First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what a mess we have

Brownsville, TN

#1 Jun 16, 2012
All concerned about the future of our school system PLEASE COME to special called mtg TUESDAY AT 1 pm. This may be our only chance to do something abt this mess we have.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#2 Jun 17, 2012
what a mess we have wrote:
All concerned about the future of our school system PLEASE COME to special called mtg TUESDAY AT 1 pm. This may be our only chance to do something abt this mess we have.
I find it odd they called this for the middle of a work day for most people!!!!

“MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!”

Since: May 12

Brownsville tn

#3 Jun 17, 2012
Well naturally they will have it then, less people to say anything and even if they had a crowd that didn't agree with them, they would still go ahead and do what they want.
Daniel Thornton

Apo, AE

#4 Jun 17, 2012
Amen to that! I am just wondering, how is it that the law requires 15 days advertisement AND first on the agenda. The meeting Tuesday seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars as it would still be ILLEGAL. They have to have it done by the end of the month or the director is fired.(because the contract expires) They don't have 15 days left in the month. They are just going to redo the motions in the right order and call it even. STILL ILLEGAL in my (non attorney) opinion. It also cannot be given so many days before the school board election. They waited way to late to address his contract but they were probably waiting till people went on vacation to not notice. No body cares no matter when it is held. The same amount will turn out for a 8am, 1pm, 5pm, or 7pm. Just waisting valuable dollars away from the ACTUAL children.
Daniel Thornton

Apo, AE

#5 Jun 17, 2012
Whoops! It said error so I did not think it posted. I retyped. Slightly different but same meaning. Sorry
Daniel Thornton

Apo, AE

#6 Jun 18, 2012
I see my repeat post from yesterday was deleted. Thank you.

Well after a LOT of research, I have come up with more information. The School Board can meet and appoint an INTERIM Director. BY T.C.A.49-2-203 (14)(A), they cannot offer a contract 45 days prior to a school board election. Tuesday, June 19, 2012 is 45 days prior to the August 2, 2012 County Election. The interim CAN be the current director (unfortunately) but the NEWLY elected School Board will have the responsibility of voting on a contract in September 2012. In that time, those truly concerned, which I have learned is barely a few, can contact those already on the Board, and elect School Board Members who may agree with their views.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#7 Jun 18, 2012
Daniel Thornton wrote:
I see my repeat post from yesterday was deleted. Thank you.
Well after a LOT of research, I have come up with more information. The School Board can meet and appoint an INTERIM Director. BY T.C.A.49-2-203 (14)(A), they cannot offer a contract 45 days prior to a school board election. Tuesday, June 19, 2012 is 45 days prior to the August 2, 2012 County Election. The interim CAN be the current director (unfortunately) but the NEWLY elected School Board will have the responsibility of voting on a contract in September 2012. In that time, those truly concerned, which I have learned is barely a few, can contact those already on the Board, and elect School Board Members who may agree with their views.
I have head a few names talked about running for Allen's position and yours too I guess. Robbie King and Pearlie Hess are stuck there for a few more years - right? What about Harold Garrett - he has to go.
Daniel Thornton

Apo, AE

#8 Jun 19, 2012
Pay The Price wrote:
<quoted text>
I have head a few names talked about running for Allen's position and yours too I guess. Robbie King and Pearlie Hess are stuck there for a few more years - right? What about Harold Garrett - he has to go.
The majority of the Board is up for re-election in August 2014 with all other county seats. The county commission could expand the current school board but it has always been talk with no action. I warned everyone of what would happen if some were re-elected. People are to afraid to run against people around here. It is going to be a very sad future for Haywood County. Just keep telling yourself, "these are our future leaders." Sleep well!

Since: Jun 12

United States

#9 Jun 19, 2012
Daniel Thornton wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the Board is up for re-election in August 2014 with all other county seats. The county commission could expand the current school board but it has always been talk with no action. I warned everyone of what would happen if some were re-elected. People are to afraid to run against people around here. It is going to be a very sad future for Haywood County. Just keep telling yourself, "these are our future leaders." Sleep well!
Thanks, slept well. I will keep you posted on the meeting today. I believe in shedding light on dark situations so I am hoping people will be there today that will do that.
what a mess we have

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2012
Has anyone got an update as to how the mtg. Went?

Since: Jun 12

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2012
what a mess we have wrote:
Has anyone got an update as to how the mtg. Went?
Talked to a friend who went. Turnout was only a handful of people. The news showed up and from what she told me Mr. King tried to run them off. They apologized for the illegal vote last week and said they could not vote again until 30 days after this election. Ms. Hess had a hard time wrapping her head around why last week's vote was a problem!!!!!!!!! Mr. King refused a request from the media to talk on camera - surprise - surprise.
hope

Milan, TN

#12 Jun 19, 2012

“MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!”

Since: May 12

Brownsville tn

#13 Jun 20, 2012
A freakin 30,000 dollar raise! put that money into the kids educations, not this person pocket. ridiculous how stupid people are. they better vote it down in September, no one needs that much of a raise or really needs a raise at all!
Daniel Thornton

Apo, AE

#14 Jun 20, 2012
WBBJ Reports about as well as Brownsville Radio. Both are worthless in my opinion.
The FACTS are that HCS Board broke the law twice just in this case. They should have had this meeting to appoint an INTERIM Director. If they just met to talk about how sorry they are then they are as stupid as I think they are. The contract that was passed on the regular meeting night was done illegally and there for does not exist. They MUST appoint an interim to fill the VACANCY caused by the current Director's contract expiring at the end of JUNE and a new LEGAL one being drawn up. JULY, AUGUST, and MID SEPTEMBER cannot be filled with the current Director unless he is placed in that position LEGALLY in a PUBLIC meeting following the LAW. This isn't just some minor misunderstanding. It is very CLEAR and SIMPLE Law violations. This community is such a joke. Only people laughing are the people leaving.
concerned

Brownsville, TN

#15 Jun 20, 2012
If Mr king was white. Nothing would be said about the raise. There are some said people in this world. He is making a change and y'all folks can't handle it.
what a mess we have

United States

#16 Jun 20, 2012
So what favor were you offered? It's all politics. He needs the raise to pay his cronies for favors. Yes he has made changes but at what cost? Oh and pearlie hess needs to go. She does not have a clue what the laws are and probably don't care as long as MK stays where he is.
Most racist county

Brownsville, TN

#17 Jun 20, 2012
In case people have not been keeping up, Haywood County is being called the most divided county around. Why you think it's hard to get businesses to come here or for that matter people in general. Marlon King is not doing anything that hadn't already been going on in Haywood County. What is your beef with the man, and let's be honest. George Chapman, Gordon Perry and the list goes on, didn't exactly make the world go round.
what a mess we have wrote:
So what favor were you offered? It's all politics. He needs the raise to pay his cronies for favors. Yes he has made changes but at what cost? Oh and pearlie hess needs to go. She does not have a clue what the laws are and probably don't care as long as MK stays where he is.
haha!!

United States

#18 Jun 20, 2012
Most racist county wrote:
<quoted text>In case people have not been keeping up, Haywood County is being called the most divided county around. Why you think it's hard to get businesses to come here or for that matter people in general. Marlon King is not doing anything that hadn't already been going on in Haywood County. What is your beef with the man, and let's be honest. George Chapman, Gordon Perry and the list goes on, didn't exactly make the world go round.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
boom!!

United States

#19 Jun 20, 2012
Mention Haywood county, and you get laughed at!!!! Everything Haywood is a JOKE!!!!!

“MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!”

Since: May 12

Brownsville tn

#20 Jun 21, 2012
Annnnnnnnnnnnnd the race card again,that's why were divided, someone always has to bring up race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min miss tuffet 148,661
Girl on Sugar Creek Road. 4 hr ?? 11
fake id or something.. (Dec '13) 10 hr Bellamie 10
Dewayne Evans Sat Chasity 6
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Sat TheRealZeke 9,438
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Sat TheRealZeke 8,637
Karoline Hobock Sat Karoline Hobock 5
•••
•••
•••

Brownsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Brownsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brownsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brownsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••