Aldis

Posted in the Brownville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dismayed

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

It can't possibly be me....there's just no way! I've never in my entire life met so many unfriendly people as I have here. Don't tell me they're so busy that they can't stop and answer questions without pointing their ass at you as they talk walking away. I shop all the large grocery stores in the area, and every one of them have the time to stop and take care of customers. I have a bad feeling going in there. What really pisses me off, is heaven forbid you should hold the line up, and they have that smug look,(as they're looking to the next person your holding up). Go somewhere else? It's all Ilion can muster up. Dollar store groceries, and then......Aldis. I'm disgusted with them. Here's the kicker. They're all "kids" working in there. RARELY do I ever see an adult working. Maybe they're all hiding in the back, who knows. Aldis.....raise your prices 5 cents, and stop breaking everyones balls and grow some personality.
Part of the plan

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

All of that is part of their marketing strategy if you can believe it. They want you to believe their low prices are due to under-staffing, no bags and cart deposits. When the truth of the matter is, their prices are based on crap food from eastern European countries. If you liked the Yugo, you'll love their Ketchup.
Uh huh

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Dismayed wrote:
It can't possibly be me....there's just no way! I've never in my entire life met so many unfriendly people as I have here. Don't tell me they're so busy that they can't stop and answer questions without pointing their ass at you as they talk walking away. I shop all the large grocery stores in the area, and every one of them have the time to stop and take care of customers. I have a bad feeling going in there. What really pisses me off, is heaven forbid you should hold the line up, and they have that smug look,(as they're looking to the next person your holding up). Go somewhere else? It's all Ilion can muster up. Dollar store groceries, and then......Aldis. I'm disgusted with them. Here's the kicker. They're all "kids" working in there. RARELY do I ever see an adult working. Maybe they're all hiding in the back, who knows. Aldis.....raise your prices 5 cents, and stop breaking everyones balls and grow some personality.
Then don't shop there. It's as easy as that.
Big Daddy

Clay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 12, 2013
 
I get my food there. It is very good. So shut up.
Big Daddy

Clay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 12, 2013
 
My mother works there, you stupid face.
ahhsokfhs

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 13, 2013
 
Oh, this is real nice. I'm looking at a comment that was removed. What happened to number 4? The truth? Can't be told? Or heard. Which is it moderator? Who got offended? Cause I don't remember hearing any swearing going on, and I've been following this.
up yours

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I haven't had a problem there ever. Maybe it is u because I have asked questions to a few they brought me to where the items was that I inquired about and while checking out the cashier interacted w/ us. I don't see a problem so I'm sure its all u.
No WAY

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

up yours wrote:
I haven't had a problem there ever. Maybe it is u because I have asked questions to a few they brought me to where the items was that I inquired about and while checking out the cashier interacted w/ us. I don't see a problem so I'm sure its all u.
I find it hard to believe that a store that makes you bag your own groceries under the guise of saving you money, sells items I can barely pronounce (from eastern europe) and treats everyone like an assembly line can POSSIBLY be cordial or friendly to customers. Everytime I've been in there, it's been like....ice cold! The cashiers make you feel rushed! You can't tell me that you have'nt noticed that. And WHAT IS UP WITH THAT 1 WAY MIRROR in the cashier line??? They are watching them! This place freaks me right out. What are you gonna do? Say it must be me too?
This Is Why

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Because it's a Nazi-Owned company straight out of Germany, THAT'S WHY. Heard of the Soup Nazi from Jerry Seinfeld's show?? Well, all of those cold, unfriendly employees are that way for a reason and that reason is because of the way they are spoken to and treated by their Store Manager and the District Manager. They are ALL Grocery Nazis!! Just as cold and unfriendly as their German counterparts working in Aldi's stores back in motherland Germany. Apparently the company just doesn't emphasize to its employees that they need to engage their customers, smile once in awhile and say hello, make some eye contact. Have you ever heard any one of their employee say "May I help You"??? Not Me--I don't go there any longer. I don't like the way they RUSH your order into the empty grocery cart next to their cash registers, bruising bananas and other produce in the process. At least WalMart's cashiers will talk to you while they are ringing your order up. Aldi's ROBOTS are in too much of a hurry to get the NEXT customer's order rung up!
Mary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

This Is Why wrote:
Because it's a Nazi-Owned company straight out of Germany, THAT'S WHY. Heard of the Soup Nazi from Jerry Seinfeld's show?? Well, all of those cold, unfriendly employees are that way for a reason and that reason is because of the way they are spoken to and treated by their Store Manager and the District Manager. They are ALL Grocery Nazis!! Just as cold and unfriendly as their German counterparts working in Aldi's stores back in motherland Germany. Apparently the company just doesn't emphasize to its employees that they need to engage their customers, smile once in awhile and say hello, make some eye contact. Have you ever heard any one of their employee say "May I help You"??? Not Me--I don't go there any longer. I don't like the way they RUSH your order into the empty grocery cart next to their cash registers, bruising bananas and other produce in the process. At least WalMart's cashiers will talk to you while they are ringing your order up. Aldi's ROBOTS are in too much of a hurry to get the NEXT customer's order rung up!

Maybe u aren't approachable. Some people have that aura about them and intimidate others. Possibly u give off the idea that u just want to shop and not discuss family or politics. Or they know that others may just want to get done shopping and not wait for others discussions
This Is Why

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe u aren't approachable. Some people have that aura about them and intimidate others. Possibly u give off the idea that u just want to shop and not discuss family or politics. Or they know that others may just want to get done shopping and not wait for others discussions
Utter Nonsense!!!! Let me guess, YOU ARE one of those employees, no doubt. You ALL act like you have so much to do that you don't have the time to greet or chat with your customers--pass this observation along to your higher-ups, if you dare to.
Nicole Popagorgio

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

U all have issues. Its not a social club its a super market. Walmart isn't very friendly either. U want socializing go to bingo!

