Family unaware A'dream homeA' belonge...

Family unaware A'dream homeA' belonged to a serial killer

There are 155 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Family unaware A'dream homeA' belonged to a serial killer. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

A Broomfield family thought they were getting into their dream home, but their real estate agent and seller never told them it was a house off horrors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Kay

Lawrence, KS

#153 Sep 23, 2010
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah, a house can certainly be evil!!! What about the house in the Amityville Horror?
Well...what about it??? Talk about phony baloney! You don't really believe that nonsense, do you? Good grief!!!

If that house *really* were evil, wanna explain to us why the several families who have lived there since 1977 (including the family that lived there from 1977-1987) said that absolutely NOTHING happened???

Being fooled in 1977 is one thing, but being fooled in 2010? With all the tons of evidence out there that the Lutz' simply worked out a good literary deal with a make-believe story??? Don't be silly.
Kay

Lawrence, KS

#154 Sep 23, 2010
Beyond stressed wrote:
<quoted text>
No People did not just die in the house they were mutilated in the house. Big difference. I wouldn't sleep a wink in this house. The family should be refunded their money and even ask for some punitive damages as part of the agreement. I am sure they have been beyond stressed.
Don't be silly. No one owes these people "punitive damages" simply because they have vivid imaginations...although I have a sneaking suspicion that's what they may be hoping.

And exactly what money should be refunded? The rent they were paying, some of which was applied to the down payment???

Sorry, but you don't want to buy the house...fine. The $$$ simply applies to the rent.

OK...now do you want to claim that landlords should be legally required to tell potential tenants the history of a rental property??
Kay

Lawrence, KS

#155 Sep 23, 2010
Paul wrote:
This would be a criminal offence in England.
No it wouldn't. Try again.
Kay

Lawrence, KS

#156 Sep 23, 2010
Politically Incorrect wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Minoloch, I really like that quote from Benjamin Franklin. My point was that because of the freedoms we enjoy, a home owner is allowed to rent out his home to the lowest form of life on the planet without any due regard to what that will do to the neighborhood value, appearance, and safety.
They can rent a home in a pristine neighborhood to an illegal swine with a dozen anchor brats who will promptly trash that street with toys, bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, candy wrappers and drink containers, really loud Mexican crap blaring over speakers, brats screaming jiberish in spanish up and down the street, empty grocery carts at the nearest corner, and vehicles parked on the grass, not to mention all the other lowlife they'll attract (other illegal swine relatives and friends along with their anchor brats), leaving the remaining American homeowners in shock at the sudden change to their little corner of beautiful America.
So our choice then becomes to either (1)put up with it and watch the swine depreciate our property values, pollute our streets, and diminish our quality of life; (2) move to a covenant controlled community where regulations will greatly serve to maintain the beauty of real America, or (3)take the law in to our own hands and forcibly remove the pestilence from our neighborhoods which will quickly land us, Americans trying to protect what is ours, in the nearest jail, leaving the cancerous puss-like ooze that is illegal alien invasion to continue on their march across our beautiful country, like locusts in a corn field, devouring voraciously the natural resources of an area before moving on, leaving behind nothing but death, destruction, and disease.
Some choice!
Sounds to me like the only "swine" - "pus-like ooze" - "lowlife" here is YOU!!! What a mean-spirited unhappy person you must be.

I'll bet you serve on the enforcement committee of your favorite covenant community. Do you run around with a ruler and measure the height of your neighbors' grass? Or the gap in their curtains? Do you complain about their pets? Or where they park their cars?

Trust me. Benjamin Franklin was warning the rest of us about people like you.
mikedeath

AOL

#157 Sep 23, 2010
damm id pay extra for a killers home
Skiddish

AOL

#158 Sep 24, 2010
Uh OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is Colorado NOT California. Colorado law does not require nor permit agents/brokers to say anything of this nature to buyers.
The new tenant/home buyer needs to get over it, the house is not evil!
They don't feel comfortable with it, niether would I. Different strokes for different folks. Doesn't seem to bother you, you should buy them out of their lease. great investment for you. I'm sure you could make a killing!
JOANN

AOL

#159 Sep 24, 2010
I AM A REALTOR IN NEW YORK AND FULL DISCLOSURE MUST ALWAYS BE TOLD TO THE PERSPECTIVE BUYER. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR REALTOR HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE MURDERS ON THE PROPERTY. IT HAD TO BE MAJOR NEWS IN THE AREA, WAS SHE IN A BUBBLE SOMEWHERE??? IF I WERE THE BUCKLEW'S, I WOULD JUST PACK UP AND FORGET ABOUT THE LEASE. THE ATTORNEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE THEM TO COURT, AND MOST OF THE TIME THE MONEY TO TAKE THEM TO TRIAL, WOULD NOT BE WORTH IT. THEIR PEACE OF MIND IS MORE IMPORTANT, AND THEY SHOULD JUST CLOSE THIS CHAPTER, AND MOVE ON TO A HAPPIER HOME. GOOD LUCK!
DebDeb

AOL

#160 Sep 24, 2010
BURN IT to the ground!!
Shayne

United States

#161 Sep 24, 2010
JOANN wrote:
I AM A REALTOR IN NEW YORK AND FULL DISCLOSURE MUST ALWAYS BE TOLD TO THE PERSPECTIVE BUYER. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR REALTOR HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE MURDERS ON THE PROPERTY. IT HAD TO BE MAJOR NEWS IN THE AREA, WAS SHE IN A BUBBLE SOMEWHERE??? IF I WERE THE BUCKLEW'S, I WOULD JUST PACK UP AND FORGET ABOUT THE LEASE. THE ATTORNEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE THEM TO COURT, AND MOST OF THE TIME THE MONEY TO TAKE THEM TO TRIAL, WOULD NOT BE WORTH IT. THEIR PEACE OF MIND IS MORE IMPORTANT, AND THEY SHOULD JUST CLOSE THIS CHAPTER, AND MOVE ON TO A HAPPIER HOME. GOOD LUCK!
Your obviously not a very intellegent Realtor in NY if you think NY laws apply to other states. It even said in the video Colorado law does NOT require full disclosure from the Realtor. The Realtor can only disclose what the seller allows them to.
NEXT!
Tulsa Oklahomo

Aurora, CO

#162 Sep 24, 2010
JOANN wrote:
You come out and tell us you're a liar, uh realtor in New York, then you expect us to believe the rest of your post? You ruined your credibility in the first couple of words.
Shayne

United States

#163 Sep 24, 2010
Rodney wrote:
<quoted text>
HEllllOOOO..Who is the wacko? This realtor knew.. this is crapola she lived in this town and knew the area..Certainly this ws all over the news..I say the REALTOR is guilty as hell and maybe that is where she will go..
BUT, dummy, if you paid attention, Colorao law does not require the Realtor to disclose this info and actually the Realtor CANNOT unless the seller allows it.
Also, I have never found any evidence that Hell was found guilty either!:)

NEXT!
Shayne

United States

#164 Sep 24, 2010
"I SEE STUPID PEOPLE"
Vetra Whittington

AOL

#165 Sep 25, 2010
What a jerk for a real estate agent. In the state we live in, it is my understanding that you have to tell the buyer if a muder has been committed in the house, it is said to be haunted or a former drug dealer lived there. The drug dealer deal is in case one of the previous owners come back for drugs or payment----or just whatever. I hope everyone who reads this will keep this in mind. If you are in another state that doesn't require this---ASK ASK ASK. i would be furious with this agent and she should have her licensed revoked. If not as we say in the South--open up a can of whip a--and go to it. GOD bless and I hope you get all your money back. I could never sleep there. Evil can remain in objects!!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#166 Sep 26, 2010
Vetra Whittington wrote:
What a jerk for a real estate agent. In the state we live in, it is my understanding that you have to tell the buyer if a muder has been committed in the house, it is said to be haunted or a former drug dealer lived there. The drug dealer deal is in case one of the previous owners come back for drugs or payment----or just whatever. I hope everyone who reads this will keep this in mind. If you are in another state that doesn't require this---ASK ASK ASK. i would be furious with this agent and she should have her licensed revoked. If not as we say in the South--open up a can of whip a--and go to it. GOD bless and I hope you get all your money back. I could never sleep there. Evil can remain in objects!!!!!
Vetra - IN COLORADO IT IS ILLEGAL FOR A REAL ESTATE AGENT TO DISCLOSE A STIGMATIZED HOME UNLESS THE OWNERS SIGN A DISCLOSURE ALLOWING IT TO BE DISCLOSED.

You don't live in Colorado so what the hell do you care?
maureen

Aurora, CO

#167 Sep 29, 2010
omg let them out of the lease

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Broomfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Aug 20 DAD 1,126
News Boulder to celebrate Indigenous Peoples' Day on... Aug 4 In the bubble 2
News Local restaurant chain closes after CEO's arrest (Jul '10) Jul '16 bbm181 31
Michael D. Brown, Attorney in Arvada, CO Jul '16 unhappy camper 1
News Broomfield teacher testifies in his defense dur... Jul '16 irahs 1
Kids Just Want To Have Fun Jun '16 Hmm 1
Computer Repair and Mac Repair in Arvada Jun '16 brichter3233 2

Broomfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Broomfield Mortgages