fireworks at lake?
bookworm

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jun 21, 2013
I was wondering if they will be having fireworks on the 4th at the new lake?
dandy

United States

#2 Jun 23, 2013
no! against church laws.

Lexington, TN

#3 Jun 23, 2013
Huh? What church?
miss priss

Columbia, TN

#4 Jun 26, 2013
Yes they are having fireworks at promptly 930pm on the 4th of July... Free to the public... The Farm 100.9 has been advertising it...
chime

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2013
what lake?

United States

#6 Jul 4, 2013
that was the worst fireworks show ever.
therealfatshady

Ashland City, TN

#7 Jul 4, 2013
WTF!!
miss priss

Columbia, TN

#8 Jul 4, 2013
guest wrote:
that was the worst fireworks show ever.
Which one? The park or the new lake??
EnoughtSaid

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jul 5, 2013
There was such a big crowd of folks all around the Dam. Mayor Kelley was so embarrassed with the Fire works he left a couple of min. before they were over.

Alot of folks left when the short show was over with others still thinking there was going to be more to see.

Big day for the lake to draw people in with the Fire work show being a flop.

In the county paper this week. It was reported that the lake has made around $55,000 so far. With half the year gone and only a couple more months of warm days It will be hard for the lake to break even. Plus all of the Huntingdon Employee still working out there. How can the City of Huntingdon allow city workers to be out there and not do the work in the city limits. It is not a city lake. Miss use of city funds.
CBJ

Hornsby, TN

#10 Jul 31, 2013
EnoughtSaid wrote:
With half the year gone and only a couple more months of warm days It will be hard for the lake to break even.
Break even? Did they take the wheel tax off of your vehicle registration? They didn't on mine...
really

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 1, 2013
Its pitiful we as Carroll county residents are charged to go to the lake, we already pay more wheel tax than anyone around west Tenn it just seems like we the ppl are being took advantage of! It isn't a good place to live if your trying to save and plan for the future! We already got to drive 30 mins to a hour for a decent place to eat we all know Huntingdon doesn't have anything good plus this lake isn't that impressive they could've done a lot better Huntingdon and Carroll county is on downward spiral if they don't improve for our youth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruceton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Staci jo brogdon McGrady 2 hr Hehaw 2
Figgit spinners 4 hr Virgil Bonerschmitz 6
Erica Bradford (Mar '14) 4 hr lol 8
Billy the Kid 5 hr BILLY THE KID 66
Brandon chamness (Jul '12) 5 hr BILLY THE KID 9
Yates in smyrna (Mar '11) 12 hr Crittermane21 1,562
David Rhamy Accident 16 hr Frank O 3

Bruceton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance