Haywood woman charged with first-degree murder in stabbing

A Haywood County woman has been charged with first-degree murder in the Sunday stabbing death of another woman at a lounge in Haywood County.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Haywood

Brownsville, TN

#1 Aug 10, 2010
This is really sad I actually knew both ladies and both of them had children and over a situation that was so uncalled for this young lady was taken from her children because someone wanted to act out and be stupid I hope that other lady gets life and have to sit there and think about what she has done.
haywood

Lexington, TN

#2 Aug 12, 2010
she shold get life thats just said we actually knew toya very well she was a loving mother now those kids will be motherless over something that could of been handeled in a better way
BROWNSVILLE RESIDENT

Oak Ridge, TN

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Maybe if she would have been home with her children and not at a bar, she would still be alive.
COVINGTON GIRL

Memphis, TN

#4 Oct 8, 2010
I DIDNT KNO THE VICTIM BUT I DID KNO KEISHA. THE WHOLE SITUATION WAS SAD. I HATE IT FOR BOTH SIDES. BOTH DO HAVE KIDS.BOTH WE BLACK FOLKS ARE THE BLAME..ALL THIS BLACK ON BLACK CRIME IS CRAZZZZY. KEISHA TOOK A LIFE BUT SHE WAS ALSO TAKEN FROM HER KIDS ALSO. PERSONALLY I DONT THINK SHE SHOULD GET LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE..WAT SHE DID WAS WRONG BUT LOOK AT THE ENVIRONMENT AT THE CLUD WITH SMOKING AND DRINKING WHEN BOTH SHOULD HAVE BEIN AT HOME WITH THEIR KIDS. I THINK SHE SHOULD GET LIFE IN PRISON WITH PAROLE WITH 50%.THAT ENOUGH TIME FOR HER TO THINK ABOUT BOTH SIDES HOW HER ACTION HAS HURT HER FAMILY AND THE VICTIM FAMILY ALSO. THEN WHEN SHE DO GET OUT RESTRICT HER TO ALL BENEFITS, MAKE HER DO CLASS WHICH EDUCATE PEOPLE ON VIOLENCE AND WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL DO TO YOU. DOING ALL THIS IS NOT JUSTIFICATION TO WHAT SHE DID BUT GIVING HER DEATH PENALTY IS NOT DOIN NUN.BUT MAKIN HER SPEND TIME AWAY FROM HER FAMILY IS BETTER GIVING HER DEATH PENALTY IS NOT DOIN NUN.BUT MAKIN HER SPEND TIME AWAY FROM HER FAMILY IS BETTER
to covington girl

Milan, TN

#5 Oct 8, 2010
you should be put in prison just for your grammar alone. Black on Black crime why does it matter does Black on White crime sound better to you. She took the life of a human being and therefore having her life taken away seems pretty fair to me. Neither should have been there and it is tragic as to what happened but life with no parole is fair.
haywood county

Ripley, TN

#6 Jan 2, 2011
BROWNSVILLE RESIDENT wrote:
Maybe if she would have been home with her children and not at a bar, she would still be alive.
you a rude person if you die trying to enjoy yourself then yourself then we'll be saying the same thing about you trick get right
haywood county

Ripley, TN

#7 Jan 2, 2011
REALLY BOTH OF THEM R MII COUSIN IM NOT TAKIN SIDES BUT THERE R TWO SIDES OF THE STORY SO Y WOULD U SAY THAT TOYA DESERVE IT SHE DIDNT DESERVE THAT AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE SHID U DONT EVEN KNOW THE WHOLE STORY ON WHAT HAPPEN SO IF YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING POSITIVE DONT SAY NUN AT ALL THATS ALL IM SAYIN
Dabishop

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2011
may god b wit both ladys kids n sted of convicting them pray for their love ones.I did not no them but i no they are children of God and he is the only one that have the right to judge.
Why

United States

#9 Apr 11, 2011
Why do all but one of these comments look like a third grader wrote them? Someone needs to go back to school.
Really

United States

#10 Apr 11, 2011
If someone gets a babysitter and goes out for a night on the town, this includes a bar if they so desire, then HOW does that have anything to do with explaining away a person getting killed. That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It doesn't matter where they were because it was likely an older argument, meaning didn't start at the bar, so it probably could have happened anywhere. Some people are so full of themselves!!"
concerned

Brownsville, TN

#11 May 29, 2011
I knew both ladies from High School and I would like to know whatever happened to Keshia. Did she get convicted and what was her sentencing?
shawnda drake

Brownsville, TN

#12 Jul 16, 2011
This was ah devestated situation for mii family and hers!!!!THERFORE....to all that NEGATIVE COMMENTS THT SUM PPL R POSTING ON HERE IS IRRELEVENT TO ME!PPL LIKE THT NEED TO GET AH LIFE N GROW UP!NOW....WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINION ABOUT THA SITUATION,BUT MY SISTER LIFE WAS TAKEN FROM HER WITHIN AH BLINK OF AN EYE AND HER BABIES NO LONGER HAVE HER HERE WITH THEM PHISICALLY BUT SPIRITUALLY!!!!KEISHA KIDS STILL HAVE THERE MOTHER ALIVE!!I TRUELY BELIEVE IF U DO THA CRIME THEN U DAMN SHO NEED TO DO THA TIME!!!U REAP WHAT U SOW,AND THATS THAT ON THAT!!!NOW UM PRETTY SURE THA NEGATIVE COMMENTS R COMING FROM KEISHA'S FAM N FRIENDS!!!NEVA SHOULD U SAY AH PERSON DESERVE TO B KILLED CAUZ THEY SHOULDNT B AT AH CLUB NOWAY...HOW WOULD U FEEL IF IT WAS VISEVERSAL,MEANING U WAS N THAT SITUATION N IT HAPPENED TO UR LOVED ONE??U WOULDNT WANT PPL GETTN ON HERE POSTING THAT UR LOVE ONE DESERVED IT!!!!I SAY IF THA LOWLIFE AS BITCH(KEISHA)WOULDA KEPT HER HANDS TO HERSELF THEN SHE WOULDNT B N THA SITUATION SHE N NOW N MY SISTER WOULD STILL B HERE!!!!!!SAID THAT MEANT THAT!ALL ME N MY FAMILY ASK IS FOR JUSTICE TO B SERVED AND SOME MUCH NEEDED CLOSURE!!!!ONE THING I CAN SAY,PPL CAN POST NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT MY SISTER ALL THEY WANT...BT GUESS WHAT?MY SISTER DIDNT SUFFER,BUT I GANRANTEE KEISHA IS REGARDLESS OF WHATS GONNA HAPPEN TO HER AND SHE AINT GONE SURVIVE IT AT ALL!!!
UM TOYA'S. OLDEST SISTER
spencer hines

Brownsville, TN

#13 Jul 16, 2011
I guess me and my God-Sisters are just finding out about this website,but to get to the point of the matter the victim in this situation was my God-Sister Latoya S. Drake didn't deserve to die so to you who posted that comment come holla at us and we can go over how you feel face to face. Toy a was a damn good mother,hard worker and a very good friend. People quick to play the judge in this situation but put the shoe on the other feet and if it was keshia who was stabbed and to the writer who said they must had prior arguments,naw it just happen that night and Toy a was a small girl so why u use a weapon to try to hurt someone and look where that got you and we ain't asking for your fucking sympathy, we got this. I think if you take a life yours should be taken too,my sis had small children that will grow up without their wonderful mother and keishia kids get to see her,so hey I know justice will be served and remember God has the final say so.
Now its almost a year and y'all imagine not seeing a face or hearing a voice that you are used to hearing everyday.Missing You Latoya S.Drake.
rika drake

Brownsville, TN

#14 Jul 17, 2011
I c sum people r very disrespectful this is toyasister also me personally don't know who u are I only wish I did know u should have revealed your real name wit yo scary ass this is not a joke this shit is real
Mi sister was a good person and didn't mess with nobody but this ain't the first time keisha used a knife there are other people that can testify to thti pray for keisha everyday n no I dnt feel sorry for her nor do I forgive her n I never will whatever may happen to her she deserve I don't wish death upon her but she could have thought about that thang before she did it mi neice n nephew was very close to there mother n for them to wake up without her that's a very hurtful feelin just think about it u prolly should have kept your two cents to yourself but like mi bro said god got the last say so in this situation may god bless you!!!!!!
tee tee

Rossville, TN

#15 Jul 18, 2011
shawnda drake wrote:
This was ah devestated situation for mii family and hers!!!!THERFORE....to all that NEGATIVE COMMENTS THT SUM PPL R POSTING ON HERE IS IRRELEVENT TO ME!PPL LIKE THT NEED TO GET AH LIFE N GROW UP!NOW....WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINION ABOUT THA SITUATION,BUT MY SISTER LIFE WAS TAKEN FROM HER WITHIN AH BLINK OF AN EYE AND HER BABIES NO LONGER HAVE HER HERE WITH THEM PHISICALLY BUT SPIRITUALLY!!!!KEISHA KIDS STILL HAVE THERE MOTHER ALIVE!!I TRUELY BELIEVE IF U DO THA CRIME THEN U DAMN SHO NEED TO DO THA TIME!!!U REAP WHAT U SOW,AND THATS THAT ON THAT!!!NOW UM PRETTY SURE THA NEGATIVE COMMENTS R COMING FROM KEISHA'S FAM N FRIENDS!!!NEVA SHOULD U SAY AH PERSON DESERVE TO B KILLED CAUZ THEY SHOULDNT B AT AH CLUB NOWAY...HOW WOULD U FEEL IF IT WAS VISEVERSAL,MEANING U WAS N THAT SITUATION N IT HAPPENED TO UR LOVED ONE??U WOULDNT WANT PPL GETTN ON HERE POSTING THAT UR LOVE ONE DESERVED IT!!!!I SAY IF THA LOWLIFE AS BITCH(KEISHA)WOULDA KEPT HER HANDS TO HERSELF THEN SHE WOULDNT B N THA SITUATION SHE N NOW N MY SISTER WOULD STILL B HERE!!!!!!SAID THAT MEANT THAT!ALL ME N MY FAMILY ASK IS FOR JUSTICE TO B SERVED AND SOME MUCH NEEDED CLOSURE!!!!ONE THING I CAN SAY,PPL CAN POST NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT MY SISTER ALL THEY WANT...BT GUESS WHAT?MY SISTER DIDNT SUFFER,BUT I GANRANTEE KEISHA IS REGARDLESS OF WHATS GONNA HAPPEN TO HER AND SHE AINT GONE SURVIVE IT AT ALL!!!
UM TOYA'S. OLDEST SISTER
You can find out who posted the comments and sue them...It is a way...trust me
tee tee

Rossville, TN

#16 Jul 19, 2011
COVINGTON GIRL wrote:
I DIDNT KNO THE VICTIM BUT I DID KNO KEISHA. THE WHOLE SITUATION WAS SAD. I HATE IT FOR BOTH SIDES. BOTH DO HAVE KIDS.BOTH WE BLACK FOLKS ARE THE BLAME..ALL THIS BLACK ON BLACK CRIME IS CRAZZZZY. KEISHA TOOK A LIFE BUT SHE WAS ALSO TAKEN FROM HER KIDS ALSO. PERSONALLY I DONT THINK SHE SHOULD GET LIFE IN PRISON WITHOUT PAROLE..WAT SHE DID WAS WRONG BUT LOOK AT THE ENVIRONMENT AT THE CLUD WITH SMOKING AND DRINKING WHEN BOTH SHOULD HAVE BEIN AT HOME WITH THEIR KIDS. I THINK SHE SHOULD GET LIFE IN PRISON WITH PAROLE WITH 50%.THAT ENOUGH TIME FOR HER TO THINK ABOUT BOTH SIDES HOW HER ACTION HAS HURT HER FAMILY AND THE VICTIM FAMILY ALSO. THEN WHEN SHE DO GET OUT RESTRICT HER TO ALL BENEFITS, MAKE HER DO CLASS WHICH EDUCATE PEOPLE ON VIOLENCE AND WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL DO TO YOU. DOING ALL THIS IS NOT JUSTIFICATION TO WHAT SHE DID BUT GIVING HER DEATH PENALTY IS NOT DOIN NUN.BUT MAKIN HER SPEND TIME AWAY FROM HER FAMILY IS BETTER GIVING HER DEATH PENALTY IS NOT DOIN NUN.BUT MAKIN HER SPEND TIME AWAY FROM HER FAMILY IS BETTER
Black on black crime has nothing to do with this. She took a person life. Yes she does have kids, but her kids can go and have a face to face conversation with her Toya kids have to go to the GRAVEYARD and visit her. Being in a club has nothing to do with it. If she had gotten killed at her own house, does that mean that her home was not safe.....
sexy75

Kennett, MO

#17 Aug 21, 2011
I think it is sad what happened and I beleave and trust justice will be served she should' be ashamed of her self for taking a mother away from her babies so sad
I LOVE BEING BLACK

Honolulu, HI

#18 Aug 25, 2011
I'm from Brownsville, TN. My name is Candace Reed. I want to say this to whoever said Toya should've have been home....what about Keshia she had kids and she was pregnant(so I've heard)....so where should she have been? I don't know the situation and wasn't there, but I do know it is sad. I didn't know Toya, but she seemed to be a lovely person and she had a beautiful smile. May she rest with God. I know her sister Keke and if she was anything like her...she was good people. Nobody deserves to be taken away from their children like that...it's enough natural diseases as it is, but God's will, will be done. I knew of Keisha and...all I can say is may God have mercy. To the Drake family, be strong...cuz one than about it...Ya'll do stick together. God bless you all.
that one

Brownsville, TN

#19 Sep 30, 2011
to covington girl wrote:
you should be put in prison just for your grammar alone. Black on Black crime why does it matter does Black on White crime sound better to you. She took the life of a human being and therefore having her life taken away seems pretty fair to me. Neither should have been there and it is tragic as to what happened but life with no parole is fair.
I ain't trying to get nun started but it should b no killin at all just really and quit girl for u give kkk and idea really
God knows

Ripley, TN

#20 Apr 2, 2012
God knows all hurt all pain he knew what Keshia plan and desire was to kill toya or to hurt but when you make foolish decisions you pay for them I have been knowing both family's a long time and I will say pray for strength and justice but let god fix it not you because when we get in the way god move out the way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution Stings (Apr '14) 4 hr Jack Sparrow Need... 12
state trooper 4 hr Really 11
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
New Funeral Home in Ripley 16 hr bad to the bone 2
impeach henning mayor!! 17 hr A friend 2
give away 23 hr justme 2
Ripley Music Thread (May '12) Tue Dickens1 290
Brownsville Dating
Find my Match

Brownsville Jobs

Brownsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brownsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brownsville

Personal Finance