“God helps them ”

Since: Jul 10

that help themselves...

#1 Mar 12, 2012
for or against?
THINK BEFORE U SPEAK

Lexington, KY

#2 Mar 12, 2012
Im for this, thinks it would help the community out and make jobs for lots of people. Distilling whiskey is no different than raising tobacco if anything its better. Steve is a good person and would give everything he had to help someone.PEOPLE NEED TO GET THEIR FACTS STRAIT AND RELIZE THIS IS NOT A BAD THING.

“God helps them ”

that help themselves...

#3 Mar 12, 2012
I agree. It would be a huge boost for EC economy
national nazi

United States

#4 Mar 13, 2012
I'm all for it. I think the jobs and revenue it would bring in would help everybody, and the extra funding could go to some much needed improvements this county needs. what saddens me though is that ignorant ad in the paper the association of missionary Christians took out. it was riddled with misinformation, lies, and bullshot that it makes our county look like a laughing stock. they aren't going to sell it on the county, nobody is going to bribe their kids with booze, but it showed how little they cared about the county with their own selfish diatribe.
Informed

United States

#5 Mar 13, 2012
So glad to c that some people are actually for this and for the right reasons! I am all for this. Jobs are jobs.
Sweeden Resident

Trinity, TX

#6 Mar 14, 2012
I am 100% against the alcohol distillery.

- Fire Departments in the area are not equipped to handle a possible fire of that magnitude – look at the damage that occurred in Lawrenceburg in 2000 and Bardstown in 2003.
- Small distilleries emit strong odor – this has the potential for constant alcohol smell in the communities surrounding the distillery.
- The increased traffic flow will also endanger citizens and drivers of all ages as they travel their routes in and out of our county. Sweeden will not be the only community to be damaged due to this distillery.
- Edmonson County Tax Payers will be saddled with the price tag to repair the roads that the trucks navigate as we see them deteriorate from the tons of extra weight the large trucks and tractor-trailers will carry traveling to and from the interstates.

“God helps them ”

that help themselves...

#7 Mar 14, 2012
Sweeden Resident wrote:
- Fire Departments in the area are not equipped to handle a possible fire of that magnitude – look at the damage that occurred in Lawrenceburg in 2000 and Bardstown in 2003.
- Small distilleries emit strong odor – this has the potential for constant alcohol smell in the communities surrounding the distillery.
- The increased traffic flow will also endanger citizens and drivers of all ages as they travel their routes in and out of our county. Sweeden will not be the only community to be damaged due to this distillery.
- Edmonson County Tax Payers will be saddled with the price tag to repair the roads that the trucks navigate as we see them deteriorate from the tons of extra weight the large trucks and tractor-trailers will carry traveling to and from the interstates.
All of the above are good points, and all but one are solvable. The tax revenue generated could purchase the equipment needed for the fire departments. Roads can be widened to allow for turning lanes so traffic won't be affected. The maximum load weight for any tractor trailer is 80,000 lbs. There won't be any "extra weight" on the roads that aren't already on them. Hwy 259 is a state road, any damage repair is payed for by state tax dollars, not county tax dollars.
Facts

Trinity, TX

#8 Mar 14, 2012
Old Kyrock road is a county road. paid for by the county. The state road is 259 not old Kyrock road.

Regardless, we still pay the taxes either way that go toward state roads.

I live in edmonson county because I don't want to live near things like distilleries.

I personally don't want to constantly smell alcohol, live near alcohol being made, or have jobs associated with the making of alcohol.
Attention everyone

Mammoth Cave, KY

#9 Mar 14, 2012
Then move.
Sweeden

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Mar 14, 2012
I agree...the distillery should go somewhere else. It seems to me that people who want things like alcohol and distilleries should move to a place that has alcohol.
Attention everyone

Mammoth Cave, KY

#11 Mar 14, 2012
Sweeden wrote:
I agree...the distillery should go somewhere else. It seems to me that people who want things like alcohol and distilleries should move to a place that has alcohol.
There would only be two groups of people left if in the county if those who supported it moved. Sweeden and Midway lol
count

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Mar 15, 2012
To those worried about the smell - you won't smell alcohol at the distillery. Have you ever been near a distillery? Probably not; you've probably never been outside Edmonson County.

