Lets Talk About Nursing Home Issues From A Certified Nursing Assistant

Posted in the Brownville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CNA

New York, NY

#1 Mar 24, 2012
Lets first talk about the pay we receive.And for those who think pay should'nt be a issue.You try supporting a family on $9.00 an hour.Being a CNA is a very very difficult job both physically and mentally.Lets give you folks a idea of what goes on on a average 1st and 2nd shift.With 4 nurses aides working(that is if no one has called in)Working on a floor that has 30 to 50 residents.We are required to answer call bells,toilet,feed,hear every complaint and respond with compassion.You think its not stressful and physically demanding.You try it for 8 hours.!!!!We are on the front lines to contract every disease known to man.If anyone ever tries to put you in a nursing home.You best kill yourself.Because it is not a quality of life for any person
RN vet

New York, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2012
assisted suicide should be legal. Half the residents in nursing homes want to die. ask them and that is what they say. so why is it "illegal" for them to decide what they wish for THEIR OWN LIFE?!?!?!

if assisted suicide was legal Medicaid costs could be cut substantially. that is a benefit for taxpayers who already are overburdened. Ideally some of the savings could be used to pay nursing home staff better. families could move on with their lives rather than being saddened to visit a family member in nursing home to hear "I wish I was dead" while same family members deal with obligations and costs.

we like to think we live in an "enlightened" society but when it comes to assisted suicide we live in the Dark Ages, to the detriment of everyone -- residents who wish to die, their families, nursing home staff, government agencies & taxpayers.

as the medical profession continually finds new ways to cure illness and prolong life the assisted suicide option should become more and more attractive and compelling otherwise people will be living to 135 years old
Clitoris Jefferson

Little Rock, AR

#3 Mar 24, 2012
What the hell is a "Certified nurses assistant'? If you don't like your damn pay then go to school and be a RN...hell...$9.00 an hour X 8 hours a day equals $72.00 a day....my God...do you realize that you make $71.50 MORE a day then the average worker in North Korea...I have a feeling that the patients hear more complaints from the staff then the staff do from the patients.
I admitted myself into a nursing home because my boys were mistreating me and beating me up. My oldest boy always kicked me in the groin and my younger boy stuck a baseball bat up my a$$.
because

Ilion, NY

#4 Mar 25, 2012
CNA wrote:
Lets first talk about the pay we receive.And for those who think pay should'nt be a issue.You try supporting a family on $9.00 an hour.Being a CNA is a very very difficult job both physically and mentally.Lets give you folks a idea of what goes on on a average 1st and 2nd shift.With 4 nurses aides working(that is if no one has called in)Working on a floor that has 30 to 50 residents.We are required to answer call bells,toilet,feed,hear every complaint and respond with compassion.You think its not stressful and physically demanding.You try it for 8 hours.!!!!We are on the front lines to contract every disease known to man.If anyone ever tries to put you in a nursing home.You best kill yourself.Because it is not a quality of life for any person
You probably should have done a better job in high school. Those BOCES classes remember....You sow what you reap. Remember when those idiot teachers told you to get an education, go to college. You are being paid what you're worth. You get food stamps and public assistance to raise you fatherles children. You had money for those tatoos, smartphone and cigarettes right? STFU
Baby Boomer

Wilbraham, MA

#5 Mar 25, 2012
I'm 64. My grandparents lived into their 90s and 100s. I'm healthy and active, and I plan to stick around as long as I can. Don't want anybody's "help" to ease me out of this life. I'm not your dog. Being old is not a crime.

I worked in a nursing home as an aide, too, and it's difficult work ! To top it off, unless your charge nurse is a saint, you get nothing but crap from all sides. It takes a resilient person to do a CNA's job. It can also toughen you and dull your compassion. Having been a patient, too, I can tell you that what you do has value and should be better compensated. It IS a hard job! But thank you for doing it!
Baby Boomer

Wilbraham, MA

#6 Mar 25, 2012
Because, some CNAs work because they're IN nursing school or because it takes two paychecks to pay a family's bills. Don't be so quick to judge. I have TWO university degrees and have worked as a CNA. I'm intelligent, literate and above all, compassionate. I like people. I've never been on food stamps or welfare because I HAVE the drive to work and can work.

Working conditions for CNAs and all nursing home staff need to be as pleasant as possible so they can pay it forward to their patients and go home with a sense that their work is valued.

Kudos to the CNA who started this thread.
loser arkansas hick

New York, NY

#7 Mar 25, 2012
Clitoris Jefferson wrote:
What the hell is a "Certified nurses assistant'? If you don't like your damn pay then go to school and be a RN...hell...$9.00 an hour X 8 hours a day equals $72.00 a day....my God...do you realize that you make $71.50 MORE a day then the average worker in North Korea...I have a feeling that the patients hear more complaints from the staff then the staff do from the patients.
I admitted myself into a nursing home because my boys were mistreating me and beating me up. My oldest boy always kicked me in the groin and my younger boy stuck a baseball bat up my a$$.
You are a real idiot, but then again you always have been even since you used to call yourself "Monkey Vomit" and other probably fitting names for yourself. The person who started off the thread was saying how tough it is to do his/her job for the low pay and you are off to cut him/her up and bring down? You have no idea what their life story is. Go back to your branch and swing because you have no compassion for any human beings...all you do is insult and judge. Incidentally, I can't wait until you are judged by the "Big Guy" someday. Burn, baby, burn :)
LoserOswegoHick

Little Rock, AR

#8 Mar 25, 2012
loser arkansas hick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a real idiot, but then again you always have been even since you used to call yourself "Monkey Vomit" and other probably fitting names for yourself. The person who started off the thread was saying how tough it is to do his/her job for the low pay and you are off to cut him/her up and bring down? You have no idea what their life story is. Go back to your branch and swing because you have no compassion for any human beings...all you do is insult and judge. Incidentally, I can't wait until you are judged by the "Big Guy" someday. Burn, baby, burn :)
Hey A$$---hole...it's a free country...if you don't like what you get paid then go find a better paying job..no one is forcing anyone to work anywhere. And for the "Certified Nursing Assistant" whatever the hell that is...Go to RN school...get a student loan..plenty of ways to pay for it..stop your crying...you sound like a cow that got hit by a train.
And for you Oswego boy...why do you think you live in Hee Hawville ?(I mean Oswego)because your about as stupid as they come...I'm sure $9.00 an hour is about $8.50 above your pay scale. So move out of your mommies basement and go find a grown up job BOY.
loser arkansas hick

New York, NY

#9 Mar 25, 2012
hahahahaha. I don't live in Oswego; it just comes up that way. As far as my intelligence, I am an educated professional and it's obvious you are not as evidenced by your uneducated response and your grammar errors that make this professional weep. I cringe when I see the uneducated people of today use "your" in place of "you're" (contraction for you are). Mommies basement should be "mommy's basement." So learn a lesson here...don't be calling others stupid until you look in the mirror and see a big dumb jackass looking back at yourself. I won't be back on Topix tonight to look for your pathetic response as I'm going to get ready for work tomorrow....something you wish you could do. Oh wait, you enjoy collecting welfare checks in the backwards hick state of Arkansas as you dream about living back in Ilion.
Oswego Hick Boy

Little Rock, AR

#10 Mar 25, 2012
loser arkansas hick wrote:
hahahahaha. I don't live in Oswego; it just comes up that way. As far as my intelligence, I am an educated professional and it's obvious you are not as evidenced by your uneducated response and your grammar errors that make this professional weep. I cringe when I see the uneducated people of today use "your" in place of "you're" (contraction for you are). Mommies basement should be "mommy's basement." So learn a lesson here...don't be calling others stupid until you look in the mirror and see a big dumb jackass looking back at yourself. I won't be back on Topix tonight to look for your pathetic response as I'm going to get ready for work tomorrow....something you wish you could do. Oh wait, you enjoy collecting welfare checks in the backwards hick state of Arkansas as you dream about living back in Ilion.
WOW what a job a fool like you must have...correcting grammer errors on the internet.Do you make alot of money correcting grammer errors on the internet? next time I see you...super size my order Boy..and for your information BOY..their's more hicks in upstate NY then the entire south combined. Look in the mirror...what do you see? A hick boy from Ilion....absolutly pathetic.
Helium

Boston, MA

#11 Mar 26, 2012
To be honest you both seem pathetic....
Helium Blows

Rison, AR

#12 Mar 26, 2012
Helium wrote:
To be honest you both seem pathetic....
Whatever you say " Fat Fool".
Baby Boomer

Clinton, MA

#13 Mar 26, 2012
Once again, a promising topic is sabotaged by Neanderthals.
Doctor Bowel Movement

Rison, AR

#14 Mar 27, 2012
Baby Boomer wrote:
Once again, a promising topic is sabotaged by Neanderthals.
Yes, but look on the bright side..neanderthals discovered fire.
Darwin

Ilion, NY

#15 Mar 27, 2012
Doctor Bowel Movement wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but look on the bright side..neanderthals discovered fire.
And you and your ancestors are the missing link; douch bag!
Stick to topics that you have some basic knowledge and understanding like bowel movements and anal probing.
Evolution for you does not apply.
cnas blow

West Chazy, NY

#16 Mar 27, 2012
CNA's are CNA's because they failed the LPN test bwahahahahaha! I know a few! all fat and fugly!
Syracuse is Apeman

Rison, AR

#17 Mar 27, 2012
Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
And you and your ancestors are the missing link; douch bag!
Stick to topics that you have some basic knowledge and understanding like bowel movements and anal probing.
Evolution for you does not apply.
Syracuse I see you're still on your knees..but that's your choice not evolution. I thought the word "fire" might excite you and your fellow apes that still live in caves in the Valley...now go back to bed with the assistant basketball coach at Syracuse...for that is the reason you're living in Syracuse isn't it?..Are you playing the female or male tonight?
Dr Freud

Ilion, NY

#18 Mar 28, 2012
Syracuse is Apeman wrote:
<quoted text>
Syracuse I see you're still on your knees..but that's your choice not evolution. I thought the word "fire" might excite you and your fellow apes that still live in caves in the Valley...now go back to bed with the assistant basketball coach at Syracuse...for that is the reason you're living in Syracuse isn't it?..Are you playing the female or male tonight?
Once agin you prove for all to see your limied abilitites at dialouge and debate on the issues.Your obsession with devient sex and specific acts is troubling, probably do to your unhealthy relationship with your mother. There are counselors and medications that may help.
Hmhmhnhn

East Granby, CT

#19 Mar 28, 2012
cnas blow wrote:
CNA's are CNA's because they failed the LPN test bwahahahahaha! I know a few! all fat and fugly!
i resent that seeing as I am a cna and will be attending lpn school in the fall. And I assure you I am not fat nor ugly. I am not beautiful but I am pretty . The only ome my looks matter to are my husband. If others think im ugly so be it. However I take your opinions with a grain of salt.
Baby Boomer

Southbridge, MA

#20 Mar 28, 2012
Generalizations aren't worth much. Having been a patient, I can say that good CNAs are worth a lot more than they're paid. Lots if them take these jobs to get experience and exposure before getting their LPN or RN. Tearing down people is almost a religion on Topix, and it doesn't merit your attention.

The bottom line is that providing daily physical care and emotional support to nursing home residents and hospital patients is hard work. Anything that improves working conditions for CNAs improves the quality of life for their patients.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
haunted maze on meeting house road 6 hr mike 1
Halloween (Oct '12) 6 hr mike 4
find me a gay bar 8 hr Wal-Mart hostage 6
Lois and hobo 10 hr Jon 6
Who Knew 23 hr watsup 2
why do men cheat (Dec '13) Thu ben 13
Mohawk Valley Memories Thu rustyshackleford 2
Brownville Dating
Find my Match

Brownville Jobs