Brownwood,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Well... should be an interesting BISD board meeting come Monday night. Evans, who has been on the board since 2007 has a gigantic problem that is not going away. You can wrap up Blincoe and the entire board into this ill concocted scheme. Evans is scheduled to be sworn in for his second term on Monday.

It was discovered on election night that the BISD hired Evan's niece as a teacher back in August. The board retains final hiring authority for a contract employees. The hiring violates the nepotism statutes and BISD board policy and was illegal. Her contract for employment is void. In fact there is a criminal penalty associated with the violation and it is considered official misconduct.

The board votes on and approves all contract employees including teachers as per board policy. It appears Blincoe's excuse is all is legit because the principal hired her (but we are consulting our attorney). I'll bet the minutes will show the following...

1. The board never voted to give the principal any kind hiring authority whatsoever. They can only delegate that to the superintendent and have not done so except for non-contract at will employees. The Board retains final hiring authority for all contract employees.
2. The board never voted to hire the niece, but voted to hire all other teachers per the superintendent's recommendation.
Nevertheless, the niece is on the payroll as a contract teacher and never approved by the board.

This is just plain stupid. I expected better conduct.

The law requires Evans be removed from office.

Texas Attorney General Neoptism Laws Made Easy 2012... https://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/p...

BISD Board Policy on Nepotism... http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/234...

BISD Board Policy on Hiring... http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/234...

Texas Govt. Code on Nepotism... http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV...
plain facts

Early, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Joe Cooksey wrote:
Well... should be an interesting BISD board meeting come Monday night. Evans, who has been on the board since 2007 has a gigantic problem that is not going away. You can wrap up Blincoe and the entire board into this ill concocted scheme. Evans is scheduled to be sworn in for his second term on Monday.

It was discovered on election night that the BISD hired Evan's niece as a teacher back in August. The board retains final hiring authority for a contract employees. The hiring violates the nepotism statutes and BISD board policy and was illegal. Her contract for employment is void. In fact there is a criminal penalty associated with the violation and it is considered official misconduct.

The board votes on and approves all contract employees including teachers as per board policy. It appears Blincoe's excuse is all is legit because the principal hired her (but we are consulting our attorney). I'll bet the minutes will show the following...

1. The board never voted to give the principal any kind hiring authority whatsoever. They can only delegate that to the superintendent and have not done so except for non-contract at will employees. The Board retains final hiring authority for all contract employees.
2. The board never voted to hire the niece, but voted to hire all other teachers per the superintendent's recommendation.
Nevertheless, the niece is on the payroll as a contract teacher and never approved by the board.

This is just plain stupid. I expected better conduct.

The law requires Evans be removed from office.

Texas Attorney General Neoptism Laws Made Easy 2012... https://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/p...

BISD Board Policy on Nepotism... http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/234...

BISD Board Policy on Hiring... http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/234...

Texas Govt. Code on Nepotism... http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV...
So Joe...what are you recommending they do to remedy this situation? Get rid of the teacher or Evans? What principal is Blincoe, who I think is a creep, throwing under the bus? Who is his
niece?
Black Helicopter Foil Hat

Early, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

What's your angle Joe? You always have an angle. It's not for the rule of law. If it were for the laws sake, then you would be all over your business partner who is an elected county public servant.

I see, a light on him would make your little cockroach ass run for the corner because you would be illuminated. Better to put the proverbial spotlight on someone else.

What illegalities, improprieties, and unethical acts have you and your conspirator done?

My spies have been watching you and your alcoholic "friends". The reports are fascinating.

Don't squeak that BISD wheel to much Joe.
You would be advised not to go against the Brownwood politicians, especially academia.

Remember Joe the " the world is a vampire" .

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

"especially academia."
LOLOL

Since: Feb 09

Brownwood,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

According to my source BISD admits that her hiring was a violation of the nepotism statute and today she is resigning her paid job. Of course, her uncle could resign his unpaid position to resolve the situation, but it appears he would rather toss her to the unemployment line. Go figure.
twin_peaks_TX

Brady, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

fyi... she is NOT and was NOT a PAID teacher with a contract.... she was a teaching assistant there are no contracts involved in being a TA.

Brownwood,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

twin_peaks_TX wrote:
fyi... she is NOT and was NOT a PAID teacher with a contract.... she was a teaching assistant there are no contracts involved in being a TA.
You are correct. She was not under a contract. It makes no difference, though. It was illegal and Evans knew it wasn't proper no matter who hired her, but took no action to remedy the situation until.... he was exposed. He threw her under the bus and sent her to the unemployment line. Some uncle just to keep a non-paying spot on the board.
plain facts

Early, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Joe Cooksey wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. She was not under a contract. It makes no difference, though. It was illegal and Evans knew it wasn't proper no matter who hired her, but took no action to remedy the situation until.... he was exposed. He threw her under the bus and sent her to the unemployment line. Some uncle just to keep a non-paying spot on the board.
Joe...at first I really thought you were onto something. Turns out I think you are just aligned with Stanley Walker who, according to his interview in the Bulletin, is just disgruntled because he lost. Frankly, it's none of your business what Evans and his niece decided to do to remedy the travesty. Maybe you and Walker can discuss it over lunch and just vent to each other!

Brownwood,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

plain facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe...at first I really thought you were onto something. Turns out I think you are just aligned with Stanley Walker who, according to his interview in the Bulletin, is just disgruntled because he lost. Frankly, it's none of your business what Evans and his niece decided to do to remedy the travesty. Maybe you and Walker can discuss it over lunch and just vent to each other!
I am not aligned with anybody pinhead. Note the board is calling a special meeting to redo their screw up from last night... swearing in members BEFORE the official election has been issued. I raised the issue with Blincoe this morning via email. they didn't even canvass the votes.

It is the public's business on how the nepotism issues is resolved. Get an education before you speak.
plain facts

Early, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Joe Cooksey wrote:
<quoted text>I am not aligned with anybody pinhead. Note the board is calling a special meeting to redo their screw up from last night... swearing in members BEFORE the official election has been issued. I raised the issue with Blincoe this morning via email. they didn't even canvass the votes.

It is the public's business on how the nepotism issues is resolved. Get an education before you speak.
Crooksey...when I said how they would remedy it, I was referencing which one would resign. As long as one resigns, then the situation is resolved. You, small man, only want Evans to resign so Walker can take the seat. And, for the record, I side with you that Blincoe is ridiculously stupid along with the principals of BISD. Maybe you should do a little investigative work on who they hire and the "process" for hiring. I'm sure you will be able to uncover the buddy system at work. Joe, I want to trust you. Please give me reasons to, and I am fully aware that you don't care if I trust you. So, there is no need to point that out. Hint: start with Bryan Allen at BMS.

Brownwood,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

plain facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Crooksey...when I said how they would remedy it, I was referencing which one would resign. As long as one resigns, then the situation is resolved. You, small man, only want Evans to resign so Walker can take the seat. And, for the record, I side with you that Blincoe is ridiculously stupid along with the principals of BISD. Maybe you should do a little investigative work on who they hire and the "process" for hiring. I'm sure you will be able to uncover the buddy system at work. Joe, I want to trust you. Please give me reasons to, and I am fully aware that you don't care if I trust you. So, there is no need to point that out. Hint: start with Bryan Allen at BMS.
Walker can't take the seat because Evans resigns so you are incorrect there. Not the way it works and not permitted under the Election Code.

If there is an issue with Bryan Allen spell it out. I don't have the inclination or time to investigate something you allege that appears to be at your finger tips. I work for a living contrary to popular belief. If you have something credible I will look at it.
All Seeing Eye

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Joe Cooksey wrote:
<quoted text>
Walker can't take the seat because Evans resigns so you are incorrect there. Not the way it works and not permitted under the Election Code.
If there is an issue with Bryan Allen spell it out. I don't have the inclination or time to investigate something you allege that appears to be at your finger tips. I work for a living contrary to popular belief. If you have something credible I will look at it.
Please, please Joe look into it. Do you fancy yourself as an investigative journalist or a private detective. Joe that's right you are a private dick aren't you. You and your elected pal, and that worthless investigator all are in a business venture together.
What's the name of your Detective Agency "Dumb Drunk & Dumber" . LMAO.
Joe do you consider sponging off of your live in a full time job.
Knock, knock, don't answer the door, Joe it's the AGs Office.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brownwood Discussions

Search the Brownwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Johnny Salas Jul 1 Mommyof2 1
Does Brownwood really Suck? (Sep '12) Jun 26 Proxy1947 23
Garage Sale Jun 17 Garage Sale 1
Brown County Sheriff's Dept Corruption (Jun '13) Jun 17 Poop 506
Brownwood Mayor forfeits elected office (Nov '08) May '14 Sas and Kat 45
roy parrack Mar '14 ace 6
Xtreme Fence Company (Sep '12) Mar '14 been there done that 3
•••
•••