Posted in the Bruceton Forum

does it matter

Cleveland, TN

#1 Mar 6, 2008
this town is dead why
Jennifer

Camden, TN

#2 Mar 23, 2008
because there are too many old people and bible thumpers that live here and don't want anything going on
Perry

Paris, TN

#3 Apr 16, 2008
Ditto the old people and bible thumpers. Add also the small-minded.
SHORTY

Cedar City, UT

#4 Apr 18, 2008
WHAT HAPPEN TO WISMER COURT APTS. CAN THIS PLACE BE SAVED?
Russ

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2008
I grew up in Camden and Paris. I have not lived in TN since I was 18. I am 49 years old and have lived in California since 1987. I went back to Camden and Paris last year and found a town that unfortunately appeared to me to be stuck in a time warp. Although I love my hometowns dearly, I couldn't help but feel a dominating presence of fear that kept a hold on the towns I cared for.

I love tradition and find it refreshing to see the past but we live in the present. If smaller towns do not learn to live in faith for their futures and embrace growth and change, they are doomed to lose the next generation to the larger cities. I love California very much it is now my home. Camden and the surrounding areas will always have a special place in my heart. It is too beautiful an area to be wasted on fear of what is new. The only one sure thing in life is change. Embrace it!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 30, 2010
Yes it is sad.
Christian Smishtian

Murray, KY

#7 Oct 30, 2010
Russ wrote:
I grew up in Camden and Paris. I have not lived in TN since I was 18. I am 49 years old and have lived in California since 1987. I went back to Camden and Paris last year and found a town that unfortunately appeared to me to be stuck in a time warp. Although I love my hometowns dearly, I couldn't help but feel a dominating presence of fear that kept a hold on the towns I cared for.
I love tradition and find it refreshing to see the past but we live in the present. If smaller towns do not learn to live in faith for their futures and embrace growth and change, they are doomed to lose the next generation to the larger cities. I love California very much it is now my home. Camden and the surrounding areas will always have a special place in my heart. It is too beautiful an area to be wasted on fear of what is new. The only one sure thing in life is change. Embrace it!
Its because lots of people listen to Fox news and talk radio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruceton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Stowe (Jul '14) 3 hr Hmm 38
GT Freeman 8 hr I KNOW 1
Chris and sherry travis Sun momma cougar 2
silver ford ranger Jul 23 Heather 11
I saw u at walmart Jul 22 Per 6
Becky Corbitt (Jan '16) Jul 21 Dents in the hood 5
Good looking dark haired girl at pizza hut Jul 21 Evel Dick 7

Bruceton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance