Voss's is going into the dockside cafe
ilionite

Oneida, NY

#2 Apr 4, 2013
I like anal.
local guy

New York, NY

#3 Apr 10, 2013
I like Voss, and was surprised to learn they had a second location at the Utica Zoo. The problem with the Dockside is that the people who run it are always temporary, their season is shorter than most seasonal restaurants, and it's a pain to get out of there due to traffic. I try to go there at least once a year to try something, but I went there much more often the year someone from the T-P was running it. If Voss is there, I might go there more frequently and hope I always need to make a right turn when I leave.
fed up taxpayer

New York, NY

#4 Apr 11, 2013
local guy wrote:
it's a pain to get out of there due to traffic.
Laughing out loud! that's one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Traffic jams in Ilion deterring people from leaving their homes!

yeah the traffic around here is just brutal. every bit as bad as New York City Los Angeles and Washington DC.

i hate it when it takes me 2 hours to get from Ilion to Herkimer!

LOL LOL LOL
local guy

New York, NY

#5 Apr 12, 2013
For the amount of time it takes to make a left turn from the marina or the 5S off-ramp due to the amount of traffic coming over from route 5, you'd think there are a lot more people living in the area than there really are. Where is all of this traffic coming from and going to? I know it's bad when Arms traffic has people running down the middle lane of Central Ave for multiple blocks without any cops around to ticket them. but trying to get out of the marina seems to take a long time regardless of when I go there.
Gone Fishing

New York, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2013
local guy wrote:
For the amount of time it takes to make a left turn from the marina or the 5S off-ramp due to the amount of traffic coming over from route 5, you'd think there are a lot more people living in the area than there really are. Where is all of this traffic coming from and going to? I know it's bad when Arms traffic has people running down the middle lane of Central Ave for multiple blocks without any cops around to ticket them. but trying to get out of the marina seems to take a long time regardless of when I go there.
Its refered too as a cluster f@#k. Little or no planning or care by State and Local officials. Traffic on Central Ave. and Route 51 are a major reason for lack of development in the area.
lucky

New Britain, CT

#7 Apr 20, 2013
good luck ..should be good.
ilion resident

New York, NY

#8 Apr 21, 2013
is Voss's open yet at the Marina?
resident

Hartford, CT

#9 Apr 21, 2013
No May 1st
ilion resident

New York, NY

#10 Apr 21, 2013
resident wrote:
No May 1st
Rats. Mrs. Shake in Mohawk is open now if anyone is interested.
visiter

New York, NY

#11 Apr 23, 2013
voss is great
local resident

New York, NY

#12 May 6, 2013
haven't been yet -- how is it?
awesome

Groton, NY

#13 May 6, 2013
We went over the weekend and it was great! We were glad we didn't have to combat the traffic in Yorkville. Now that is a challenge. Getting in and out of the marina is a piece of cake compared to that place! Quit complaining and go enjoy it. Be thankful we are still attracting any type of business
time to wait

United States

#14 May 7, 2013
they are slower than hell there. will never go back.
Ron

Windsor, CT

#15 May 7, 2013
Great food !your loss tome to wait! Don't complain
Love Voss

New York, NY

#16 May 7, 2013
Put a web cam in at the Marina. Include Voss in the shot. A distant view.
Voss Special 6-21

Utica, NY

#17 Jun 20, 2013
Voss's has a grand opening Fri 6/2; $1.25 hot dogs. Worth fighting the traffic for. LOL
pulled pork BBQ

New York, NY

#18 Jun 21, 2013
good food and great location but some of the ladies at the counter are pretty darn snippy

like they're doing you a big favor by taking your money

service with a smile ... and a "THANK YOU"... would be nice

not a withering gaze and condescending tone that communicates, "what the f do you want you cretin"

you know who i'm talking about. the one in particular
Bigfoot

New York, NY

#19 Jun 21, 2013
Enjoy my harry haiku
I poop on your lawn
Try to scoop it but its big
You curse the bigfoot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathy Rivera Kiki 24 min red 2
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 4 hr Ha Ha 7
Review: ALDI (Sep '11) 4 hr Kuyahoora 36
Morrison furniture Fri Concerned 1
News New Hartford officials propose charging admissi... Fri anonymous 4
Umwa 717 Thu Concerned 5
What is the story on the pink flamingos on the ... (Nov '10) Wed Silinda 84

Brownville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brownville Mortgages