Is Jesus coming back 12-21-12

Posted in the Brownsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Mike

Nashville, TN

#1 Feb 2, 2012
The answer is VERY LIKELY "NO." Let me explain. You see, the Bible says, "No one knows that day or hour that Jesus will return, not even the angels in Heaven." Mark 13:32. So am I wrong for saying NO, He won't come back on 12-21-12? Take a look at 2 Peter 3:10, which says, "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night...." Then take a look at Luke 12:39, which says, "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into."

Do you catch my drift? My point is, the mayans are predicting the end of the world to be 12-21-12 and they are deceiving many people with these insane predictions. Therefore since the mayans (and millions of other people) are expecting the end of the world to be 12-21-12, doesn't that contradict 2 Peter 3:10?

Luke 12:39 proves that Jesus will come like a "thief in the night" when the world is least expecting Him. Don't buy into the hype of cults. Read your Bibles and you'll know what to expect! And always remember, your personal "end of time" may happen well before Jesus comes back! Jesus told us to "repent or perish" Luke 13:3. After you die, it will be too late to repent!

And one other thing, many of you will write back and say "It's been 2,000 years and He hasn't come yet, therefore He ain't coming back blah blah blah." Just remember, 2 Peter 3:8 tells us that 1,000 years are like a day and a day is like 1,000 years to The Lord. Time to GOD, is not what time is to us. He's coming back folks!! The question is:

"ARE YOU READY?"
what is next

Fresno, CA

#2 Feb 4, 2012
I question whether Jesus ever existed in the first place... not much proof for someone so great, except for the Bible and we all know that is a hoax.
anonxoxox

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2012
Anyone who thinks Jesus and the Bible are a hoax had better be right. Do you know of any book that has lasted as long as the Bible. Jess is as real as you and me and He loves you so much that He is giving the world plenty of chances to prepare for that Heavenly home.Read and study the books of prophesy and see how much of it has already come to pass. You will be surprised. I will be praying for you.
Answer you did not want

Fresno, CA

#4 Feb 10, 2012
anonxoxox wrote:
Anyone who thinks Jesus and the Bible are a hoax had better be right. Do you know of any book that has lasted as long as the Bible. Jess is as real as you and me and He loves you so much that He is giving the world plenty of chances to prepare for that Heavenly home.Read and study the books of prophesy and see how much of it has already come to pass. You will be surprised. I will be praying for you.
No God, no Heaven... never was, never will be!!!
anonxoxox

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2012
I pray for you and others like you every day. Please get a Bible and just read what it says. Probably you do not have any idea.
Talks to Much

United States

#6 Feb 15, 2012
No man knows
Haywood Concerned

Brownsville, TN

#7 Mar 4, 2012
Big Mike wrote:
The answer is VERY LIKELY "NO." Let me explain. You see, the Bible says, "No one knows that day or hour that Jesus will return, not even the angels in Heaven." Mark 13:32. So am I wrong for saying NO, He won't come back on 12-21-12? Take a look at 2 Peter 3:10, which says, "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night...." Then take a look at Luke 12:39, which says, "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into."

Do you catch my drift? My point is, the mayans are predicting the end of the world to be 12-21-12 and they are deceiving many people with these insane predictions. Therefore since the mayans (and millions of other people) are expecting the end of the world to be 12-21-12, doesn't that contradict 2 Peter 3:10?

Luke 12:39 proves that Jesus will come like a "thief in the night" when the world is least expecting Him. Don't buy into the hype of cults. Read your Bibles and you'll know what to expect! And always remember, your personal "end of time" may happen well before Jesus comes back! Jesus told us to "repent or perish" Luke 13:3. After you die, it will be too late to repent!

And one other thing, many of you will write back and say "It's been 2,000 years and He hasn't come yet, therefore He ain't coming back blah blah blah." Just remember, 2 Peter 3:8 tells us that 1,000 years are like a day and a day is like 1,000 years to The Lord. Time to GOD, is not what time is to us. He's coming back folks!! The question is:

"ARE YOU READY?"
Well said. Keep up the good work!!
Answer you did not want

East Berlin, CT

#8 Mar 5, 2012
Jesus never existed in the first place!!! No mention of him in history books anywhere outside of the Bible.

No God either!!!
umm

Trenton, TN

#9 Mar 5, 2012
umm

Trenton, TN

#10 Mar 5, 2012
sorry that posted twice.
Beckskie

Seattle, WA

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Only the Lord knows if the mayans got it right. Only God himself knows every mans heart.
When the Lord spoke to me, after strange lighting storm,.
He told me ' wake up, I Am Coming'
I studied Revelation a long time ago, but just recently read this verse:
Rev 3:3
Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
I personally believe that if u speak and obey the Lord he will tell you: "You are the one who shall hear the trumpet call"
Nurse for God

Memphis, TN

#12 Oct 15, 2012
Let me just say this, most people don't live like Jesus is coming anytime soon including most Christians. Thank God for His forgiveness and grace! I can tell you that I know for sure that He exists! Only God could have brought me through some of the things that I have been through in my life and still feel blessed and have love and compassion in my heart. If you don't know Him, you need to. He will change your life in a way that nothing on this pitiful earth ever could. I know I wouldn't want to chance missing out on eternal life just because it wasn't listed in some history book! Just take a look at I Peter 1:6-9. I had questions myself at one time and one morning at 3 am I had this voice in my head telling me to get up and read my bible. I thought it was crazy, but I was going through a difficult time in my life and was desperate for anything that could possibly help. When I opened my bible, that verse was staring at me and from that day forward I have stood firmly on those words and never doubted if He was real!
seriously

United States

#13 Oct 16, 2012
For those of you who say God isn't real...have you ever tried praying when you were at your lowest point and then all of a sudden things start coming together? Have you picked up a Bible and simply read it? Don't believe what you read? Google Noah's Ark...they found it! Tried listening to a really good sermon on a Sunday morning? If not maybe you should try that before you doubt him. If so, maybe you are just too afraid and don't want to believe. What happens when you die and he is real? Gonna wish you had opened your eyes.
What is going on

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2012
seriously wrote:
For those of you who say God isn't real...have you ever tried praying when you were at your lowest point and then all of a sudden things start coming together? Have you picked up a Bible and simply read it? Don't believe what you read? Google Noah's Ark...they found it! Tried listening to a really good sermon on a Sunday morning? If not maybe you should try that before you doubt him. If so, maybe you are just too afraid and don't want to believe. What happens when you die and he is real? Gonna wish you had opened your eyes.
What a bunch of jibber-jabber. There is no God, never was, never will be... except in your mind.

I don't know what they (?) found, but it's wasn't the so-called ark from the Bible (a hoax). Hey, if there ever was an ark where were all the animals kept... the boat wasn't big enough. And according to the Bible (and yes I have read a lot of it) the flood covered the tops of the highest mountain... where did all the water go?
What is going on

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2012
Oh, and by the way... 12-21-12 is a scam??? See you on the 22.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 3, 2012
I would rather live my whole life believing and find out that God is not real than to live my whole life not believing and then finding out he is real. I love my savior and I hope and pray this world will be forgiven and saved if the world can't at least each one of us individually can be saved as long as we have faith in the Lord above. If you don't have faith then God rest your soul. I am a sinner and I know that, I am a sinner but I believe whole heartedly that my savior died on the cross for the sins that me and every one has committed and that he is my savior and I pray for my family, myself, and everyone in the entire world. I hope he truly forgives those who do not have the faith they should.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#17 Nov 3, 2012
What is going on wrote:
Oh, and by the way... 12-21-12 is a scam??? See you on the 22.
I have read all your post and lets say you are right, well you knew something alot of folks didn't, but what if you're wrong where are you then???? Bless your soul is all I will say right or wrong.
What is going on

United States

#18 Nov 3, 2012
dontlikerudeness wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all your post and lets say you are right, well you knew something alot of folks didn't, but what if you're wrong where are you then???? Bless your soul is all I will say right or wrong.
If I am right it won't matter and if I am wrong it won't matter either... it's not 50/50 that it's going to happen or not... it's that I am 100% sure we (the Earth) will be here on the 22nd. and for several billion years after. See yeah!
Warfare4Christ

Covington, TN

#19 Nov 5, 2012
What is going on wrote:
<quoted text>If I am right it won't matter and if I am wrong it won't matter either... it's not 50/50 that it's going to happen or not... it's that I am 100% sure we (the Earth) will be here on the 22nd. and for several billion years after. See yeah!
Well you know you may be right. We could be here for billions more of years but that is just because Jesus has allowed us to be. Maybe to give the world a chance to redeem itself. To turn from our wicked ways. For someone to sit here and say God and Jesus never existed is just horrible.
yerrrp

United States

#20 Nov 9, 2012
anonxoxox wrote:
yes the Torah is older than the Bible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SRG Global 6 hr Anonymous 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr America 21,049
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) 9 hr Alyssa76 2,256
cohen dem cronie 9 hr republican ky 1
good lawyer Aug 13 fatherson 4
B'ville TN Rocks Aug 13 aubry 5
Mark Cunningham Aug 12 Say watt 2

Brownsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brownsville Mortgages