Police Shoot & Kill Armed 8th Grader in Texas

Jan 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheBlaze.com

Police vehicles outside Cummings Middle School in Brownsville, Texas where police shot and killed an armed eighth grader.

Comments
1 - 20 of 83 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Just read this article. Anyone know what happened? Prayers to the family of this young man and for the children and staff in this school district.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

I found this site which has a little more information.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
Just read this article. Anyone know what happened? Prayers to the family of this young man and for the children and staff in this school district.
It doesn't really matter, the depressing thing is they seem to be able kill one Texan off here and there, but they can't seem to muster up enough ooomph to finnish off the rest of them hillbillies, even thought the state has an express lane to the death penalty.
somtin else

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Now they will be saying it is because handguns are legal.Outlaw all handguns ,they will say.Drugs are outlawed and you know teenagers cannot get them.lol
Awake and Aware

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

15 years old and in 8th grade? With a gun? Is he an Illegal alien too?

Vote Responsibly

Ron Paul 2012

Since: Jul 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Judged:

Wow! I read where his parents are calling for the officers to be punished and the force used was excessive. I guess its easier to blame the police rather than accept resposibility for what their child did. Sounds like this child was troubled and his parent did nothing to help him.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Regardless, one less texan to makie the chainsaw massacre, lol.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Three shots in the head?! That's some damn good shootin. Way to go Brownsville PD! Yet another example of the cops doing the right thing.

And to the kids family. Your son is dead because he was stupid. Get over it...
Jojo

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Leon 45 Jones wrote:
You all don't get it do you? The dumass kid brought a pistol to school. You can't tell this was a pellet gun unless you're holding it in your hands yo. That's why manufacturers sell a ton of these to kids...its cause they look realistic. The police did the right thing. Stupid kid brought it on himself. Good for him! Word
He got shot in the back of the head, wouldn't you think this dumb Texan cop would had tazed him instead. No one dead, mission accomplished. Police are suppose to be professional, apparently this wasn't the case.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Jojo wrote:
<quoted text>
He got shot in the back of the head, wouldn't you think this dumb Texan cop would had tazed him instead. No one dead, mission accomplished. Police are suppose to be professional, apparently this wasn't the case.
Leave it to a liberal to praise the bad guy in the school with a gun and make the cop who saved the day out to be the bad guy.

You liberal losers are all the same. How about joining us in a little thing the rest of us call reality?

Since: Feb 11

Love Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Heartbreaking. I agree that the police could have at least tazed or shot the boy in the leg. He didn't have to die. Tragic all around :(

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Nia_ wrote:
I agree that the police could have at least tazed or shot the boy in the leg. He didn't have to die.
That's because you're an idiot...

Love Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're an idiot...
Pete can you do us all a much needed favor? Jump off the nearest bridge. Thanks

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete can you do us all a much needed favor? Jump off the nearest bridge. Thanks
Maybe you should just shoot me in the leg.

Love Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should just shoot me in the leg.
If your beloved policeman had done that in the first place, this kid would still be alive. I feel for both families.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If your beloved policeman had done that in the first place, this kid would still be alive. I feel for both families.
This isn't Hollywood, Nia. Shooting someone in the leg doesn't eliminate a threat. You could unload a whole magazine into someone's leg and they're still going to be able to use their weapon.

Love Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Hollywood, Nia. Shooting someone in the leg doesn't eliminate a threat. You could unload a whole magazine into someone's leg and they're still going to be able to use their weapon.
I get it but shooting the kid in the head??? Surely he could have struck him some place else. Aren't they trained for this sort of thing?

Just like I'm trained to shoot that toupee off your head without hitting the scalp... You heartless nut

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it but shooting the kid in the head??? Aren't they trained for this sort of thing?
They sure are trained for this sort of thing. There are documented cases of school shooters wearing bullet proof vests, and the cops were probably aware of this.

And where is the best place to shoot someone who may be wearing body armor? Ding ding ding..the head.
rgv_956

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

I agree on both sides but still I feel he didn't have to die maybe a shot to the arm or leg to stun the kid, if your a cop and see your gun every day aswell clean it you can clearly see a real hand guns barrel is way larger appose to a pellet guns small tiny barrel, I say blame mtv and them stupid lil kids shows that show no morals or integrity thats cause these zombie kids to act up, now a days every kid is add, bipolar, adhd, and given meds that fyck them up more

Love Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
They sure are trained for this sort of thing. There are documented cases of school shooters wearing bullet proof vests, and the cops were probably aware of this.
And where is the best place to shoot someone who may be wearing body armor? Ding ding ding..the head.
Pete are you a law enforcement officer?

Do you have children?

If you do, I hope they never do anything stupid and pay the heavy price this kid did. This could have been avoided but trigger happy nuts like you haven't been properly trained

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Brownsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brownsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brownsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brownsville