Just saying comments on upcoming foot...

Just saying comments on upcoming football season

Posted in the Brownsville Forum

just saying

Dyer, TN

#1 May 12, 2012
From watching, listening and observing over the past few months, I must commend Coach Slade Calhoun, yes I said commend. Most of you know I was critical of the coach on many occasions. I see him turning the corner and opening his eyes on Haywood County Football. First he probably found out that the "committee" did not represent what Haywood County Football was for the past 30 years. You can't base football today on what they did in the 60's, face it it's history but things were different, mainly segregation. I think he is now guided by his football instincts and not those of a certain group. I even heard of a mended relationship with Mr. Nick Korn, kudos!!! The understanding of who his players are is coming about, I hear it from some of them how things are not like last year. I don't criticize just to criticize, but I am man enough to give props where props are due. Keep moving forward and you will see the same people that wanted your head, will be your biggest supporters. They didn't dislike you but what you were representing.
Freddy

Brownsville, TN

#2 May 12, 2012
just saying wrote:
From watching, listening and observing over the past few months, I must commend Coach Slade Calhoun, yes I said commend. Most of you know I was critical of the coach on many occasions. I see him turning the corner and opening his eyes on Haywood County Football. First he probably found out that the "committee" did not represent what Haywood County Football was for the past 30 years. You can't base football today on what they did in the 60's, face it it's history but things were different, mainly segregation. I think he is now guided by his football instincts and not those of a certain group. I even heard of a mended relationship with Mr. Nick Korn, kudos!!! The understanding of who his players are is coming about, I hear it from some of them how things are not like last year. I don't criticize just to criticize, but I am man enough to give props where props are due. Keep moving forward and you will see the same people that wanted your head, will be your biggest supporters. They didn't dislike you but what you were representing.
Well thats great, maybe you and your armchair quarterbacks will back off and let him coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll add a word drop a word (Jul '13) 6 hr Alyssa76 1,505
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) 6 hr Alyssa76 2,205
Looking for a full body Asian massage parlor (Sep '16) 11 hr Tim 6
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 14,100
Jackson, TN police 19 hr amber 1
Ambulance cuts 20 hr Not so fast 6
Idot driver 21 hr Bassmaster 1

Brownsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance