Mohawk Man Arrested For Craigslist Contracting Scam

There are 18 comments on the WIBX-AM Whitesboro story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Mohawk Man Arrested For Craigslist Contracting Scam. In it, WIBX-AM Whitesboro reports that:

New Hartford Police say a Mohawk man is under arrest after accepting money for a roofing job he never started.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIBX-AM Whitesboro.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FYI

New York, NY

#82 Feb 5, 2013
Ilion wrote:
<quoted text> if you run a good business post your company name dnt be shy let the public decide if you have a good name .... Lets see
Anyone that puts their name or businesses name on here for people to trash at will while hiding behind their computer is an idiot. I don't need your approval, success speaks for itself. Nice try!
Nazi killer

East Hartford, CT

#83 Feb 6, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that puts their name or businesses name on here for people to trash at will while hiding behind their computer is an idiot. I don't need your approval, success speaks for itself. Nice try!
Well why are you riding behind your computer????? And how do we know your successful ...anyone can say there successful by hiding behind their computer... Have a good day
Grammar Nazi

Cicero, NY

#84 Feb 6, 2013
Nazi killer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why are you riding behind your computer????? And how do we know your successful ...anyone can say there successful by hiding behind their computer... Have a good day
Oh yeah, I am certainly riding behind be computer> It's fun, you should try doing it.
Just me

Buffalo, NY

#85 Feb 7, 2013
I don't believe Joe is guilty. Not even for a second. He has worked with his father for years. So, his personal life isn't spotless. That doesn't make him a thief. I don't believe Joe would do this, let alone what it could do to his dad's business. I just don't see it.
Kissing cousins

New York, NY

#86 Feb 7, 2013
Just me wrote:
I don't believe Joe is guilty. Not even for a second. He has worked with his father for years. So, his personal life isn't spotless. That doesn't make him a thief. I don't believe Joe would do this, let alone what it could do to his dad's business. I just don't see it.
Then why would a nice lady, being a book keeper rob her employee of a hundred grand? Why would a professional like a doctor bilk the taxpayer from twelve million through welfare fraud? Why would a priest destroy a young boy's life? Why would a fireman steal a hundred grand from his former employer, a credit union? Need I ask more?

You don't think Dave Holleran or his son or a ton of other contractors bumped up his estimates when he "knew" he'd get the job, or bump up the contract price with "unexpected" costs after the job was started? You don't think any of them used materials from the last job that were "left over" for their next job? How many times has a customer gotten money back off the contract price when the contractor said, "I had these materials left over and returned them for credit..." I do it all the time, but I'm not a contractor. How many contractors do it???

You think we're all stupid?
Little League

New York, NY

#87 Feb 9, 2013
Wasnt Joey running the L.L. as President a few years ago? I heard that went off without a hitch. Dudes a slimy thief always has been, always will be. This isnt the first time he has ripped off someone on home repairs.
parent of two

Binghamton, NY

#88 Feb 9, 2013
Joe has volunteered countless hours, helping out the community. Even ran the little league as president. Came up with some great ideas that will be used for years to come. Kudos to Joe for coaching my children. He has coached them for the last 5 years. It takes a huge commitment, and patience to coach children from ages 4 and up. Thanks Coach Hollaren, and don't let this site get to you, people hide behind screen names, and make themselves feel better by posting crap about other people.
parent of two

Worcester, MA

#89 Feb 9, 2013
Little League wrote:
Wasnt Joey running the L.L. as President a few years ago? I heard that went off without a hitch. Dudes a slimy thief always has been, always will be. This isnt the first time he has ripped off someone on home repairs.
And if this is what Joe does, why is this the first time anyone has posted about it?
If this has happened before, How come his dad still runs a successful business, and has for years. What is it that you have against successful people? Jealousy? I think so.
Ridiculous

Worcester, MA

#90 Feb 9, 2013
His dad is a different matter. His dad owns his own business not joey. If you can read it said he took the money and didnt do the job. So one can conclude from that that he does his own thing and his own work like a normal adult should. It has nothing to do with the father. And believe me theres a hell of a lot of other ppl that he has scammed.
parent of two

Worcester, MA

#91 Feb 9, 2013
Hey jealousy, one can make conclusions after the court process is done. One can ass-u-me, but you know that saying. As far as I am concerned this is an allegation, and truthfully I respect Joe. He has my support! I am sure that the news channel won't have a follow up story if this isn't true, but if Joe is found guilty, it will be in newspapers and on the news everywhere. Remember the "craigslist killer" ?yeah, guilty as charged and everybody heard about it, newscasted in 50 states. See what happens. Innocent until proven guilty in America. I bet you support Obama too. You,my friend are the slimy one.
Ridiculous

Worcester, MA

#93 Feb 9, 2013
Seriously! Your going to compare a killer to a thief? Do you have a brain in that head of yours. Of course the killer got a national attention HE KILLED PEOPLE that he met on CRAIGSLIST duh! A tiny little pathetic thief isnt going to get national attention for that moron!
parent of two

Worcester, MA

#94 Feb 9, 2013
Cast out? He resigned after doing most of it himself. I recall having an in depth conversation with Rick and Grace about it last year. Parent participation is more than dropping your children off to practice. You people are pathetic. Take a second and think about what Joe has done for the community, most parents sit on there as@ and do nothing. He has stepped up countless times in the past, and I am sure he won't back down. He has and will have support from me and countless others. Just what is your issue with him? Like i posted earlier ----- jealousy.
Will the news do a follow up if Joe is found guilty? Yes
Will the news do a follow up if Joe is found not guilty? Probably not.
time will tell.
If he is found guilty, I will apologize, if he isn't guilty, are you going to post your name??
So now answer the question. Is it because you are jealous of the Hollerans? I can see the anger and jealousy in your posts.
Ridiculous

Red Hook, NY

#96 Feb 10, 2013
parent of two wrote:
Cast out? He resigned after doing most of it himself. I recall having an in depth conversation with Rick and Grace about it last year. Parent participation is more than dropping your children off to practice. You people are pathetic. Take a second and think about what Joe has done for the community, most parents sit on there as@ and do nothing. He has stepped up countless times in the past, and I am sure he won't back down. He has and will have support from me and countless others. Just what is your issue with him? Like i posted earlier ----- jealousy.
Will the news do a follow up if Joe is found guilty? Yes
Will the news do a follow up if Joe is found not guilty? Probably not.
time will tell.
If he is found guilty, I will apologize, if he isn't guilty, are you going to post your name??
So now answer the question. Is it because you are jealous of the Hollerans? I can see the anger and jealousy in your posts.
I will do all that you ask if he is not guilty .... I am not jealous of the Hollerans at all just dnt like scam... Now this what you do if he is guilty he never ever does this kind of work again and he stay away from baseball ...
wow

Springfield, MA

#97 Feb 10, 2013
You have to get your facts straight. He resigned from the position, wasn't forced. Jus sayin.
tiny tim

New York, NY

#98 Feb 10, 2013
Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
I will do all that you ask if he is not guilty .... I am not jealous of the Hollerans at all just dnt like scam... Now this what you do if he is guilty he never ever does this kind of work again and he stay away from baseball ...
You sound like you are a C or D student who possibly dropped out of school or have a GED. You probabally are single or sleep alone . You probabablly have gay inhibitions.You have problems getting an erection. You Seem to be angry at every one who is in power or better than you like your boss or your teachers when you were in school. You most likely would tell on your sister or brother when they were being bad. You have absolutly NO self esteem..When you post on an anonomous site.... it makes you feel like you have a little bit of Tempory Power.....Realisticly you are a Coward. Get a life. you are a loser. Every one is laughing at you. Maybe some day if you try really realy hard... you may be half of the people you are trying to knock down.
Mhmmmm

Albany, NY

#103 Feb 11, 2013
Wow
friend of ilion

United States

#105 Feb 12, 2013
tiny tim wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like you are a C or D student who possibly dropped out of school or have a GED. You probabally are single or sleep alone . You probabablly have gay inhibitions.You have problems getting an erection. You Seem to be angry at every one who is in power or better than you like your boss or your teachers when you were in school. You most likely would tell on your sister or brother when they were being bad. You have absolutly NO self esteem..When you post on an anonomous site.... it makes you feel like you have a little bit of Tempory Power.....Realisticly you are a Coward. Get a life. you are a loser. Every one is laughing at you. Maybe some day if you try really realy hard... you may be half of the people you are trying to knock down.
they tiny tim you need to know your facts buddy boy goto check inmate .com this kid is all over it . I bet your name is on there too...
nope

Utica, NY

#107 Mar 2, 2013
everything here is all opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook 9 hr Gaggy 4
Brandy Edmunds 13 hr KARMA 3
Marina opening Sat voss fan 2 6
Renee geloso Fri friendinthepast 1
throw out mohawk mayor May 1 resident 2
News Fort Drum man allegedly held knife to mana s ch... Apr 30 Bill Pux 1
Herkimer Cheese gets 50K grant to expand (Jul '14) Apr 29 Ilion Iliad 33
More from around the web

Brownville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE