Broomfield teacher accused of sending inappropriate texts to st...

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

BROOMFIELD, Colo. - A Broomfield High School psychology teacher and star wrestling coach is under investigation after being accused of sending inappropriate text messages to underage female students.
Comments
21 - 40 of 54 Comments Last updated May 14, 2010
MyOpinion104

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Another example of our education system going down the toilet. Our kids are not safe! It's sad but true.
annoyed

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

pityonu wrote:
Masse it sounds like a bad move on your part....but the "18" year old is complaining about inappropriate.... his ex- is 16???
sounds like this "kid" has some issues too...maybe couldn't make weight?? or just jealous... The "kid" is well on his way to follow Masse's footsteps....
Give me a break he just turned 18 and she is about to turn 17, it's not like he's 32 and sexting a girl half his age. Oh and for your information he did make weight, but opted to quit when all this came to light. He did not want to be associated with a coach that was doing inappropriate things. Maybe you should judge yourself and not others!!!!!
wow

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Next step...Coach comes out of the closet. He's just upset that he doesn't get to put on spandex anymore and roll around on the floor sweating all over another dude.
Matt Gordon MD

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Wonder if his mobile was left unattended and some clever student sent the pics and messages?
Maro

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Castrate him!
SMR

Fort Lupton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

Its real funny how everyone tries to make these "Alleged Teachers" look like the bad person in these situations, but honestly we should
be pointing fingures at theses teens. Why would you give your teacher you cell # in the first place? And secondly the student is probaly given these teachers the wrong signs weather it is sexually or not.
So i say stop acussing teachers until the full story comes out. It is wrong that a person placed in the care of those student so do that, but its also wrong for a student to let it even get to the point. Especally with the way these teenage girls are running around putting themself out there!!!
Kansan

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Tall Drink Of Water wrote:
I dont know WHO you're kidding , but this kinda stuff happens all the time. Is it right ? Probably not...but SEX is a part of living. I dont know why anyone expects a teacher to be perfect. Or a priest, or you strange Uncle....
The best thing you can do is educate your children so they UNDERSTAND how to say NO. With education they might never even be approached.
Yes, sex is part of our human make-up and it's fun too. But, it is a crime for ANYONE 18 and older to engage in sex, even consensual, with someone 17 and younger. I don't expect people to be perfect, but when you have authority over others, you CAN'T use that authority in a deviant manner. It really has nothing to do with teaching kids to say "no". These girls didn't actually have sex with him, he was just being a predator by sending sexually explicit text msgs to these girls. I say let him go. Let the father's of these girls mete out his punishment.
Kansan

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Angel Wings wrote:
This sexual predator in a postion of authority is really out of control and obviously could care less if he was found out since high school kids especially the girls can't keep a secret. With todays cell phone capabilities(evidence) he was just asking to get caught.
The fathers of these girls need to get together and teach the teacher a lifes lesson he will never forget!
They are coming out of the woodwork like termites!
And what makes this really sick is the fact that female teachers are doing this more and more too. My son, 18 yo, told me when he was 16, that he had sex with a woman of 36. I let him know right then and there that if I ever meet "Cheyenne", I phuckin' her up on sight. Yeah, I could have called the cops, but I'd rather take care of this myself. But maybe he had been a girl, I would have called the cops. I know it's a double standard, but that's the way i feel, sorry.
CubanoUno

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

Maro wrote:
Castrate him!
Don't kid yourself.where do yo think all your Rocky Mountain Oysters come from Bulls ??
annoyed

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

SMR wrote:
Its real funny how everyone tries to make these "Alleged Teachers" look like the bad person in these situations, but honestly we should
be pointing fingures at theses teens. Why would you give your teacher you cell # in the first place? And secondly the student is probaly given these teachers the wrong signs weather it is sexually or not.
So i say stop acussing teachers until the full story comes out. It is wrong that a person placed in the care of those student so do that, but its also wrong for a student to let it even get to the point. Especally with the way these teenage girls are running around putting themself out there!!!
You have to be kidding me. Why would we put the blame on the children, the adult should know better. If you knew the whole story you would not be defending this pervert. By the way there is more than just one girl involved there are many!!!
Former Broomfielder

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

It is highly unfortunate to hear this about coach masse. I understand the seriousness of the allegations but there are always two sides to a story. He was always very kind and personable, as well as easy to get along with. Is it weird to anyone that he was able to obtain the young ladies' numbers? Seems like the little girls bit off more than they could chew. I'm not saying responding was right, but has anyone looked into the phones of the ladies making these accusations? He was never the aggressive type so for me to believe he is completely at fault, well, i can't believe it. It was instigated and reciprocated by the young ladies for the most part, i'm sure. I worked closely with him in my broomfield high days and he was never inappropriate. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family, as well as the wrestling organization (Coach Schmidt).
Former Broomfielder

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

wow wrote:
Next step...Coach comes out of the closet. He's just upset that he doesn't get to put on spandex anymore and roll around on the floor sweating all over another dude.
How extremely disrespectful and ignorant! Is that what wrestling is to u! Get a clue
wow

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Former Broomfielder wrote:
<quoted text> How extremely disrespectful and ignorant! Is that what wrestling is to u! Get a clue
You must be a wrestler?
DAS00

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Big tough wrestling coach wrote:
Wow! I had heard about this last fall and have been waiting for it to hit the news. This guy is as low as they come. Look at him. All five foot one of the little weasel. What a Billy Bad **** preying on naive little girls. I hope you get the book thrown at you you miserable piece of human waste. If I were the dad of one of these girls, I would have made the news before your punk **** for making you eat your own testicles. Have fun in prison loser. Oh, hope you'll enjoy having some other guy raise you kid. Rich in-laws can't protect you from everything. Peace!
Wow is right! We get it, you don't agree with the situation, I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who does agree with what happened. But there is no need to comment on his child being raised by someone else and his rich in-laws not being able to bail him out...I think it's pathetic that you find comfort in bringing his family in to your pathetic comment. They are victims just the like the rest of the people involved. They have lost just as much if not more. Don't bring another innocent child into this. And if you were the dad of one of these girls I would feel just as bad for your daughters as I do for the girls involved in this issue. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. It is clear to me that there is a lack of strong parenting when a young girl feels it is ok to engage in this sort of behavior with an older man. Clearly there is more to this story then Fox is reporting and they obviously don't have all of their facts straight just as you don't. Broomfield parents were notified and action was taken immediately. Sorry Fox News and Mr "Big Tough Wrestling Guy" we didn't let you in on something that was deeply personal to the community when we first found out. Peace.
Eagle Parent

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

I am a parent of a student at Broomfield High School and we were notified that there were allegations brought up back in October. At that point in time they did not release the name of the persons who was involved. this is a copy of the letter which we received back in October:

"Dear Broomfield High Community,

Many of you have heard rumors about an investigation involving a member of the Broomfield High School staff. I cannot comment on those rumors except to say that a matter has been referred to the Broomfield Police Department for their review and follow up. Neither the Boulder Valley School District nor my office can comment on specific personnel matters.

As a regular practice, the school district uses paid administrative leave to remove individual staff members from a situation while it is being investigated to ensure the integrity of that investigation. Paid administrative leave is not a form of disciplinary action by the district or BRHS. The use of paid administrative leave does not mean that any conclusions have been drawn about an employee’s conduct.

Because we are all members of this school community, I am urging every one of us not to engage in the spreading of rumors. I can only confirm that no conclusions of any investigation have been reported to school district administration or to me.

The physical and emotional well being of each student, teacher, staff member and volunteer in our school community is always my primary concern. I assure you that any investigation conducted regarding our community is done with this concern as our top priority."

As you can see the school has been doing its part in letting us as parents know what has been going on.

Please if you are going to report on something, have the facts straight. The administration has done everything to keep us in the loop.
molldoll

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

what are these students giving their numbers to a teacher/wrestling coach ANYWAY???? lil mutants...GO TO YOUR ROOM!!
Sarah

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

wow as a student at broomfield high this is old news.
I agree with Ian and Katie. Fox is way behind and their information is wrong. So before posting another story about this please get you information right. This happens all the time. And who cares the 18 year old just turned 18 like 2 weeks ago. and she is almost 17. and they arent even together! this whole this is old news and has now been blown out of porportion.
JENN JENN

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

This is disgusting.I know masse. I can't believe this shit happened.
JENN JENN

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Matt Gordon MD wrote:
Wonder if his mobile was left unattended and some clever student sent the pics and messages?
Noppeeee he's ACTUALLY had sex with some of these ladies.
JENN JENN

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Kansan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sex is part of our human make-up and it's fun too. But, it is a crime for ANYONE 18 and older to engage in sex, even consensual, with someone 17 and younger. I don't expect people to be perfect, but when you have authority over others, you CAN'T use that authority in a deviant manner. It really has nothing to do with teaching kids to say "no". These girls didn't actually have sex with him, he was just being a predator by sending sexually explicit text msgs to these girls. I say let him go. Let the father's of these girls mete out his punishment.
Correction: They DID have sex with him. AND fooled around. Whoever this is, you don't live in Broomfield. You didn't GO to Broomfield HS. I DID. Masse had sex with a sophomore from this year, fooled around with another one, last year it was a junior, year before that a senior. Basically, EVERY CLASS HE FOUND SOMEONE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Broomfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Broomfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••