The Buzz

Dec 13, 2012 Full story: The Daily Advertiser 75

The of the Louisiana Department of Education's new program goal is to make sure that all children, including those living in poverty, are ready to learn when they enter kindergarten.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
more tax dollars wasted

Abbeville, LA

#1 Dec 30, 2012
more tax dollars wasted on these that should be taught that at home by age 3 should you not be spending this money on O C S to take these kids out of these homes they are not taught 123 red white and blue. Or on Health Care
Carl Frye

Winnfield, LA

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Our educational system,judicial system,and other entities need reformed by putting people in positions that desire to teach children,teens,and help adults finish their education there would be less of a drop out rate in teens,and more educated adults to get better jobs.OCS abuses their authority by takeing children away who don't deserve to be taken away.they need to concentrate on the ones that suffer emotionally because of bad parenting.Teachers need to quit lying,cheating,and stealing from the students they teach.those that choose to do that may get away with it for a while,but eventually everything hidden will be revealed,and everything secret will be told.For years tax dollars are waisted on things that the USA didin't need,and if these school shootings and bullying don't stop parents are going to start home schooling thus schools will lose their financial support,and teachers will start losing their jobs.I pray some of the people in this world would learn how to conserve,budget,scedual,and manage their lives,and their spiritual lives.God,please help make our world a better place by getting God put back in schools,and everywhere that took God out of in jesus name I pray amen.!
actually

Coushatta, LA

#3 Dec 30, 2012
the only God you want back in school, is YOUR God. I dare say, you wouldn't be very happy if everyone's God was allowed in schools... personally, I believe it's a parent's job to raise their children in faith, not a PUBLIC school's job. If religion is allowed back in schools, then teachers can shove their own personal beliefs down children's throats, and I have a feeling that would cause a whole lot of problems, considering not everyone believes the same thing. Just in the Christian religion, there are so many branches because of this very reason. If we all believed the same, there would only be one Christian religion. For example, would it be okay if your child or grandchild's teacher was a Muslim and his/her religion was how the classroom was run? Of course not. When you say you want God back in school, you mean, like I said above, that you want YOUR God allowed back in there.

I would like to point out that the all loving, all knowing God I believe in, never left schools. I don't believe that children/adults who believe, ever check their God at the school's doors. We all carry God in our hearts and souls. I'm sure their is plenty of praying going on before testing, team sports, etc. It's not even illegal to pray at school as long as it's student led, and not adult led. Continue to raise YOUR child in the religion YOU believe, let the rest of us do the same, and let our teachers concentrate on what they are truly there for, which is not to spiritually guide other people's children.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 30, 2012
actually wrote:
the only God you want back in school, is YOUR God. I dare say, you wouldn't be very happy if everyone's God was allowed in schools... personally, I believe it's a parent's job to raise their children in faith, not a PUBLIC school's job. If religion is allowed back in schools, then teachers can shove their own personal beliefs down children's throats, and I have a feeling that would cause a whole lot of problems, considering not everyone believes the same thing. Just in the Christian religion, there are so many branches because of this very reason. If we all believed the same, there would only be one Christian religion. For example, would it be okay if your child or grandchild's teacher was a Muslim and his/her religion was how the classroom was run? Of course not. When you say you want God back in school, you mean, like I said above, that you want YOUR God allowed back in there.
I would like to point out that the all loving, all knowing God I believe in, never left schools. I don't believe that children/adults who believe, ever check their God at the school's doors. We all carry God in our hearts and souls. I'm sure their is plenty of praying going on before testing, team sports, etc. It's not even illegal to pray at school as long as it's student led, and not adult led. Continue to raise YOUR child in the religion YOU believe, let the rest of us do the same, and let our teachers concentrate on what they are truly there for, which is not to spiritually guide other people's children.
Wow! I've been reading Topix nation wide today. I must say this is the most intelligent post I've read all day. Thank you for your insight!
MrsCuldesac

United States

#5 Dec 30, 2012
I never thought of it actually that way, but it is so true! Very correct!
parents job not tax payer

Abbeville, LA

#6 Dec 30, 2012
the only God you want back in school, is YOUR God. I dare say, you wouldn't be very happy if everyone's God was allowed in schools... personally, I believe it's a parent's job to raise their children in faith, not a PUBLIC school's job. I was with you till you judged a Teacher for being Muslim, could well be a Teacher is White or Black or sum other Race as you say then teachers can shove their own personal beliefs down children's throats, Back to Topix, they have Preschools all ready teaching 123 and colors most have not been taught at home but we pay for these Teachers to teach them. Most Teachers cheat any way. Yes our Educational System needs reformed, STOP this LEAP an get back to Teaching Reading Writing and Arithmetic,cursive writing has been taken away What next the AMERICAN FLAG
MrsCuldesac

United States

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Mt. Carmel is teaching cursive this month, 2nd graders!
HUH

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2012
I am proud to say I'm a teacher with more than 20 years experience. I have always worked my butt off to help my kids learn as much as they can, as well as enjoy being in my class. I have never, ever lied, cheated, or stolen anything from my students, and I truly resent your statements as such. I'll not get into a pissing match with you, because I know YOU would never be able to do what I do every day of my life, and you would never be able to accomplish what I do. When society fixes itself and goes back to morality and stable home lives, you'll see improvement in all parts of our lives, including schools. I am so sick of people putting all the blame on us, mostly because you really have NO CLUE about what really goes on. That's because most people are unwilling to do my job. But that's okay... I'll keep on doing what I do, because I know my kids are learning and growing. People need to look at their own part in what they're doing to the children of our country. Fix yourself, fix your family, fix your community, and you'll fix schools. Good night!
Carl Frye

Winnfield, LA

#9 Dec 30, 2012
ok HUH here is a muliple choice question:
If you had a student that was mildly dyslexic,and he or she had a very difficult time in math.what would you do to help that student to get a GED or high school diploma.?
A: tutor him or her in the subject of math
B: Give him or her the CAT test,and hope they pass
C: tell the student that maybe they dont need a diploma
D:don't waist your time on them because they will never have a chance to graduate.
Example: a mild dyslexic adult goes to a adult education class to take the CAT test to determine what he or she is strong in or weak in.They take the test.it takes about 4 to 6 hours,and then after the test was took the student brought the test back to you and you started grading it.The student done the best they could,and was anxious to see the results.the teacher looked at the results,and told the student"Your scores are not high enough to take a GED"The adult student just stood there and cried,and then the teacher said the most awefulest thing"Maybe God doesint want you to have a GED"what that teacher said effected that person so bad that person just gave up trying.Tell me who is at fault.Example 2 an adult student goes to an adult education class and takes the CAT,and the teacher purposely scores the test wrongly because the teacher despises the adult student for no reason.who again is at fault.?Im not saying all teachers are bad,there are some really smart,and compassionate teachers in this world.If you are a good teacher like you say you are,and dont lie,cheat,or steal from your students then you are the best teacher those student ever had and they will remember you for your help that you gave them.I admire you.Thank god for teachers that care enough to see their students succeed.I had one teacher in school that saw potential in me,and she tried so hard to help me.I have have been lied to,and cheated by so many teachers everytime I ever took a test to get my GED.I wanted so much to graduate.I had one more year to go,but I dropped out because I could not get over the death of my mother.Well here I am an adult,and still getting lied to and cheated.So I just rely on God to supply my needs,live the best life I can.I dont let what people say or do bother me because I know that God is there in time of need.I dont claim to be smart,educated,but I do have a spiritual education imbedded inside the tablet of my heart,and the holy spirit teaches me everything I need to know.Maybe one day God will open a door for me to get my GED,and walk down the isle in cap and gown with my fellow students,and recieve my diploma.If not thats ok.God's grace is sufficient for his power is made great in weakness.I may not punctuate correctly,or spell perfect like other people,but in my heart,my souls,and my spirit I have a teacher within me that teaches me right from wrong,left from right,and it don't matter to him if I forget to punctuate or spell correctly because its the the meaning of what is written that matters more to him.I do not care who says what about anything.God loves me,my family loves me,and I have friends that care about me.when you have god in your life what else matters.?Im happy and content with what I have now,and I give god all the praise honor and glory.To the people on topix Im just a joke,but to god I am his child,and he will never leave me or forsake me.thats something that knowone in this world can ever cheat me out of.!
MrsCuldesac

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 31, 2012
Okay, Happy New Year, I believe you... God does love everyone! Lol lighten up, it'll be ok ... This is just Topix anyways!!!
Howe Dee

Abbeville, LA

#11 Dec 31, 2012
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! I've been reading Topix nation wide today. I must say this is the most intelligent post I've read all day. Thank you for your insight!
Congrats to you for finding that not all Topix forums have drama kings and drama queens who highjack every topic. I, too, have read nation wide forums as well as some other La city forums and find there IS intelligent life forms out there with whom one can communicate.
laughinggggggggg ggggggggg

Abbeville, LA

#12 Dec 31, 2012
howe you must go back a few years here see that you might be typing out of not knowing the chit from the drama queens who hi jack post you missed notfadeaway as one
Seeker

Abbeville, LA

#13 Dec 31, 2012
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! I've been reading Topix nation wide today. I must say this is the most intelligent post I've read all day. Thank you for your insight!
Whoever judged her post has to have a negative agenda. How can anyone say or write that they think she's clueless for expressing that there's intelligence (easily recognized when you read the post) behind what's expressed, especially b/c the subject being addressed is not only a delicate subject, but it's a lightning rod for controversy. There's no denying that it was well thought out and to say otherwise, is really short-sighted.
BeenThereDoneTha t

Lafayette, LA

#14 Dec 31, 2012
ok HUH here is a muliple choice question:
If you had a student that was mildly dyslexic,and he or she had a very difficult time in math.what would you do to help that student to get a GED or high school diploma.?
pfft.. Vermilion Parish IEP's answer is give them a calculator!
Seeker

Abbeville, LA

#15 Dec 31, 2012

SEEKER.......

[[[[[[[sniffing the air]]]]]]]

....and smells a very familiar stalker lurking. It's trying its best to operate in the shadows, beneath anyone's radar, but the familiarity exists in too many area's and gives it away. Take a look at the sentence structures, who gets attacked, and the "judging" that takes place (just to point out a few).
There's only one person that I know of who will go through that amount of time and effort to address such petty things, and do so in such a consistently negative way. Once you recognize the patterns, it becomes fairly transparent.

Seeker

Abbeville, LA

#16 Dec 31, 2012
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Okay, Happy New Year, I believe you... God does love everyone! Lol lighten up, it'll be ok ... This is just Topix anyways!!!
Great, pratcial advice....Don't mistake her post as an attack. If you'd like to come here to express yourself, just know ahead of time that morons exist among us and they're always looking to bait a hook to get a reaction. ROLL WITH IT and you'll be fine. There are also many who can have a serious conversation about serious issues. Just saying that you have differentiate between the moronic and the mature, then proceed with the conversation accordingly. Happyyyyyy New Year

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#17 Dec 31, 2012
All us old topix posters know the judging icons mean squat. Lol We also know who burns the midnight oil making meaningless judgements. Lol There is no rath like a woman scorned! Lmao!
YES YOU KNOW IT

Abbeville, LA

#20 Jan 1, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
All us old topix posters know the judging icons mean squat. Lol We also know who burns the midnight oil making meaningless judgements. Lol There is no rath like a woman scorned! Lmao!
LOL LOL SALTY PETER DID IT LOL
MrsCuldesac

Conroe, TX

#21 Jan 1, 2013
Yawn,,, gosh that was along night! Happy new Year...
misscellanous

Abbeville, LA

#22 Jan 1, 2013
actually wrote:
the only God you want back in school, is YOUR God. I dare say, you wouldn't be very happy if everyone's God was allowed in schools... personally, I believe it's a parent's job to raise their children in faith, not a PUBLIC school's job. If religion is allowed back in schools, then teachers can shove their own personal beliefs down children's throats, and I have a feeling that would cause a whole lot of problems, considering not everyone believes the same thing. Just in the Christian religion, there are so many branches because of this very reason. If we all believed the same, there would only be one Christian religion. For example, would it be okay if your child or grandchild's teacher was a Muslim and his/her religion was how the classroom was run? Of course not. When you say you want God back in school, you mean, like I said above, that you want YOUR God allowed back in there.
I would like to point out that the all loving, all knowing God I believe in, never left schools. I don't believe that children/adults who believe, ever check their God at the school's doors. We all carry God in our hearts and souls. I'm sure their is plenty of praying going on before testing, team sports, etc. It's not even illegal to pray at school as long as it's student led, and not adult led. Continue to raise YOUR child in the religion YOU believe, let the rest of us do the same, and let our teachers concentrate on what they are truly there for, which is not to spiritually guide other people's children.
One of the most intelligent post on topix since it's beginning!! To bad the likes of Mrs.Culdesac, Fred, Dawn, and the other fools that post here will find this uninteresting. It's not asinine enough for the likes of those idiots....just saying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broussard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watch out Lafayette!! 20 hr hahahahah 1
sex 20 hr cocaine 1
Townsend Recovery Sucks (Feb '11) Thu Lillorena504 25
Ghost hunters search for spirits in Eunice (Nov '09) Dec 17 Wondering 20
Trailer park off Soop Rd Dec 17 Nikki 8
Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Sep '10) Dec 16 Get your Game on 237
Man arrested for murder of Judy Landry accused ... Dec 11 Bike 1
Broussard Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Broussard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Broussard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Broussard

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:10 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:10PM
DeAndre Hopkins questionable after sitting out third straight practice
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
Junior Galette not on injury report, but expects limited role on Sunday
NBC Sports 4:14 PM
Ryan Mallett wants to be the Texans' QB next season
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons