Next Last
dkjkfdslkd

North Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 16, 2009
Know any?
do not believe

Greensburg, KY

#2 Mar 16, 2009
I was told once that the Joppa Church in Mammoth Cave Park is suppose to be haunted. A boy that I was dating took me there and we sat and waited to get spooked.............maybe it was haunted........or maybe he was trying to put on the moves. Either way we saw nothing. I don't believe in ghosts.
ClydeFred

Trinity, TX

#4 Mar 16, 2009
Joppa is the real deal. There are a few places around...
haunted

North Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 17, 2009
The old Brownsville Elementary School. And the old Tandy McEntire house up behind the bank. Both haunted.
4 dollafootlong

Georgetown, IN

#6 Mar 17, 2009
If I am not mistaken there was a murder about 20 years ago and a body was discovered at that church. Forgive me if I am wrong if its not joppa its one pretty close to it.
4 dollafootlong

Georgetown, IN

#7 Mar 17, 2009
Another one was the old slavehouse at the end of Salem road. It's not there anymore but it is seriously creepy.
silkhope

United States

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Yes, the Old Mattie House place, which is the Slave house is very Creepy. There is also a huge rock still there where Slave where sold on it. And that is no Joke... If you go down to the creek behind, the old Saltmans house their is a slave grave yard. There is also a family grave yard on the other side of the Rock with the family, who lived there, they where Vanmeters, and his mistress is buried just above the mans grave, where is buried with his wife.
4 dollafootlong

Georgetown, IN

#9 Mar 18, 2009
Yes I have seen the rock but not the graveyard, is it safe to visit these places without getting shot? I am just saying I grew up in Edmonson and I know how some of the people are.
ronda

Harvest, AL

#10 Mar 18, 2009
yea is it safe i love scary places
yourright

Prattsville, AR

#11 Mar 18, 2009
yes the old joppa church is where a lot of people used to see a woman in a white dress i have heard my daddy talk about it alot he has even said he had seen it
joppa church

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2009
if you walk to the left of the joppa church you will see an old road bed. that road was traveled by horse and buggies and later on old model T's. many deaths were recorded on that old road due to buggies fliping and so on. if you ever get a chance just start walking it. i have many times and you can almost feel the history that went on there!
joppa church

United States

#13 Mar 18, 2009
i'm sorry. walk to the RIGHT of the church. my mistake!
Veronica

Alliance, OH

#14 Mar 18, 2009
Were is that at?
ronda

Harvest, AL

#15 Mar 18, 2009
i would like to know where it is to that would be so cool
Veronica

Alliance, OH

#16 Mar 18, 2009
I also heard the old sunfish school ,is haunted but I dont know if its true
joppa church

United States

#17 Mar 18, 2009
Veronica wrote:
Were is that at?
in the park. old white church with a graveyard behind it.
Missy

Harvest, AL

#18 Mar 23, 2009
My friend went there three of them they drive around the church three time then park at the back of the church by the window. Turn off everyting and sit. The car was rocking back and for. Sometime hard. You could feel someone toughing your shoulder. Then the clock light came on by it self the key was off. The church in on 70 the South end going to Brownsville. Do you dare to gooooooo.

“ROCKIN' !!!”

Since: Jan 09

Brownsville

#19 Mar 23, 2009
Missy wrote:
My friend went there three of them they drive around the church three time then park at the back of the church by the window. Turn off everyting and sit. The car was rocking back and for. Sometime hard. You could feel someone toughing your shoulder. Then the clock light came on by it self the key was off. The church in on 70 the South end going to Brownsville. Do you dare to gooooooo.
Hunted Dry Land Fish there a few times, never seen a thing...but I was looking at the ground mostly...lol
ttt

Harvest, AL

#20 Mar 23, 2009
there is definitely something in the park, my husband and both seen one night. Completely freaked us out, but it was before you get to joppa from brownsville
What was it

North Chicago, IL

#21 Mar 23, 2009
ttt wrote:
there is definitely something in the park, my husband and both seen one night. Completely freaked us out, but it was before you get to joppa from brownsville
What did you see? What did it look like?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To Auto (Samantha's Man) Read This 7 min U Dirty Skank 8
Christy Selling drugs on Kenton Street 2 hr So hot and sexy 1
Helbig for Sheriff 2 hr WarrenRepub 6
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr winner 465
EC football 2018 12 hr fan 1
Micheal Meredith Mon Yuppl 5
Edmonson Voice Apr 21 Me thats who 6

Brownsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Brownsville Mortgages