Boy, 6, Tries to Drive to Applebees -

Boy, 6, Tries to Drive to Applebees -

There are 149 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 9, 2007, titled Boy, 6, Tries to Drive to Applebees -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 6-year-old boy was hungry and decided he'd go to Applebees. So he grabbed the car keys, took his booster seat from the back seat of his grandmother's car and placed it in the driver's seat, then made a go of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Beer Boy

Calgary, Canada

#1 Oct 9, 2007
That’s strange. Usually the PC press makes a point of telling us whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.

Since: Sep 07

Florida

#2 Oct 10, 2007
This little boy was on a serious mission to get to Applebees? LOL! Was he going to put his booster chair on the bar stool and have a beer and appetizers at happy hour?

Since: Oct 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Oct 10, 2007
Hey Eating good in the Neighborhood indeed

Applebees putting crack in their food?

When i was 6 i wanted ice cream not applebees
POOR KID

Turkey

#4 Oct 10, 2007
He was just trying to get himself a kids chicken finger meal.

Coxsackie, NY

#5 Oct 10, 2007
Beer Boy wrote:
That’s strange. Usually the PC press makes a point of telling us whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.
Also if it was an suv. They're evil and often the cause of problems.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#6 Oct 10, 2007
Applebees??

A six year old???

I figured him for a Pizza Hut.
Spit Zer

Jamaica, NY

#7 Oct 10, 2007
Let hinm drive. Give him a license!!

Florida

#8 Oct 10, 2007
Spit Zer wrote:
Let hinm drive. Give him a license!!
Yeah, he'd probably fit in just fine as a New York cabbie.....lol.
Segway Dealer

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2007
If we got rid of all cars, this wouldn't happen.
TCB

Aiken, SC

#10 Oct 10, 2007
"I have five children of my own, so I know you cannot watch them every minute they're awake,"

True, but you can sure hide the car keys.
I guess it could have been worse.
rrrjjj

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Oct 10, 2007
i have a small limo company.maybe his mom can call me , i need more drivers.asap
NIMBY Island

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2007
Lucky he never got there and tried to drive home after washing down the Kids Meal with a few mega-drafts.
LES

Ft Mitchell, KY

#13 Oct 10, 2007
opistoglyph wrote:
<quoted text>Also if it was an suv. They're evil and often the cause of problems.
One thing about the so-called "PC" press. They allow fools into their forums.

Florida

#14 Oct 10, 2007
Segway Dealer wrote:
Surely, you jest. It has nothing to do with cars.
Mary

Goderich, Canada

#16 Oct 10, 2007
You have to admit a child has no limits in what they can or think they can accomplish.
They, unlike Adults, are willing to try any new feat. With no fear of not being able to succeed at
whatever goal they had in mind. maybe we should be more like children. We expect them to act like adults. Mixed up world, isn't it?
I'm just glad he wasn't injured. Putting the keys in a safe place would be a novel idea.

Coxsackie, NY

#17 Oct 10, 2007
LES wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about the so-called "PC" press. They allow fools into their forums.
'Twas a joke, and a long term observation of press tendencies. My favorite: "The Suv slammed against the pole sideways, trapping the driver in the vehicle." Like the driver had nothing to do with the accident, but the suv was sentient and had evil intentions.
BTW: Not claiming I'm not a fool:^)
Drew2

Trenton, NJ

#18 Oct 10, 2007
OMG! I know that this isn't funny, but it is FUNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I can't even IMAGINE! My son is 16 and he wouldn't DREAM of touching my car keys and trying to drive my car.
KenSirhan619

Auburn Hills, MI

#19 Oct 10, 2007
opistoglyph wrote:
<quoted text>Also if it was an suv. They're evil and often the cause of problems.
Just last night was a segment of Really Reckless Drivers in which a 5-year-old little boy last year HAD gotten hold of mommy's SUV and eased on down the road some before he was pulled over - without crashing into anything/body! Wasn't mentioned if he'd had a craving for that vomitable Chuck E. Cheese, but that he managed to pilot a larger vehicle than his contemporary [and for greater distance] without mishap is, as Spock said, "extremely interesting." Wonder what that migth portend about their future success in life? Given the current state of American political affairs, I volunteer the Applebee's kid might one day ascend to the presidency!
TGIF

Ludlow, MA

#20 Oct 10, 2007
can do attitude will be stiffled soon enough. Little young to be an advertising operative.

“non compos mentis”

Since: Aug 07

New Haven, CT

#21 Oct 10, 2007
Segway Dealer wrote:
And I suppose you drive a Segway to Home Depot to pick up lumber?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) 12 hr BigSis 1,115
Review: RFI Ingridients Jun 23 Info 2
#Legit #pain n #anxiety meds Jun 19 Jones 2
News Federal housing in Colorado remains off-limits ... (Jan '14) Jun 14 phinneas j whoopie 3
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... Jun 9 three letters 1
News Northglenn Officer Shot While Serving Search Wa... May '15 dminor 1
News Brush Family Dentistry offers welcoming environ... (Dec '13) May '15 KsJohn 6
More from around the web

Broomfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Broomfield Mortgages