Arlene

Uniontown, PA

#1 Aug 3, 2010
This pic is taken from West. Brownsville side looking at Brownsville. I use to swim here alot.
Those were the good old days. Fun Fun Fun.
Nancy Childs BILES

Covington, GA

#2 Apr 2, 2013
I WAS BORN IN BVILLE BUT LEFT THERE IN 1962 AND MOVED TO OHIO AND FROM THERE I NOW LIVE IN GEORGIA BEEN HERE SINCE 1968 LONG TIME STILL MISS HOME AND ALL WAYS WILL I COME HOME SOME BUT NOT MUCH IF YOU KNOW ME I WAS NANCY CHILDS AND LIVED ON JACKSON STREET YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE I KNOW WHEN I LIVED THERE
THANKS NANCY
Grace Broadwell Alexander

Sunnyvale, CA

#3 Apr 3, 2013
To: Nancy Childs Biles
I know how you feel about Brownsville, your having left there in 1962.
Although we do not know each other I just wanted to say I left in 1944 and I STILL miss West Brownsville where I lived and Brownsville where we shopped.
I've been back to visit.Nothing can take away the love for that area. Brownsville area is a very special place and the memories of it will never grow dim. I miss the people, the paddle wheel boats, the trains, the hills, the old iron bridge and much more. Lived there from 1935 to January, 1944. That's where i experienced
the war years and the black-outs and brown-outs and prayed we'd never see enemy planes over Brownsville. Thank God we didn't.
God bless you.
Grace Broadwell Alexander

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Verydice Jul 20 Believe 1
News Tucker Carlson confronts filmmaker about bizarr... Jul 20 Parden Pard 5
Where have all buildings gone? Jul '17 Harry 1
News First woman police officer hired in Confluence (Feb '08) Jul '17 Wow 19
Chris Stanfield Mar '17 Haywood 1
News Exchange student neglect may lead to reform (Jul '09) Mar '17 Bigbuggie 16
joe lopez of mazz (Dec '08) Feb '17 redraidergal 39

Brownsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance