Arvada Plaza emptying out in advance ...

Arvada Plaza emptying out in advance of 2014 demolition, Walmart build

There are 134 comments on the Denver Post story from Dec 20, 2013, titled Arvada Plaza emptying out in advance of 2014 demolition, Walmart build. In it, Denver Post reports that:

The Arvada Plaza is growing quieter by the month, as more and more tenants shutter their storefronts and move on to more permanent locations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
PATTY

Aurora, CO

#1 Dec 23, 2013
I hope the powers that be have a plan to control traffic on Ralston Road and surrounding area!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 11, 2015
PATTY wrote:
I hope the powers that be have a plan to control traffic on Ralston Road and surrounding area!
Lol. They do. It will be great!
Felma

United States

#3 Oct 12, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So says Walton family. Arvada doesn't need ANOTHER Wal-Mart.

Location hidden

#4 Oct 12, 2015
Felma wrote:
<quoted text>So says Walton family. Arvada doesn't need ANOTHER Wal-Mart.
Arvada doesn't have a Walmart. It's coming to sell affordable goods and services to a great community. We'll see you there!
Rosa Linda

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Arvada doesn't have a Walmart. It's coming to sell affordable goods and services to a great community. We'll see you there!
Arvada needs a Wal-Mart like Walton family needs more money. Thanks for closing more Arvada business

Location hidden

#6 Oct 12, 2015
Rosa Linda wrote:
<quoted text>Arvada needs a Wal-Mart like Walton family needs more money. Thanks for closing more Arvada business
Which ones closed? Invade you didn't notice the triangle was a dump and now one wanted to lease there because no one wanted to shop there.

See you at wall mart;)
Lacey

United States

#7 Oct 16, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which ones closed? Invade you didn't notice the triangle was a dump and now one wanted to lease there because no one wanted to shop there.
See you at wall mart;)
Oh good just what's needed ANOTHER Wal-Mart.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 17, 2015
Lacey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good just what's needed ANOTHER Wal-Mart.
I know right?! It's awesome to employ hundreds of citizens and provide affordable goods and services for our community! We are so blessed!
Denise

United States

#9 Oct 17, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It'd be the FIRST time they did great.
Kyle

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know right?! It's awesome to employ hundreds of citizens and provide affordable goods and services for our community! We are so blessed!
I LOVE sarcasm! Hundreds of low paying jobs with no benefits, a great place to purchase Foreign made products with profits going to Walton family. If you're lucky maybe a Wal-Mart truck driver will hit you like Tracy Morgan

Location hidden

#11 Oct 17, 2015
Denise wrote:
<quoted text>It'd be the FIRST time they did great.
Really? How so?
Haileen

United States

#12 Oct 17, 2015
Lacey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good just what's needed ANOTHER Wal-Mart.
More traffic congestion, pollution, crime, etc. Ever see the kind of people who shop @ Wal-Mart? America doesn't NEED more Wal-Mart stores
Dennis

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they build with decent plumbing & don't have to shut down in couple of years to fix like their other stores. Maybe this' will be the first union Wal-Mart since their current business model is cracking

Location hidden

#14 Oct 17, 2015
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>I LOVE sarcasm! Hundreds of low paying jobs with no benefits, a great place to purchase Foreign made products with profits going to Walton family. If you're lucky maybe a Wal-Mart truck driver will hit you like Tracy Morgan
Im glad you do. It's affective.

Lol. You do know they pay above minimum wage right? And partying employees did receive medical benefits until obamacare kicked in and the law forced Walmart to remove such benefits. So you hate affordable goods and services for poor Americans and Americans in general? Lastly, Walmart is publicly traded so those who invest and save for retirement receive the benefit of Walmart doing well.

See you there!

Location hidden

#15 Oct 17, 2015
Haileen wrote:
<quoted text>More traffic congestion, pollution, crime, etc. Ever see the kind of people who shop @ Wal-Mart? America doesn't NEED more Wal-Mart stores
Lol. Wow. Full of judgment. You must be one if you'd seen people shop there. Arvada needs Walmart or that triangle sits there an ugly deterrent.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 17, 2015
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>I hope they build with decent plumbing & don't have to shut down in couple of years to fix like their other stores. Maybe this' will be the first union Wal-Mart since their current business model is cracking
Lol. The greenest with the city is to redo the drain and sewer system prior to building. Why is "their current business model is cracking"? Cite your source
LDarlen

United States

#17 Oct 17, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
See you at wall mart;)
Wal-Mart Corporate HW let go 400 people so they can ship them to Arvada store. Heard Wal-Mart got a sweet deal to open store while Arvada keeps increasing my taxes.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 17, 2015
LDarlen wrote:
<quoted text>Wal-Mart Corporate HW let go 400 people so they can ship them to Arvada store. Heard Wal-Mart got a sweet deal to open store while Arvada keeps increasing my taxes.
Not true. Walmart raised their wages for the lower rung and laid off many to offset the cost. That's what raising the minimum wage does. Causes job loss.

Tell us.... The alternative is a crappy rundown shopping area that no one uses. You like crappy rundown shopping areas??? Sad
Deana

United States

#19 Oct 20, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im glad you do. It's affective.
Lol. You do know they pay above minimum wage right? And partying employees did receive medical benefits until obamacare kicked in and the law forced Walmart to remove such benefits. So you hate affordable goods and services for poor Americans and Americans in general? Lastly, Walmart is publicly traded so those who invest and save for retirement receive the benefit of Walmart doing well.
See you there!
Wal-Mart Corporate letting people go. What's going on Wal-Mart, chickens come home to roost? What Federal law FORCED Wal-Mart to not offer medical benefits? Majority of Wal-Mart employees "part time' & work less then 40 hrs weekly. Rumor has it Wal-Mart paid Tracy Morgan over $90 million just to him. The Truck driver who hit him being railroaded. Love the photos of peoplewho shop @ Wal-Mart. Will this walmsrt sell booze?
Emily

United States

#20 Oct 20, 2015
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Walmart raised their wages for the lower rung and laid off many to offset the cost. That's what raising the minimum wage does. Causes job loss.
Tell us.... The alternative is a crappy rundown shopping area that no one uses. You like crappy rundown shopping areas??? Sad
Wal-Mart received a sweet deal from Arvada that I wish they'd pass along to the rest of us. Maybe the upper management who were let go can be "lower rung" employees. The Wal-Mart by me last holiday season had boxes customers could donate food for employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kids Just Want To Have Fun Jun 17 Hmm 1
Computer Repair and Mac Repair in Arvada Jun 9 brichter3233 2
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) May '16 Dad 1,122
Private Personal Training at the Westminster Pr... May '16 RiskyBlonde 1
News Boulder, Broomfield counties weigh impact of fr... May '16 CO Honkey 1
Ridge Home Information (Dec '06) Apr '16 paige 60
News Dozens Arrested In Sex Trafficking Crackdown Apr '16 Elise Gingerich 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broomfield Mortgages