Lord Carey Attacks David Cameron On R...

Lord Carey Attacks David Cameron On Religion

There are 4 comments on the Tay FM story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Lord Carey Attacks David Cameron On Religion. In it, Tay FM reports that:

In an article for the Daily Mail, Lord Carey says many Christians doubt the PM's "sincerity" when he pledges to protect their religious freedoms and accuses ministers of "aiding and abetting" discrimination against believers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tay FM.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Her Majesty really needs to relinquish the title "Head of the Church", and vacate the conflation problems between church and State.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Homophobia is a religious disease that causes homophobes to physically and verbally assault strangers
Banning religion is the only way to stop homophobia
Quest

Manchester, MD

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
Homophobia is a religious disease that causes homophobes to physically and verbally assault strangers
Banning religion is the only way to stop homophobia
Sorry my love, but you don't get to destroy the principle of Freedom of religion.

The correct fight is against those who would try to codify their particular band of religion into laws that must be followed by those who don't share those beliefs.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Mar 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my love, but you don't get to destroy the principle of Freedom of religion.
The correct fight is against those who would try to codify their particular band of religion into laws that must be followed by those who don't share those beliefs.
If the principle of Freedom of Religion licenses homophobes to physically and verbally assault strangers; that is even worse
Perhaps we could convert churches into prisons to lock up all the assailants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thornton police department Jan 19 Lilyberge 1
What happened to Grandma's Kitchen???? Jan 17 Erie-ite 2
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Dec '16 Tobias 1,137
News Toddler found with hypothermia, frostbite after... Dec '16 Prq 1
Why are the PA State Police robbing the gas tax... Dec '16 Caughey Cathy 1
News Dozens Arrested In Sex Trafficking Crackdown (Apr '16) Nov '16 Joann Johnson 4
News Local restaurant chain closes after CEO's arrest (Jul '10) Sep '16 Regolith Based Li... 31

Broomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broomfield Mortgages