Cow crap smells bad too; do you want the farmers to do away with cows? Meth Labs smell really bad and pose a REAL DANGER-why don't you focus on those vs someone trying to make an honest living? Worry about the pill pushers and those selling illegal drugs in the trailer next to yours instead of a legit business.

You people are just making yourselves look even more stupid and backward. The county is the laughing stock of this area due to the narrow-minded, ignorance of some of the residents.
FYI

Park City, KY

#13 Mar 17, 2012
I am as proud to live in this county as anyone. on the other hand, there has never been any opportunities here. I keep saying my generation will make a change, but a couple of the people that placed the add in the paper are my age. I guess that there will alwYs be them people that will try to keep anything from coming into this county thay would generate revenue and tax dollars. More jobs is what this county needs more than anything. I dont understand why we cant try to get an industry here that would be profitable and create lots of jobs. It saddens me to see how people are acting over the distillery. Everyone knows that the distillery camt sell alchohol to the county, espwcially the kids. Thats why we are laughrd at outside of this county, because most people are to ignorant to realize a good thing when they see it. we have to drive a lot of miles daily as it is to get to work. This would be a big boost in our economy.
Yess

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Mar 17, 2012
Whatever it takes to bring in the jobs bring it!Why let another county or state keep getting the new jobs and we keep getting passed by?Because theres always someone that is against the one thing that can help our community.
County Res

Shepherdsville, KY

#15 Mar 17, 2012
100% For!!!!!!!!!!
We need Jobs in Edmonson County. Any thing good for Edmonson County the jobless, don't want here. They might have to get off there ass and work for a
living. They would rather live off the rest of us that bust our *ss everyday working for a living.
So leave this guy alone and let him try to help himself and our county...
fyi

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Mar 18, 2012
would not hurt my feeling if county went wet.look at all the gas you would save by not driving to bowling green
National Nazi

Clarkson, KY

#17 Mar 20, 2012
wait, didn't jesus turn water into wine? so wasn't he the first distiller??
Oh Come On

Glasgow, KY

#18 Mar 20, 2012
Sweeden Resident wrote:
If this were a town hall meeting I'd throw a bag of popcorn at your head. Really? That's all you cold come up with? Why don't you just say you are religiously opposed, because that would sound more credible than the crap you pulled out of your ass.
Oh Come On

Glasgow, KY

#19 Mar 20, 2012
Facts wrote:
Old Kyrock road is a county road. paid for by the county. The state road is 259 not old Kyrock road.
Regardless, we still pay the taxes either way that go toward state roads.
I live in edmonson county because I don't want to live near things like distilleries.
I personally don't want to constantly smell alcohol, live near alcohol being made, or have jobs associated with the making of alcohol.
Well you just go dig a hole and pray for the return of Jesus while Edmonson County joins the land of the living. Moron. Nobody cares what you want, your feelings are ignorant and ridiculous. Join the Amish if you are that insane.
EC SS

Williamstown, KY

#20 Mar 20, 2012
The fire dept's aren't equip,t to handle a gas fire such as a gas station, because if you put water on a gas ire it spreads . But there are plenty of those around .
Why the hell are you worried about this any ways when Kids are selling meth in school .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonfire 5 min Just wondering 7
WKU a sanctuary campus? 8 min Bombardier 8
Bando 51 min Mmeredith12 5
Live PD (Podunk) Sat Move 5
Constables And KY House bill 160, 2017 Feb 17 Someone 2
Sam Hennion Feb 17 Jason 8
who drives the yellow mustang? Feb 16 sammy 1

Brownsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance