Brownsville IS a good place to live!

Posted in the Brownsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miss Happy

Brownsville, TN

#1 Mar 15, 2012
All that is ever said on here are the NEGATIVES of Brownsville. People talk like this is the worst place to ever live. I happen to think that every town has its problems and we just have to take the good with the bad. However, I think we should all try to be more positive and think more along the lines of looking for the happy and good things about our town than the bad. Think of the renovations that have been made to make it look better, the way our officers and firefighters risk their lives to try to make it as safe as possible, the way we have all pulled together in any time of crisis, the amount of churches that we have that do for the community. Think of the home you may live in, the car you may drive, the job or jobs you may have, the children you may have, the freedom you have to be on a computer or cell phone to access this site. Think of the amount of good people in your life, that live here in this very town. I think we should stop trying to bash people and ruin them and instead lift them up and look for the positives in this tough world. Yes, we have gang issues, shootings, fights, things said that we get offended by, but our life should not be defined by that. We have but one life to live - don't waste it on petty stuff that don't matter that much and won't account for a thing at the end of your life.

I love this place and I truly think it is a good place to live.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Laughing

Brownsville, TN

#2 Mar 21, 2012
Miss Happy wrote:
All that is ever said on here are the NEGATIVES of Brownsville. People talk like this is the worst place to ever live. I happen to think that every town has its problems and we just have to take the good with the bad. However, I think we should all try to be more positive and think more along the lines of looking for the happy and good things about our town than the bad. Think of the renovations that have been made to make it look better, the way our officers and firefighters risk their lives to try to make it as safe as possible, the way we have all pulled together in any time of crisis, the amount of churches that we have that do for the community. Think of the home you may live in, the car you may drive, the job or jobs you may have, the children you may have, the freedom you have to be on a computer or cell phone to access this site. Think of the amount of good people in your life, that live here in this very town. I think we should stop trying to bash people and ruin them and instead lift them up and look for the positives in this tough world. Yes, we have gang issues, shootings, fights, things said that we get offended by, but our life should not be defined by that. We have but one life to live - don't waste it on petty stuff that don't matter that much and won't account for a thing at the end of your life.
HOw stupid are you this place is shithole.
nobody

Somerset, KY

#3 Mar 21, 2012
Miss Happy wrote:
What lind of crack did you buy---this town is a pathetic waste of time and energy, the social circles keep the poor poor---the taxes keep everyone in distress, constanting going up for things we dont need, the government is run by drunks,high taxws, unemployment,poor management, lies and broken promises---I am leaving here as soon as I get a chance
Education is the key

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2012
And if u go get the right education you won't have any problems. Nobody can keep you poor and unemployed but....YOU!!! Problems are everywhere. Not just Brownsville!
Dog

Somerset, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2012
We are all so glad Miss Happy is happy. Wonder where she buys her wine, Covington or Jackson?
Take your meds

United States

#7 Mar 25, 2012
For all of you that are negative. You should go take your depression medicine. You're all so sad.
Whitey

United States

#8 Mar 26, 2012
Brownsville is a good place to live. It's just the people that suck. Lol. Nothing but blacks and whites that want to be black! Oh yea and a bunch of mixed babies.
Laughing

Brownsville, TN

#9 Mar 29, 2012
Whitey wrote:
Brownsville is a good place to live. It's just the people that suck. Lol. Nothing but blacks and whites that want to be black! Oh yea and a bunch of mixed babies.
amen to that...
bobby6string

United States

#10 Mar 29, 2012
Uh, I'm white and don't want to be black.

And I know lots of good people here. Maybe it's YOUR friends that suck? I don't know, just sayin.

Any place has good and bad. It's up to you to decide which group to associate with.
Allergic to Stupidity

United States

#11 Apr 8, 2012
Whitey wrote:
The most ignorant comment ever!!!!!
love it
#12 Apr 15, 2012
Brownsville is a good place to live. I have no problem with this place. I moved away for two years and came back because of the good home place. If you have a problem with this place then 9 times out of 10 your the one thats the problem not the town.
Honestly

Jackson, TN

#14 May 14, 2012
I've been here 24 years. There are, like someone else said, good and bad everywhere, but it is up to us to make it a good place to live. If you hate the Sheriff, vote his ass out. If you hate the Mayor, vote his/her ass out. If you hate taxes/the way they are misused, vote the City Council out. YOU have the power to mold Brownsville into whatever you want it to be.

One word....."Vote, Dammit!!". Ok, 2 words.
Honestly

Jackson, TN

#15 May 14, 2012
Miss Happy wrote:
All that is ever said on here are the NEGATIVES of Brownsville. People talk like this is the worst place to ever live. I happen to think that every town has its problems and we just have to take the good with the bad. However, I think we should all try to be more positive and think more along the lines of looking for the happy and good things about our town than the bad. Think of the renovations (((that cost neearly 700k dollars, which could have been better spent on public roads and other things)))that have been made to make it look better, the way our officers and firefighters risk their lives to try to make it as safe as possible(((as they do everywhere, but ours are underpaid to line the pockets of politicians better))), the way we have all pulled together in any time of crisis (((usually for the reasons to make yourselves look better for re-elections))), the amount of churches that we have that do for the community(((doesn't count-that doing for others is in the bible))). Think of the home you may live in(((thanks to me, not this town))), the car you may drive(((again, ME))), the job or jobs you may have(((you mean the 28% unemployment rate - 17% higher than the National Average))), the freedom you have to be on a computer or cell phone to access this site(((thanks to troops, not brownsville))). Think of the amount of good people in your life, that live here in this very town."

Sorry, I had to stop the insanity. Use your heads and research a little of the truth before you post this foolishness.
nah

Jackson, TN

#17 May 18, 2012
I have to disagree. I was born and raised in Bville. The place where if you are white, but from the wrong side of the tracks you were overlooked most certainly.
I have moved out of Bville for the fact that I could not stand for my children to go through the horrors of that town, school system, and community.
Maybe the town is great for you, but I ask...what part of town do you live in? The part that you drive down the road to get home and there are 10 thugs standing in the road that won't move?
You can be oblivious to anything if you can afford it, but only to a degree...When you have to make a simple errand run to one of the limited places to shop, the ignorance of that town slaps you in the face...standing in line listening to hollering and cruel fussing at kids, the constant "boom" you hear from a car either in your house or when you stop to get gas, there are so many of these things that make me feel just awful to be there.
I am so thankful that I was able to move out of Bville to a place I feel my children have opportunities that Bville would'nt(not couldn't) give them.
There is a huge difference in Bville and other towns. I have lived both in and out, and I will never change my opinion. It's better to be out.
However, I do understand making lemonade out of lemons. If you are stuck in Bville, then you may as well start holding on to the few things they have that aren't so bad...I just can't seem to think of any that I had while there.
bran

Monterey, TN

#18 Jun 10, 2012
i grew up there. it's a @#$%HOLE!
lol

United States

#19 Jun 10, 2012
Whitey wrote:
Don't forget the ones that THINK they are high society!! This town sucks!!!! Nothing but crack heads, and coke heads!!
Intersting

Memphis, TN

#20 Jun 14, 2012
Miss Happy wrote:

That must be some good weed your smoking to make such big clames about this dump
haha!!

United States

#21 Jun 14, 2012
Intersting wrote:
<quoted text>That must be some good weed your smoking to make such big clames about this dump
AMEN!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Somerset, KY

#22 Jun 15, 2012
No.
I hate it here.
Everybody thinks they are better than everybody.
BUAHAHAHA

Jackson, TN

#23 Jul 8, 2012
This place is a shit hole filed with biblebelt b/itc/he/s, and people thinking they are way better than everyone else, and the crack heads you cant miss them there everywhere, ohhhh and the obesity rate is HIGH as a mutha fuc/ker in this town, and theres no sh/it to do here, fu/ck this place and fu/ck this town, and fu/ck the stupid people here, so happy I moved away from this place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logan Hopper!! 8 hr Worried 4
Civil war statue 8 hr Mr T 44
Time to leave 12 hr caulkie 4
Building Permit 13 hr Been there 2
Drop a Word/Add a Word (Mar '12) Tue Princess Hey 2,263
Halls Football 2017 Mon yupp 18
worked at 1982 Worlds Fair Mon John Holmes 1

Brownsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance