Six-Year-Old Takes Car on a Joyride t...

Six-Year-Old Takes Car on a Joyride to Applebee's

There are 41 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 9, 2007, titled Six-Year-Old Takes Car on a Joyride to Applebee's. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

BROOMFIELD, CO - A hungry six-year-old got himself into a jam Tuesday morning when he decided to take his grandmother's car for a drive to Applebee's. Broomfield Police received the call of a hit and run ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rambling Man

Summerville, SC

#1 Oct 9, 2007
I hear Chuckie-Cheese was the 1st choice, but it was closed.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#2 Oct 9, 2007
Man, applebee's got some free advertisement out of this story.
SCgirl

Swansea, SC

#3 Oct 9, 2007
Somebody needs to get off their lazy butts and feed the child!!!
deep

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2007
LOL can somone say spank that little *ss....

Since: Oct 07

Lexington, SC

#5 Oct 9, 2007
The food there aint that good.
Eric

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 9, 2007
Glad he didn't injure himself or anyone else. As a parent, I wouldn't know whether to beat his a** for his actions or prep that boy for something great, because he's obvisouly very perceptive and smart.

"Eastbound & Down"

#7 Oct 9, 2007
Eric wrote:
Glad he didn't injure himself or anyone else. As a parent, I wouldn't know whether to beat his a** for his actions or prep that boy for something great, because he's obvisouly very perceptive and smart.
Not to bright. He backed into a telephone pole and he wanted to go to applebee's.

"Eastbound & Down"

#8 Oct 9, 2007
Now why did that post twice
Mama

Lexington, SC

#9 Oct 9, 2007
What is this world coming to? My daughter is that age and she knows not to play in the driver's seat or try to operate a vehicle. My only question is... Who is the adult and who is the child? Thank God the child was not injured.

What tickled me was the fact that the child removed the car seat from the rear of the car and placed it in the driver's seat.
My Two Cents

United States

#10 Oct 9, 2007
Granny, I'm gone...the baby yelled...apparently granny thought the child said Granny, I'm home.
This is unbelievable. Was granny not anywhere to be found all of this time. This is child neglect it seems. This had to have taken at least five minutes. Unless granny wears a hearing aid and it was not up to full volume, she should be charged with something. This is outrageous. Thank God the child was not hurt.
sc guitar slinger

Columbia, SC

#11 Oct 10, 2007
y'all need to cut granny some slack, i'v said it befor here and i'll say it again... a young boy near any machanical divice will be deliriuos with curiousity.
sc guitar slinger

Columbia, SC

#12 Oct 10, 2007
ok, i need to check my spelling
browneyes

Columbia, SC

#13 Oct 10, 2007
Granny needs to stop taking cat naps. You don't leave a child of 6 unattended.
have mercy

Camden, SC

#14 Oct 10, 2007
That brat needs his ass whipped!
have mercy

Camden, SC

#15 Oct 10, 2007
My Two Cents wrote:
Granny, I'm gone...the baby yelled...apparently granny thought the child said Granny, I'm home.
This is unbelievable. Was granny not anywhere to be found all of this time. This is child neglect it seems. This had to have taken at least five minutes. Unless granny wears a hearing aid and it was not up to full volume, she should be charged with something. This is outrageous. Thank God the child was not hurt.
Oh come on, cut the grandmother some slack. You don't know what she was doing when the brat did this. She could have been in the bathroom doing her business. That's when my 4-year-old gets into her mischief! I have started making her sit on the bed in my bedroom when I am in the bathroom and I NEVER take a shower unless someone is home to keep an eye on her because the first time I did that, she managed to get a cap off a bottle of chewable children's Tylenol and eat the whole bottle. Some kids are just brats. But that doesn't mean you don't spank their asses when they don't behave. They eventually will learn that it isn't worth the spanking to misbehave.
chris

Newberry, SC

#16 Oct 10, 2007
bandit_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to bright. He backed into a telephone pole and he wanted to go to applebee's.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
JDidGirl

Columbia, SC

#17 Oct 10, 2007
You know... everyone wants to say that the Grandmother wasn't paying close enough attention... and that may be very true... but no parent out there can honestly say that they watch their children every second of the day. From the information given in this news article we do not know if the child was supposed to be in a fenced in yard playing or what the situation was and if, just maybe, the Grandmother turned her back for a moment and this happened. Stll... that kid should have his hide tanned very well for a stunt like that... maybe that will teach him not to do something like this again. I'm sure that some people think that this is "cute" and "oooh" and "ahhhh" because it was a small child that just wanted to go have lunch. Well, small children grow up to be adults and if they aren't taught early then something like this could turn into something much worse. Put the fear of God in him... always worked in my family.
Resourceful Child

Columbia, SC

#18 Oct 10, 2007
Mama wrote:
What is this world coming to? My daughter is that age and she knows not to play in the driver's seat or try to operate a vehicle. My only question is... Who is the adult and who is the child? Thank God the child was not injured.
What tickled me was the fact that the child removed the car seat from the rear of the car and placed it in the driver's seat.
Yes, that is pretty resourceful. If this story is accurate, this is a very precocious child. I am amazed at how many people are quick to post ugly comments about "where are the parents?", "my child is taught not to do this (or that), etc. Have none of you ever had a child to do something unexpected, silly, stupid, dangerous, against your "rules"?????? Believe me, it happens, people. It happens to "so called good parents" too. Can you HONESTLY say that at NO time in your life have you or perhaps one of your children not done something stupid, silly, dangerous, "against the rules"? Remember - for every finger you point at someone, there are three pointing back at you.
Agree

Columbia, SC

#19 Oct 10, 2007
have mercy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, cut the grandmother some slack. You don't know what she was doing when the brat did this. She could have been in the bathroom doing her business. That's when my 4-year-old gets into her mischief! I have started making her sit on the bed in my bedroom when I am in the bathroom and I NEVER take a shower unless someone is home to keep an eye on her because the first time I did that, she managed to get a cap off a bottle of chewable children's Tylenol and eat the whole bottle. Some kids are just brats. But that doesn't mean you don't spank their asses when they don't behave. They eventually will learn that it isn't worth the spanking to misbehave.
Agree.

Since: Oct 07

Lexington, SC

#20 Oct 10, 2007
JDidGirl wrote:
You know... everyone wants to say that the Grandmother wasn't paying close enough attention... and that may be very true... but no parent out there can honestly say that they watch their children every second of the day. From the information given in this news article we do not know if the child was supposed to be in a fenced in yard playing or what the situation was and if, just maybe, the Grandmother turned her back for a moment and this happened. Stll... that kid should have his hide tanned very well for a stunt like that... maybe that will teach him not to do something like this again. I'm sure that some people think that this is "cute" and "oooh" and "ahhhh" because it was a small child that just wanted to go have lunch. Well, small children grow up to be adults and if they aren't taught early then something like this could turn into something much worse. Put the fear of God in him... always worked in my family.
very well said.. totally agree! There are so many that say they NEVER let their child out of their sight..(whatever!) Just glad noone got seriously hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ridge Home Information (Dec '06) Thu psych tech 66
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... (Jul '15) Sep 12 UNCHAINED DOCTOR 3,300
Illinois Transplants Aug '17 Native4Life 1
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Jun '17 Dad 1,142
News Former NASCAR driver files wrongful arrest laws... Jun '17 JSYK 1
News Local Best Buy employees try to catch shoplifte... (Aug '09) Apr '17 Microtheftcenter 64
News Man fatally stabs pit bull to stop dog fight (Aug '07) Feb '17 Juliette 516

Broomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broomfield Mortgages