Since: Dec 12

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dismayed wrote:
It can't possibly be me....there's just no way! I've never in my entire life met so many unfriendly people as I have here. Don't tell me they're so busy that they can't stop and answer questions without pointing their ass at you as they talk walking away. I shop all the large grocery stores in the area, and every one of them have the time to stop and take care of customers. I have a bad feeling going in there. What really pisses me off, is heaven forbid you should hold the line up, and they have that smug look,(as they're looking to the next person your holding up). Go somewhere else? It's all Ilion can muster up. Dollar store groceries, and then......Aldis. I'm disgusted with them. Here's the kicker. They're all "kids" working in there. RARELY do I ever see an adult working. Maybe they're all hiding in the back, who knows. Aldis.....raise your prices 5 cents, and stop breaking everyones balls and grow some personality.
The customer service there SUCKS, and the cheap-ass food SUCKS. Screw Aldi market..........they SUCK.....I SUCK, you SUCK, the whole f**kin' worls SUCKS ! F**K you !
No WAY

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 21, 2013
 
beatenwife wrote:
<quoted text>
The customer service there SUCKS, and the cheap-ass food SUCKS. Screw Aldi market..........they SUCK.....I SUCK, you SUCK, the whole f**kin' worls SUCKS ! F**K you !
LOL !!
WTF

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

beatenwife wrote:
<quoted text>
The customer service there SUCKS, and the cheap-ass food SUCKS. Screw Aldi market..........they SUCK.....I SUCK, you SUCK, the whole f**kin' worls SUCKS ! F**K you !
OH, WOW!!! No wonder you get BEATEN!!! YOU DO SUCK!!!-You're nothin' but a Debbie Downer!
Bad Enough

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

beatenwife wrote:
<quoted text>
The customer service there SUCKS, and the cheap-ass food SUCKS. Screw Aldi market..........they SUCK.....I SUCK, you SUCK, the whole f**kin' worls SUCKS ! F**K you !
Then don't shop there. It's pretty simple.
not tru at all

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aldis is what it is, you have to *gasp* prepare before you go... like take bag with you, get your payment out while your groceries are being scanned, familiarize yourself with the store, try smiling!!! The cashiers are NOT all kids and most are very engaging and friendly. They don't just sit there all day waiting for you to cash out, they stock shelves as well, so they do their jobs EFFICIENTLY. When I ask for help they always assist, so not sure where you are going wrong.
Their food is very comparable to other store brands, I find very little I don't like, but I'm not a brand name snob shopper either. I could care less where the food actually comes from unless its China.... who the F really knows where their purchases come from? very few I'm thinking. The prices are reasonable too. I love the seasonal items! I've bought power tools, furniture/home decor, toys etc. Some people just need to BIT*H. Dont shop there then Bit*h lol
Concerned

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 24, 2013
 
This Is Why wrote:
<quoted text> Utter Nonsense!!!! Let me guess, YOU ARE one of those employees, no doubt. You ALL act like you have so much to do that you don't have the time to greet or chat with your customers--pass this observation along to your higher-ups, if you dare to.
Hey I went to Audi's and we had a big party w/out u. And guess what??? The employees smiled and talked to us! OmG it was like a miracle and then 2 of them offered to take me in the back room and we had some fun back there let me tell u!!
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 4, 2013
 
not tru at all wrote:
Aldis is what it is, you have to *gasp* prepare before you go... like take bag with you, get your payment out while your groceries are being scanned, familiarize yourself with the store, try smiling!!! The cashiers are NOT all kids and most are very engaging and friendly. They don't just sit there all day waiting for you to cash out, they stock shelves as well, so they do their jobs EFFICIENTLY. When I ask for help they always assist, so not sure where you are going wrong.
Their food is very comparable to other store brands, I find very little I don't like, but I'm not a brand name snob shopper either. I could care less where the food actually comes from unless its China.... who the F really knows where their purchases come from? very few I'm thinking. The prices are reasonable too. I love the seasonal items! I've bought power tools, furniture/home decor, toys etc. Some people just need to BIT*H. Dont shop there then Bit*h lol
Well, you were doing ok I guess, till your last 2 sentences.
That's part of the problem. This business is very competitive. Enough people "go somewhere else" and you could lose your "repeat" customer base, something that every business wants to build, not relying just on Joe Shmoe off the street popping in. Cater and build your BASE, make them happy. For crying out loud....raise all your prices on EVERYTHING by .05, and tell the employees to be a little dam nicer ! They make people nervous by herding them along like they are nothing but cattle. Believe you me, you are just going to make me go slower. I've tried it, and I can see the eyes roll, and then they don't even look at you. This is FCKD UP!
not tru at all

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 4, 2013
 
lol. like I said, BLAH BLAH BLAH, some ppl just Have to be chronic complainers. You just proved my point. And what part of "then don't shop at Alids" don't you get?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brownville Discussions

Search the Brownville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
what CVA teacher is on leave? 2 hr Think now 24
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 8 hr MacDaddyobama 6,274
Colonail manor 13 hr Big Daddy 4
voss at marina (Jul '13) 14 hr voss fan 13
"Giant Garage Sale" to benefit pet food pantry 23 hr Sheet for brains 7
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue none 6,182
Ilion Frankfort VFW Tue Fought for my country 1
•••

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 17 at 12:54AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Brownville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brownville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brownville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••