Sotomayor nomination: Letters for May 29

Sotomayor nomination: Letters for May 29

There are 3 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 28, 2009, titled Sotomayor nomination: Letters for May 29. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

My parents also came to New York City from Puerto Rico. I lived in a housing project in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Bad Risk

Temecula, CA

#1 May 29, 2009
Thank you Harry Nieves and Jill Torres for your letters to the editor of the L.A. Daily Rag. Two different subjects, yet both address a conservative view that I too as a Republican agree with.

Vic Picou, the founding fathers of this nation and the signers of the Constitution did define our Laws and the Constitution on the laws of God. Most of those signing were Christian themselves and those that weren't supported the same principles. If what you say,("If they also want a blessing or a ceremony, that should be strictly a personal action having no connection to the government."), then why is Prop 8 being taken up by those who oppose it, before the courts, of which are established by this government?
Sal Lundt

Los Angeles, CA

#2 May 29, 2009
Mr. Nieves, your comments may have held some weight until you intentionally misnamed the DEMOCRATIC party by calling it the Democrat party. This is nothing but a veiled insult the far right likes to use when they have no real intelligent comment, or criticism to make.

Ms. Torres, you are wrong. Most so-called Christians do indeed back torture. You can call it "preventing attacks" all you want, but it is still torture, and it is still illegal. What is more ironic is that "Christians" that support these policies seem to have quickly forgotten how their namesake died; torture and execution. So, just who's example are you following?
Tina McDermott

United States

#3 May 30, 2009
I found it ironic and quite disturbing that Pastor Rodriguez states that he wants a Supreme Court justice to restrict women's rights to control their pregnancies, limit who can and cannot be legally married, and -- in the same breath -- keep government out of people's lives!

It is amazing how some people can spew such contradictory logic without any idea of what they are saying.

Tina McDermott

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brownsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Double Down Sun mothballs r okay 7
News Thompson to read to Vallejo children at JFK Lib... Jul 20 RV Lou 1
Does anyone Know Rosanna Robinson? Jul 17 Jessica Rabbit 2
News Two juveniles arraigned in the Millerberg beati... (Mar '06) Jul 15 Alyssa 8
News Palo Alto: Zero net energy house being assemble... Jul 10 Solarman 1
News Father's House caught in financial pinch (Nov '08) Jul 4 Paul Libby 32
News Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Jun 29 TWP lost her mind 19

Brownsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brownsville Mortgages