Denver area gained 7,900 business job...

Denver area gained 7,900 business jobs in 2010

There are 4 comments on the The Denver Business Journal story from Feb 2, 2011, titled Denver area gained 7,900 business jobs in 2010. In it, The Denver Business Journal reports that:

The Denver metro area added 7,900 private-sector jobs in 2010, the 16th largest increase out of 100 U.S. markets, according to an analysis of federal data.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Denver Business Journal.

MrWilson

Denver, CO

#1 Feb 2, 2011
If, indeed, Denver gained 7900 jobs during 2010 then how is it that the unemployment rate has continued to climb and the last quarter increased by more than 0.2% to reach 8.8%? Interesting math.
Gringo Whiteycracker

Evergreen, CO

#2 Feb 2, 2011
I dont think they are talking about jobs for Americans...And if they are They must be union...The same people that I know that are slow are still slow..Where are these jobs Id like to see the stats on where these jobs went and who got them...
New Jobs

Hesperia, CA

#3 Aug 29, 2011
Find new Business Jobs in your area from apply2hire.com/job/Business_Jobs.htm

“As American as.......”

Since: Feb 11

Apple Pie

#4 Aug 29, 2011
MrWilson wrote:
If, indeed, Denver gained 7900 jobs during 2010 then how is it that the unemployment rate has continued to climb and the last quarter increased by more than 0.2% to reach 8.8%? Interesting math.
Many people moved to the Denver area from more depressed areas of the country. Employers are more likely to hire these people because they have shown that they really want a job.

The people who sat home and collected unemployment for a year before seriously starting their job hunt aren't likely to be hired as they have shown they don't really want to work.

There are jobs out there but there are more people competing for them and only the ones who really have a work ethic and perhaps a willingness to try something new are getting them. A few years ago when unemployment was very low all the good workers already had jobs and employers had to settle for the riff raff that was left. Now they don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RFI Ingridients Jun 23 Info 2
#Legit #pain n #anxiety meds Jun 19 Jones 2
News Federal housing in Colorado remains off-limits ... (Jan '14) Jun 14 phinneas j whoopie 3
News Longtime Lafayette preschool Kiddie Kopia close... Jun 9 three letters 1
News Northglenn Officer Shot While Serving Search Wa... May '15 dminor 1
News Brush Family Dentistry offers welcoming environ... (Dec '13) May '15 KsJohn 6
Debate: Marijuana - Broomfield, CO (Aug '10) May '15 me 2
More from around the web

Broomfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Broomfield Mortgages