit the islands too but I hear the residents consider them "exclusive" - cancelled the Fourth of July Fireworks to keep folks off the island. They are part of Georgia - they must have a public beach. maybe a nice bed and breakfast....?
GoE

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Aww GHoward, don't be a hater !:-)

NYC is a wonderful place, but I suppose not for everyone. I've lived in both Boston and NYC and wouldn't exchange the lessons learned for anything.

I.e... don't ask for a 'milkshake' in Boston if you want ice cream in it! And don't 'expect' your cab will make the 2 block drive in under 10 minutes in NYC !

Sometimes you have to slip into insanity for the sake of comparison.
(Sorry to go off topic :-))
huh

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Younger Heinze released on bail in Glynn weapons case

Source URL: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-03-31...

By Teresa Stepzinski
BRUNSWICK A Glynn County judge ordered Tyler Heinze released on personal recognizance Wednesday until his next court appearance on felony weapon charges.

Heinze, who turned 18 Tuesday, had been in the Glynn County jail since school police arrested him Friday on two counts of felony possession of a weapon on school property.

He brought a can of high potency pepper spray and two folding knives onto the Glynn Academy campus about 1:35 p.m. March 23, an incident report says.

The following day, Heinze, a senior, graduated from the high school having completed all course work, passed the graduation test and met the other standards, county school system records show.

On Wednesday, Glynn County Chief Magistrate Tim Barton set a $6,058 bail for Heinze, then authorized his release on his own recognizance. Heinze got out about 11:30 a.m.

Heinze is the brother of Guy Heinze Jr., who will be tried for his life in the slaying of their father and seven other people at a mobile home they shared at New Hope Plantation Mobile Home Park. Guy Heinze Jr. remains jailed without bail.
glynnresident

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

GHoward
First, let me say it is so nice that you accept others opinions as their own and are open to discussions. It is a nice change from some other posters on sites like this.
I just wanted to invite you to St. Simons Island ANYTIME. It is a great place. I am not sure who told you they cancelled fireworks, but that is not true. St. Simons Island has had a very nice fireworks show that I have attended for the last 20 years. Sea Island is very exclusive and not open to us "commoners" haha. St. Simons does have beautiful marshes, palm trees and great old oaks. Our beaches are beautiful but because of all of the marsh the waters is brown! only drawback. There is alot of history here and many things to do and many places to stay. We are a tourist minded island, there are some residents that would prefer to keep the tourist out to keep the island all to themselves, but shop owners and folks who depend on the tourist industry welcome visitors any time!
Have a good day!

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

For those who say this was a legitimate local story to run and shows "No special treatment" (The Brunswick News)

I read the story in The Florida Times Union.

With daily circulation of 108,926, Florida Times-Union is one of the largest circulation newspapers in the USA. Learn more at Mondo Newspapers, the worldwide newspaper directory.

C'mon It simply wasn't that big a story to run his photo too.

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Thanks very much "glynnresident" strange but true I got my first idea of how historic the area was from the first news stories about New Hope Plantation (1763 the sign says).

I noticed the huge old trees there ( all trailer parks I have seen are in very undesirable locations) Why all the interest in big old trees? There is virtually nor old growth forest left in New England. Most cleared as farm land 100 years or more ago, Occasionally the farms would leave one maple or oak in the corner of a pasture to give his livestock shade. Also the old graveyards here have great old trees.
Georgia looks like it didn't go that rout and is part of why I think it is so beautiful. Your mild weather is a big plus too ((Smile)).
(The fireworks story I got from a local news story - glad it's not true) The Fourth is one of my favorite Holidays.
BrunswickNative

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

GHoward wrote:
For those who say this was a legitimate local story to run and shows "No special treatment" (The Brunswick News)
I read the story in The Florida Times Union.
With daily circulation of 108,926, Florida Times-Union is one of the largest circulation newspapers in the USA. Learn more at Mondo Newspapers, the worldwide newspaper directory.
C'mon It simply wasn't that big a story to run his photo too.
And your point would be...what exactly? It may have been in the Savannah news as well, as both Jax and Sav are less than an hour from here. A little dissapointed it did not make national news myself. Normally when a kid BRINGS A WEAPON to SCHOOL, all the major wires run it.
Out of State Reader

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

Judged:

GHoward wrote:
Thanks Caring. I hate NYC too. What I do like is that beautiful Georgia country,old old oak trees and Spanish moss.
I would like to visit the islands too but I hear the residents consider them "exclusive" - cancelled the Fourth of July Fireworks to keep folks off the island. They are part of Georgia - they must have a public beach. maybe a nice bed and breakfast....?
Now Greg, I want you to write down all these places on our trip to Brunswick...Don't worry about Bed & Breakfast we will be out of our Home Town we can party all night long. Leave Nice Home...Just keep that Journal off us.lol
Out of State Reader

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2011

What was the reason for pepper spray and two folding knives? Did anyone ever say?
johnny

Bald Knob, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

cabot arkansas is the place were tyler need to move it is so peaceful here . i always wanted to know why anyone would live in ga, tyler please come to cabot after you take care of the chaeges , you will never ------------ in ga
Caring

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

johnny wrote:
cabot arkansas is the place were tyler need to move it is so peaceful here . i always wanted to know why anyone would live in ga, tyler please come to cabot after you take care of the chaeges , you will never ---------- in ga
Georgia is beautiful. It has mountains...lakes....beaches and everything in between.

It is also the 7th fatest growing state in the nation.

Lots of people want to move to Georgia and are doing so.

10 fastest-growing states
7 of 10 #7: Georgia
Census 2010: The full story
Population: 9,687,653
Growth rate: 18.3%:

Georgia is helped significantly by Atlanta, one of the fastest growing large cities in the nation: It added 122,000 people between 2000 and 2009, a 29% growth rate.

The state population has soared nearly as fast, up more than 18% this decade. That followed a 26.4% jump from 1990 to 2000, the highest rate of growth for Georgia since the 19th century.

NEXT:#8: Florida

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/pf/1012/g...

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

The US population has definitely shifting south for some time. I'd like to myself (family and roots keep me here) Georgia is a big place. I'd like to see all of it.
Yes, Tyler may live a happier life somewhere else after this is all over. That's going to be a long time form now in my opinion. After all Georgia is is home. Even young roots can run deep.
Until then all I can do is include the entire family in my prayers and leave them in what peace they can find.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr rename 49,838
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000