Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73893 Mar 25, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Hey, if I offended you. Maybe I DO need to take a break. Everyday of reading this crap is changing me and I probably know it better than anybody else!
Please go away. We have been telling you for months you are nuts. Thanks for finally accepting your faults. Put the booze down and back away from the computer.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#73894 Mar 25, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I know this is going to shock you, so you better sit down. Are you ready??? I did not write that Article! I only posted it in the spirit of informing the Public of something I found interesting and thought they needed to know.
Neither do I own the Publication it was Reported in nor the Internet , nor the Publishing Company.
It's not like you Teapublicans and Fox Fake News...both of you only post what you like and want the Public to know, to further your Agenda.
I really don't give that much thought to whether I like what the FBI does or not. Since they are the Chief Law Enforcement Agency in the Nation, they're going to do what they want to, as long as the President, Congress, or the Supreme Court doesn't tell them they can't!
Their job is to catch Criminals...my job is NOT to be one! I'll do my job and they can do theirs!
Oh Sweet Pea.You are the one who said the teapubs better look over their shoulder especialy the ones who stock pile guns.Then Sweet Pea put up the site about the FBI.
SO..What does that mean?I picked up a little glee from Pea.
Then shortly after I am one of the attackers the passive aggressives who will probably kill in the streets.And...This was also around the time of the Zombie attacks.
What country do you prefer in the Middle East?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#73896 Mar 25, 2013
rbs wrote:
Ever felt smothered? Lmao
Yes I have but I wasn't laughing my a off I was too busy running my a off.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#73898 Mar 25, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because Topix has become known as a "Hate" Site, even though it is still a Social Site , defined as a Site where People talk to each other...or, verbally abuse each other would be more accurate. Didn't used to be that way, but that is what it has become in the last couple of years, thanks to the Trolls!
And guess who is the #1 person on here bringing the hate???? Anyone disagreeing with you, you fill the thread with hate. You hate Republicans, you hate Fox News, you hate the wealthy, you hate your neighbors, you hate your community and you even state you hate being on here, but you always seem to be on here. If Topix is a hate site, you can thank yourself. Once again, go get some help.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#73899 Mar 25, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Now Pete, we both know there are two sides of the same coin on this tax issue;
What percentage do you claim as overhead expenses on your taxes?
Hey Dunlapian, I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking regarding overhead expenses. Can you clarify and I would be more than happy to answer. Hope you are doing well.
rbs

United States

#73900 Mar 25, 2013
Otays :)
SpySpyPorn

Martin, TN

#73901 Mar 25, 2013
Hey SSS go to the other site..... I sent you more porn
Really Sassy Porn Star

Athens, Greece

#73902 Mar 25, 2013
Oh please please send me some porn.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73904 Mar 25, 2013
"Texas Shootout Gun Killed Colorado Prison Chief: Sheriff."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/gun-texas-shootout-matc... #

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73906 Mar 25, 2013
This is exactly what the Teapublicans are doing in this Country, too! I think we should send all of them to Egypt. How about it, Ladies...I'll chip in for a couple of their Airfares, as long as we don't let them come back!
----------
"Rise In Egypt Sex Assaults Sets Off Clash Over Blame."

Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/world/middl...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73907 Mar 26, 2013
Cute and funny story. We can use all of the humor we can get, nowadays.:)
----------
"PA. Groundhog's Handler Taking Blame For Forecast."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/pa-groundhogs-handler-t...
Six pack Sam

Ville-d'avray, France

#73908 Mar 26, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Cute and funny story. We can use all of the humor we can get, nowadays.:)
----------
"PA. Groundhog's Handler Taking Blame For Forecast."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/pa-groundhogs-handler-t...
I never did believe in that stuff did you?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73909 Mar 26, 2013
What a heart-warming Story and it renewed my faith in the kindness of People AND improved my opinion of some Big Businesses.
If we had a "Chili's" in my area, they'd have my patronage just because of the way their Employees handled this situation. Well done!
----------
"Autistic Girl's Broken Cheeseburger Story Goes Viral."

Click here:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/autistic...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73910 Mar 26, 2013
Six pack Sam wrote:
<quoted text>I never did believe in that stuff did you?
Naw...it's just a little fun thing that caught on and became very popular, but it's all worthless as far as predicting the weather. Brings in a lot of Tourism money to PA,, too, and from the Press People that cover the event.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73911 Mar 26, 2013
"Report: George W. Bush Has Most Expenses Among Former Presidents For 2012."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/report...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#73912 Mar 26, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
All you rich haters oughta love this:
Cyprus strikes last-minute EU bailout deal
Agreement set to involve heavy losses for wealthy investors, while those with savings under 100,000 will be spared.
European leaders reached an agreement with Cyprus early on Monday morning that closes down the island's second-biggest bank and inflicts huge losses on wealthy savers.
This is a poor way to address the crisis and is obviously a last resort effort to hold the E.U. together. It will be a one time cash infusion, not a long term funding mechanism for Cyprus. That alone illustrates the fragility of the "union" which is looking more every day, as if it will not survive. The more wealthy in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even Britian seeing this move, will take action to protect their money before a program like this comes to their country courtesy of the E.U.
This just weakens the future taxing (revenue) potential of those countries. With this one shot revenue infusion will come austerity measures, almost guaranteeing that country will remain in recession and further reduce tax collections.
Those throwing stones at Europe from here would do well to remember that the economic collapse and deep recession began here at home and spread to Europe, not the reverse. That crisis came as a result of a housing bubble. I think we are in the process of creating another bubble now. By driving interest rates to zero, we are forcing savers who were dependent on interest income out of safe banking instruments like certificates of deposit in insured banks, into more risky investments in the stock market. That market has risen above the level it was trading at, prior to the recession...but worker's wages are flat, unemployment is still high, and most "Main Street" businesses have NOT recovered. With all that in mind....can a stock market correction be far behind ? And what would a deep correction do to those savers I mentioned above ?
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

#73913 Mar 26, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> That question has as many answers as there are Republican voters. Being from the solidly Republican part of our state, I have many (actually mostly) Republican friends and I have discussed this with all of them at one time or another. Some have families that have voted Republican going back to the Civil War, when parts of East Tn. sided with the north. Some became Republicans during Reconstruction when Parson Brownlow was handing out patronage jobs to every East Tennessee Republican.
Then there is the abortion issue, which has torn apart the country since it became legal. This issue places a LOT of the folks you asked about in opposition to all Democrats. That opposition is reinforced frequently from the pulpits of country Churches many times a year. Democratic support for same sex marriage and the end of organized school prayer also deepen the gulf. I have personally heard Preachers pontificate that if gay marriage becomes legal, Churches will be required to marry gay people.....I have also heard one say that no person could be a Christian and vote for a Democrat. Some folks can dismiss false claims like these, but....many good folks believe them, AND most people have such a low regard for politicians that it is hard to believe anything they say, especially when comparing them to a Preacher.
Some party affiliations go back to the time prior to civil service laws, when a change in party in the Governor's office meant job losses for everyone not a member of that party. Some who lost those jobs, or had a daddy or a grandpa that did have LONG memories and find it hard to forgive.
SADLY there is a racial element involved for a small segment of our population and that is exploited by some politicians. We all have seen some of this on this thread...the "welfare queen dripping with jools and driving a cadillac that buys steak with her food stamps" and those "young bucks" that collect welfare, will not work and father numerous children without marrying the mothers or supporting those kids, and "Food Stamp President" are code for those who are not like "us".
Here in rural Tennessee, the issue of gun control drives some into the Republican party, as almost every home has a shotgun a rifle or two and a pistol, most folks intend to keep them, and are convinced that the Dems are going to confiscate them all.
These are just a few of the reasons why some folks of modest means vote against their best ECONOMIC interests and for a party that increasingly represents the wealthy.
Interesting. Here in my part of West TN, most of the older folks always voted Democrat.

when I first came here 5-6 years ago, I was astounded that people were seriously for Hillary despite their religious beliefs. I asked about it, and was told that everyone in the south was used to voting democrat.

Things started to change when the democrat party was taken over by it's extreme left wing, i..e. Pelosi and the other California dem's,(sorry, we don't have a cute name like tea publicans for your left wing whacko's) with their gay agenda, and the same spend thrift policies that have buried that state.

So what's happened is that because they do not relate to the current extreme left of the party, they gravitate towards republicans, despite the fact that most of the population here receives some sort of public assistance.

I guess voters are fickle. Catholics vote democrat despite abortion. Jews vote democrat despite Obama's disdain for Israel. Blacks vote democrat despite the fact that democrat's have not been able to raise their lot in life after 50 years of trying.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73914 Mar 26, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is a poor way to address the crisis and is obviously a last resort effort to hold the E.U. together. It will be a one time cash infusion, not a long term funding mechanism for Cyprus. That alone illustrates the fragility of the "union" which is looking more every day, as if it will not survive. The more wealthy in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even Britian seeing this move, will take action to protect their money before a program like this comes to their country courtesy of the E.U.
This just weakens the future taxing (revenue) potential of those countries. With this one shot revenue infusion will come austerity measures, almost guaranteeing that country will remain in recession and further reduce tax collections.
Those throwing stones at Europe from here would do well to remember that the economic collapse and deep recession began here at home and spread to Europe, not the reverse. That crisis came as a result of a housing bubble. I think we are in the process of creating another bubble now. By driving interest rates to zero, we are forcing savers who were dependent on interest income out of safe banking instruments like certificates of deposit in insured banks, into more risky investments in the stock market. That market has risen above the level it was trading at, prior to the recession...but worker's wages are flat, unemployment is still high, and most "Main Street" businesses have NOT recovered. With all that in mind....can a stock market correction be far behind ? And what would a deep correction do to those savers I mentioned above ?
I hope a correction is all the Stock Market does. I think it's going to crash. Since all of the regulations were done away with, the same scenario, manipulated by the same type of Investors, is in play right now, very similar to what happened in 1929. It's not exactly the same, but there are enough similarities that everybody should be concerned. If it does, hopefully it won't be as bad as the Crash of '29, but it will still hurt a lot of Investors. I hope I'm wrong.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#73915 Mar 26, 2013
BTW OT, Good Morning. I can't stay on here, but I just wanted to tell you "Hi".
Timbuk2

Boca Raton, FL

#73916 Mar 26, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> This is a poor way to address the crisis and is obviously a last resort effort to hold the E.U. together. It will be a one time cash infusion, not a long term funding mechanism for Cyprus. That alone illustrates the fragility of the "union" which is looking more every day, as if it will not survive. The more wealthy in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even Britian seeing this move, will take action to protect their money before a program like this comes to their country courtesy of the E.U.
This just weakens the future taxing (revenue) potential of those countries. With this one shot revenue infusion will come austerity measures, almost guaranteeing that country will remain in recession and further reduce tax collections.
Those throwing stones at Europe from here would do well to remember that the economic collapse and deep recession began here at home and spread to Europe, not the reverse. That crisis came as a result of a housing bubble. I think we are in the process of creating another bubble now. By driving interest rates to zero, we are forcing savers who were dependent on interest income out of safe banking instruments like certificates of deposit in insured banks, into more risky investments in the stock market. That market has risen above the level it was trading at, prior to the recession...but worker's wages are flat, unemployment is still high, and most "Main Street" businesses have NOT recovered. With all that in mind....can a stock market correction be far behind ? And what would a deep correction do to those savers I mentioned above ?
I have a friend who built a successful car repair business in chicago. He retired to his homeland, Cypress, and bought some rental properties.

The local economy had degraded to the point that no one has paid rent in three years, and most have kept alive by bartering services. He's horrified because he sees this country going the same way. In the most recent conversation, he advised to take your money out of the bank.

You mention interest rates. When they start to go up, this country and most in it are finished.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruceton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huntingdon Police (Jan '12) 9 min TNroad 40
What's the old McDonalds being turned into? 18 min TNroad 5
gym (Mar '14) 24 min TNroad 12
porn sites (Jun '13) 2 hr BullPen 8
Carroll County Sheriff's Race (Jul '10) 4 hr balljack 151
Byron Ray Wilson (Dec '13) 7 hr 6star 10
looking for laney , or kenny jobe 16 hr negative 4
Bruceton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bruceton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bruceton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bruceton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 4:46PM
Rookie Beckham leads Giants past Rams 37-27
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West