PC Repair and upgrading help

Posted in the Broxton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tipton

Adel, GA

#1 Aug 5, 2012
I need work done on my Computer, but I want the work done to be professional. Is there anyone in Douglas that does quality work?
hounddog

Douglas, GA

#2 Aug 5, 2012
As far as Douglas I know there are 2 stores. One is beside dairy queen cannot think of the name but the guy puts a new meaning on the everyday Iím hustlin phase out there with his sign. The other one is in north pointe plaza by the Georgia department of revenue. As for the rest I know of me and probably 6 more guys that do work on the side outside their regular computer jobs.
Busters

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Aug 5, 2012
If you are going to take it to PS Busters, you might as well go ahead and take it to Total PC. That is what they will do because they dont really know how to fix them. They also will "contract" it out to various people. These guys are a joke. Nothing more that a middle man for Total PC.
tanner

Douglas, GA

#4 Aug 5, 2012
There is still a guy at biglots who will help. I use him and never had an issue. Hes VERY good and he actually knows what hes doing. People on here will tell you " you get what you pay for", but with this guy, He is out to HELP you, not just to make a dollar. Some people from Douglas will try to make a fast dollar, But this guy has a passion to help someone
Old doc

Douglas, GA

#5 Aug 5, 2012
Jamie at PC4U (in the Mar-Craft building) is great and reasonable.
ur right

Brunswick, GA

#6 Aug 6, 2012
Tanner, you are so right! His name is Steve and he is wonderful! He has helped me and my family several times, very knowledgeable and reasonable. Promise you can't go wrong w/ him!
no issues

Douglas, GA

#7 Aug 6, 2012
I use hounddog he has always treated me fair, only problem is haggling him to take your money

“Play it again, Sam.”

Since: Oct 11

Casablanca

#8 Aug 6, 2012
My husband is an IT professional that holds certifications including A+, MCP, MCSA, and LCE.

You can contact him via his business, KDT SERVICES at dterrell@kdtserv.net or leave me a message on here with your contact info and he can contact you.
Jon

Douglas, GA

#9 Aug 6, 2012
L_E_Terrell wrote:
My husband is an IT professional that holds certifications including A+, MCP, MCSA, and LCE.
You can contact him via his business, KDT SERVICES at dterrell@kdtserv.net or leave me a message on here with your contact info and he can contact you.
I have used your husband before. I have found others who are cheaper on pricing.
FYI

Fitzgerald, GA

#10 Aug 6, 2012
I use the all mobile JJ's PC services. You can look them up on facebook and get their phone number off there. They come to you and do a good job!
Simpson

Douglas, GA

#11 Aug 6, 2012
ur right wrote:
Tanner, you are so right! His name is Steve and he is wonderful! He has helped me and my family several times, very knowledgeable and reasonable. Promise you can't go wrong w/ him!
Yeah I use him too. He's certified with Mac. Took him my IPAD for repair. He had it fixed overnight. No one in town knew anything about Mac computers. He's that good.

“Play it again, Sam.”

Since: Oct 11

Casablanca

#12 Aug 6, 2012
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have used your husband before. I have found others who are cheaper on pricing.
You get what you pay for. Others in Coffee County to find him not only to be the best at what he does but reasonably priced as well.
Blessed evening :)
LadyPM

Bowersville, GA

#13 Aug 7, 2012
L_E_Terrell wrote:
<quoted text>
You get what you pay for. Others in Coffee County to find him not only to be the best at what he does but reasonably priced as well.
Blessed evening :)
I don't think anyone was questioning your husbands ability. He does great work. What I took from that is if you have two people with the same quality of work to be done, and on e was cheaper than the other. Which would you choose? God bless
Please

Concord, NC

#14 Aug 7, 2012
I donít know about all these fly by night and roaming computer guys. I think Iíll stick to the ones with store fronts and that have been in business for a while!
hounddog

Douglas, GA

#15 Aug 7, 2012
Now that made me think and someone help me out. Computer Store fronts (not store front out of the house or sign in the yard) A business store front that pays fees to the county or city. How many do we have and how long have they been there.
I saw that someone had MCSA and was wondering in what platform or base.
Also i would not worry about a fly by night roaming computer guy. As long as the work in the computer field i would trust them.
Dreamer

Douglas, GA

#16 Aug 7, 2012
Please wrote:
I donít know about all these fly by night and roaming computer guys. I think Iíll stick to the ones with store fronts and that have been in business for a while!
If you want to pay the higher price, then I guess you can. If I know smeone who does real quality work as a Second Job From an at home business, Yes I will go with them because its a AT HOME BUSINESS. Those are not FLY BY THE NIGHT by anymeans.
Teri

Douglas, GA

#17 Aug 7, 2012
Fly By night are those businesses like PC911 or ITECH, here one moment, gone the next for whatever reason. Some people work from home as a second jobs, so they can provide for their families. They have NO overhead costs involved and there are several tax advantages as well. If you had the chance, would you work from home, YES. everytime.
not a happy customer

Perry, GA

#18 Aug 7, 2012
We took our laptop to the pc place by Dairy Queen. We were very disappointed. All it needed was the dc jack to be replace due to being broke when it was accidentally dropped. It took about 3 weeks to get it fixed. To make matters worse they misplaced our power cord. He first said we never gave him the power cord to use and part of the "service charge" was for the use of their power cord. Then he was reminded with specific details that the cord was indeed left with him. Then he said his tech must have taken it home and gave us an adapter power cord...not good. We also notice that one of the letter keys was different. when keys are shiny with one dull ya know somebody screwed around again. Also quoted one price for the part but when we looked at the invoice when we picked up the laptop, the price for the part was almost doubled..yeah another fail on their part. We will NEVER take any computer we have to them ever again.
Teri

Douglas, GA

#19 Aug 7, 2012
hounddog wrote:
Now that made me think and someone help me out. Computer Store fronts (not store front out of the house or sign in the yard) A business store front that pays fees to the county or city. How many do we have and how long have they been there.
I saw that someone had MCSA and was wondering in what platform or base.
Also i would not worry about a fly by night roaming computer guy. As long as the work in the computer field i would trust them.
None of the computer Repair places have been established for more than 3 years. Many close up shop due to personal reasons or they simply are over priced. Many of them do the ebay thing. Buy parts off ebay/amazon ect. People have wised up and thats why some are no longer in business. There are several people that do great work. PC4U is good, also south georgia Computer repair does good work. I know the guy from biglots was in my class at East Central Tech, he was very good and he knows his stuff.

Just as a side note, No one should bash another company on here. Its seriously unprofessional.
Tommy

Douglas, GA

#20 Aug 7, 2012
not a happy customer wrote:
We took our laptop to the pc place by Dairy Queen. We were very disappointed. All it needed was the dc jack to be replace due to being broke when it was accidentally dropped. It took about 3 weeks to get it fixed. To make matters worse they misplaced our power cord. He first said we never gave him the power cord to use and part of the "service charge" was for the use of their power cord. Then he was reminded with specific details that the cord was indeed left with him. Then he said his tech must have taken it home and gave us an adapter power cord...not good. We also notice that one of the letter keys was different. when keys are shiny with one dull ya know somebody screwed around again. Also quoted one price for the part but when we looked at the invoice when we picked up the laptop, the price for the part was almost doubled..yeah another fail on their part. We will NEVER take any computer we have to them ever again.
Cost of DC jack $3
Cost and hassel of that place $75
Lesson learned Priceless

DC jacks are the easiest to repair, however shop around and consider other options. When I had mine replaced, total cost was $25
A+ quality work too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broxton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
naacp for ALL people 3 hr really 19
Inmate search 3 hr Blackcateye 1
Who does powder coating in Douglas? 5 hr RPM 2
Which vapor store 6 hr want2quit 1
im still her drool bandit. 6 hr old news 5
How much Are You Paying for VYVE? 11 hr hi price 7
Cindy Bounds... 22 hr newell 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broxton Mortgages